A Test Of Reading Comprehension and Honesty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have NEVER said good works can make one righteous before God, but have said over and over OBEDIENCE to God's will is what makes one righteous before God.

This is NOT TRUTH! We are made righteous in the eyes of God by Christ ALONE! It is through His obedience that man is made righteous according to God's grace ALONE through faith ALONE! The faithful obey Christ because they are righteous, not to be made righteous!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, and this is a Great Loss of FORTUNE, many churches do not have the Anointing and they are left with reliance on the intellect.
Intellectual preaching only permits you so far and causes a lot of confusion.

"But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things. I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth." - 1 John 2:20-21

The Anointed Believer in Christ is the HIGHEST Calling and Gifting desired by God for every one of us.
It is what satan fears the most and why he so loves religion to keep us away from that Most Precious Promise from the Father = John/Acts

Peace
But the sheep do not heed these hirelings . They follow the lamb and they feast upon the holy scrips which have and do
make them wise unto salvation through faith in Christ . The lambs do not heed the voices of these great orators
who by excellent speechs and good words have made complicated the truth and reaped destruction upon themselves
and unto all who do heed them . THEY can keep their worldy intellectual ever wise sounding speeches .
All they do is preach confusion and by using ever wise sounding words and strifes of words and so called greek
they preach damnation and destruction unto the simple. But the lambs dont feed from the tables of their dung .
WE FEED FROM THE BIBLE .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the sheep do not heed these hirelings . They follow the lamb and they feast upon the holy scrips which have and do
make them wise unto salvation through faith in Christ . The lambs do not heed the voices of these great orators
who by excellent speechs and good words have made complicated the truth and reaped destruction upon themselves
and unto all who do heed them . THEY can keep their worldy intellectual ever wise sounding speeches .
All they do is preach confusion and by using ever wise sounding words and strifes of words and so called greek
they preach damnation and destruction unto the simple. But the lambs dont feed from the tables of their dung .
WE FEED FROM THE BIBLE .
Chief Shepherd of our souls = "these words I speak to you, they are Spirit and they are LIFE"

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sooner the churches realize that these wise men do nothing but pander to men and unto themselves
THE BETTER off they will be for having done so.
Todays sermons are mostly packed with the reasonings of carnal men who sound ever wise
and those who sit under them have long forgotten that carnal wisdom and intellect CAN NEVER and WILL NEVER lead one to GOD .
For carnal wisdom , the carnal mind is enmity with GOD and at most all they can do is always be learning
always sounding very wise , YET NEVER ABLE to come to the truth , let alone guide anyone else to THE TRUTH
that they themselves have never attained too in the FIRST place . OPEN BIBLES and LEARN GOD , LEARN CHRIST for yourselves .

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read the Bible verses and then answer the multiple choice questions.

Question: What did Jesus say in Mark 16:15-16?

Mark 16:15-16,
-And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach the GOSPEL to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

Did Jesus say?

a) he that does not believe and is not baptized will be saved...
b) he that believes and is saved will then be baptized...
c) he that believes and is baptized will be saved...
d) he that does not believe but is baptized will be saved....

If you answered a)
Incorrect
You might be a Muslim or Jew or atheist for they believe no one is saved by Jesus.

If you answered a)
Incorrect
You might be a universalist because everyone is going to heaven despite what one believes.

If you answered b)
Incorrect
You might be a follower of the reformed, protestant doctrines of the 15th to 16th century i.e. Faith Onlyism.

If you answered d)
Incorrect
You might be a catholic for babies do not believe yet are baptized to be saved.

If you answered c)
Correct
You might be an alien sinner who is searching for the truth.

If you answered c)
Correct
You might be a Bible believing christian.

If you failed this test, you either need help with comprehension, or you may have been indoctrinated into false doctrines conceived from blind men.

Those with honest hearts and basic English comprehension skills will answer c)
What about the repentant thief on the cross?
How was he saved?

Reactions: mailmandan

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
This is NOT TRUTH! We are made righteous in the eyes of God by Christ ALONE! It is through His obedience that man is made righteous according to God's grace ALONE through faith ALONE! The faithful obey Christ because they are righteous, not to be made righteous!
"obedience unto righteousness" Rom 6:16
"Obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine, being then made freed from sin" Rom 6:17-18

Obedience to God is how one is made righteous in the eyes of God. Disobedience/wrong doing never made one righteous.

Reactions: Titus

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
The Thief IS an example of PROMISED Salvation...would BE Accomplished THAT DAY.

Saul IS an example of PROMISED Salvation....would BE Accomplished unto Paul.

Disbelief, IN God....is being AGAINST God.
Disbelief, IN Jesus IS the Christ....is being AGAINST Jesus.

Confession of True Heartful Belief, OVERCOMES, the Disbelief.
True Belief, is by, through, of....a mans expressed Word.
True Belief, Accepted by the Lord God....is responded by the Lord God, with Forgiveness.

(examples....the Thief, Saul....BOTH spoke directly to Lord Jesus...of THEIR Belief...Repentance accomplished/ accepted...Forgiveness Given).

Thief, acknowledges Lord Jesus is God, Lord Jesus is without wrong doing, Lord Jesus IS King, and this Thief desires to BE in the Lord Gods Remembrance.

Luke 23:
[40] But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
[41] And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
[42] And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Acts: 9:
[1] And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
[2] And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
[3] And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
[4] And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
[5] And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Saul’s acknowledgement and submission...
Acts 9:
[6] And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Acts 13:
[9] Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him...

A man Acknowledging the Lord God, is Acknowledging his belief.
God searches the mans heart, that his confession be true...or not.
TRUE? The man receives forgiveness for having HAD not believed.
The thief is not an example of NT gospel salvation for us today for the thief did not live inder the NT (Heb 9:15-17)therefore not ameanable, not accountable to Acts 2:38; Rom 6:3-5; Rom 10:9 as we today are under the NT. Paul was under the NT therefore had to be water baptized per Acts 2:38 for when he went to the city he was commanded to arise, be baptized whereas the thief was not under the NT as Paul.

Last edited:

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
i SEE exactly what Romans says.

#1 Jesus is the One we confess to for Salvation
#2 Thief has NT confession of faith = "i deserve death for my sins" AND "this Man(Jesus) has done nothing wrong"
#3 Dead men have no Kingdom
#4 Thief believes unto Eternal Life thru Jesus the Messiah = "remember me when you enter into your Kingdom"
#5 Jesus has power on earth to forgive sins BEFORE the Cross
#6 Jesus has fulfilled ALL, was ripped open (Isaiah) and is FULLY NAILED to the CROSS with NT BLOOD pouring Out for the world.

And now for the PERFECT 7

#7 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him;

Chickens before eggs
God draws men by His word (Jn 6:45) when men have been "taught" "heard" and "learned" then man of his free will cometh unto Christ. The thief was not living under the NT therefore he was not drawn by the gospel for it was not yet in effect therefore he was not accountable (Heb 9:15-17) to it as we today are ameanable to it..

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thief is not an wxample of NT gospel salvation for us today for the thief did not live inder the NT (Heb 9:15-17)therefore not ameanable, not accountable to Acts 2:38; Rom 6:3-5; Rom 10:9 as we today are under the NT. Paul was under the NT therefore had to be water baptized per Acts 2:38 for when he went to the city he was commanded to arise, be baptized whereas the thief was not under the NT as Paul.

Disagree.

OT men who believed in God, on the day of their physical death....received their soul salvation at that time. They will be (After the millennial reign) Spirit born again and Raised in a glorified body. Same today. (That applied to the Man hanging next to Jesus. His soul was saved.)

NT men (after Jesus’ resurrection) and forward, who believe IN and Confess their belief IN God and Christ Jesus....receive their soul salvation AND born again spirit at that time, of Confession. They shall be Raised in a glorified body and participate in Christ Jesus’ millennial reign.

A man receiving the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, IS the mans spirit being born again, BY Gods circumcision of their Heart and they receiving the SEED of God. <—-That has nothing to do with water.

Glory to God,
Taken

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God draws men by His word (Jn 6:45) when men have been "taught" "heard" and "learned" then man of his free will cometh unto Christ. The thief was not living under the NT therefore he was not drawn by the gospel for it was not yet in effect therefore he was not accountable (Heb 9:15-17) to it as we today are ameanable to it..
You said: "The thief was not living under the NT therefore he was not drawn by the gospel for it was not yet in effect therefore he was not accountable."

Your statement is hysterically illogical and ridiculous in Light of the Walking Talking Breathing Gospel Himself.

lolx10000000

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What should be obvious to all Bible believing folks is that the Thief on the cross could not be subject to the new testament gospel of Jesus Christ. No way!
Paul taught the gospel in 1Corinthians 15:1-4.
Paul said the death, burial and ressurection is the gospel of Christ.
One MUST believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins was buried and ressurected from the dead. Folks, The Thief never new Jesus ressurected from the dead!!!! He could not believe the gospel Paul preached. Unless you want to change the gospel of Christ to death only belief.
Earnest T Bass has the correct answer.

Joke time:
"Hello I'm a christian and I'd like to share the gospel with you."
Prospect: "Well ok
"Good, let me tell you about Jesus"
Prospect: "I heard this before, can I just be saved like the thief on the cross"?
"Absolutely!"
Prospect: How?
"Well you must believe that Jesus died for your sins was buried and rose from the dead"
Prospect: "No I dont!" Cause if I'm gonna die crucified on a cross next to Jesus I'm not staying alive on this cross for three days to believe He rose from the dead!"

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What should be obvious to all Bible believing folks is that the Thief on the cross could not be subject to the new testament gospel of Jesus Christ. No way!
Paul taught the gospel in 1Corinthians 15:1-4.
Paul said the death, burial and ressurection is the gospel of Christ.
One MUST believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins was buried and ressurected from the dead. Folks, The Thief never new Jesus ressurected from the dead!!!! He could not believe the gospel Paul preached. Unless you want to change the gospel of Christ to death only belief.
Earnest T Bass has the correct answer.

Joke time:
"Hello I'm a christian and I'd like to share the gospel with you."
Prospect: "Well ok
"Good, let me tell you about Jesus"
Prospect: "I heard this before, can I just be saved like the thief on the cross"?
"Absolutely!"
Prospect: How?
"Well you must believe that Jesus died for your sins was buried and rose from the dead"
Prospect: "No I dont!" Cause if I'm gonna die crucified on a cross next to Jesus I'm not staying alive on this cross for three days to believe He rose from the dead!"

Matthew 26:27
Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.
For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

His blood was being poured out for our sins BEFORE HE died on the Cross = Isaiah 53:4-6
Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,

And by His stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

READ all about it = By His STRIPES we are healed and HE was wounded for our transgressions!!!

Don't be a joker when you can be a BELIEVER............

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He that believeth will be SAVED, but he WHO DOES NOT believe will be CONDEMNED!

Baptism is a witness of our own D,B,& R in Christ to fellow believers nothing else.

BELIEVING not baptism is the key to a relationship with God!
Amen! Mark 16:16 - He who believes and is baptized will be saved (general cases without making a qualification for the unusual case of someone who believes but is not baptized) but he who does not believe will be condemned. The omission of baptized with "does not believe" shows that Jesus does not make baptism absolutely necessary for salvation. Condemnation rests on unbelief, not on a lack of baptism. So salvation rests on belief. *NOWHERE does the Bible say "baptized or condemned."

If water baptism is absolutely required for salvation, then why did Jesus not mention it in the following verses? (3:15,16,18; 5:24; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26). What is the ONE requirement that Jesus mentions 9 different times in each of these complete statements? *BELIEVES. *What happened to baptism? *Hermeneutics.

John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Reactions: David in NJ

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i SEE exactly what Romans says.

#1 Jesus is the One we confess to for Salvation
#2 Thief has NT confession of faith = "i deserve death for my sins" AND "this Man(Jesus) has done nothing wrong"
#3 Dead men have no Kingdom
#4 Thief believes unto Eternal Life thru Jesus the Messiah = "remember me when you enter into your Kingdom"
#5 Jesus has power on earth to forgive sins BEFORE the Cross
#6 Jesus has fulfilled ALL, was ripped open (Isaiah) and is FULLY NAILED to the CROSS with NT BLOOD pouring Out for the world.

And now for the PERFECT 7

#7 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him;

Chickens before eggs
Amen! Luke 23:39 Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, “If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”
(For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned - Matthew 12:37)

40 But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.” 42 Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”
(For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned - Matthew 12:37)

43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the repentant thief on the cross?
How was he saved?
A common argument used by water-salvationists in an attempt to "get around" the thief on the cross being saved through faith "apart from water baptism" is, "the thief was not subject to baptism because he died under the OT mandate." Well, John's baptism preceded the death of Jesus, which still leaves us under the OT mandate and in Mark 1:4 and Luke 3:3, read about a "baptism of repentance for the remission of sins." Now was this baptism of repentance FOR (in order to obtain) the remission of sins or was it or FOR (in regards to/on the basis of) the remission of sins received upon repentance? It would have to be the latter in order to agree with the OT mandate argument from water-salvationists. They can't have it both ways.

In John 3:11, we read - I baptize you with water FOR repentance.. Now was this baptism FOR (in order to obtain) repentance or FOR (in regards to/on the basis of) remission of sins received upon repentance? If translated "in order to obtain" the verse does not make sense. I baptize you with water FOR (in order to obtain) repentance? or I baptize you with water FOR (in regards to/on the basis of) repentance? Obviously, the latter. So the water baptism is not necessary for salvation under the OT mandate, but is necessary for salvation under the NT mandate argument is bogus and doesn't hold water.

In Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first. Peter is saying "repent unto the remission of your sins," the same as in Acts 3:19. The clause "each one of you be baptized" is parenthetical. This is exactly what Acts 3:19 teaches except that Peter omits the parenthesis.

So under the OT and NT mandate, salvation is through belief/faith "apart from water baptism" (Luke 7:50; 8:12; John 1:12; 3:15,16,18,36; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26; Acts 10:43-47; 11:17-18; 13:39; 15:8,9; 16:31; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5-6; 5:1; 1 Corinthians 1:21; Galatians 2:16; 3:26; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9; 2 Timothy 3:15; 1 John 5:13 etc..).

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 26:27
Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.
For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

His blood was being poured out for our sins BEFORE HE died on the Cross = Isaiah 53:4-6
Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten
Christ's new will and testament, His gospel was not in force when He,
He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you.
Hebrews 9:15-17,
- And for this reason Jesus is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of  death for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
- For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
-For a testament is in force AFTER MEN ARE DEAD, SINCE IT HAS NO POWER AT ALL WHILE THE TESTATOR LIVES.
Jesus was still living when He instituted the Lords supper. His disciples at that time were in a saved relationship with Jesus because they obeyed the law of Moses because John's baptism is under the old law, old testament.
Impossible to believe, have faith in the new testament gospel, 1Corinthians 15:1-4 before Jesus ressurected from the dead.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A common argument used by water-salvationists in an attempt to "get around" the thief on the cross being saved through faith "apart from water baptism" is, "the thief was not subject to baptism because he died under the OT mandate." Well, John's baptism preceded the death of Jesus, which still leaves us under the OT mandate and in Mark 1:4 and Luke 3:3, read about a "baptism of repentance for the remission of sins." Now was this baptism of repentance FOR (in order to obtain) the remission of sins or was it or FOR (in regards to/on the basis of) the remission of sins received upon repentance? It would have to be the latter in order to agree with the OT mandate argument from water-salvationists. They can't have it both ways.

In John 3:11, we read - I baptize you with water FOR repentance.. Now was this baptism FOR (in order to obtain) repentance or FOR (in regards to/on the basis of) remission of sins received upon repentance? If translated "in order to obtain" the verse does not make sense. I baptize you with water FOR (in order to obtain) repentance? or I baptize you with water FOR (in regards to/on the basis of) repentance? Obviously, the latter. So the water baptism is not necessary for salvation under the OT mandate, but is necessary for salvation under the NT mandate argument is bogus and doesn't hold water.

In Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first. Peter is saying "repent unto the remission of your sins," the same as in Acts 3:19. The clause "each one of you be baptized" is parenthetical. This is exactly what Acts 3:19 teaches except that Peter omits the parenthesis.

So under the OT and NT mandate, salvation is through belief/faith "apart from water baptism" (Luke 7:50; 8:12; John 1:12; 3:15,16,18,36; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26; Acts 10:43-47; 11:17-18; 13:39; 15:8,9; 16:31; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5-6; 5:1; 1 Corinthians 1:21; Galatians 2:16; 3:26; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9; 2 Timothy 3:15; 1 John 5:13 etc..).
A friendly to reminder to all that has breath . NEVER FOLLOW the RCC , this Pope francis , not calvin either .
FOLLOW CHRIST and learn them BIBLES WELL .
Okay , you all may return to the topic at hand .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's new will and testament, His gospel was not in force when He,

Hebrews 9:15-17,
- And for this reason Jesus is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of  death for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
- For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
-For a testament is in force AFTER MEN ARE DEAD, SINCE IT HAS NO POWER AT ALL WHILE THE TESTATOR LIVES.
Jesus was still living when He instituted the Lords supper. His disciples at that time were in a saved relationship with Jesus because they obeyed the law of Moses because John's baptism is under the old law, old testament.
Impossible to believe, have faith in the new testament gospel, 1Corinthians 15:1-4 before Jesus ressurected from the dead.
Right now you are unaware as to how ridiculous it is to say that the thief who believed was not saved by the LORD.

the the LIVING BREATHING BLEEDING NT nailed to the Cross SAVED the Thief who BELIEVED

Please go back and READ the Gospel of John

Reactions: amigo de christo