A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it sure wasn't King James.

What makes a translation legitimate?
It has Gods inspired will in it= his personal name-YHVH(Jehovah) in the OT nearly 6800 spots and in the NT over 200 spots. Wicked men by satans will who had no right removed Gods name and replaced it with titles-Why? Fear of taking his name in vain in false reasoning-(-Fact-Only the wicked fear taking Gods name in vain, the righteous run to that name as a strong tower. They share that name just like Jesus did( John 17:6,26)

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Midwest
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has Gods inspired will in it= his personal name-YHVH(Jehovah) in the OT nearly 6800 spots and in the NT over 200 spots. Wicked men by satans will who had no right removed Gods name and replaced it with titles-Why? Fear of taking his name in vain in false reasoning-(-Fact-Only the wicked fear taking Gods name in vain, the righteous run to that name as a strong tower. They share that name just like Jesus did( John 17:6,26)
And yet the NWT is not accepted by the majority of Biblical scholars, go figure!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is only one “ho theos” (indicating the only true God, Jehovah) and there is the Word (ho Logos) who was the one who spoke for his God and Father.
Seems to me that each and every prophet ALSO spoke for God the Father - by definition.

One speaking for God does not make that speaker God.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet the NWT is not accepted by the majority of Biblical scholars, go figure!
There have been many translations in history with a god at John 1:1--Rejected by so called scholars. Here are the so called scholars of Jesus' day- Matt 12:24--not so scholarly as they thought they were. Jesus even told them off at Matt 23-saying they were misleading all listening to them to not enter Gods kingdom.
The divine name kjv came out in 2015, they put Gods name back where it belongs. Because it belongs in every one of those spots--BY GODS WILL his name belongs in every one of those spots. The truly unscholarly keep Gods name out against his will to mislead.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My translation does not have that. Do you have a source or translation I can refer to?
Which translation do you use? The divine name kjv put Gods name back in all those spots, it came out in 2015. Because it belongs in all those spots-Every scholar on earth knows its fact. Wicked men by satans will removed Gods name against Gods will. Ones religion shows whose will they give support to by the translation they use.
It misleads with his name removed. Misleads one to not be able to accomplish this-John 4:22-24--satan beat 99% on earth today, centuries ago. they don't have a clue. Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day( 99.9% mislead) at Luke 17:26) and he teaches-FEW will find the road that leads off into life( be saved)
Most want their ears tickled with words like you are saved, and they believe it and know little of Gods will. They know little of what Jesus actually teaches.

• Haha
Reactions: The Learner

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL.....If it was, then we would be worried, since the majority of them are trinitarians. Ours is faithful to the original languages, which only careful Bible study reveals......we do not not accept misinterpretations designed to deliberately suggest things that the Bible does not teach...many of which your own denomination also rejects.

• Haha

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You should listen sometimes, it will help you to know what others are truly saying. One more time. I'm good with discussing the Bible. That's what I'm here for. But I have standards for discussion, and I'm not interested in being your topic. Now you can go on and on until the cows come home that I'm some kind of snowflake or something, if you really feel the need to fool yourself, or try to save your face to others.

Life's too short for this nonsense, and there are others who don't act this way. So I'm more interested in discussing things with them, in a direct and mature way.

Sorry it's not working out!

Much love!
Sounds like an emotional break-up Marks.

• Love

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I must be having a senior moment here, because try as I may I cannot distill a "Bible principle" -- on any reasonable definition of that phrase -- from what you've posted. Would you mind just stating in a sentence the "Bible principle" you are espousing as proven by your quotes?
Red, you either have ears to hear, or you don't.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are ‘all those spots’ in the NT?
Where the OT is quoted. The biggest misleading deception by the removal of Gods name is found at Joel 2:21-22--All who call on the name of YHVH(Jehovah) will be saved---quoted 2 x in NT-Acts 2:21, Romans 10:13-- The name YHVH(Jehovah) belongs at both spots. But the altered versions to mislead has LORD at Joel, thus has lord at both NT spots and since 1 Cor 8:6 says Jesus is lord, the mislead will call on his name because they lack truth and cannot accomplish this ultra important truth-John4:22-24--those will lose. Only false religions use the altered translations in support of satans will over Gods will who inspired his name in all of the over 7000 spots because he wants it there. It is his will for his name to be in his bible in every one of those spots. Wicked men removed it in fear of taking Gods name in vain. Only the wicked fear taking Gods name in vain, the righteous run to it as a strong tower and share it just like Jesus did-John 17:6,26)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't disagree with that!
so now the question is , how does one truly KNOW they do have eyes to see and ears to hear .
Before answering outright and quickly , lets consider this my friend
many false religoins believe as do a child that they HEAR FROM GOD .
many false prophets believe they hear and see the things of GOD .
SO how does one truly know what they hear cometh of GOD .
Oh its real simple .
but again before you answer consider this
MANY with even christendom believe they are hearing of the HOLY SPIRIT
they too believe they are believing in JESUS THE CHRIST .
and yet its another jesus and another spirit they are heeding .
IT will contradict something .
and the something it do contradict shows it is NOT OF GOD , NOT OF CHRIST , NOT OF HIS SPIRIT .
now i want you to answer it , BEFORE I give the simple answer . Pray hard and feverent
for the answer is very simple indeed .

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it sure wasn't King James.

What makes a translation legitimate?
Those that follow historical Christianity like the Trinity, Salvation by Grace, etc.,
Those like the one by Joseph Smith and Watchtower and the Way International deny who Jesus really is.