A question about belief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I myself have read the Bible extensively, to the point that I disregarded common sense. If I didn't step back and rethink the thing's I believed in some time ago, I would be a hollowed out shell of a human now. But that's me, not you or anyone else.
I completely understand. Everyone’s different, and Sometimes people can get self-righteous...studying Theology-too much study.
Common sense-The Lord’s O/T Book is so practical, but I didn’t see that before.
I find a chapter a day works, but that’s just me :)

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I how zero idea how you go from
"Bob is Joe's son. Bob loves Joe and knows that Joe will never betray him."
to thinking that "Jesus can betray me". That's the literal opposite of what I said.
Frustrating.
Do you know why I posted the word "Frustrating"
Because this communication thing is being frustrating for you, as well as for me. I don't know how you go from me saying "never betray" to thinking that "Jesus can betray me". But you clearly go there, resulting in frustration for the both of us.

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did Jesus as the model of a perfect human have to believe in the father while he lived on earth? Was that the way he saw his other-self who was abiding in the heavens?
I’m not sure what you’re saying. Do you mean, as Jesus is G_D, did He believe in Himself? Hi there btw :)

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I completely understand. Everyone’s different, and Sometimes people can get self-righteous...studying Theology-too much study.
Common sense-The Lord’s O/T Book is so practical, but I didn’t see that before.
I find a chapter a day works, but that’s just me :)
However, let me tell you what I did learn about Jesus over the years I studied the Gospels.

Jesus was not shallow naysayer as Christian's are the world over today. He did care for those who were with him (As his own children) But you won't find Christian's doing that (Because they've forgotten how to do that) I know this because they don't actually care about knowing anything about them, they only care about their children believing the same things they do. (Mind you, they're not your children if you want to play the God card)

What else needs to be said?

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Because this communication thing is being frustrating for you, as well as for me. I don't know how you go from me saying "never betray" to thinking that "Jesus can betray me". But you clearly go there, resulting in frustration for the both of us.
Stop assuming things on limited information.

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
However, let me tell you what I did learn about Jesus over the years I studied the Gospels.

Jesus was not shallow naysayer as Christian's are the world over today. He did care for those who were with him (As his own children) But you won't find Christian's doing that (Because they've forgotten how to do that) I know this because they don't actually care about knowing anything about them, they only care about their children believing the same things they do. (Mind you, they're not your children if you want to play the God card)

What else needs to be said?
Yes. It is hard to really get to know people on a forum though (feel free to private chat, my hubby says he’s ok with that :) )
Pretty sure we ‘believers’ lost the plot, but imo the early church lost it within a decade. It’s been 2000 yrs!
That’s why we keep on reading The Gospels-to be transformed-to walk, talk and love, like He did. The Lord bless you and keep you.....

Reactions: Nancy

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Yes. It is hard to really get to know people on a forum though (feel free to private chat, my hubby says he’s ok with that :) )
Pretty sure we ‘believers’ lost the plot, but imo the early church lost it within a decade. It’s been 2000 yrs!
That’s why we keep on reading The Gospels-to be transformed-to walk, talk and love, like He did. The Lord bless you and keep you.....
It's hard to get to know people online? (Please explain how) Why does your husband get to decide who you should know or not? (I know beyond doubt you are not happy about that) About the rest of your comments regarding Christian's and the early church, I am surprised that you think that in only 10 short year's the church went pair shaped.

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's hard to get to know people online? (Please explain how) Why does your husband get to decide who you should know or not? (I know beyond doubt you are not happy about that) About the rest of your comments regarding Christian's and the early church, I am surprised that you think that in only 10 short year's the church went pair shaped.
I prefer to meet face to face, (so can tell if someone is lying). Online, I can’t. People can be secretive.
The husband is (or should be) head of the woman. As you’ve read the Bible ‘extensively’ you’ll already know this. My happiness Shouldn’t concern you. How do I know if you are a man or woman?
Imo Hierarchy entered the church early on. My guess it started approximately after the first decade. :)

Last edited:

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I prefer to meet face to face, (so can tell if someone is lying). Online, I can’t. People can be secretive.
The husband is (or should be) head of the woman. As you’ve read the Bible ‘extensively’ you’ll already know this. My happiness Shouldn’t concern you. How do I know if you are a man or woman?
Imo Hierarchy entered the church early on. My guess it started approximately after the first decade. :)
You're right, it's no concern of my own.