A quick look at Daniel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Will the world just stagger on like it is now for another 25 years?
I and many others who know the Prophetic Word and see the signs, know that the dramatic world changer of the Lords Day of fiery wrath is imminent.

Yes the world will stagger on like it is now, for the next 25 years.

How do I know this? Because Christ told us when the end of this present world age will occur and the Millennium Age will begin. Too many people have not been able to discern the meaning of Christ's words concerning when the end of this age will occur.

The time of the judgement of the kings of the world will occur around 40 or so years after the signs and wonders were performed to begin drawing the kings of the earth to Armageddon, 2,300 years after the Gentiles began trampling God's Sanctuary and His earthly Hosts.

I would suggest that you get your facts straight before you go and blow your own trumpet about your so called wisdom.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I would suggest that you get your facts straight before you go and blow your own trumpet about your so called wisdom.
I demand that you prove your ideas with scripture.
Jesus said He would work for two 'days' and on the third 'day', attain His reward. Luke 13:32
As He is in heaven now, a day to Him is the same as 1000 earth years. Psalms 90:4 & 2 Peter 3:8 We have just 10 years of this age left.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I demand that you prove your ideas with scripture.
Jesus said He would work for two 'days' and on the third 'day', attain His reward. Luke 13:32
As He is in heaven now, a day to Him is the same as 1000 earth years. Psalms 90:4 & 2 Peter 3:8 We have just 10 years of this age left.

You can demand, but if I go to the Hebrew scriptures, which you claim you do not understand, then how will you know if what I paraphrase in English of the Hebrew Text is either right or wrong?

You demand and ignore what I have previously posted on the basis that you believe that the English translations are infallible, because you have used the argument that if all of the Traditions of the various translations basically say nearly the same thing, then the English Translations must be right and whatever I believe the Hebrew context that I have discerned states, must be wrong.

Would you study the Hebrew Text and the context of those scriptures because I demanded you to prove that your ideas are right?

Your timeline put's Adam's creation around the year ??5700?? BC, from my memory of what you posted previously, whereas from my study of the OT Genealogy would place Adam's creation around the year 4100 BC. I have been able to calculate the beginning form the end and found confirmation from other scriptural proofs within the Story telling accuracy that have confirmed my calculations.

The Hebrew word that is often translated as forever, actually has the meaning of a period of time where the vanishing point of time is just out of sight and difficult to comprehend.

God's Promise of giving Abraham's descendants the Promised Land, was for a finite period of time that was around 1400 or so years long. Because of Abraham's descendants continual idolatrous worship during the first two ages of Israel's existence, God said that He would scatter them all over the earth during the next two Ages after which He would again hear their cries and gather them to Himself. That does not necessarily mean that He will Gather them to the Land of Canaan. What I have been suggesting in what I write and post, is that Israel will be redeemed after God judges the kings of the earth and their armies and imprisons them in the Abyss and that they will minister as Priests for God wherever they reside scattered all over the earth.

This is still a future event, and as I have been suggesting it will occur around 96 or so years after the Fig Tree has budded leaves once more.

But you read right past what Jesus taught and make up some other theological theory that you can understanding for the verses around Christ's teaching on when the Age will end and the Harvest se3ason will begin.

I am happy for the unfolding End Time Prophecies to occur to confirm what I have just posted.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You can demand, but if I go to the Hebrew scriptures, which you claim you do not understand, then how will you know if what I paraphrase in English of the Hebrew Text is either right or wrong?

You demand and ignore what I have previously posted on the basis that you believe that the English translations are infallible, because you have used the argument that if all of the Traditions of the various translations basically say nearly the same thing, then the English Translations must be right and whatever I believe the Hebrew context that I have discerned states, must be wrong.

Would you study the Hebrew Text and the context of those scriptures because I demanded you to prove that your ideas are right?

Your timeline put's Adam's creation around the year ??5700?? BC, from my memory of what you posted previously, whereas from my study of the OT Genealogy would place Adam's creation around the year 4100 BC. I have been able to calculate the beginning form the end and found confirmation from other scriptural proofs within the Story telling accuracy that have confirmed my calculations.

The Hebrew word that is often translated as forever, actually has the meaning of a period of time where the vanishing point of time is just out of sight and difficult to comprehend.

God's Promise of giving Abraham's descendants the Promised Land, was for a finite period of time that was around 1400 or so years long. Because of Abraham's descendants continual idolatrous worship during the first two ages of Israel's existence, God said that He would scatter them all over the earth during the next two Ages after which He would again hear their cries and gather them to Himself. That does not necessarily mean that He will Gather them to the Land of Canaan. What I have been suggesting in what I write and post, is that Israel will be redeemed after God judges the kings of the earth and their armies and imprisons them in the Abyss and that they will minister as Priests for God wherever they reside scattered all over the earth.

This is still a future event, and as I have been suggesting it will occur around 96 or so years after the Fig Tree has budded leaves once more.

But you read right past what Jesus taught and make up some other theological theory that you can understanding for the verses around Christ's teaching on when the Age will end and the Harvest se3ason will begin.

I am happy for the unfolding End Time Prophecies to occur to confirm what I have just posted.
A rather confused and rambling post. You have a bad memory; The Bible time periods given show Adam was Created in 3970.5 BC.
I too am happy for the end time prophesies to take place as Written.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A rather confused and rambling post. You have a bad memory; The Bible time periods given show Adam was Created in 3970.5 BC.
I too am happy for the end time prophesies to take place as Written.

Oh another put down on your part by claiming that I posted a rather confused rambling post. I did say that I was going from memory, what I should have indicated was that around ??3,700?? BC, but the point was made that your timeline is in error.

You may be happy for the ET prophesies to take place as written, but your understanding of when they will occur is confused by your assumed understandings of what will happen when.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You may be happy for the ET prophesies to take place as written, but your understanding of when they will occur is confused by your assumed understandings of what will happen when.
I did a sequence of events after much intensive study of the Prophetic Word, over 10 years ago. I have never changed it and am confident of its correct and logical sequence of all that must happen from now until Eternity.
The 7000 year timeline gives the year of Adams creation as 3970.5 BC, by subtracting the times given in the Bible , from the known date of the Babylonian conquest of Judah. 586 BC Why do you question this?

Questioning the translators, just leads to confusion and being never able to sort out the prophesies.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Questioning the translators, just leads to confusion and being never able to sort out the prophesies.

Now since you are saying that questioning the translators just leads to confusion, then what you are saying is that you have blindly accepted that the translations have no errors in them without proof that this assumption is at all valid.

The translators argued a lot about their respective perspectives and opinions of how the Hebrew and Greek texts should be translated and decided by a vote of the committee members as to the wording or context that should be used. Was the Hebrew or Geek texts metaphorical, poetical or literal and has these variances been conveyed accurately when translated.

I have been consistently arguing with you that the English Translations are giving you a wrong understanding of the Prophecies that the Prophets have conveyed and recorded, over the centuries.

Let me give you some examples. When God tells us in His Prophecies that "He will teach the descendants of Abraham about the mountain of Israel, {i.e. Christ}," in the later days, the Translators have written this as, "He will teach the descendants of Abraham on the mountains of Israel."

When God tells us in His prophecies that "He will plant the descendants of Abraham in the soil of Israel, {i.e. Christ}, in the later days, the translators have written this as, "He will plant the descendants of Abraham in the land of Israel."

The conveyed message in both examples are very different and paint a very different picture from each other.

The translators have focused on the possession and occupation of the land of Canaan as defined in Genesis 15:17-21, whereas I am suggesting that God's prophecies are all about the redemption of Israel and the teaching of them about the Things of Heaven so that they can become a Kingdom of Priests that God can use to bless all of the people of the earth during the Millennium Age. As Jeremiah, the prophet, tells us in Jeremiah 31:31ff, God intends to make like new again the Covenant he had entered into with the Descendants of Abraham at Mt Sinai to become a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy nation and His Possession among the nations which the people rebelled against and had Aaron make them to Idols of calves to worship instead during the period of 40 days that Moses was up on the mountain with God.

Your "teaching" is one of possession and occupation of the Land of Canaan in the End Times and that God's Saints will survive if they go to the "Promised Land" in the End times to avoid God's day of wrath. A teaching of escapism and trying to save ones life, and as Christ warned us, if we try to save our lives during the End Times that we will lose it instead.

On the other hand what I am suggesting is that during the End Times God focus is on the salvation of the nations and the drawing of people to Himself so that they can believe on and in Him for their Salvation no matter what may happen to them during the times of Great Tribulations that are to come.

That is where our differences lies. I have done my due diligence when I have studied God's sacred scriptures, to arrive at my understanding. You on the other hand have not done any due diligence concerning the various English Translations to arrive at your conclusions.

Perhaps it is you who should go back to study the Word of God to prove to yourself God's truth in His Prophecies.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is where are differences lies. I have done my due diligence when I have studied God's sacred scriptures, to arrive at my understanding. You on the other hand have not done any due diligence concerning the various English Translations to arrive at your conclusions.

Perhaps it is you who should go back to study the Word of God to prove to yourself God's truth in His Prophecies.
False accusation!
My brother is a Bible translator with Wickliffe, he understands Hebrew and Greek. I often discuss the prophesies with him.
I reject your assertion that we cannot trust out English Bibles. Basically that would leave us in the dark. But we Christians are not in the dark, we are children of the Light ....1 Thess 5:1-10

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A4E reigned over Jerusalem/Judea for exactly 1150 days - 2300 evenings and mornings; from 167 to 163 BC. All as detailed in 2 Maccabees.
I agree! If one would do a serious study of Daniel (KJV only), in conjunction with 1&2 Maccabees, they would discover that 99% of Daniel has been fulfilled.
But, before that can be take place in ones understanding, the truth of the 70 weeks must first be resolved, as to who the "he"
is , that is being referenced in
Daniel 9:26-27. There are only two conclusions: it is either Jesus or Titus of Rome. Our clue for the correct answer, is found in John 5:39.
When you finally discover who "he" is in those verses in Daniel, it will divorce you from the "comic book" interpretations, that most all of church-ianity has been feeding the sheep!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
False accusation!
My brother is a Bible translator with Wickliffe, he understands Hebrew and Greek. I often discuss the prophesies with him.
I reject your assertion that we cannot trust out English Bibles. Basically that would leave us in the dark. But we Christians are not in the dark, we are children of the Light ....1 Thess 5:1-10

Yes, that is true, but we are also told that the Biblical Prophecies are sealed up until the times of the end. Jesus also said that the blind will be leading the blind until both fall, and if they fall, what do the fall into? Is it the pit? (Matt 15:14)

You are denying my accusation of not doing any due diligence in your study of the scriptures, by telling me that you have spoken often with your brother who is a Wickliffe Bible Translator about the prophecies and that he understands Hebrew and Greek. But how do you know if his understanding of the Hebrew and Greek text is right, since you yourself have not done anything to validate, i.e. your due diligence, on what he has told you?

Even though Satan has been able to inject lies into the translations of the original Hebrew and Greek texts, they still give people a window into how a person can establish a meaningful relationship with God.

When I have spoken with Nepali Pastors about their Translation of the Bible, they acknowledge that there are over 200 errors within that translation, but it is the best means that they have for understanding God and establishing a meaningful relationship with God.

It seems to me that you are clutching at straws still, to justify your fanciful theories about what is to happen in the End Times.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
we are also told that the Biblical Prophecies are sealed up until the times of the end.
Daniel 12:10 say that a few wise people will understand.
Also; AFTER the Lords terrible Day of fiery wrath, THEN people will understand Gods plans; Isaiah 29:23-24, Isaiah 32:3-4
It seems to me that you are clutching at straws still, to justify your fanciful theories about what is to happen in the End Times.
It seems to me that you are terrified that you might have to face the dramatic things, the Prophesies plainly state.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Daniel 9:26-27. There are only two conclusions: it is either Jesus or Titus of Rome. Our clue for the correct answer, is found in John 5:39.
The anointed Prince is Jesus, but the prince who makes the peace treaty with the many, is the soon to be Leader of a One World Government. It is him that Paul refers to in 2 Thessalonians 2:4.

Re John 5:39, Not everything in the Bible directly refers to Jesus!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It seems to me that you are terrified that you might have to face the dramatic things, the Prophesies plainly state.

Really, is that the best that you can do in trying to deny the truth of what I have written.

I have no concerns. I am secure in my relationship with God. Should I fear death? Is it any of my business if God should chose for me to die to demonstrate His Glory. The answer is NO.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Really, is that the best that you can do in trying to deny the truth of what I have written. .
It would be good for you to actually post some scriptural truths.
Better than saying how errant the Nepali Bible is.

For example; Who are 'the many', that the 'prince' will make a treaty with? Daniel 9:27

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It would be good for you to actually post some scriptural truths.
Better than saying how errant the Nepali Bible is.

For example; Who are 'the many', that the 'prince' will make a treaty with? Daniel 9:27

Since you will not accept the scriptural truths that I have already posted, there is no point in continuing this conversation.

PS: - If you begin to post scriptural truths, then I may consider whether or not any further conversation with you will be worthwhile.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The anointed Prince is Jesus, but the prince who makes the peace treaty with the many, is the soon to be Leader of a One World Government. It is him that Paul refers to in 2 Thessalonians 2:4.

Re John 5:39, Not everything in the Bible directly refers to Jesus!
Hmmm,... not so fast. If you are studying by the Lord's Spirit, then let the Lord "guide you", and not the religion of the day.

In Dan. 9:24-27, verse *24 is all about Jesus and what was *determined by God, of what was to be done.
[24] Seventy weeks are *determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,
* to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and
* to make reconciliation for iniquity, and
* to bring in everlasting righteousness, and * to seal up the vision and prophecy, and
* to anoint the most Holy.

[26] And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince [Titus] that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are *determined.
[27] And he [Jesus] shall confirm the [New] covenant with many [converts] for one week [40 years-book of Acts]: and in the midst of the week he [Jesus, by His sacrifice] shall cause the [temple] sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he [Jesus] shall make it [the temple] desolate, even until the consummation, and that
*determined shall be poured upon the desolate *[God's salvation].

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dan 2. ... the beginning of a string of 4 successive empires ....

Daniel's number is FIVE:

Dan. 2:41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom ...
Dan. 2:45 ... the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold ...
= 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE

As the saying goes: Ignorance can be cured, but stupidity is forever. Unfortunately, most people prefer their stupidity, otherwise they'd look around and find that we are in a "Divided Kingdom" as shared by THREE SUPERPOWERS and a UNITED NATIONS.

If it were only as simple as being IGNORANT ...
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will the world just stagger on like it is now for another 25 years?
I and many others who know the Prophetic Word and see the signs, know that the dramatic world changer of the Lords Day of fiery wrath is imminent.

"Imminent", as in PRESENT. Just look at the news where people are trying to flee their cities:

Rev. 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
“‘Come out of her, my people,’
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

... yet the ignorant assert some distant future event, -- just as the false prophets spoke in contradiction to Jeremiah.

And of course "PRESENT" as -- Over Half Way Through The Tribulation --, with some 27 months through and some 15 months to go.
Bobby Jo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
... and these are?

... and these match the Daniel 7 Beasts?​

More JW balderdash.
Bobby Jo

Bobby, I thought that you had put me on your ignore list, but it seems you have not since you have addressed what I had previously posted with more wild balderdashing claims as to the source of my understanding. Perhaps if you spent some time in reading and meditating on the Bible you would obtain that which you are looking for, but it seems that you are just like Keraz with your wild theories.

Shalom