A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Seems you are confusing ethics with metaphysics.

While you might prefer to focus on what you call 'the true battle within,' it does not chnge the fact that there is a devil in Scripture.
There are many devils satans in Scripture Wrangler - false accusers are always spoken of in the negative for obvious reasons while satans can be positive - i.e I could be an adversary of good if I stopped you from sinning etc.

There are so many examples, but like I said, if the mind is blinded to truth who shall know it?

Here is one such passage in Acts 5:3,4 Peter said to Ananias, "Why has Satan filled thine heart . . . ?"

Now the supernatural believer would write books on this one sentence and make up all kinds of fairytales, BUT the next verse explains:

"Why have you conceived this thing in thine heart? The Adversary is defined for you Wrangler, but are you willing to acknowledge it? Probibly not!

Acts 5:3,4 is teaching the truth, that if an individual gives themselves over to sin, it is said to be Satan (an adversary) entering into their heart.

The same was said of Jesus toward Peter...so many examples!

F2F

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1st, I don't know if that is true.
Agree
2nd, it seems like you are picking on this denomination's beliefs. The reason seems IDOLATRY (of doctrine).
No, just happens to be a belief Jane promotes in the forum and that we have had many discussions on in the past. You shouldn't feel left out, as you hold the same belief.
3rd, So what if a certain member of a certain denomination won't defend that denomination's beliefs? (I'm kind of glad I go to a non-denominational church. It seems to put an end to people who seeks such information to attack.)
I'm glad you do also, but if the non-demoninational church teaches the existence of false god, then it matters not whether you are denominational or not, in God's eye, a false teaching is sin.
4th, Are we required to defend our denomination against other christian denominations attacks? Not sure where Christ ever said such a thing as 'attack denominational differences' and when they will not defend, claim victory of some sort?
Attack? We can warn, teach, defend...bring to light those serious breaches of truth, which this is in my opinion. The stark reality here Wrangler, is how believers refuse to test their understanding of this subject. You go anywhere in this forum and you will hear, "Satan this and Devil that", and the story and detials are 100% fabricated - their knowledge has absolutely no basis in the Bible.
This thread is called 'A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses.' It is not tora. Tora. Tora!
And the question has been asked. How can JW's promote the existence of the supernatural agent of evil, which is nowhere taught in the OT and no origin story anywhere in the OT or NT... Maybe it's the silence which reveals the blindness is well and truly set in and people are too frightened to test their beliefs.

To be honest Wrangler I didnt expect this from you...your integrity to search the Scripture to see if these things are so is normally without question. I can't remain silent on this subject any longer.

F2F

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..The silence is deafening from your end.
One more time . . . Don't make things something they are not.

I've told you several times but I guess you don't believe me. Or you find this sort of comment useful to bolster your end, though I've already told you.

I lose interest in conversations with people when they, such as you did, start making things personal. And continue in that way.

It's fine to discuss the topic, but the topic isn't me. And the more someone speaks that way, the more I realize, that's just what they do. And that's not what I'm here for.

The deafening silence is me being done with ad hominem discussion, and just plain poor manners.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many devils satans in Scripture Wrangler
Your whole take on this is whacked. Yes, there is evil within us but there is also in Scripture an actual Being called the devil or satan. Not sure why you are insisting the term only applies to an attribute of our condition rather than a separate Being but there it is.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack a better and clearer translation of Isaiah 48:16 is this one and there are others of course...

This is from the Contemporary English version:

Verse 16 "come closer and listen! I have never kept secret the things I have said: and I was here before time began. By the power of his Spirit the LORD God has sent me with this message:"

I just tried to simplify...that this is YHWH with a message, using his Spirit to drive Isaiah to speak it.
How does the Contemporary English translate John 20:28?

John 20:28
28 And Thomas said unto Jesus, "My Lord and my God."

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is some truth in all religion. God only accepts-all truth. I don't think that is what Brother Jackson meant. Maybe in bible days but not now.
So you / Kingdom Hall are right about everything? Off hand I can't think of anything you're right about concerning the Christian Bible that you call errors and Satanic.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you / Kingdom Hall are right about everything? Off hand I can't think of anything you're right about concerning the Christian Bible that you call errors and Satanic.
i cant think-is the only true thing you have stated about yourself.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're upset because I point out all your JW errors. Well, not all of them. There are so many.
Only in your false twisted reasoning. God hid many truths. Only those taught by these Matt 24:45 know them. 1 single religion. Unified in love, peace and thought. That leaves trinity religionssssssss out.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only in your false twisted reasoning. God hid many truths. Only those taught by these Matt 24:45 know them. 1 single religion. Unified in love, peace and thought.
I point out your JW errors and you RUN like the Devil!
That leaves trinity religionssssssss out.
I think you just violated forum rules.

Reactions: marks

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your whole take on this is whacked. Yes, there is evil within us but there is also in Scripture an actual Being called the devil or satan. Not sure why you are insisting the term only applies to an attribute of our condition rather than a separate Being but there it is.
Wrangler, you don't have all the tools, which is why you find it whack.

Take 1 Timothy 3:11

Why did the writers not translate Diabolos, as Devil in that verse? Try and answer the question - don't run like so many do!

Take Titus 2:3

Why did writers not translate Diabolos, as Devil's in that verse also?

And if they did, what are the consequences to the text and context?

You see, I don't believe you understand how these words are used to the point that when you see the word you attach erroneous notions to them, which just aren't present in the Word.

Let's see if you are willing to enter the Word and be your "honest self", which I have come to respect over the years.

If you actually "get this" then you are without excuse in opening other sections of Scripture.

F2F

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does the Contemporary English translate John 20:28?

John 20:28
28 And Thomas said unto Jesus, "My Lord and my God."
(CEV) verse 28: Thomas replied, " You are my Lord and my God!"

I hope you are not trying to understand the Father and the Son by viewing selective verses without knowing their associated context?

Just say, it can be deceiving

Reactions: face2face

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(CEV) verse 28: Thomas replied, " You are my Lord and my God!"

I hope you are not trying to understand the Father and the Son by viewing selective verses without knowing their associated context?

Just say, it can be deceiving
And Jesus taught Thomas personally. Jesus is my God too!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus taught Thomas personally. Jesus is my God too!
For me Jack, Jesus is not only my lord and savior, he is my advocate to, and the representative and image for his and my Father, the one true God. And so he can be designated as a god for me, as for Thomas, although not God himself.

I believe though that Thomas responded with great surprise in seeing Jesus in a new transitionary form who could walk through walls and also showed his marks on his body. This new view of Jesus and being alive again, must have made him spontaneously cry out to Jesus, his lord, and God, because Thomas was now convinced he was alive because of his Father, God as Jesus predicted and told him and the other disciples.

Reactions: face2face

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me Jack, Jesus is not only my lord and savior, he is my advocate to, and the representative and image for his and my Father, the one true God. And so he can be designated as a god for me, as for Thomas, although not God himself.
So you're saying Jesus Who taught Thomas was a BAD teacher?
I believe though that Thomas responded with great surprise in seeing Jesus in a new transitionary form who could walk through walls and also showed his marks on his body. This new view of Jesus and being alive again, must have made him spontaneously cry out to Jesus, his lord, and God, because Thomas was now convinced he was alive because of his Father, God as Jesus predicted and told him and the other disciples.
IOW, you're saying Thomas and Jesus are wrong!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're saying Jesus Who taught Thomas was a BAD teacher?

IOW, you're saying Thomas and Jesus are wrong!
Neither is true for me. How was Jesus a bad teacher and why is Thomas and Jesus wrong" for what? I guess you need to explain why you think so, because I believe your two questions are incorrect.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither is true for me. How was Jesus a bad teacher and why is Thomas and Jesus wrong" for what? I guess you need to explain why you think so, because I believe your two questions are incorrect.
Thomas said Jesus is God. Jesus taught Thomas.