A Test Of Reading Comprehension and Honesty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Unfortunately, for now, you cannot SEE the Big Picture which begins in Genesis.

SEE it from God's Point of View beginning with Genesis

AND remind yourself of this: "But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins
I can see the big picture, you do not want to see all the facts that prove the thief cannot possibly be an example of NT salvation.

When Christ was ON EARTH He had been given authority to forgive sins of those whom He tho't was deserving. Yet Christ is NOT on earth today in person forgiving sins therefore no one today can be saved as the thief. When Christ left earth some 2000 years ago He left behind His NT gospel as His authority on earth and that NT requires water baptism, And it was a NT that was not yet in effect when Christ promised the thief he would be in paradise therefore the thief did not live under the NT gospel, therefore he was not accountable to it.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see the big picture, you do not want to see all the facts that prove the thief cannot possibly be an example of NT salvation.

When Christ was ON EARTH He had been given authority to forgive sins of those whom He tho't was deserving. Yet Christ is NOT on earth today in person forgiving sins therefore no one today can be saved as the thief. When Christ left earth some 2000 years ago He left behind His NT gospel as His authority on earth and that NT requires water baptism, And it was a NT that was not yet in effect when Christ promised the thief he would be in paradise therefore the thief did not live under the NT gospel, therefore he was not accountable to it.

My Dear Friend, you have me cracking up here...........

Start in Genesis and remember this "the Just shall live by Faith" = "thru Grace you are saved thru Faith" = it is a Gift = not of yourself

Here is a another Diamond for you =
"But even Moses showed in the burning bush passage that the dead are raised, when he called the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ 38For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him.”

Peace and Thank You for your intriguing exegesis from Hebrews = which i believe

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Big Picture NT Version:

"But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?
41And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.”"

HALLELUJAH = "a Man who did nothing wrong" punished by death on the Cross = Salvation for all who believe on His Name

And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom

Big Picture NT Version = And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

"But if I cast out demons with the finger of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you."

Last edited:

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Where does the faith that saves come from, since there are none righteous and none who seek God?

Romans 3:10-12 (KJV) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

John 6:28-29 (KJV) Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Abel was accounted righteous by FAITH! Saving faith that comes to all men according to GRACE, the free gift of God ALONE.

Hebrews 11:4 (KJV) By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Paul does not agree with your understanding regarding the unrighteousness of fallen mankind. All mankind is charged with being under sin. None are exempt, every man is destined to die through sin, without exception. Because every human apart from Christ is unrighteous, and every deed as filthy rags before Him.

Romans 3:9-10 (KJV) What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

These Jews heard the Gospel, and their hearts were pricked, that shows the Word preached pierced their hearts, which is the natural result of the power of the Spirit working through the Gospel in them.

Acts 2:37-41 (KJV) Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Since the Spirit works through the consciences of mankind, it is clear that hearing the Gospel through the power of the Spirit they believed, and gift of the Spirit Peter spoke of was not for salvation but for the supernatural gift of the Spirit to speak in other tongues.

Acts 2:4 (KJV) And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

These were not Jews in unbelief, they were "devout men" meaning already just and good. But they were without knowledge of Christ.

Acts 2:5-8 (KJV) And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Acts 2:14-18 (KJV)
But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Romans 1:16-20 (KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
What Paul is writing in Romans 3 is to the Jews. From Rom 3:1-2 the Jews had been given the OT law which was an advantage to them over the Gentiles, yet that OT law could not justify the Jew because for to be justified by that OT law, that law required the Jew to keep all of it perfectly, falwlessly which the Jew could not do. Therefore that left the Jew under sin and no better than the Gentile. And to prove to the Jews they were in fact sinners and no better than the Gentiles, Paul quotes verses from the OT in Rom 3:10-18. And in v19 Paul is telling the Jews that your own law that was given to you says you are sinners.

--therefore Rom 3:10-18 is being addressed to the Jews not every one universally for after Paul quoted those OT verses he says in v19 "we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law". It was just the Jews who was "under the law" and therfore just the Jew verses 10-18 refer to.

--that OT law required flawless, perfect law keeping to ALL of it by the Jew for the Jew to justified by it. Yet the Jew could not keep it perfectly. Hence when Paul said "none are righteous" he means righteous in the absolute sense and pointing out that no Jew was perfectly, sinlessly keeping that OT law therefore could not be righteous by that OT law.....for just one sin brought the curse of the law upon the Jew for the law showed no mercy, it just condemned.

---there were those who are said to be righteous as Abel, but His righteousness did not come by perfect, flawless law keeping but by an faithful obedience to God's will......"by faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous."

---"there is none that seeketh after God" This is a quote from David in Psalms and David was one who DID seek after God. Those Jews Paul was addressing thought they were pious and studied and knew the law yet Paul was pointing out they did not know the law as they claimed to for they were not really seeking after God but after their own traditions. Paul point out in Rom 10:1-3 those Jews were lost for they went about establishing their OWN rghteousness and were not seeking to submit to GOD's righteousness. Their lack of seeking God was why they could not recognize Jesus was the Messiah God promised them. Even Christ told them they were 'blind' (Matt 23:17). They did not have knoweldge of the OT law (Lk 11:52) for they were not seeking God but corrupting the law with their OWN traditions......

"There is none that seeketh after God ... What a paradox was this, that the chosen nation who had received the revelation of God and who had studied it so meticulously, were, in all that study, not seeking God at all, due to the lack of any proper motive, and having forgotten the warning of Hosea, "Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord" (Hosea 6:3). Knowing what the scripture says is one thing; following on to know the Lord is another. Since the Jews were not seeking after God, what was the point of all their study? Christ himself pinpointed the trouble: it was this, that they desired the praise of men rather than the praise of God (John 12:43)" Coffman Comm.

---Again, Rom 3:10-18 is being addressed to the Jews. It does not refer to all mankind having been innately born with total depravity. But instead Paul is proving that the Jew was under sin therefore no better than the Gentile. Paul goes on to prove the Jews were sinners in v12 by saying "They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one." Paul did NOT say they were BORN out of the way nor did he say they were BORN unprofitable but they have GONE and BECOME showing personal culpability in their own sinning and not how they were innately passively born.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Abel was accounted righteous by FAITH! Saving faith that comes to all men according to GRACE, the free gift of God ALONE.

Hebrews 11:4 (KJV) By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Paul does not agree with your understanding regarding the unrighteousness of fallen mankind. All mankind is charged with being under sin. None are exempt, every man is destined to die through sin, without exception. Because every human apart from Christ is unrighteous, and every deed as filthy rags before Him.

Romans 3:9-10 (KJV) What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Abel was righteous by an obedient faith and not by perfect flawless law keeping. Therefore when Paul says 'none are righteous" he must be using 'righteous' in the absolute sense in that none of the Jews were able to keep the law sinlessly perfect therefore none were righteous according to that OT law which required strict, perfect law keeping. Hence the Jews not being able to keep the law perfectly left them under sin and no better than the Gentile.

We know from Romans 1 the Gentiles sinned and Rom 2 the Jews sinned leaving both under sin and need of justification. From the beginning of Rom 3 we see that OT law could not justify for it required perfect, flawless lawkeeping hence none were righteous under that law for they did not keep it perfectly.

Then in Rom 3:21 Paul shows there is another way for Gentile and Jew to be made righteous other than flawless law keeping:
"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;"

"NOW" under the NT dispensation one can be made righteous by an obedient faith without the flawless law keeping as required by the OT law.
Rom 6:16 Paul writes of "obedience unto righteousness" therefore obedience is how one is made righteous by God under the NT.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
These Jews heard the Gospel, and their hearts were pricked, that shows the Word preached pierced their hearts, which is the natural result of the power of the Spirit working through the Gospel in them.

Acts 2:37-41 (KJV) Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Since the Spirit works through the consciences of mankind, it is clear that hearing the Gospel through the power of the Spirit they believed, and gift of the Spirit Peter spoke of was not for salvation but for the supernatural gift of the Spirit to speak in other tongues.

Acts 2:4 (KJV) And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

These were not Jews in unbelief, they were "devout men" meaning already just and good. But they were without knowledge of Christ.

Acts 2:5-8 (KJV) And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Acts 2:14-18 (KJV)
But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Romans 1:16-20 (KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Those Jews belief came by hearing the word of God (Rom 10:17) by Peter preaching it to them. Their belief was not something that was miraculously, unconditionally given them by God separate from their hearing the word of God. If the only way one can have faith is by GOd giving it, then GOd becomes culpable for the faithless.

Peter quoted Joel:
"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Yet Paul in Rom 10:3ff
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report
?

There is an order of events:
one cannot call upon the Lord unless he believes but one cannot believe unless he hears and one cannot hear except preachers be sent to preach to the lost. Hence salvation comes by the word of God being preached, men hear that word, believe that word then call upon the name of the Lord. Calling upon the name of the Lord means DOING what the Lord says (LK 6:46). Hence faith comes by hearing and that faith must then obey by calling upon the name of the Lord for faith alone cannot save apart from calling upon the name of the Lord....

Acts 2:21-------call upon the name of the Lord>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>saved
Acts 2:38-------repent & be baptized >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>saved/sins remitted

Joel's prophecy was fulfilled in v38 by those Jews whose faith obeyed by calling upon the Lord in doing what the Lord said in repenting and being baptized.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those Jews belief came by hearing the word of God (Rom 10:17) by Peter preaching it to them. Their belief was not something that was miraculously, unconditionally given them by God separate from their hearing the word of God. If the only way one can have faith is by GOd giving it, then GOd becomes culpable for the faithless.

Peter quoted Joel:
"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Yet Paul in Rom 10:3ff
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report
?

There is an order of events:
one cannot call upon the Lord unless he believes but one cannot believe unless he hears and one cannot hear except preachers be sent to preach to the lost. Hence salvation comes by the word of God being preached, men hear that word, believe that word then call upon the name of the Lord. Calling upon the name of the Lord means DOING what the Lord says (LK 6:46). Hence faith comes by hearing and that faith must then obey by calling upon the name of the Lord for faith alone cannot save apart from calling upon the name of the Lord....

Acts 2:21-------call upon the name of the Lord>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>saved
Acts 2:38-------repent & be baptized >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>saved/sins remitted

Joel's prophecy was fulfilled in v38 by those Jews whose faith obeyed by calling upon the Lord in doing what the Lord said in repenting and being baptized.
What came first? the chicken or the egg???

Read Genesis my friend, for without it you have no Gospel

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
My Dear Friend, you have me cracking up here...........

Start in Genesis and remember this "the Just shall live by Faith" = "thru Grace you are saved thru Faith" = it is a Gift = not of yourself

Here is a another Diamond for you =
"But even Moses showed in the burning bush passage that the dead are raised, when he called the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ 38For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him.”

Peace and Thank You for your intriguing exegesis from Hebrews = which i believe
What's in Genesis has nothing to do with the topic. The topic is if the thief is an example of NT salvation and Heb 9:16-17; Rom 3:3-6; Rom 10:9 prove he was not therefore not ameanable to Acts 2:38 as we today are who do live under the NT.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's in Genesis has nothing to do with the topic. The topic is if the thief is an example of NT salvation and Heb 9:16-17; Rom 3:3-6; Rom 10:9 prove he was not therefore not ameanable to Acts 2:38 as we today are who do live under the NT.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods

Eggs and chickens have nothing to do with the fact the thief is not an example of NT salvation.

The real point here is the thief CANNOT be used to prove that water baptism is not necessary in being saved for he was not under the NT therefore not ameanable to Acts 2:38. Those that deny the Bible's teachings that water baptism is necessary to be saved will have to invent another idea to get rid of water baptism for the thief does not prove their point.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eggs and chickens have nothing to do with the fact the thief is not an example of NT salvation.

The real point here is the thief CANNOT be used to prove that water baptism is not necessary in being saved for he was not under the NT therefore not ameanable to Acts 2:38. Those that deny the Bible's teachings that water baptism is necessary to be saved will have to invent another idea to get rid of water baptism for the thief does not prove their point.

If you cannot understand Genesis, how can you rightly understand what took place between the NT Covenant on the Cross and the thief next to Him?

Chickens first then eggs

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you cannot understand Genesis, how can you rightly understand what took place between the NT Covenant on the Cross and the thief next to Him?

Chickens first then eggs
If we examine the thief on the cross , WE SEE THE EXAMPLE OF NEW TESTAMENT . HE LOOKED TO JESUS with a repentant heart .
THE THIEF knew , by grace he was evil and had done much evil and DESERVED HIS SENTENCE of death .
BUT right near HIS END we see the true grace of GOD at work which GAVE HIM a repentant heart
and POINTED HIM to the ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE . THIS IS THE NEW TESTAMENT EXAMPLE . BIG TIME .
Folks are too busy trying to call everything legalism . Most folks would call the biblical JESUS
LEGALISTIC in favor of todays all accepting sin accepting jesus so many pastors now preach n teach .
DID JESUS not say , GO YE INTO the WORLD , also TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE all THINGS i have taught .
TODAY we have folks trying to make the biblical JESUS seem as though HIS TEACHINGS applied ONLY to some
and no longer to us today . BUT I SAY EVERY WORD OF JESUS APPLIES . AS I AM SURE YOU DO AGREE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big Picture NT Version:

"But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?
41And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.”"

HALLELUJAH = "a Man who did nothing wrong" punished by death on the Cross = Salvation for all who believe on His Name

And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom

Big Picture NT Version = And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

"But if I cast out demons with the finger of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you."
Exactly . THIS WAS A NEW TESTAMENT example . I had a huge hunch you understood exactly what i was said
in my above said statement . TOO MANY FOLKS DONT like the BIBLICAL JESUS
they too in love with satans version of this sin accepting one . NOT THIS LAMB . No matter the cost
no matter if i have to suffer whips and canes and salt poured into my wounds and then death
THE BIBLICAL JESUS and all HE taught WILL BE MY JESUS . I SHUN this other jesus that satan has made in his own image
back to the darkness from whence it sprang . Lambs love truth , NOT LIES
lambs love pure and holy biblical doctrine , not twisted lies of men . COUNT THE COST my friend
And be prepared to be hated even to the point of prison and death . FOR THIS ALL INCLUSIVE WORLD
will hate us only more and more in the days ahead . BUT THE END of a lamb is GOOD .

• Love
Reactions: rwb and David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we examine the thief on the cross , WE SEE THE EXAMPLE OF NEW TESTAMENT . HE LOOKED TO JESUS with a repentant heart .
THE THIEF knew , by grace he was evil and had done much evil and DESERVED HIS SENTENCE of death .
BUT right near HIS END we see the true grace of GOD at work which GAVE HIM a repentant heart
and POINTED HIM to the ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE . THIS IS THE NEW TESTAMENT EXAMPLE . BIG TIME .
Folks are too busy trying to call everything legalism . Most folks would call the biblical JESUS
LEGALISTIC in favor of todays all accepting sin accepting jesus so many pastors now preach n teach .
DID JESUS not say , GO YE INTO the WORLD , also TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE all THINGS i have taught .
TODAY we have folks trying to make the biblical JESUS seem as though HIS TEACHINGS applied ONLY to some
and no longer to us today . BUT I SAY EVERY WORD OF JESUS APPLIES . AS I AM SURE YOU DO AGREE .

YEAH and AMEN Brother x10000000000000000000

i am amazed by the Mercy and Love of God to include a condemned sinner on the cross next to HIM

Truly the Picture of Amazing Grace

That condemned man next to Jesus could be any one of us

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEAH and AMEN Brother x10000000000000000000

i am amazed by the Mercy and Love of God to include a condemned sinner on the cross next to HIM

Truly the Picture of Amazing Grace
Let us praise the glorious LORD . notice the thief wasnt saying , I am just GOD made me this way , HE REPENTED
HE was led to REPENTANCE and thus unto CHRIST .
TODAY they try and teach us GOD accepts UNREPENTANT SINNERS . THAT AINT TRUE . NEVER HAS NEVER WILL .
GOD leads folks to REPENTANCE of sins , NOT TO ACCEPTANCE OF SINS .
So sad this generation has no idea what that means . EXPOSE THE SIN and the sinner will see HIS DIRE NEEED of a savoir
ACCEPT THE SIN and preach a JESUS and GOD who accepts sin , YOU LED THEM TO THE DRAGON who lies and is the father of said lies .
TOO many people are leading folks to ANOTHER JESUS , to another image of GOD and of HIS CHRIST which is not GOD nor CHRIST
but rather the dragon and that which is of anti christ . folks got no idea they been sold a false love
that honors satan and mocks GOD .

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us praise the glorious LORD . notice the thief wasnt saying , I am just GOD made me this way , HE REPENTED
HE was led to REPENTANCE and thus unto CHRIST .
TODAY they try and teach us GOD accepts UNREPENTANT SINNERS . THAT AINT TRUE . NEVER HAS NEVER WILL .
GOD leads folks to REPENTANCE of sins , NOT TO ACCEPTANCE OF SINS .
So sad this generation has no idea what that means . EXPOSE THE SIN and the sinner will see HIS DIRE NEEED of a savoir
ACCEPT THE SIN and preach a JESUS and GOD who accepts sin , YOU LED THEM TO THE DRAGON who lies and is the father of said lies .
TOO many people are leading folks to ANOTHER JESUS , to another image of GOD and of HIS CHRIST which is not GOD nor CHRIST
but rather the dragon and that which is of anti christ . folks got no idea they been sold a false love
that honors satan and mocks GOD .

Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you."
exactly . Notice , JESUS was speaking TO HIS OWN . TO HIS OWN .
Yet today folks preach any kind of warning about not being decieved is legalism , not trusting in Christ .
YET JESUS warned EVEN HIS OWN TO TAKE HEED . Peter warned the church , paul warned the church
about CONTINUING TO THE END and NOT BEING decieved . YET TODAY when i do so
they say I DONT TRUST IN JESUS . JESUS SAID IT FIRST . SO I TRUST what HE SAID .