A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't really mind what you think about anything, since you seem to act like an automat programmed to write hate messages. That's why I am sending you to my ignore list. Enjoy your stay in the empty space. :Broadly:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't really mind what you think about anything, since you seem to act like an automat programmed to write hate messages. That's why I am sending you to my ignore list. Enjoy your stay in the empty space. :Broadly:
If I hated you I wouldn't be trying to pull you out of the fire. I would just let you continue on. I defend the Bible. You attack the Bible. That's true hatred! It's quite interesting that JW's don't even know their bible says Jesus is God and Hell fire is eternal!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before you go, tell us why JW's won't tell us how long they've been JW's. Is that forbidden by Kingdom Hall?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is "interesting" in this combination of words is the fact that after verbally misstreating a lady, you still tell her much love.
What do you think Jesus would think about that?
I'm sorry, where did you think I was mistreating her? In calling her comments "junk"?

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that there are two resurrections, means that there is a “first resurrection” for God’s elect, who are transformed into spirit beings in order to dwell in the presence of God (Rev 20:6) and there is a later ‘general’ resurrection of all those in sheol/hades. (John 5:28-29) Both the righteous and the unrighteousness will come back at that time....the righteous to life, and the unrighteous to a period of judgment. The majority will be those who never had an opportunity to know God or his son.....they will get that opportunity. A thousand years to show God if they are worthy of life
Wow! This is the most succinct way I've ever heard it put. Thanks! :D

Reactions: Aunty Jane

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a critical thinker who has thrown of the shackles of mysticsim found in trintiarianism. That's how.
So you are NOT a Watchtower member? I thought you said "our" when you were talking about that. No? I thought you were making an admission?

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are NOT a Watchtower member? I thought you said "our" when you were talking about that. No? I thought you were making an admission?

Much love!
@marks,

I may have used the word "our." The use was to show solidarity to an idea, a doctrinal commonality. I tend not to use the term to convey denominational allegience in common - especially since I go to a non-denominational church. ;)

Hope this helps!

W

Reactions: marks

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you missed the intent of what I was presenting. The claim made was that the lack of an article makes the noun indefinite. My simple presentation demonstrates that this is not so.

I'm curious, how do you answer my objection that the Watchtower is polytheistic? That you hold to God, and "a god" (do you agree with that?), therefore, you have 2 gods?

Much love!
I don't deny that some nouns without the definite article will not be translated as indefinite. The real point is that in examining John 1:1c we have a nominative case noun (theos in this case). This case (with a few known exceptions) will be translated with "a/an" when used as it is in John 1:1c. My study, which you obviously have avoided, not only points out the known exceptions as stated by noted trinitarian NT Grammarians themselves, but actually lists all 19 parallel examples found in John's writings. They all are translated in trinitarian-translated Bibles as indefinite nouns with the indefinite article ("a/an").

A person wishing to use John 1:1c differently would at least try to show mistakes I may have made in my study. Changing the subject away from John's usage here is not an honest answer.

DEFinite John 1:1c

Examining the Trinity (Seven Lessons)

John 1:1c Primer - For Grammatical Rules That Supposedly "Prove" the Trinity

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't deny that some nouns without the definite article will not be translated as indefinite. The real point is that in examining John 1:1c we have a nominative case noun (theos in this case). This case (with a few known exceptions) will be translated with "a/an" when used as it is in John 1:1c. My study, which you obviously have avoided, not only points out the known exceptions as stated by noted trinitarian NT Grammarians themselves, but actually lists all 19 parallel examples found in John's writings. They all are translated in trinitarian-translated Bibles as indefinite nouns with the indefinite article ("a/an").

A person wishing to use John 1:1c differently would at least try to show mistakes I may have made in my study. Changing the subject away from John's usage here is not an honest answer.

DEFinite John 1:1c

Examining the Trinity (Seven Lessons)

John 1:1c Primer - For Grammatical Rules That Supposedly "Prove" the Trinity
It must be confronting to have the very foundational belief supporting all the other errors taught in Christendom, to be so succinctly proven false. The evidence is clear and simple.....one has to believe suggestions over solid evidence to accept what God’s word has never taught.

There is no trinity, no immortal soul, and no ‘heaven or hell’ as opposite destinations for the dead. All these foundational beliefs are found in false religion, promoted by this world’s ruler. (1 John 5:19)
We know that the Bible does not support any of them.

This reminds me of how similarly the theory of evolution became so readily believed and accepted as fact by those who wanted it to be true. If you carefully examine their evidence, it is punctuated by phrases such as “might have” or “could have” or “this leads us to the conclusion that....”
There is no real evidence....it is a belief that requires as much faith as any religious person.

The devil has no new tricks because he can depend on human nature to remain the same, generation after generation.....and his propaganda works on those who are not genuine truth seekers. (2 Thess 2:9-12)

Reactions: tigger 2

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps you missed the intent of what I was presenting. The claim made was that the lack of an article makes the noun indefinite. My simple presentation demonstrates that this is not so.

I'm curious, how do you answer my objection that the Watchtower is polytheistic? That you hold to God, and "a god" (do you agree with that?), therefore, you have 2 gods?
After all that has been written in answer to your repeated suggestions as to what you claim that we believe, I am left wondering if you have any comprehension skills at all.
We do not worship two “gods” because we only have one......like Jesus, we worship the Father who is our only God (capital “G”). The apostles too worshipped only the Father because to worship a human or any other god, was against his law. (Exodus 20:3; 1 Cor 8:5-6)

There are other “gods” in the Bible and in Greek, (of which you seem to claim some expertise) the meaning of “theos” is ‘a god or goddess or any deity or divinity’...so calling someone “theos” without the definite article is not necessarily calling them “God” but referring to them by a word that describes their status from God’s perspective. If Yahweh himself can call his human judges “gods”, then you have to explain to us why you stumble over a word that has several meanings. This is simply blind faith in action....seeing only what you want to see and stubbornly refusing to acknowledge what is presented to you as scriptural fact.....all the best with that. It is ignorance by choice, and we will all be judged by our choices.

Reactions: face2face

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I just have no more patience for ad hominem posting. It's fine to discuss doctrine, disagreements, but posts like that show a different spirit, and do not advance fruitful discussion.

Much love!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm sorry, I just have no more patience for ad hominem posting. It's fine to discuss doctrine, disagreements, but posts like that show a different spirit, and do not advance fruitful discussion.

Much love!
So...calling my posts “junk” was advancing fruitful discussion....? :IDK:

If you have to attack to disguise the fact that you have no defence for what you hold as truth, then I’d call that retreat. You have not addressed a single point with any indication that you actually acknowledged what was written to you specifically. We have addressed your points scripturally....but you have ignored ours.
Truth seekers do not do that. If you cannot adequately defend, then don’t post. If you run away, feigning offence, it is a cowards response.
You blame us for exposing what was never truth in the first place.....that is what Jesus did. Just because something is unpopular or even viewed by the majority as ‘heresy’, doesn’t make it wrong.....Jesus caused a stir among the Jews because he upset their apple cart and exposed them for what they were......are we seeing history repeating....?
We all have to make choices as to what is real truth in a world ruled by the greatest con artist who ever lived. We will live or die by whom we choose to believe, and how we choose to act. (Matt 7:21-23)

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After all that has been written in answer to your repeated suggestions as to what you claim that we believe, I am left wondering if you have any comprehension skills at all.
We do not worship two “gods” because we only have one......like Jesus, we worship the Father who is our only God (capital “G”). The apostles too worshipped only the Father because to worship a human or any other god, was against his law. (Exodus 20:3; 1 Cor 8:5-6)

There are other “gods” in the Bible and in Greek, (of which you seem to claim some expertise) the meaning of “theos” is ‘a god or goddess or any deity or divinity’...so calling someone “theos” without the definite article is not necessarily calling them “God” but referring to them by a word that describes their status from God’s perspective. If Yahweh himself can call his human judges “gods”, then you have to explain to us why you stumble over a word that has several meanings. This is simply blind faith in action....seeing only what you want to see and stubbornly refusing to acknowledge what is presented to you as scriptural fact.....all the best with that. It is ignorance by choice, and we will all be judged by our choices.
Excellent explanation.

Calling JWs polytheists for considering Jesus a god as the Bible says (John 1:1,18), yet in contrast to the God who is to be worshiped (John 17:3; 20:17), is reckless, because it is accusing Jesus himself of the same, since he admitted that God called gods even other humans who were judges in Israel (John 10:34,35; Psal. 82:6).

It is a fact that those who hate JWs do not realize the serious implications of their accusations to us, even denying Jesus and the Scriptures with these accusations, to the point of even blaspheming against God. If God called some humans “gods,” would that make God a polytheist? Obviously that is blasphemy, and is implicated in the accusation of polytheism to JWs.

Although we agree with the Scriptures about the existence of real and recognized gods, such as Satan for this system of things that he rules (2 Cor. 4:4), it does not mean that we worship any of those other gods.

Paul said under inspiration: "there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,”"... even if he said "there is actually to us one God, the Father" (1 Cor. 8:5,6). So he admitted about the existence of other gods, but clarified that the Christian's worship is only to One. Actually, when he said that our God is THE FATHER, everyone who considers Jesus to be his God and puts him in the place of his Father is committing idolatry; some call that christolatry.

Ask yourself: Given what we know of Jesus' teachings in the Bible, do you think he would accept being given the worship due to his Father?

John 5:39 “YOU are searching the Scriptures, because YOU think that by means of them YOU will have everlasting life; and these are the very ones that bear witness about me. 40 And yet YOU do not want to come to me that YOU may have life. 41 I do not accept glory from men, 42 but I well know that YOU do not have the love of God in YOU. 43 I have come in the name of my Father, but YOU do not receive me; if someone else arrived in his own name, YOU would receive that one. 44 How can YOU believe, when YOU are accepting glory from one another and YOU are not seeking the glory that is from the only God?

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...calling my posts “junk” was advancing fruitful discussion....?
That post contained an example of what I meant. Not need to make it something it's not.

Here are a few more,

You read very selectively, only focusing on what you want my words to say...

You seem to have very little comprehension of anything that is outside of your own indoctrination......

I am left wondering if you have any comprehension skills at all.

seeing only what you want to see and stubbornly refusing to acknowledge what is presented to you as scriptural fact

So maybe this applies to yourself . . .

If you have to attack to disguise the fact that you have no defence for what you hold as truth, then I’d call that retreat.
Much love!

Last edited:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, putting down a lady and then saying "much love" is still hypocritical.

In fact, I have noticed that many characters in the web tend to have signatures full of "love", but the content of their messages is intensely aggressive. You even threatened me that you would ignore me without a valid reason... but at the same time you have been disparaging JWs for our biblical understanding in many ways, which I consider is provocation enough for any witness on the forum.

The truth is that no matter how much some believers, religious or not, criticize us, the biblical topics in the forums would not survive without our intervention and accurate teaching on the biblical information that we know so well and share to others. So rather than provoking us, you and other interested persons on the impact this forum could have on the biblical knowledge of the readers, should thank us for contributing with such poise and endurance to the biblical education of the few real readers who may be watching the diferent topics.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, putting down a lady and then saying "much love" is still hypocritical.
Again, let's not make this something it's not. I've commented on some of her comments. And I'm just not interested in that style of interaction. We don't need to address others that way. That's all there is to it.

Much love!

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, let's not make this something it's not. I've commented on some of her comments. And I'm just not interested in that style of interaction. We don't need to address others that way. That's all there is to it.

Much love!
I understand what you say. Do the same we do: as much as possible, try to focus in the biblical points and arguments.

Like: any answer to my post#195?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 3:13-16 KJV
13) Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14) But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15) This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16) For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.