A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's called The Word of God, that you have rejected, the Christian Bible.
So how does the Word of God represent Armor if you are a Bible Literalist?
I'd also like to know how does the Word of God resist a very powerful rebel angel?
:contemplate:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Jack what I've learned about false teachings, is when they are tested it's like taking a wrong turn...you end up at a dead end.

If I pressed you to explain how mere words repel a Supernatural Angel when I know just one angel can open the earth a swallow wicked men and the their families.

All the members in this forum can only make up stories as to how or why mere words can repel a powerful rebel angel.

I can't know something which is unknowable.

Lies are lies.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because there are LOTS of promises of protection for God's people in the Bible.

Same answer.
But how Jack...boy its not often you leave out a Scripture....we are heading into man-made teaching now...i get it.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack what I've learned about false teachings, is when they are tested it's like taking a wrong turn...you end up at a dead end.
The only "dead end" in the Bible is the Lake of Fire.
If I pressed you to explain how mere words repel a Supernatural Angel when I know just one angel can open the earth a swallow wicked men and the their families.
The Word of God is so powerful it created all things.
All the members in this forum can only make up stories as to how or why mere words can repel a powerful rebel angel.

I can't know something which is unknowable.

Lies are lies.

F2F
The Word of God is not "mere words".

Ephesians 6
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But how Jack...boy its not often you leave out a Scripture....we are heading into man-made teaching now...i get it.
You just called 'The Word of God' "man made teaching". That's why you are in deep trouble now.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You just called 'The Word of God' "man made teaching". That's why you are in deep trouble now.
Deep trouble Jack.
So you have not explained how mere spoken words resist a powerful angel.
You also have not explained how Armor can mean God's Word
You have some explaining to do Jack.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deep trouble Jack.
Attention face2face!

Hebrews 4
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The POWER of God's Word:

2 Peter 3
5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died because we murdered him or do you think God was in cahoots with Satan and evil men arranging his murder?

The dead animals were largely because people thought God wanted blood, the more the merrier. They copied the ideas the pagan nations around them had.

When it came to the Sanctuary, it was to show what we would do with an innocent victim ie, kill him.

Don't you find it strange that after all those millions of animals killed the Jews didn't join the dots when it came to Jesus?
John the baptist called him the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.

The OT sacrifice showed than unless blood is shed. there is no atonement

We killed God? My bible says jesus GAVE UP the spirit..

We did nto kill him, he allowed us to hang him on the cross. He could have came off that cross at any time, but he did not. because he loved us

Reactions: Jack

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was an interesting exchange, one I will cherish for a long time to come...I dont often think about these interactions that way. I had the same experience with St.Steven, over and over, in fact it actually got a little weird and uncomfortable for him so much so I think I am now blocked, Wrangler and Aunty Jane as well. I wonder if there is a mechanism in the forum that if you get so many blocks you instantly locked out LOL.

To hold such a belief would be like Judas walking out the door "and it was night" - he took bread...but never the cup (blood). I guess for some they come so close to the offering of God but can't bring themselves to enter.

Sad really....the fullness of joy experienced in the fellowship with God and Christ is incredible - life changing.

F2F
don;t feel bad, He ignored me too (st.Steven)

some people can not just be open.. they get mad when you question them..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You all know I have no time for a belief in a fallen rebel angel (such a lie!) but the above question is valid and has been answered in previous posts.

There is a level of ignorance in that comment which is hardly worth responding to really. God delivered the order of sacrifices to Moses end of story.

You mean they didn't allow the School Master to lead them to "the" sacrifice of God? It was because of their ignorance and unwillingness to heed the lessons being taught from the Law (& Christ) in the same way you reject the blood of Christ - no different Quiet - you are doing precisely what the Jews did....rebel against God's provision.

As Paul wrote for "it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins" (Heb. 10:4). God knew this when He instituted animal sacrifices that they were weak and unprofitable, and made nothing perfect (Hebrews 7:18,19). Only one sacrifice could make perfect and its the one you reject.

For those who accept Romans 5:9 and its principles you have life.

8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. Ro 5:8–9.

F2F
amen!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deep trouble Jack.
You have some
Jesus showed us, when he was tempted by satan

it is written

it is written

it is written

Paul was huge on using military words to explain a spiritual truth

the word arms us, because satan comes as an angel of light. he deceives us, like he did Eve by trying to get us to think something that is not true is really true

thats why we need the word.. it is our protection

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John the baptist called him the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.

We did nto kill him, he allowed us to hang him on the cross. He could have came off that cross at any time, but he did not. because he loved us
1. The lamb of God.......innocent, gentle, harmless.......who takes away the sin of the world.....a description of his character.
2. OT sacrifice.....a type for innocence being killed by and for the guilty.
3 No blood, no atonement.....blood = life. Jesus gave his life, meaning more than giving it up in death but we killed him.

We were the instrument of murderous rage. We (humanity) could not countenance a vulnerable God. Love by its very nature is vulnerable.

for example, the God's we invent.....from all the cultures throughout history. None of them display their power, their glory by allowing the creatures to slaughter them.....yes slaughter.
Men's glory and the glory of their gods is to crush the opposition and elevate themselves......our competition/ sports/ politics reflect this principle. It is even in the language men use in 'victory'

Jesus died not just a death but a brutal death.....he submitted to our uncontrolled rage. Why? because God wanted blood? No, because no matter what we did to him we could not stop him loving us. There was no retaliation, only forgiveness.

I propose the reason he never showed himself to his murderers after his resurrection was in kindness; they wouldn't have been able to handle it. They probably would have dropped dead by the revelation just like Ananias and Sapphira did when the truth exposed them to themselves.

How to see/ hear what we see/ hear? .....here is another example; the interaction with the thief beside Jesus; how are his words to be understood? 'I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise' or 'I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise'?
Where one puts the coma shifts everything in ones understanding.

It is like that in understanding God's gift of giving himself. It is either a gift or a payment, it can't be both.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus showed us, when he was tempted by satan

it is written

it is written

it is written

Paul was huge on using military words to explain a spiritual truth

the word arms us, because satan comes as an angel of light. he deceives us, like he did Eve by trying to get us to think something that is not true is really true

thats why we need the word.. it is our protection
Everything you have written though is inferred - you get this right?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1. The lamb of God.......innocent, gentle, harmless.......who takes away the sin of the world.....a description of his character.
Very true!
2. OT sacrifice.....a type for innocence being killed by and for the guilty.
Interesting description given animals are not moral creatures.
3 No blood, no atonement.....blood = life. Jesus gave his life, meaning more than giving it up in death but we killed him.
God allow men to kill His Son. You have already been shown approx. 6 verses that say exactly that. Boy Quiet..why do you think God stayed Abraham's hand through an angel? Salvation was not going to come through the strength of men's hands!

Do you get this point? Jesus did clearly but do you?

We were the instrument of murderous rage. We (humanity) could not countenance a vulnerable God. Love by its very nature is vulnerable.
Yes God was vulnerable to a point. The putting to death of the sin's flesh in His Son was a righteous act.
Jesus died not just a death but a brutal death.....he submitted to our uncontrolled rage. Why? because God wanted blood? No, because no matter what we did to him we could not stop him loving us. There was no retaliation, only forgiveness.
And judgement against those who lifted their hands against the Lord's anointed.

It's such a shame that you hold the Word of God with such contempt Quiet. If only you could "bend" your will to it so many things would become clear.
I propose the reason he never showed himself to his murderers after his resurrection was in kindness; they wouldn't have been able to handle it.
No, again Jesus was under commandment of His Father.

In that place (of judgement) there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you (his enemies) see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but you yourselves cast out.

It wasn't time to judge them!

They probably would have dropped dead by the revelation just like Ananias and Sapphira did when the truth exposed them to themselves.
Good example of the permanent judgement to be handed out to those who reject the Son.
How to see/ hear what we see/ hear? .....here is another example; the interaction with the thief beside Jesus; how are his words to be understood? 'I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise' or 'I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise'?
Where one puts the coma shifts everything in ones understanding.

It is like that in understanding God's gift of giving himself. It is either a gift or a payment, it can't be both.
A free gift.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deep trouble Jack.
You either believe what is written or you don't. You obviously don't. But you have clearly proven that already.

You don't believe that Jesus is God.
You don't believe in the eternal Hell.
You don't believe Satan exists.
You believe angels were the creators.
You don't believe the Bible is the written Word of God.

Is there anything in the Bible that you believe is the written Word of God? Just what is your religion???

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So He allowed us to kill Him.