A very simple question.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How can you have a relationship with Him if you cant hear what He has said?

Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Because I know Him and best of all He knows me. Hes not deaf.

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Abiding Grace

Aug 24, 2009
Arizona
Faith
Country
United States
Hello I have been involved in a debate in the testimony forum. Testimonial Forum

Its getting out of hand and like most disccussions it has grown all out of proportion.

This is the heart of the discussion,

Are tounges for all its really simple yes or no question if you know the scriptures in reguard to tounges.

We Have one side of the debate saying God Does Not Want All Speaking In Tounges. And uses this verse as proof.

Proof being that clearly all dont have these gifts
Hello I have been involved in a debate in the testimony forum. Testimonial Forum

Its getting out of hand and like most disccussions it has grown all out of proportion.

Are tounges for all its really simple yes or no question if you know the scriptures in reguard to tounges.

We Have one side of the debate saying God Does Not Want All Speaking In Tounges. And uses this verse as proof.

1Cor 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

The other side quotes this verse

1Cor 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues,

Proof being clearly stated what God/Paul wants for all.

So I would like to ask the learned people the leaders Or at the very least the staff who run the site.forum. The people who are prepared to stand on the day of Judgement and face God. James 3:1/ My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
This is for misteaching Gods word.

This is not about who right and whos wrong. This is about truth of Gods word.

Thank you

1Cor 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

So I would like to ask the learned people the leaders Or at the very least the staff who run the site.forum. The people who are prepared to stand on the day of Judgement and face God. James 3:1/ My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Thank you

I'm new here and as such I don't know the persons involved in this thread.

My two cents.

This is not a yes or no answer. It encompasses questions such as what a continuist believes and what a cessationist believes. Then there is the issue of who gets what gift from the Holy Spirit.

It's not a simple answer, it's complex.

There are a series of videos that were made at the Strange Fire conference hosted at John MacArthur's church.

These questions have many jumping off places. I predict you won't get a truly satisfactory answer because scripture isn't crystal clear.

God Bless.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
That implies you know Him because you spent time with Him. You and him. Not church not gathering not church meeting. But time with Him alone. You only get to know someone by spending time with them.
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Not sure why you think this verse adds to your view that we dont have to do anything unless told to. This actully is talking to people like you who dont believe you have anything to do.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me
This verse also points out that the ones who know Him follow Him. and do His will on the earth and clearly Gods will is to heal all thrpugh believers.

Matt 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
But he who does the will of My Father. Jesus is clearly saying we have something to do. You think we dont do anything.

We are to follow Him and do the works He done. There is nothing else for it. We are to do the workd He done and Jesus said we will do even greater because He goes to the Father.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But time with Him alone. You only get to know someone by spending time with them.
AMen. Exactly...
This verse also points out that the ones who know Him follow Him. and do His will on the earth and clearly Gods will is to heal all thrpugh believers.
Exactly, we are here to do His will, Remember Moses 40 years in the desert, DAvid and all His trials, Joseph thrown in prison, we go when we are sent not becsuder it feels good.

We are to follow Him and do the works He done. There is nothing else for it. We are to do the workd He done and Jesus said we will do even greater because He goes to the Father.

When He tells you what to do. Without Him we can do nothing.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is only selfisness on our part
No its being obedient. Notice here

Mar 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
Mar 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
Mar 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

Than He says

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So do you know what they need to hear. I sure dont... I would rather tell someone what they need to hear that just rant on.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok you win we dont have a commision and can sit on our butts until we feel lead, even though God said you DONT go on feelings.
Its not as if Jesus layed down His life for the whole world is it? He only had some in mind which He will lead as to when He feels like it and that is very very rare. The good news for some fantastic.

You never answerd my last question.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No it doesnt say that. show me one scripture that says wait until you are told there is not one. That is only selfisness on our part
No this one.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok you win we dont have a commision and can sit on our butts
No you dont have a commision , it is Christ who sends if He hasnt sent you, than you shouldnt be going. Its no a feeling, you will know. Everyone wants to be gods favourite, there are none. If God opens a door than you gto through it, if He shuts a door than uou stay away from it. Its called being "led by the spirit" something christian who should be doing . dont.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No you dont have a commision , it is Christ who sends if He hasnt sent you, than you shouldnt be going. Its no a feeling, you will know. Everyone wants to be gods favourite, there are none. If God opens a door than you gto through it, if He shuts a door than uou stay away from it. Its called being "led by the spirit" something christian who should be doing . dont.
So why do you have the power of life and death in your tounge?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So why do you have the power of life and death in your tounge?

Tell me which part of this is life and which part of this is death..

Jas 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

That is why we have teh power of life and deeath in our mouths,

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Tell me which part of this is life and which part of this is death..

Jas 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

That is why we have teh power of life and deeath in our mouths,
If you think so.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the establishment of Christianity on Pentecost 33 C.E. that would involve not just Jews locally but also "devout Jews from every nation under heaven" (Acts 2:5), there was now a need for extraordinary measures, such as speaking in different "tongues", in making known "the good news of the Kingdom......to all the nations".(Matt 24:14; see Acts 1:8)

The need thus arose for "speaking in different languages"(Acts 2:4), for without this extraordinary measure caused by God, many who were there in Jerusalem for this occasion, though a Jew, would not be as able to understand "the magnificent things of God" as readily (Acts 2:11), that was now being proclaimed in "his own native language", due to coming from such distant places as Rome, Italy, Elam located on the Persian Gulf or southern Iraq to the island of Crete to Libya in north Africa to Arabia.(Acts 2:8-11)

The apostle Paul realized that after Jesus established the Christian congregation in 33 C.E., that it was like a child that required considerable help to become established, using "spiritual gifts", such as "different tongues"(1 Cor 12:28) to carry it along until it became "grown".(1 Cor 12:1)

So, at 1 Corinthians 13, he stressed the necessity of showing love that exceeded the value of the other "gifts", saying: "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a clanging gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy and understand all the sacred secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all the faith to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and If I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I do not benefit at all".(1 Cor 13:1-3)

Paul establishes that agape love will always remain while the extraordinary "spiritual gifts", such as speaking in tongues" will cease, saying: "Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is (supernatural) knowledge, it will be done away with".(1 Cor 13:8)

Paul now illustrates this: "When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, to think as a child, to reason as a child; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a child".(1 Cor 13:11) Thence, when the Christian congregation reached ' becoming a man ' from being a child, it no longer required the miraculous "spiritual gifts" to support it.

In our day, the Christian congregation is now grown, without the need for the extraordinary help from our Maker, Jehovah God, as in the 1st century. In these "last days" (2 Tim 3:1), the Christian congregation is full grown in grasping what the Bible really teaches and using modern technology and its capabilities, it can handle the monumental task of seeing that the people of the some 6,800 languages and dialects around the earth can have "the good news of the Kingdom" printed and taught in their mother tongue before ' the end comes '.(see Matt 24:14)

So, there is no longer any need for the miraculous "speaking in tongues", that day having passed away in the 1st century, but love will always remain.(1 Cor 13:13)

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the establishment of Christianity on Pentecost 33 C.E. that would involve not just Jews locally but also "devout Jews from every nation under heaven" (Acts 2:5), there was now a need for extraordinary measures, such as speaking in different "tongues", in making known "the good news of the Kingdom......to all the nations".(Matt 24:14; see Acts 1:8)

The need thus arose for "speaking in different languages"(Acts 2:4), for without this extraordinary measure caused by God, many who were there in Jerusalem for this occasion, though a Jew, would not be as able to understand "the magnificent things of God" as readily (Acts 2:11), that was now being proclaimed in "his own native language", due to coming from such distant places as Rome, Italy, Elam located on the Persian Gulf or southern Iraq to the island of Crete to Libya in north Africa to Arabia.(Acts 2:8-11)

The apostle Paul realized that after Jesus established the Christian congregation in 33 C.E., that it was like a child that required considerable help to become established, using "spiritual gifts", such as "different tongues"(1 Cor 12:28) to carry it along until it became "grown".(1 Cor 12:1)

So, at 1 Corinthians 13, he stressed the necessity of showing love that exceeded the value of the other "gifts", saying: "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels but do not have love, I have become a clanging gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy and understand all the sacred secrets and all knowledge, and if I have all the faith to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my belongings to feed others, and If I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I do not benefit at all".(1 Cor 13:1-3)

Paul establishes that agape love will always remain while the extraordinary "spiritual gifts", such as speaking in tongues" will cease, saying: "Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is (supernatural) knowledge, it will be done away with".(1 Cor 13:8)

Paul now illustrates this: "When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, to think as a child, to reason as a child; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a child".(1 Cor 13:11) Thence, when the Christian congregation reached ' becoming a man ' from being a child, it no longer required the miraculous "spiritual gifts" to support it.

In our day, the Christian congregation is now grown, without the need for the extraordinary help from our Maker, Jehovah God, as in the 1st century. In these "last days" (2 Tim 3:1), the Christian congregation is full grown in grasping what the Bible really teaches and using modern technology and its capabilities, it can handle the monumental task of seeing that the people of the some 6,800 languages and dialects around the earth can have "the good news of the Kingdom" printed and taught in their mother tongue before ' the end comes '.(see Matt 24:14)

So, there is no longer any need for the miraculous "speaking in tongues", that day having passed away in the 1st century, but love will always remain.(1 Cor 13:13)

I disagree with the idea that the Christian Church started at Pentecost. The Christian Church was founded for both the Jews and the Gentiles. But it is a scriptural fact that Peter did not understand that the Gentiles were to be included. Only Paul gave us the true message to build the Church on. It is called grace.

Jesus came with the message for the Jews that their promised Kingdom was at hand. It is a scriptural fact that what Jesus offered was for the Jews only. I call it "the gospel of the kingdom". No where do we see Jesus, Peter and the other 11(12) setting aside the Law of Moses.

Since the Jews rejected Jesus and His kingdom God had a hidden gospel of grace that Jesus gave to Paul, for the Church and it was not built on the Law of Moses. But, it is clear to see that the world today rejects Paul's gospel of God's grace by mixing law keeping with it. God did all that is necessary for man's salvation on the cross but man still thinks he can be saved by what he does or does not do.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone ever read what any
I disagree with the idea that the Christian Church started at Pentecost. The Christian Church was founded for both the Jews and the Gentiles. But it is a scriptural fact that Peter did not understand that the Gentiles were to be included. Only Paul gave us the true message to build the Church on. It is called grace.

Jesus came with the message for the Jews that their promised Kingdom was at hand. It is a scriptural fact that what Jesus offered was for the Jews only. I call it "the gospel of the kingdom". No where do we see Jesus, Peter and the other 11(12) setting aside the Law of Moses.

Since the Jews rejected Jesus and His kingdom God had a hidden gospel of grace that Jesus gave to Paul, for the Church and it was not built on the Law of Moses. But, it is clear to see that the world today rejects Paul's gospel of God's grace by mixing law keeping with it. God did all that is necessary for man's salvation on the cross but man still thinks he can be saved by what he does or does not do.
Where you not in another post telling us what te children of God should not be doing?

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, Christianity "was founded for both Jews and Gentiles (people of the nations)". Jesus established Christianity (for its name comes from Christ) that went into full operation on Pentecost 33 C.E. with the outpouring of holy spirit.(Acts 2:4) In 1513 B.C.E., Jehovah God established the nation of Israel, gathering all of Abraham's descendants in Egypt as one and released them from its bondage by force of 10 plagues on the land so as occupy "the land of Canaan" as their inheritance.(Gen 12:7; Exodus chps 7-12; 12:37-39)

In so doing, God also established how he wanted to be worshipped by giving the nation of Israel some 600 laws that were inclusive in the Mosaic Law covenant. However, this arrangement was not permanent, but was to become obsolete when the Messiah provided "a corresponding ransom" for mankind (1 Tim 2:6), balancing the scales of justice, a perfect man for a perfect man, being called the "last Adam".(1 Cor 15:45)

Thus, when Jesus arrived in 29 C.E. as the promised Messiah (at the end of the ' 69th week ', Dan 9:24, 25), he established the framework for Christianity that would replace Judaism, first by selecting 12 apostles who would head the Christian congregation after his death and resurrection.(Mark 3:14)

He told his disciples: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but keep waiting for what the Father has promised, about which you heard from me, for John, indeed, baptized with water, but you will be baptized with holy spirit not many days after this".(Acts 1:4, 5) With the outpouring of holy spirit on about the 120 in Jerusalem on Pentecost 33 C.E., began the Christian congregation, that later would include both Samaritans and other "people of the nations".(Acts 8:25; 10:22, 34, 35, 45)

Hence, Jesus kept "the covenant (Abrahamic covenant [not Mosaic Law covenant which was fulfilled on Nisan 14, 33 C.E. and thus became obsolete, Heb 8:13, being replaced by the "new covenant" for "a kingdom", Luke 22:29] ) in force for the many for one week (or 70th week of years)" until "people of the nations" were brought into the Christian congregation in 36 C.E.(Dan 9:27)

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States

Thank you

Is "speaking in tongues" from Satan or Christ? Which one is the divider, Satan or Christ?