A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Bronx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a summary of the testimony of Geoffrey Jackson, a member of Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, before Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Abuse on 14th August 2015.

While under oath, Governing Body member, Geoffrey Jackson was asked by Australia’s Angus Stewart: “Do you see yourselves as Jehovah God’s spokespeople on earth?” Jackson answered as follows:

Now, I ask any Jehovah's Witness here was Jackson speaking the truth? Is this "New Light"? or was this "theocratic warfare"? He also said they were "trying to fulfill that role" of the slave class, and yet when you read what they've stated in the past and currently today both in print and in video, they aren't "trying", they are "doing", they make no qualms about it. They are the slave class appointed by Jesus and complete obedience is required for salvation. Seems Jackson was speaking with a forked tongue.

Below is the complete video, the part in question is at the very beginning, around the 2-minute mark.

660 comments, and not one response to the original post. Sorry I don't have an answer to you. But it would seem to be as you put it, "theocratic warfare". Notice what the Watchtower states here in the article:

So in time of spiritual warfare it is proper to misdirect the enemy by hiding the truth. It is done unselfishly; it does not harm anyone; on the contrary, it does much good.​

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
660 comments, and not one response to the original post. Sorry I don't have an answer to you. But it would seem to be as you put it, "theocratic warfare". Notice what the Watchtower states here in the article:

So in time of spiritual warfare it is proper to misdirect the enemy by hiding the truth. It is done unselfishly; it does not harm anyone; on the contrary, it does much good.​
I must have answered it--There is 0 doubt in all creation the JW,s are lead by Matt 24:45--The teachings of Jesus in every translation on earth prove it. As does true God worship history. 0 doubt sir. It takes knowing what Jesus actually taught-FEW on earth do. They say the Lords prayer a gazillion times yet cant even understand it.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a summary of the testimony of Geoffrey Jackson, a member of Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, before Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Abuse on 14th August 2015.

While under oath, Governing Body member, Geoffrey Jackson was asked by Australia’s Angus Stewart: “Do you see yourselves as Jehovah God’s spokespeople on earth?” Jackson answered as follows:

Now, I ask any Jehovah's Witness here was Jackson speaking the truth? Is this "New Light"? or was this "theocratic warfare"? He also said they were "trying to fulfill that role" of the slave class, and yet when you read what they've stated in the past and currently today both in print and in video, they aren't "trying", they are "doing", they make no qualms about it. They are the slave class appointed by Jesus and complete obedience is required for salvation. Seems Jackson was speaking with a forked tongue.

Below is the complete video, the part in question is at the very beginning, around the 2-minute mark.

Forked tongue indeed! One JW here said flat out, "Jesus is ONLY with JW's"!

Off hand I can't think of anything JW's are right about.

Last edited:

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Bronx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, how about their name? Shouldn’t we all be witnesses to Jehovah, the English translation for YHWH, Jesus’ God and our God?
The only Jehovah's Witnesses are the Jews.

Christians are to be Jesus' Witnesses.

"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." - Acts 1:8

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." - Acts 1:8
As if we cannot be witnesses to BOTH God, first, and then his son, who ALSO is a witness to Jehovah who made us priests for Jesus’ God (Jehovah or YHWH),

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in union withChrist with every spiritual blessing
Eph 1:3

No one has ever seen God; the only begotten Son, who is in a most intimate relationship with the Father, he has explained him.
John 1:18

Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us, and freed us from our sins by his blood and has made us to be a kingdom, as priests to his God and Father; to him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever.
Rev 1:5-6

Last edited:
Reactions: ElieG12

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is evident that Jesus was a witness of Jehovah as Rev. 1:5 says; 3:14.

The Scriptures say:

John 1:18 No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him.

So, we are witnessing Jehovah following Jesus' testimony.

Modern Jews are not Jehovah's Witnesses...they don't even mention His name, if someway they even know how it was pronounced in Hebrew. Who thinks that modern Jews can be witnesses to someone they don't even know?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus is our example to follow, listen to and obey.( that is the meaning of being a christian) He was a Jew thus a Jehovah witness as are all of his followers. One can be witness about both.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As if we cannot be witnesses to BOTH God, first, and then his son, who ALSO is a witness to Jehovah who made us priests for Jesus’ God (Jehovah or YHWH),

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in union withChrist with every spiritual blessing
Eph 1:3

No one has ever seen God; the only begotten Son, who is in a most intimate relationship with the Father, he has explained him.
John 1:18

Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us, and freed us from our sins by his blood and has made us to be a kingdom, as priests to his God and Father; to him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever.
Rev 1:5-6
Unfortunately the religions lead by blind guides fail 100% to listen to Jesus--They stop at Jesus but Jesus taught--I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me--They stop at Jesus and fail to get to the Father. Thus cannot accomplish this-John 4:22-24--And Jesus teaches this super important teaching--Matt 6:33-Keep on seeking -FIRST- the kingdom and his ( YHVH(Jehovah) Father) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)-- Again the blind guides teach to seek Jesus' righteousness first because they do not listen to Jesus nor do they know him.

• Love
Reactions: Wrangler

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is our example to follow, listen to and obey.( that is the meaning of being a christian) He was a Jew thus a Jehovah witness as are all of his followers. One can be witness about both.
Jesus was JW? Nah, He is God. He warned JW's of the EVERLASTING fire that they reject.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Michael was the prince of Daniel's people before Christ, like the angel said Daniel here:

Dan. 10:21 However, I will tell you the things recorded in the writings of truth. There is no one strongly supporting me in these things but Michael, your prince.

... what is the problem with him also being, under the name of Jesus, the King of the new nation of God?

Dan. 12:1 “During that time Michael will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of your people. And there will occur a time of distress such as has not occurred since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, everyone who is found written down in the book.

Daniel 12:1 refers to true Christians as modern "Daniel's people", not modern Jews.