A Simple Yet Irrefutable Reason The Catholic church Is Not Rooted In Christ's Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe, it’s because the Bible wasn’t written in English, Einstein.

Greek and Hebrew have FAR more uses for their words for “brother (‘ach and adelphos) than English does.
Do your homework . . .
anything to defend the CC is what you will do . I refuse to enter that church . Let it be well known i said this .
I Feel heaviness and sadness for you . But i refuse to enter into that CC peroid . I pray one day you will come out of her .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anything to defend the CC is what you will do . I refuse to enter that church . Let it be well known i said this .
I Feel heaviness and sadness for you . But i refuse to enter into that CC peroid . I pray one day you will come out of her .
No – the ONLY thing that you “refuse” to do is engage in an actual debate with regard to the use of the Greek terms Adelphos, Adelphe and Adelphoi in the NT.

You’re simply NOT equipped to discuss it, so you regurgitate the same manure about the “evil” Church that you know virtually NOTHING about.

Do your homework . . .

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anti-Catholics like you crack me up.

You think it’s “perfectly fine” to go around spreading your filthy lies and unsubstantiated historical rumors – but when an educated Catholic calls you on the carpet, then he’s just not a very “nice” guy.
I’ve had my fill of liars and anti-Catholics – which are usually the SAME thing and I have ZERO tolerance for it.

You guys seduce people away from the truth with your dishonestyTHEN you accuse people like ME of being “rude” just because you “disagree” with the Catholic Church.

I couldn’t care LESS if ALL you did was “disagree. That’s why I leave the majority of non-Catholics alone.
It’s only the ANTI-Catholics like YOU and others on this thread who always resort to the same manure.

So – when YOU stop your nonsense – there will be NO need for me to be here.
But, since sin is like CATNIP to a lying anti-Catholic – I see that my work will have to continue . . .

Maybe, it’s because the Bible wasn’t written in English, Einstein.

Greek and Hebrew have FAR more uses for their words for “brother (‘ach and adelphos) than English does.
Do your homework . . .

No – the ONLY thing that you “refuse” to do is engage in an actual debate with regard to the use of the Greek terms Adelphos, Adelphe and Adelphoi in the NT.

You’re simply NOT equipped to discuss it, so you regurgitate the same manure about the “evil” Church that you know virtually NOTHING about.

Do your homework . . .

The only fertilizer, BS, spreaders are you and a couple other RCC. The only ones hurling insults are you and a couple others. Catch you or one of your RCC friends in an outright untruth and the denial and twisting of the lie to make a truth the way you do is epic!

I don’t see any words of hate in the non RCC posts, but you throw hate around frequently and often.

You have nothing but diatribe but act like if shout load enough you will win.

All we ask for is an honest discussion. Honest discussion is what the RCC refuses to bring to the table. But thats OK we have 520 years history that speaks to hate, anger and refusals to honest discussions. Actually closer to 1800 years if we look at the heretics slaughtered.

We feel sad for you because you are sower of the seed of hate. And the first to claim being hated even though it is your doing.

Alfredthefifth

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only fertilizer, BS, spreaders are you and a couple other RCC. The only ones hurling insults are you and a couple others. Catch you or one of your RCC friends in an outright untruth and the denial and twisting of the lie to make a truth the way you do is epic!

I don’t see any words of hate in the non RCC posts, but you throw hate around frequently and often.
You have nothing but diatribe but act like if shout load enough you will win.
All we ask for is an honest discussion. Honest discussion is what the RCC refuses to bring to the table. But thats OK we have 520 years history that speaks to hate, angerand refusals to honest discussions. Actually closer to 1800 years if we look at the heretics slaughtered.
We feel sad for you because you are sower of the seed of hate. And the first to claim being hated even though it is your doing.
Alfredthefifth
The above rant can be whittled down to the text in RED.
If you can find ANYTHING I’ve said that is a “lie” – then show me.
If NOT – then you need to admit you LIED about that.

Secondly – as for YOU not seeing any words of hate in the non-Catholic posts – it’s only SOME of you who did it. Not ALL non Catholics are ignorant anti-Catholics like YOU. An anti-Catholic is a person who resorts to telling lies and regurgitating falsehoods about the Catholic Church because they didn’t do their homework.

Finally – your last comment in RED is as ridiculous as Hitler saying, “All we’re trying to do is get along with the Jews” . . .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And your point is?

I’m ALWAYS hearing from anti-Catholics like YOU that Catholics don’t have ANY liberty of thought when it comes to personal belief. That we ALL mindlessly goose-step along with whatever “Rome” dictates.

Liguori was NOT the Pope.
He was NOT considered to be infallible.
He wrote about many things from HIS personal point of view – and not necessarily from the Church’s DOCTRINAL point of view.

Your post is nonsense. And your statement above, “collection of the patristic wisdom of the Roman Catholic Church from the Early Church Fathers till his day” is YOUR personal opinion and not necessarily the truth.

If you wanna know what we believe – just read the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Haha. How did I know you would respond with this classic example of evasiveness. Oh, he was just writing his personal opinion, he says. Oh, he wasn't quoting from the patristic wisdom of the church, that's just you're opinion. Haha.
And not one comment on the actual quotes themselves, from saints, popes, and others, put together as examples of Catholic teaching. Put together by a doctor of the church, with the intent of growing the faith of priests and laymen.

Ligouri was canonized as a saint by Pope Gregory XIV in 1839 and was declared a doctor of the church by Pope Pius IX. He is one of the 32 doctors of the church whose writings are considered especially trustworthy and of authority.

Are you BoL saying he was wrong????

For example, Ligouri said in his book, the reasoning behind it. “I endeavored to collect, from as many authors as I could lay my hands on, the choicest passages, extracted from Fathers and theologians, and those which seemed to me to be the most to the point, and have put them together in this book, in order that the devout may with little trouble and expense be able to inflame themselves with the love of Mary, and more particularly to furnish the priests with matter for their sermons, wherewith to excite others to devotion towards this divine Mother.”

Crushes the serpent’s head
“From the very beginning God foretold the victory and empire that our Queen would one day obtain over the serpent, when he nnounced that a woman should come into the world to conquer him: I will put enmities a between thee and the woman—she shall crush thy head.” Liguori, p. 141

“Mary, then, was this great and valiant woman, who conquered the devil and crushed his head by bringing down his pride, and as it was foretold by God himself: She shall crush thy head. Some doubt as to whether these words refer to Mary, or whether they do not rather refer to Jesus Christ; for the Septuagint renders them, He shall crush thy head. But in the Vulgate, which alone was approved of by the sacred Council of Trent, we find She, and not He; and thus it was understood by St. Ambrose, St. Jerome, St. Augustine, and a great many others.” Liguori, p. 142

What subterfuge! What deception! What lies!

You ask, so what!???

I stated in the beginning what constitutes Antichrist. The replacing of the true Christ with a substitute. And right here is another classic example, approved of by early church fathers and the infallible council of Trent.

Alfredthefifth

Jul 19, 2022
Greater Tucson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above rant can be whittled down to the text in RED.
If you can find ANYTHING I’ve said that is a “lie” – then show me.
If NOT – then you need to admit you LIED about that.

Secondly – as for YOU not seeing any words of hate in the non-Catholic posts – it’s only SOME of you who did it. Not ALL non Catholics are ignorant anti-Catholics like YOU. An anti-Catholic is a person who resorts to telling lies and regurgitating falsehoods about the Catholic Church because they didn’t do their homework.

Finally – your last comment in RED is as ridiculous as Hitler saying, “All we’re trying to do is get along with the Jews” . . .

Whether it is BOL, taken or illuminator which all write in the same fashion. They all have written what I have written about and then deny they ever wrote anything at all "THAT I IMAGED IT!"

But YOU DID refer to a papist publication in insulting Luther, a papist fantasy book, published in 1987. While I have to read Luther's writings in English translations, his attitude to THE CHURCH, was humble exasperation, that the simplest question was stomped on out of hand. Just like BOL, TAKEN AND ILLUMINATOR freely do with every question posed here. Though BOL is the rudest of the three.

There is a symbol of a Saint, well ex Saint, a pope pulled his saintly ticket, that I really appreciate and have several items of, even though I don't know where they got stored because of three moves. That a pope canceled his sainthood is very refreshing in away. But this is besides the point.

BOL is a dismissive evader that hasn't replied in an honest fashion to any question simply denies everything that can be proved against BOL's posts rudely and dismissively. The two others I mentioned are dismissive twisters but not rude.

BOL twists any question of, to or about THE CHURCH, so it BOL can freely rant about being hated. The only hate I can trace in this thread from rereading everything is BOL and BOL alone.

Simple or complicated no other person on this thread is as rude and condescending, several twist trying to get out of admitting their posts hold or toe a line for THE CHURCH and try to baffle those catching this.

If I were to ignore the three posters that twist the most there would be discussion here because a poster that many here like and have liked often. But I made the decision early on not to ignore anyone here even though I proved there is the ignore button here.

I will restate my basic question I have asked many times.

Can any of the RCC posters here meet me in a chapter of the BIBLE to discuss from that chapter how ONE verse is being used. One verse discussed from the chapter it is taken out of.

So far I have had answers that use many verses but no chapters. One had 72 verses with verse 13 posted singularly and ahead of verse 2 used singularly in the point of discussion.

Is anyone going to answer a one verse to the chapter it is written in question to how and what the verse means?

Alfredthefifth

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha. How did I know you would respond with this classic example of evasiveness. Oh, he was just writing his personal opinion, he says. Oh, he wasn't quoting from the patristic wisdom of the church, that's just you're opinion. Haha.

And not one comment on the actual quotes themselves, from saints, popes, and others, put together as examples of Catholic teaching. Put together by a doctor of the church, with the intent of growing the faith of priests and laymen.

Ligouri was canonized as a saint by Pope Gregory XIV in 1839 and was declared a doctor of the church by Pope Pius IX. He is one of the 32 doctors of the church whose writingsare considered especially trustworthy and of authority.

Are you BoL saying he was wrong????

For example, Ligouri said in his book, the reasoning behind it. “I endeavored to collect, from as many authors as I could lay my hands on, the choicest passages, extracted from Fathers and theologians, and those which seemed to me to be the most to the point, and have put them together in this book, in order that the devout may with little trouble and expense be able to inflame themselves with the love of Mary, and more particularly to furnish the priests with matter for their sermons, wherewith to excite others to devotion towards this divine Mother.”
Crushes the serpent’s head
“From the verybeginning God foretold the victory and empire that our Queen would one day obtain over the serpent, when he nnounced that a woman should come into the world to conquer him: I will put enmities a between thee and the woman—she shall crush thy head.” Liguori, p. 141
“Mary, then, was this great and valiant woman, who conquered the devil and crushed his head by bringing down his pride, and as it was foretold by God himself: She shall crush thy head. Some doubt as to whether these words refer to Mary, or whether they do not rather refer to Jesus Christ; for the Septuagint renders them, He shall crush thy head. But in the Vulgate, which alone was approved of by the sacred Council of Trent, we find She, and not He; and thus it wasunderstood by St. Ambrose, St. Jerome, St. Augustine, and a great many others.” Liguori, p. 142
What subterfuge! What deception! What lies!
You ask, so what!???

I stated in the beginning what constitutes Antichrist. The replacing of the true Christ with a substitute. And right here is another classic example, approved of by early church fathers and the infallible council of Trent.
Though the use of “she” instead of “he” in Gen. 3:15 in the Douay-Rheims Version appears to be a transcriber’s error, the truth of the matter is NOT lost.
First of all – the serpent DOES strike at Mary, albeit, indirectly, as we see in Simeon’s prophecy (Luke 2:35) that a “sword would pierce her heart”, which was fulfilled as she saw Him die (John 19:25–27).

Mary’s cooperation gives her an indirect application to this verse, although it is more directly attributed to her Son, Jesus.

The problem that YOU have with the works of Alphonsus Liguori or Thomas Aquinaas or Augustine is that you take random statements OUT of their proper context.

And just because Liguori was canonized – does NOT mean that EVERY word he wrote is 100% in lube with Catholic interpretation of Scripture. Contrary to what many of you anti-Catholics believe – we DO have liberty of thought when it comes to MANY undefined verses of Scripture. Much of Scripture is NOT officially defined by the Church.

What I see here is a subject in search of an argument – where NONE exists.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether it is BOL, taken or illuminator which all write in the same fashion. They all have written what I have written about and then deny they ever wrote anything at all "THAT I IMAGED IT!"
But YOU DID refer to a papist publication in insulting Luther, a papist fantasy book, published in 1987. While I have to read Luther's writings in English translations, his attitude to THE CHURCH, was humble exasperation, that the simplest question was stomped on out of hand. Just like BOL, TAKEN AND ILLUMINATOR freely do with every question posed here. Though BOL is the rudest of the three.
There is a symbol of a Saint, well ex Saint, a pope pulled his saintly ticket, that I really appreciate and have several items of, even though I don't know where they got stored because of three moves. That a pope canceled his sainthood is very refreshing in away. But this is besides the point.
BOL is a dismissive evader that hasn't replied in an honest fashion to any question simply denies everything that can be proved against BOL's posts rudely and dismissively. The two others I mentioned are dismissive twisters but not rude.
BOL twists any question of, to or about THE CHURCH, so it BOL can freely rant about being hated. The only hate I can trace in this thread from rereading everything is BOL and BOL alone.
Simple or complicated no other person on this thread is as rude and condescending, several twist trying to get out of admitting their posts hold or toe a line for THE CHURCH and try to baffle those catching this.
If I were to ignore the three posters that twist the most there would be discussion here because a poster that many here like and have liked often. But I made the decision early on not to ignore anyone here even though I proved there is the ignore button here.
I will restate my basic question I have asked many times.
Can any of the RCC posters here meet me in a chapter of the
BIBLE to discuss from that chapter how ONE verse is being used. One verse discussed from the chapter it is taken out of.
So far I have had answers that use many verses but no chapters. One had 72 verses with verse 13 posted singularly and ahead of verse 2 used singularly in the point of discussion.
Is anyone going to answer a one verse to the chapter it is written in question to how and what the verse means?
Alfredthefifth
Not only have answered every question – I have posed MANY questions for which YOU and others here have NOT answered.

You live in a fantasy world, where history didn’t really happen. Luther didn’t write those documented statements from his OWN letters. This was all “invented” by the Catholic Church.

When you are standing before God at your judgement – you won’t be able to tell HIM that history didn’t happen.
You won’t be able to lie about ME or His Church because there won’t be any online forums at your judgement for you to spread your manure.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And i thought you were ignorant before but now I think your a viper a wolf in sheep's clothing
THIS, coming from a guy who has leveled one false accusation after another – and RUN from virtually EVERY question I’ve asked.

Gee – WHO is known in Scripture ad the Father of Lies (John 8:44)?
YOUR father, Satan . . .

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THIS, coming from a guy who has leveled one false accusation after another – and RUN from virtually EVERY question I’ve asked.

Gee – WHO is known in Scripture ad the Father of Lies (John 8:44)?
YOUR
father, Satan . . .
Your father pope holds this crown below

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your father pope holds this crown below
No – I’ll go with what Jesus said:
Your Father, Satan (John 8:44) . . .

Besides I can pinpoint every lie you've told on this thread
You can't point to ONE lie that I've told . . .

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No – I’ll go with what Jesus said:
Your Father, Satan (John 8:44) . . .

Besides I can pinpoint every lie you've told on this thread
You can't point to ONE lie that I've told . . .
Ok let's start, post my lie one at a time and I will post the link that I read it from.

This is what i read about the gold

How many tons of gold does Vatican 2020 have?

The Roman Catholic Church controls approximately 60,350 tons of gold, twice the size of official gold reserves worldwide, or approximately 30.2 percent of all gold mined/produced.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok let's start, post my lie one at a time and I will post the link that I read it from.

This is what i read about the gold

Link

The Roman Catholic Church controls approximately 60,350 tons of gold, twice the size of official gold reserves worldwide, or approximately 30.2 percent of all gold mined/produced.
I didn't make up anything

Link

An online link is nothing more than a RUMOR – a FAIRY TALE, unless it can be substantiated.
You SHOULD know better than that.

I can just as easily produce links that make the wildest claims about ANY subject on the planet.
It DOESN’T make them true – unless they can be proven.
Good grief . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.