A sound without air?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Sounds arise through vibrations in the air. This is not possible without air. So did God use the air to speak in the beginning?

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds arise through vibrations in the air. This is not possible without air. So did God use the air to speak in the beginning?

Hmmmmm, I was just talking about something like this with my coworker.

Well, I surmised that the Creator would have to have Spoken faster than light for Him to be able to say, "Let there be light."...and then have light.

But, of course, I don't think I was looking at things correctly.

My co-worker did say, "Maybe He said it in His Mind."

I am sure that we can think words faster than we can speak them...but, are these thoughts faster than light?

Of course, we have verses like this:

Isaiah 55:8
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."

So, yeah, I don't think that a scientific lens is the best way to handle the creation account...but, what do I know...

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hmmmmm, I was just talking about something like this with my coworker.

Well, I surmised that the Creator would have to have Spoken faster than light for Him to be able to say, "Let there be light."...and then have light.

But, of course, I don't think I was looking at things correctly.

My co-worker did say, "Maybe He said it in His Mind."

I am sure that we can think words faster than we can speak them...but, are these thoughts faster than light?

Of course, we have verses like this:

Isaiah 55:8
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."

So, yeah, I don't think that a scientific lens is the best way to handle the creation account...but, what do I know...
Do you think God created air?