A serious questions for the Jehovah's Witnesses on these threads.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 7
Easy-to-Read Version
The Priest Melchizedek
7 Melchizedek was the king of Salem and a priest for God the Most High. He met Abraham when Abraham was coming back after defeating the kings. That day Melchizedek blessed him. 2 Then Abraham gave him a tenth of everything he had.

The name Melchizedek, king of Salem, has two meanings. First, Melchizedek means “king of justice.” And “king of Salem” means “king of peace.” 3 No one knows who his father or mother was or where he came from.[a] And no one knows when he was born or when he died. Melchizedek is like the Son of God in that he will always be a priest.

4 You can see that Melchizedek was very great. Abraham, our great ancestor, gave him a tenth of everything he won in battle. 5 Now the law says that those from the tribe of Levi who become priests must get a tenth from their own people, even though they and their people are both from the family of Abraham. 6 Melchizedek was not even from the tribe of Levi, but Abraham gave him a tenth of what he had. And Melchizedek blessed Abraham—the one who had God’s promises. 7 And everyone knows that the more important person always blesses the less important person.

8 Those priests get a tenth, but they are only men who live and then die. But Melchizedek, who got a tenth from Abraham, continues to live, as the Scriptures say. 9 Now those from the family of Levi are the ones who get a tenth from the people. But we can say that when Abraham paid Melchizedek a tenth, then Levi also paid it. 10 Levi was not yet born, but he already existed in his ancestor Abraham when Melchizedek met him.

11 The people were given the law under the system of priests from the tribe of Levi. But no one could be made spiritually perfect through that system of priests. So there was a need for another priest to come. I mean a priest like Melchizedek, not Aaron. 12 And when a different kind of priest comes, then the law must be changed too. 13-14 We are talking about our Lord Christ, who belonged to a different tribe. No one from that tribe ever served as a priest at the altar. It is clear that Christ came from the tribe of Judah. And Moses said nothing about priests belonging to that tribe.

Jesus Is a Priest Like Melchizedek
15 And these things become even clearer when we see that another priest has come who is like Melchizedek. 16 He was made a priest, but not because he met the requirement of being born into the right family. He became a priest by the power of a life that will never end. 17 This is what the Scriptures say about him: “You are a priest forever—the kind of priest Melchizedek was.”

18 The old rule is now ended because it was weak and worthless. 19 The Law of Moses could not make anything perfect. But now a better hope has been given to us. And with that hope we can come near to God.

20 Also, it is important that God made a promise with an oath when he made Jesus high priest. When those other men became priests, there was no oath. 21 But Christ became a priest with God’s oath. God said to him,

“The Lord has made a promise with an oath
and will not change his mind:
‘You are a priest forever.’”

22 So this means that Jesus is the guarantee of a better agreement from God to his people.

23 Also, when one of those other priests died, he could not continue being a priest. So there were many of those priests. 24 But Jesus lives forever. He will never stop serving as a priest. 25 So Christ can save those who come to God through him. Christ can do this forever, because he always lives and is ready to help people when they come before God.

26 So Jesus is the kind of high priest we need. He is holy. He has no sin in him. He is pure and not influenced by sinners. And he is raised above the heavens. 27 He is not like those other priests. They had to offer sacrifices every day, first for their own sins, and then for the sins of the people. But Jesus doesn’t need to do that. He offered only one sacrifice for all time. He offered himself. 28 The law chooses high priests who are men and have the same weaknesses that all people have. But after the law, God spoke the oath that made his Son high priest. And that Son, made perfect through suffering, will serve forever.

Footnotes
Hebrews 7:3 No one … came from Literally, “Melchizedek was without father, without mother, without genealogy.”
Hebrews 7:17 Quote from Ps. 110:4.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 5
Easy-to-Read Version
5 Every Jewish high priest is chosen from among men. That priest is given the work of helping people with the things they must do for God. He must offer to God gifts and sacrifices for sins. 2 The high priest has his own weaknesses. So he is able to be gentle with those who do wrong out of ignorance. 3 He offers sacrifices for their sins, but he must also offer sacrifices for his own sins.

4 To be a high priest is an honor. But no one chooses himself for this work. That person must be chosen by God just as Aaron was. 5 It is the same with Christ. He did not choose himself to have the honor of becoming a high priest. But God chose him. God said to him,

“You are my Son.
Today I have become your Father.”

6 And in another part of the Scriptures God says,

“You are a priest forever—
the kind of priest Melchizedek was.”

7 While Jesus lived on earth he prayed to God, asking for help from the one who could save him from death. He prayed to God with loud cries and tears. And his prayers were answered because of his great respect for God. 8 Jesus was the Son of God, but he still suffered, and through his sufferings he learned to obey whatever God says. 9 This made him the perfect high priest, who provides the way for everyone who obeys him to be saved forever. 10 God made him high priest, just like Melchizedek.

Warning Against Falling Away
11 We have many things to tell you about this. But it is hard to explain because you have stopped trying to understand. 12 You have had enough time that by now you should be teachers. But you need someone to teach you again the first lessons of God’s teaching. You still need the teaching that is like milk. You are not ready for solid food. 13 Anyone who lives on milk is still a baby and is not able to understand much about living right. 14 But solid food is for people who have grown up. From their experience they have learned to see the difference between good and evil.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 6
Easy-to-Read Version
6 So we should be finished with the beginning lessons about Christ. We should not have to keep going back to where we started. We began our new life by turning away from the evil we did in the past and by believing in God. That’s when we were taught about baptisms,[a] laying hands on people, the resurrection of those who have died, and the final judgment. Now we need to go forward to more mature teaching. 3 And that’s what we will do if God allows.

4-6 After people have left the way of Christ, can you make them change their lives again? I am talking about people who once learned the truth, received God’s gift, and shared in the Holy Spirit. They were blessed to hear God’s good message and see the great power of his new world. But then they left it all behind, and it is not possible to make them change again. That’s because those who leave Christ are nailing him to the cross again, shaming him before everyone.

7 Some people are like land that gets plenty of rain and produces a good crop for those who farm it. That kind of land has God’s blessing. 8 But other people are like land that grows only thorns and weeds. It is worthless and in danger of being cursed by God. It will be destroyed by fire.

9 Dear friends, I am not saying this because I think it is happening to you. We really expect that you will do better—that you will do the good things that will result in your salvation. 10 God is fair, and he will remember all the work you have done. He will remember that you showed your love to him by helping his people and that you continue to help them. 11 We want each of you to be willing and eager to show your love like that the rest of your life. Then you will be sure to get what you hope for. 12 We don’t want you to be lazy. We want you to be like those who, because of their faith and patience, will get what God has promised.

13 God made a promise to Abraham. And there is no one greater than God, so he made the promise with an oath in his own name—an oath that he would do what he promised. 14 He said, “I will surely bless you. I will give you many descendants.”[c] 15 Abraham waited patiently for this to happen, and later he received what God promised.

16 People always use the name of someone greater than themselves to make a promise with an oath. The oath proves that what they say is true, and there is no more arguing about it. 17 God wanted to prove that his promise was true. He wanted to prove this to those who would get what he promised. He wanted them to understand clearly that his purposes never change. So God said something would happen, and he proved what he said by adding an oath. 18 These two things cannot change: God cannot lie when he says something, and he cannot lie when he makes an oath.

So these two things are a great help to us who have come to God for safety. They encourage us to hold on to the hope that is ours. 19 This hope is like an anchor for us. It is strong and sure and keeps us safe. It goes behind the curtain.[d] 20 Jesus has already entered there and opened the way for us. He has become the high priest forever, just like Melchizedek.

Footnotes
Hebrews 6:1 baptisms The word here may mean the baptism (brief ‘burial’ in water) of believers in Christ, or it may mean Jewish ceremonial washings.
Hebrews 6:1 laying hands on people This act was a way of asking God to bless people in a special way—to heal them, to cause the Holy Spirit to come into them, or to give them power for a special work.
Hebrews 6:14 Quote from Gen. 22:17.
Hebrews 6:19 curtain The spiritual curtain in the heavenly temple, which was symbolized by the physical one that separated the inner sanctuary (and God’s presence) from the other room in the Holy Tent and in the Jerusalem Temple. See “curtain” in the Word List. Also in 10:20.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. Genesis 14:18

Melchizedek

Melchizedek, the king of Salem and a priest of God Most High, also went to meet Abram. He brought bread and wine.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Genesis 14:20
    And we praise God Most High, who helped you defeat your enemies.” Abram gave Melchizedekone-tenth of everything he had taken during the battle.
  3. Psalm 110:4
    The Lord has made a promise with an oath and will not change his mind: “You are a priest forever— the kind of priest Melchizedekwas.”

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Psalm 110

Easy-to-Read Version

A praise song of David.​

110 The Lord said to my lord,[a]
“Sit at my right side, while I put your enemies under your control.”
2 The Lord will cause your kingdom to grow, beginning at Zion,
until you rule the lands of your enemies!
3 Your people will gladly join you
when you gather your army together.
You will wear your special clothes
and meet together early in the morning.
Your young men will be all around you
like dew on the ground.[b]
4 The Lord has made a promise with an oath
and will not change his mind:
5 My Lord is at your right side.
He will defeat the other kings when he becomes angry.
6 He will judge the nations.
The ground will be covered with dead bodies.
He will punish the leaders of powerful nations all around the world.
7 The king will drink from a stream on the way.
Then he will lift his head and become strong![c]

Footnotes​

1. Psalm 110:1 my lord That is, the king.
  2. Psalm 110:3 The Hebrew text here is hard to understand. Literally, “Your people will be freewill offerings on your day of power. In holy splendor from the womb of dawn your dew of youth will be yours.”
  3. Psalm 110:7 lift his head and become strong Literally, “lift his head.” Here, the poet probably means two things: “he will raise his head after drinking the water,” and “he will become strong or important.”

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 2:12
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

In many and various ways God spoke of old to our fathers by the prophets; but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He reflects the glory of God and bears the very stamp of his nature, upholding the universe by his word of power. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Hebrews 1:1–3

John 1:1-4: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life.”
Jesus is the “Ego eimi”
In John’s Gospel, Jesus tells his disciples: “I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am he” (13:19). The phrase “I am he” is translated from the Greek ego eimi. The phrase occurs 24 times in John’s Gospel. At least seven of these are said to be “absolute,” in that they are not followed by a predicate, such as in John 6:35, “I am the bread of life.” In the seven absolute cases, no predicate follows, and the “I AM” phrase comes at the end of the clause. This indicates that Jesus is using this phrase as a name to identify who he is. The seven places are John 8:24, 28, 58; 13:19; 18:5, 6 and 8.

If we go back to Isaiah 41:4, 43:10 and 46:4, we can see the background for Jesus’ reference to himself in John’s Gospel as ego eimi (“I AM”). In Isaiah 41:4, God or Yahweh says: “I, the Lord…I am he.” In Isaiah 43:10 he says “I am he,” and later says, “‘You are my witnesses,’ declares the Lord, ‘that I am God’” (verse 12). In 46:4, God (Yahweh) again refers to himself as “I am he.”
See the words--Through him--means another did all the creating=his God and Father.
John 1:1 is not worded like that in Greek-- A trinity bible scholar-A.T.Robertson who thought worship was correct for Jesus says-- When Ton Theon and Theon are in the same paragraph( John 1:1-2Cor 4:4) Ton Theon= God-Theon = god. He is correct on that matter. In error though giving worship to one who has a God like Jesus does.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 5
Easy-to-Read Version
5 Every Jewish high priest is chosen from among men. That priest is given the work of helping people with the things they must do for God. He must offer to God gifts and sacrifices for sins. 2 The high priest has his own weaknesses. So he is able to be gentle with those who do wrong out of ignorance. 3 He offers sacrifices for their sins, but he must also offer sacrifices for his own sins.

4 To be a high priest is an honor. But no one chooses himself for this work. That person must be chosen by God just as Aaron was. 5 It is the same with Christ. He did not choose himself to have the honor of becoming a high priest. But God chose him. God said to him,

“You are my Son.
Today I have become your Father.”

6 And in another part of the Scriptures God says,

7 While Jesus lived on earth he prayed to God, asking for help from the one who could save him from death. He prayed to God with loud cries and tears. And his prayers were answered because of his great respect for God. 8 Jesus was the Son of God, but he still suffered, and through his sufferings he learned to obey whatever God says. 9 This made him the perfect high priest, who provides the way for everyone who obeys him to be saved forever. 10 God made him high priest, just like Melchizedek.

Warning Against Falling Away
11 We have many things to tell you about this. But it is hard to explain because you have stopped trying to understand. 12 You have had enough time that by now you should be teachers. But you need someone to teach you again the first lessons of God’s teaching. You still need the teaching that is like milk. You are not ready for solid food. 13 Anyone who lives on milk is still a baby and is not able to understand much about living right. 14 But solid food is for people who have grown up. From their experience they have learned to see the difference between good and evil.
Jesus answers all with truth-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Why wont you believe him? The answer is-trinity translations are altered by satans will and filled with translating errors that contradict Jesus.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How sadly mistaken you are. Jesus heads our congregations. You should study Jesus, in every translation on earth his teachings back the JW teachers. 0 doubt about that. Jehovah loves you.
Notice how Keiw avoids Scripture like plague, even the JW bible that says Jesus is God and Hell fire is everlasting!

Reactions: The Learner

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Sonship of Jesus, attested to throughout the NT including personal declarations, is the greatest evidence there is to His full divinity. One need not be distracted by theological debate over the trinity, a doctrine which entertains numerous versions and none of which can be proven scripturally.

Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. Not created as were men and angels, not adopted as are the redeemed from the fallen race, but begotten in the express image of His Father. Brought forth from the Father back in eternity, of the same divine substance of the Father, having the same immortal self existing life of the Father, having equal power as His Father, in fact equal to the Father in all things, except in rank. To suggest that the true offspring of a perfect God is less than perfect and cannot be called God, is blasphemy and Antichrist, denying the Father and the Son.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. Not created as were men and angels, not adopted as are the redeemed from the fallen race, but begotten in the express image of His Father.
In order to be "begotten" one needs a 'begetter' who existed before him, otherwise the Father and son relationship is nonsensical.
Paul says that Jesus was the "firstborn of ALL creation" (Col 1:16), which make him part of that creation. Jesus himself said in Revelation 3:14 that he is the "beginning of God's creation"....and he should know. Why can't Jesus be a creation of his Father? Who said he isn't?
Brought forth from the Father back in eternity, of the same divine substance of the Father, having the same immortal self existing life of the Father, having equal power as His Father, in fact equal to the Father in all things, except in rank.
This too is not supported by scripture.
For one, if he was immortal, he could not die.....and if Jesus did not die the same death as Adam, then we are all still without hope. The ransom was not paid and we are not saved.

There is no equality of Father and son ever mentioned in the Bible. In fact Jesus grew up as just Jesus 'the carpenter's son'.....no displays of supernatural power, until after his baptism when he received the holy spirit. His own siblings did not put faith in him until after his death and resurrection......he was just their older brother with whom they had grown up.
To suggest that the true offspring of a perfect God is less than perfect and cannot be called God, is blasphemy and Antichrist, denying the Father and the Son.
I can't see anyone suggesting that at all....Jesus was sinless, which made him "perfect" in the Biblical sense of the word....like Adam was when he was created. He was without the defects of sin, but free willed....Jesus had to be Adam's equivalent in order to pay the redemption price for the whole human race.....'a sinless life for a sinless life'....so he had to be 100% human to do that.

It is not blasphemy to call Jesus what he called himself....."the son of God"...this is not denying either the Father or the son, but telling the truth about their relationship.
It is they who call themselves "Father" and "son".....a familial relationship that humans easily understand.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The WTS JW's tried to edit out the Deity of Jesus and the everlasting fire but the doctrines are still in their own NWT bible BIG TIME!

From the JW bible:

NWT
Col 1

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all other things, and by means of him all other things were made to exist,

John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God"!

Jesus is God the Creator!

Last edited:
  • Love

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In order to be "begotten" one needs a 'begetter' who existed before him, otherwise the Father and son relationship is nonsensical.
Exactly my point. The Father and Son cannot be of the same 'age'.... If in eternity one can measure age. But Jesus was begotten, which means He came into existence later, but of eternal substance. See John 8:42; 16:28; Like cutting a rock out of a mountain. The Rock is new, but consists of an eternal nature. Such is the Son of God, which is why He is God.
Paul says that Jesus was the "firstborn of ALL creation" (Col 1:16), which make him part of that creation.
Only if you want to see it that way. You have to ignore other scriptures in order to do so. Such as
KJV John 1:3, 10
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
And to continue your quote...
KJV Colossians 1:15-17
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

KJV Hebrews 1:2-3
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Think about the power of this being, who by His word hold all existence together. This is no created angel.
Who said he isn't?
Jesus Himself, when He declared Himself as begotten. John 3:16.
For one, if he was immortal, he could not die.
The Father could not die. The life of the Son was a gift which He could lay down. He truly became a fully human being, laying aside His divine nature, covering it in humanity and thus able to die. And the death He died was the second death. A death without hope such as we will when we stand before the Judge of the universe if we are not covered by the blood of the Lamb.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly my point. The Father and Son cannot be of the same 'age'.... If in eternity one can measure age. But Jesus was begotten, which means He came into existence later, but of eternal substance. See John 8:42; 16:28; Like cutting a rock out of a mountain. The Rock is new, but consists of an eternal nature. Such is the Son of God, which is why He is God.

Only if you want to see it that way. You have to ignore other scriptures in order to do so. Such as
KJV John 1:3, 10
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
And to continue your quote...
KJV Colossians 1:15-17
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

KJV Hebrews 1:2-3
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.

Think about the power of this being, who by His word hold all existence together. This is no created angel.

Jesus Himself, when He declared Himself as begotten. John 3:16.

The Father could not die. The life of the Son was a gift which He could lay down. He truly became a fully human being, laying aside His divine nature, covering it in humanity and thus able to die. And the death He died was the second death. A death without hope such as we will when we stand before the Judge of the universe if we are not covered by the blood of the Lamb.
ONLY Jehovah/God/Jesus are called "Mighty God" and "the first and the last" in the Bible. Why did Jesus' own disciple call Jesus God? They are the same being. Why do JW's avoid FACTS like plague?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So. Jesus, being affirmed as the Son of the living God, sent from heaven to become a man in order to die, must be a divine Son. There can be no other options available. God is divine. His Son must also be divine. Like Father like Son. The express image of His Father means exactly that. God's offspring can only be God. What else can Jesus possibly be? Like begets like. It's a law of nature firmly and irrevocably established by the Creator and repeated throughout nature in every living species. Without exception. The Son is God begotten. Same nature, different personality. But still God, in every sense of the word. Same as the Father in all things except one. Rank.
I repeated the above because no-one has actually addressed it adequately and offered as alternative argument. Either I am correct in the above assertions, or I am wrong. No-one has shown me where I am wrong.
Who are you and whose son are you? Is your father your begetter? Did he have to exist before you in
Exactly my point. The Father did indeed beget a Son, and that Son was revealed in all His Father's beauty and holiness and love through Calvary.
Just because the son is created by his Father, does not make him equal to him in any way. Adam is also called a “son of God”. (Luke 3:38)
He was begotten. Not created. Begotten does not mean created in any sense of the word. Begotten in scripture means brought forth. We do not know how this took place, or when. But the relation of Father and Son is real, it is literal, it is familial in every sense, and cannot be denied without doing violence to other scriptures.
The son calls Jehovah his God even in heaven (Rev 3:12) Can God have a God?
…..and Jesus said that “the Father is greater than I am”..…not just in rank, but in all respects.
Though 2 beings, distinct in individuality and person, they are one in all else, perfectly united in methods, character, love and goodness, power, prescience, and night. Yet Christ did say Himself, "My Father is greater than I", sustaining the relation they do as the Father and only begotten Son, precedence must necessarily be conceded to the Father. This implies superiority in duration and rank.
Can God have a God? Obviously in this case, yes. Are your children human? Of course. Because like begets like. It's the Creator's very own law. He does not, cannot, circumvent laws that He put in place.
but he never once said that he was God. (Capital “G”)
Yes He did. When He claimed the authority and power to forgive transgression against the law of God, sin, He revealed precisely Who He was. Only someone equal to the law... The Lawgiver... Can forgive transgression against that law, and not only so, atone for that transgression.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KJV John 5:26
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Hard core trinitarians have difficulty explaining this, as do those who think the Son is not God begotten.
The life (including its eternal nature, it's power, it's authority, and everything else that pertains to divine life as it exists in the Father, was given to the Son, it's His inheritance, , thus the Son has the same quality and same enduring nature as the Father. Of that doesn't make Him God begotten, then what is He? How can God beget a being that isn't of His own nature and substance?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you have gotten to know JW's you find they are totally brainwashed at Kingdom Hall. They avoid Scripture and simple questions like plague. They use smokescreens to avoid answering simple questions. They don't even know that their own JW NWT bible clearly tells us that Jesus is God and Hell fire is everlasting! JW's are STRONG proof that Satan exists and HATES our Christian Bible. If you ask a JW a question get ready for smokescreen city!

• Love

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus answers all with truth-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Why wont you believe him? The answer is-trinity translations are altered by satans will and filled with translating errors that contradict Jesus.
But you can't even name them? lol

See how Kingdom Hall brainwashes JW's?

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did name them Jack-Every translation that exists that has Gods name removed in over 7000 places-a 10 year old can understand that but you cannot. WHY?
You didn't even name one! Do you know what happens to "all liars"?

Revelation 21
All liars
shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

• Love

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So. Jesus, being affirmed as the Son of the living God, sent from heaven to become a man in order to die, must be a divine Son. There can be no other options available. God is divine. His Son must also be divine. Like Father like Son. The express image of His Father means exactly that. God's offspring can only be God. What else can Jesus possibly be? Like begets like. It's a law of nature firmly and irrevocably established by the Creator and repeated throughout nature in every living species. Without exception. The Son is God begotten. Same nature, different personality. But still God, in every sense of the word. Same as the Father in all things except one. Rank.
I repeated the above because no-one has actually addressed it adequately and offered as alternative argument. Either I am correct in the above assertions, or I am wrong. No-one has shown me where I am wrong.
No one can argue that the son is not divine, but divinity doesn’t necessarily mean deity.
The Greek word for “god” is “theos” which can mean “a god or goddess or deity or divinity”….the only way that the Greeks had to identify the one nameless God of the Jews was with the definite article, so in calling Jesus “theos” without the definite article indicates a divine nature or divine authority such as was given to the judges in Israel….not that he was God.
Jehovah himself referred to them as “gods”, but no one can argue that they are God incarnate. (John 10:31-36)

When He claimed the authority and power to forgive transgression against the law of God, sin, He revealed precisely Who He was. Only someone equal to the law... The Lawgiver... Can forgive transgression against that law, and not only so, atone for that transgression.
That authority was given to him by his God and Father. (Matthew 28:18) If he was God, he would need nothing to be given him because he would already possess it.
KJV John 5:26
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Hard core trinitarians have difficulty explaining this, as do those who think the Son is not God begotten.
The life (including its eternal nature, it's power, it's authority, and everything else that pertains to divine life as it exists in the Father, was given to the Son, it's His inheritance,
You see, you said it…..he “inherited” all that was given to him….he did not possess it until it was given to him. I think you misunderstand the difference between deity and divinity…..there is only one God who begat a son. No one knows how long the son has been in existence because he was the first and only direct creation of his Father, making him unique among many “sons of God” because all creation was brought into existence through the agency of this “firstborn” son. (Col 1:15-17; John 1:2-3; Rev 3:14)

thus the Son has the same quality and same enduring nature as the Father. Of that doesn't make Him God begotten, then what is He? How can God beget a being that isn't of His own nature and substance?
He is and always has been a “servant” of his God and Father. (Acts 4:27) That does not diminish him in any way because that is the Jesus we read about in scripture…..the one who always promoted his Father’s worship, but did not accept worship for himself…..he did accept obeisance however, as the son of God, he was to be respected and given due honor, but never worship as if he was God….or even equal to him in any way. When rendered to a human “pro·sky·neʹo” means “obeisance”…...it is only “worship” when rendered to God.

Do you remember a time when in the British and Australian legal system, a judge was addressed as “Your Worship”? Americans say “Your Honor”….which means the same thing.

• Wow