A serious questions for the Jehovah's Witnesses on these threads.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the Watchtower:

"
Use Theocratic War Strategy

A WITNESS of Jehovah was going from house to house in Eastern Germany when she met a violent opposer. Knowing at once what to expect she changed her red blouse for a green one in the very next hallway. No sooner had she appeared on the street than a Communist officer asked her if she had seen a woman with a red blouse. No, she replied, and went on her way. Did she tell a lie? No, she did not. She was not a liar. Rather, she was using theocratic war strategy, hiding the truth by action and word for the sake of the ministry.

In this she had good Scriptural precedent. Did not Rahab hide the Israelite spies by both action and word? Did not Abraham, Isaac, David and others likewise hide the truth at times when faced with a hostile enemy? They certainly did, and never do we read a word of censure for their doing so. Rather, we read of their being termed exemplary servants of Jehovah. Their actions were in line with Jesus’ wise counsel: “Look! I am sending you forth as sheep amidst wolves; therefore prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves.”—Matt. 10:16, NW.a

Perhaps some will wonder as to where the line is to be drawn between use of theocratic war strategy in hiding the truth and the telling of lies. First of all, let it be noted that whenever one takes an oath to tell the truth he is obligated to do so. By dedicating himself to do God’s will each Christian has taken a vow or made an oath to do God’s will and to be faithful to him. To this oath he certainly must be true. Likewise, when a Christian is placed on a witness stand he is obligated to speak the truth if he speaks at all. At times he may prefer to refuse to speak and suffer the consequences rather than betray his brothers or the interests of God’s work. And, of course, there is no occasion for use of war strategy when dealing with our Christian brothers. In dealing with them we tell the truth or tactfully remind them that what they seek to know does not concern them.

Lies are untruths told for selfish reasons and which work injury to others. Satan told a lie to Eve that worked great harm to her and all the human race. Ananias and Sapphira told lies for selfish reasons. But hiding the truth, which he is not entitled to know, from an enemy does not harm him, especially when he would use such information to harm others who are innocent.

A great work is being done by the witnesses even in lands where their activity is banned. The only way they can fulfill the command to preach the good news of God’s kingdom is by use of theocratic war strategy. By underground methods the literature is brought into the country and distributed. Would it make sense to hide this literature by one’s actions and then reveal its whereabouts by one’s words when queried? Of course not! So in time of spiritual warfare it is proper to misdirect the enemy by hiding the truth. It is done unselfishly; it does not harm anyone; on the contrary, it does much good.

Today God’s servants are engaged in a warfare, a spiritual, theocratic warfare, a warfare ordered by God against wicked spirit forces and against false teachings. God’s servants are sent forth as sheep among wolves and therefore need to exercise the extreme caution of serpents so as to protect properly the interests of God’s kingdom committed to them. At all times they must be very careful not to divulge any information to the enemy that he could use to hamper the preaching work.

[Footnotes]

a For details see The Watchtower, February 1, 1956.
"

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make too much out of what most people consider trivial. I never thought giving someone a Christmas present was some kind of religious tradition. Many Churches celebrate resurrection day instead of Easter. With Halloween you may have a point. But I never considered holidays part of my religion
The simple fact is that these days mere imperfect humans say should be observed, that are not in scripture, people should not even be judging anyone for not observing these days that man has instituted. I don't think it's a trivial thing when imperfect humans are judging anyone wrong in any way or sense when someone doesn't observe these days that imperfect humans have instituted. because I think what Jesus Christ said about the day and way to remember him is more important than any day instituted by imperfect humans.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you can think all you want- but it does not change the Word of God! You automatically say people are worshipping evil if they put a Christmas tree in their house! that is phariseism.

Why do you call the days of the week who were named for false Gods? Why would a JW who is so puckered up about the externals revert back to the Jewish way and call them the first day, the second day etc. instead of honoring a false God on THORSDAY (Thursday) . that is rank hypocrisy for your inconsistency to follow your own rules, just like the pharisees.

Once again Romans 14:

Romans 14​

King James Version​

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

God judges the heart motive while you have adopted the Watchtower habit of judging by externals only. So sad.

1 Corinthians 10:25
Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

1 Corinthians 8​

King James Version​

8 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.
9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;

You have a weak conscience.
You can reason all you want, as I said God doesn't change. These days, Christmas and Easter are not in scripture to observe. They are rooted in false gods no matter what you believe that's not going to change. The scriptures also teach us that what belongs to demons should not be attached to the true God or scripture. That's not going to change because the True God doesn't change. The True God is about truth not part truth and part false. People relating days such as Christmas and Easter as though they're from God is a lie. They're just days that imperfect humans have instituted not days instituted by Jesus they're not anywhere in the scriptures.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 5:12, NLT: It isn't my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning.

Those who are celebrating Jesus are not sinning. Nor, do those in the church see holliween as celebrating paganism.
People who make themselves friends of this wicked world we're living in, will not think Halloween etc as being wrong or any other day that's rooted in demons since anything that's rooted in false gods is rooted in demons.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The simple fact is that these days mere imperfect humans say should be observed, that are not in scripture, people should not even be judging anyone for not observing these days that man has instituted. I don't think it's a trivial thing when imperfect humans are judging anyone wrong in any way or sense when someone doesn't observe these days that imperfect humans have instituted. because I think what Jesus Christ said about the day and way to remember him is more important than any day instituted by imperfect humans.
You put the cart before the horse. Nobody is saying you have to observe holidays. Some are saying you are wrong if you do.

Reactions: The Learner

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You put the cart before the horse. Nobody is saying you have to observe holidays. Some are saying you are wrong if you do.
Yeah right, people saying to others, they're wrong because they don't observe these days, isn't really happening, it's just in their heads. You convince yourself of that.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@The Learner there is so much in your tirade there to debunk...I don't know where to start.

It is obvious that you have a personal vendetta and I cannot determine where that comes from...only you know the reasons why you would post such things from JW hate sites. The net is full of them.....but not for the reasons that you imagine.

The letter to the German government was a declaration of their neutrality, in keeping with Jesus' words to be "no part of the world", hence the reason why they refused to print propaganda in our magazines for either side in WW2. They would have refused any nations propaganda because the war was political, and therefore nothing to do with them.
Added to that was the fact that Hitler hated Jehovah's Witnesses because he could not control them. We refused to salute this man or to have anything to do with his "reich". We were confined to the concentration camps along with the Jews and Gypsies whom Hitler also despised. To us he vowed to "exterminate this brood". He had many in our brotherhood executed....but he could not eliminate us. God eliminated him and crushed his whole agenda of world domination.

Our brothers used Paul's approach when addressing the "men of Athens" (Acts 17:22-29; 1 Corinthians 9:20-23)....they used the declared intentions of "the third reich" as a basis to declare that they were no threat to any government. They would neither oppose nor support any government of any nation because they declared themselves neutral.

The eliminating of things previously celebrated (namely Christmas) was not initially appreciated because there were much more important things to change before we could detail our beliefs in full......that took decades of diligent study and as the "light on the path" got "brighter" more things came to the surface and were dealt with as they were examined. (Proverbs 4:18) The 'cleansing and refining' foretold by Daniel for "the time of the end" were processes that were the result of careful and prayerful study. (Daniel 12:4, 9-10)

Our opposers will use anything to discredit us, but that is what Jesus foretold for his true disciples.....
Matt 5:10-12...
"Happy are those who have been persecuted for righteousness’ sake, since the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to them.
11 Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake. 12 Rejoice and be overjoyed, since your reward is great in the heavens, for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to you."

John 15:18-21....
"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you.19 If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. 20 Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours. 21 But they will do all these things against you on account of my name, because they do not know the One who sent me."

This is why posts like yours are like water of a duck's back to us, and why we do not see persecution or opposition as anything but confirmation that we are doing what Christ commanded........those in Christendom all disagree with one another, but still claim to teach what Jesus taught......read 1 Corinthians 1:10 and tell me if that describes your belief system?

Where will you all stand on judgment day? (Matthew 7:21-23) Thankfully, Jesus is the judge...not you or I.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 3:21
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Romans 15:17
I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.

Colossians 3:23-24
King James Version
23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:23-33
English Standard Version
Do All to the Glory of God
23 “All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. 24 Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor. 25 Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience. 26 For “the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof.” 27 If one of the unbelievers invites you to dinner and you are disposed to go, eat whatever is set before you without raising any question on the ground of conscience. 28 But if someone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, for the sake of the one who informed you, and for the sake of conscience— 29 I do not mean your conscience, but his. For why should my liberty be determined by someone else's conscience? 30 If I partake with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of that for which I give thanks?

31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God, 33 just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.

Romans 14
King James Version

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

In short, we celebrate the birth and resurrection of our Lord and Savior unto God's glory. We have the freedom to do so.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is all about who we are in Christ Jesus the Kurios(Lord, Yahweh). We are not under the human man made laws of the watchtower, nor into bondage to them.

Freedom In Christ

Galatians 5:1 ESV / 526
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

2 Corinthians 3:17 ESV / 421
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

John 8:36 ESV / 411
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

John 8:32 ESV / 382
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Galatians 5:13 ESV / 373
For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Galatians 5:1-26 ESV / 238
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. ...

Romans 8:1-4 ESV / 207
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:1-2 ESV / 174
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

1 Peter 2:16 ESV / 166
Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.

Galatians 5:13-14 ESV / 154
For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Romans 14:1-23 ESV / 138
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

Galatians 2:20 ESV / 134
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Isaiah 61:1 ESV / 131
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

Romans 8:21 ESV / 122
That the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

1 Corinthians 6:12 ESV / 117
“All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be enslaved by anything.

Ephesians 2:8 ESV / 107
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

James 1:25 ESV / 101
But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

Galatians 4:3-7 ESV / 97
In the same way we also, when we were children, were enslaved to the elementary principles of the world. But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.

Romans 6:22 ESV / 94
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life.

Galatians 2:4 ESV / 90
Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery—

Romans 8:1 ESV / 87
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:2 ESV / 85
For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

Hebrews 2:14-15 ESV / 80
Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.

Romans 13:8-10 ESV / 77
Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Psalm 118:5 ESV / 76
Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free.

Luke 4:18 ESV / 73
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,

Psalm 119:45 ESV / 66
And I shall walk in a wide place, for I have sought your precepts.

Luke 4:18-19 ESV / 61
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”

1 Corinthians 7:22 ESV / 58
For he who was called in the Lord as a slave is a freedman of the Lord. Likewise he who was free when called is a slave of Christ.

John 3:16 ESV / 57
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Acts 13:38-39 ESV / 56
Let it be known to you therefore, brothers, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and by him everyone who believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses.

Galatians 3:22 ESV / 54
But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

1 Corinthians 10:23 ESV / 54
“All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up.

2 Peter 2:18-22 ESV / 51
For, speaking loud boasts of folly, they entice by sensual passions of the flesh those who are barely escaping from those who live in error. They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”

Galatians 5:16 ESV / 51
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

Colossians 1:22 ESV / 49
He has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him,

1 Corinthians 8:1-13 ESV / 49
Now concerning food offered to idols: we know that “all of us possess knowledge.” This “knowledge” puffs up, but love builds up. If anyone imagines that he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know. But if anyone loves God, he is known by God. Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.” For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth—as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”— ...

2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV / 48
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

2 Timothy 1:7 ESV / 47 Helpful Not Helpful
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Matthew 11:30 ESV / 47
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Ephesians 3:12 ESV / 46
In whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in him.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8
King James Version
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.(at the resurrection)

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 14:17
Good News Translation
17 For God's Kingdom is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of the righteousness, peace, and joy which the Holy Spirit gives

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
intercession define
1: the act of interceding
2: prayer, petition, or entreaty in favor of another
the action of intervening on behalf of another.

"through the intercession of friends, I was able to obtain her a sinecure"
"the action of saying a prayer on behalf of another person."
"prayers of intercession"

Similar:
mediation
intermediation
negotiation
arbitration
conciliation
intervention
interposition
involvement
action
pleading
petition
entreaty
supplication
good offices
agency
shuttle diplomacy
mediatorship

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ROMANS 8:26

AMPC
So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance.

CEB
In the same way, the Spirit comes to help our weakness. We don’t know what we should pray, but the Spirit himself pleads our case with unexpressed groans.

CJB
Similarly, the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we don’t know how to pray the way we should. But the Spirit himself pleads on our behalf with groanings too deep for words;

CEV
In certain ways we are weak, but the Spirit is here to help us. For example, when we don't know what to pray for, the Spirit prays for us in ways that cannot be put into words.

DRA
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity. For we know not what we should pray for as we ought; but the Spirit himself asketh for us with unspeakable groanings.

ERV
Also, the Spirit helps us. We are very weak, but the Spirit helps us with our weakness. We don’t know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit himself speaks to God for us. He begs God for us, speaking to him with feelings too deep for words.

EXB
·Also [or In the same way], the Spirit helps us ·with [or in] our weakness. We do not know ·how to pray as we should [or what we ought to pray for]. But the Spirit himself ·speaks to God for us [intercedes] with ·deep feelings [L groanings] ·that words cannot explain [or that are inexpressible; or that are unspoken; or too deep for words].

GNV
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what to pray as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh request for us with sighs, which cannot be expressed.

GNT
In the same way the Spirit also comes to help us, weak as we are. For we do not know how we ought to pray; the Spirit himself pleads with God for us in groans that words cannot express.

ICB
Also, the Spirit helps us. We are very weak, but the Spirit helps us with our weakness. We do not know how to pray as we should. But the Spirit himself speaks to God for us, even begs God for us. The Spirit speaks to God with deep feelings that words cannot explain.

PHILLIPS
The Spirit of God not only maintains this hope within us, but helps us in our present limitations. For example, we do not know how to pray worthily as sons of God, but his Spirit within us is actually praying for us in those agonising longings which never find words. And God who knows the heart’s secrets understands, of course, the Spirit’s intention as he prays for those who love God.

JUB
And likewise also the Spirit helps our weakness; for we know not how to pray as we ought, but the Spirit itself makes entreaty for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

TLB
And in the same way—by our faith—the Holy Spirit helps us with our daily problems and in our praying. For we don’t even know what we should pray for nor how to pray as we should, but the Holy Spirit prays for us with such feeling that it cannot be expressed in words.

MSG
Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

NCV
Also, the Spirit helps us with our weakness. We do not know how to pray as we should. But the Spirit himself speaks to God for us, even begs God for us with deep feelings that words cannot explain.

NIRV
In the same way, the Holy Spirit helps us when we are weak. We don’t know what we should pray for. But the Spirit himself prays for us. He prays through groans too deep for words.

NTE
In the same way, too, the spirit comes alongside and helps us in our weakness. We don’t know what to pray for as we ought to; but that same spirit pleads on our behalf, with groanings too deep for words.

VOICE
A similar thing happens when we pray. We are weak and do not know how to pray, so the Spirit steps in and articulates prayers for us with groaning too profound for words.

WE
Also the Spirit helps us because we are weak. We do not know how we should talk to God. But the Spirit himself talks to God for us, while we cry and cannot say any words.

WYC
And also the Spirit helpeth our infirmity; for what we shall pray, as it behooveth, we know not, but that Spirit asketh for us with sorrowings, that may not be told out [but that Spirit asketh for us with sorrowings, that be not able to be told out].

Romans 8:34

CEB
Who is going to convict them? It is Christ Jesus who died, even more, who was raised, and who also is at God’s right side. It is Christ Jesus who also pleads our case for us.

CJB
Who punishes them? Certainly not the Messiah Yeshua, who died and — more than that — has been raised, is at the right hand of God and is actually pleading on our behalf!

CEV
Or can anyone condemn them? No indeed! Christ died and was raised to life, and now he is at God's right side, speaking to him for us.

ERV
Who can say that God’s people are guilty? No one! Christ Jesus died for us, but that is not all. He was also raised from death. And now he is at God’s right side, speaking to him for us.

EXB
Who can ·say God’s people are guilty [condemn; pronounce punishment]? No one, because Christ Jesus died, but he was also raised from the dead, and now he is on God’s right ·side [hand; Ps. 110:1], ·appealing to God [interceding; pleading] for us.

GNV
Who shall condemn? it is Christ which is dead: yea, or rather, which is risen again, who is also at the right hand of God, and maketh request also for us.

GNT
Who, then, will condemn them? Not Christ Jesus, who died, or rather, who was raised to life and is at the right side of God, pleading with him for us!

ICB
Who can say that God’s people are guilty? No one! Christ Jesus died, but that is not all. He was also raised from death. And now he is on God’s right side and is begging God for us.

PHILLIPS
Who would dare to accuse us, whom God has chosen? The judge himself has declared us free from sin. Who is in a position to condemn? Only Christ, and Christ died for us, Christ rose for us, Christ reigns in power for us, Christ prays for us!

JUB
Who is he that condemns them? Christ, Jesus, is he who died and, even more, he that also rose again, who furthermore is at the right hand of God, who also makes entreaty for us.

TLB
Who then will condemn us? Will Christ? No! For he is the one who died for us and came back to life again for us and is sitting at the place of highest honor next to God, pleading for us there in heaven.

MSG
So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God’s chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ’s love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture: They kill us in cold blood because they hate you. We’re sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one. None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I’m absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.

NCV
Who can say God’s people are guilty? No one, because Christ Jesus died, but he was also raised from the dead, and now he is on God’s right side, appealing to God for us.

NIRV
Then who can sentence us to death? No one. Christ Jesus is at the right hand of God and is also praying for us. He died. More than that, he was raised to life.

NLV
Who then can say we are guilty? It was Christ Jesus Who died. He was raised from the dead. He is on the right side of God praying to Him for us.

NLT
Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.

NTE
Who is going to condemn? It is the Messiah, Jesus, who has died, or rather has been raised; who is at God’s right hand, and who also prays on our behalf!

VOICE
Who has the authority to condemn? Jesus the Anointed who died, but more importantly, conquered death when He was raised to sit at the right hand of God where He pleads on our behalf.

WE
Who will say they are not right? Jesus Christ died. Yes, he was raised from death. He is at the right side of God. And he talks to God for us.

WYC
who is it that condemneth? It is Jesus Christ that was dead, yea, the which rose again, the which is on the right half of God, and the which prayeth for us [the which and rose again, the which is on the right half of God, the which prayeth for us].

Concerning the Holy Spirit, only a person makes intercession or prays.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
intercession define
1: the act of interceding
2: prayer, petition, or entreaty in favor of another
the action of intervening on behalf of another.
www.merriam-webster.com

Definition of INTERCESSION

the act of interceding; prayer, petition, or entreaty in favor of another… See the full definition
www.merriam-webster.com

"through the intercession of friends, I was able to obtain her a sinecure"
"the action of saying a prayer on behalf of another person."
"prayers of intercession"

Similar:
mediation
intermediation
negotiation
arbitration
conciliation
intervention
interposition
involvement
action
pleading
petition
entreaty
supplication
good offices
agency
shuttle diplomacy
mediatorship

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You dont have to celebrate him, he is shoved down everyones throat for 31 straight days. In the stores, on the TV, and the music.
Jesus wasnt born on Dec 25th, The sheperds were in the field all night, that doesnt occur in December in Israel. It would be like someone celebrating your birthday in June but you were born in April.

According to Scripture I know the Lord Jesus is not upset. Once again the issue is the matter of the heart and not the superficial stuff. I do not worry what the world does as we are commanded to not to worry about. They can flood the airwaves with Santa 24/7 for all I care- It doesn't affect why I rejoice 12/25.

Romans 14 is the biblical command for this issue:

Romans 14

King James Version

If one wishes to celebrate a day unto the Lord- they are free to do so. If one does not wish to celebrate a day unto the Lord but consider all days- they are also free to not celebrate.

The Watchtower teaches you to judge others by externals- God judges the motive of the heart.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So that makes it OK then......it doesn't matter that its a borrowed pagan festival adopted to appease the worshippers of false gods hundreds of years after Christ gave his life for those who would value true worship, as opposed to those who would sacrifice truth for their own convenience and pay homage to the God of greed and lies......there are only two kinds of worship in a world where satan rules (1 John 5:19)......true worship, which must be painted in the worst possible light.....and false worship, which is made to look like the real McCoy....
Truth is what is sacrificed....not Christ.
Does 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 mean nothing to you.....?

Once again as it appears you haven't got it yet.

If anyone celebrates Dec. 25th as a feast to Saturnalia, Saturn, Bacchus or any other thing--materialism, Santa, Rudolf teh Red nosed reindeer, that is idolatry! If a person celebrates Dec. 25th as a day set aside to rejoice in the birth of Jesus Christ who came to die for our sins, they can according to Romans 14:1-7:

Romans 14

King James Version

And 2 cor. means everything to me.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18

King James Version

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

But this passage in its context is about pairing yourself with an unbeliever not whether or not you celebrate God on a day pagans celebrate their false gods. God is the God of all 365 days so we can celebrate him everyday and on certain days! He owns all the fir trees, so we can plant a fir tree in our house in honor of HIm! The devil doesn't temporarily own fir trees during the Christmas season and then they revert back to God.

If you can prove that Christmas trees, decorations, the holiday time off, hams, turkeys in celebration, gifts and all the rest are dedicated to false gods ahead of time then you have a point. Other wise you are one God said through Paul has a weak conscience.

1 Corinthians 10:25
Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

Why did Paul declare this? Because in gentile cities meats sold in the shambles were directly offered to idols!

1 Corinthians 8

King James Version

8 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

God set us free from that rule, the Watchtower wishes to throw people back into bondage again! NO thanks.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can reason all you want, as I said God doesn't change. These days, Christmas and Easter are not in scripture to observe. They are rooted in false gods no matter what you believe that's not going to change. The scriptures also teach us that what belongs to demons should not be attached to the true God or scripture. That's not going to change because the True God doesn't change. The True God is about truth not part truth and part false. People relating days such as Christmas and Easter as though they're from God is a lie. They're just days that imperfect humans have instituted not days instituted by Jesus they're not anywhere in the scriptures.

No I do not use slick reasoning like the Watchtower has indoctrinated you with.

If you can show me that fir trees belong to demons during what is called the Christmas season, along with gifts and decorations and Christmas hams and turkeys and that Dec. 25th itself belongs to demons and not God- I will listen. Otherwise you are simply one who has a weak conscience and looks at the external and no the heart like God does.

But Gods INspired Word says all the fir trees belong to God. All 365 days belong to god. All gifts and ornaments and haqms and turkeys belong to god.

1 Corinthians 8

King James Version

If you wish to think that putting a tree in your house to honor th ebirth of Jesus on a day the Lord has made is demonic- that is your privilege and right! And I will defend you not celebrating!

But if one wishes to honor the birth of Jesus on Dec. 25th ( and not bacchus or Saturn or Santa or Saturnalia or anything else) and puts all that up to honor th eLord, I will defend their right and privilege to do so as well!

Romans 14

King James Version

Once again you have not shown why we should reject Gods Word and accept those man made Watchtower lies!

Reactions: The Learner

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Scripture I know the Lord Jesus is not upset. Once again the issue is the matter of the heart and not the superficial stuff. I do not worry what the world does as we are commanded to not to worry about. They can flood the airwaves with Santa 24/7 for all I care- It doesn't affect why I rejoice 12/25.

Romans 14 is the biblical command for this issue:

Romans 14​

King James Version​

If one wishes to celebrate a day unto the Lord- they are free to do so. If one does not wish to celebrate a day unto the Lord but consider all days- they are also free to not celebrate.

The Watchtower teaches you to judge others by externals- God judges the motive of the heart.
As long as there contains nothing off the table of demons--that is understood by all who know the bible-1Cor 10:21--santa is satan. Its a celebration of the world. One is to remain spotless from the world. James 1:27