A Study of Peter's sermon at Pentecost

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I also know God speaks is symbols outside of Scripture but I have trouble interpreting them due to lack of knowledge or faith and most likely both.
One just need to beleive Christ. when He is alive to you as He is, as he is teh living word, he is not dead, than He can teach you, you dont need an intepreter Christ will show you things as you need to know them.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

And the more you listen to Him the better you wil know His voice than each time you listen His life is imparted into you, the holy Spirit given to us when we beleieve is the seed,

But you cant be in any huury as He tends to let you go round in circles sometimes untill you get something so he can take you furtere.

Isa_28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

REally give Him a cahnce he has so much to offer those who believe Him.

God bless

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
One just need to beleive Christ. when He is alive to you as He is, as he is teh living word, he is not dead, than He can teach you, you dont need an intepreter Christ will show you things as you need to know them.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

And the more you listen to Him the better you wil know His voice than each time you listen His life is imparted into you, the holy Spirit given to us when we beleieve is the seed,

But you cant be in any huury as He tends to let you go round in circles sometimes untill you get something so he can take you furtere.

Isa_28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

REally give Him a cahnce he has so much to offer those who believe Him.

God bless
You believe in Jesus?? James 2 even satan and his demons believe in God, and Jesus....seems you are in bad company of satan and his demons....
Need to start following the commandments of God to separate you from satan and his demons.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You believe in Jesus?? James 2 even satan and his demons believe in God, and Jesus....seems you are in bad company of satan and his demons....
Need to start following the commandments of God to separate you from satan and his demons.
If you are the one with the truth, than why are you so mad at everyone, and why is it that if people dont agree with you they are all of a sudden children of the devil?? As for Christ I know Him and He knows me, and if you knew Him as you claim, sin would not be such an issue for you.

Rom_5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

So why are you feeling so condemned??

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 2:19 KJV
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Devils believe there is one God and they tremble. These are the same devils that pleaded with Jesus to send them into a hoard of swine.

They don't believe in salvation through Christ. They're idiots! They never asked for it!

Doesn't matter. They are smart enough to know it isn't for them.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Different horde of swine....the present day horde lives in the so called christian churches which teach you can have salvation without repentance and turning away from sin and following God's commandments..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you enjoy following the present day horde of swine?
Ever wondered why no one responds,

1Co_13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co_13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co_13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

As Jesus said

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

And so we will do as Jesus asked and Love whcih we are not very good at, there is no law against love.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you enjoy following the Roman church doctrines? Even though you call yourself a "protestant"
And that came from where. Dont you have some truth to find.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
If you are a follower of Jesus you would follow His teachings 1st John....
In my opinion you are not well versed in the Scriptures. You fail to take Jesus at His words when He said He only came to the house of Israel (Jews). If you could see this then you would know that Jesus' teachings about the law was for the Jews who were under the law.

After being rejection by the Jews, Jesus gave Paul a new gospel which is about God's grace which He can apply to those that will trust in Him and what He did on the cross.

You constantly talk about what you and we must do and you never say anything about what Jesus did for you. It is all about you,

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
And you are well versed in scripture???? LOL
He is. He has displayed so many times. I don't even think those who disagree with him (other than yourself) would say he isn't well versed. They may not like his conclusions, but I don't think they would say he isn't well versed.

You, on the other hand, seem to have a very small repertoire of about 5 or 6 verses which are grossly taken out of context. I see it. Richard sees it. Mjrhealth sees it, our Catholic posters see it too.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
FHII said:
He is. He has displayed so many times. I don't even think those who disagree with him (other than yourself) would say he isn't well versed. They may not like his conclusions, but I don't think they would say he isn't well versed.

You, on the other hand, seem to have a very small repertoire of about 5 or 6 verses which are grossly taken out of context. I see it. Richard sees it. Mjrhealth sees it, our Catholic posters see it too.

You would do well to study those 5 or 6 verses, as they are from Jesus, Paul, James, and John and are the basis for Christianity...yet you chose to ignore them to pursue your false teachings.....

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
You would do well to study those 5 or 6 verses, as they are from Jesus, Paul, James, and John and are the basis for Christianity...yet you chose to ignore them to pursue your false teachings.....
So you believe the 5 or 6 verses you continuously quote are the basis for Christianity?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
What do you find offensive about these verses? John 14.15...Jesus said "if you love me keep my commandments"
Matthew 19.17 "to enter into life keep the commandments" and goes on to identify them as the 10 Commandments of God, or Matthew 7 when He warns the people "then I will say to you in those days depart from me I never knew you, you who practice lawlessness" Why do you find those offensive??? or "you honour me with your lips, but your hearts are far from me" Matthew 15.8....still find them offensive??
As these are the words of Jesus, they are the entire basis for the Christian life, whether you agree or not.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
What do you find offensive about these verses? John 14.15...Jesus said "if you love me keep my commandments"
Matthew 19.17 "to enter into life keep the commandments" and goes on to identify them as the 10 Commandments of God, or Matthew 7 when He warns the people "then I will say to you in those days depart from me I never knew you, you who practice lawlessness" Why do you find those offensive??? or "you honour me with your lips, but your hearts are far from me" Matthew 15.8....still find them offensive??
As these are the words of Jesus, they are the entire basis for the Christian life, whether you agree or not.

So you believe the 5 or 6 verses you continuously quote are the basis for Christianity?