A very simple question.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are tounges for all its really simple yes or no question if you know the scriptures in reguard to tounges.
GINOLJC, this is not a yes or no question. May I make a suggestion?, you need to clarify the tonge/tonges question you are asking about. your question do not make it a simple yes or no question. let me explain. there are 3 types of tongues. 1. unknown tongue, (1 Corinthians 14:2 "For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries"). 2. Other tongue, (Isaiah 28:11 "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people, as well as Acts 2:4). this is not just only "OTHER" tongues/language. this is closely related to the last tongue, A NEW TONGUE, "(Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues). a New tongue is not just another/other tongue, meaning a different language.

so you might want to specify your tongue you want a yes or no on

Peace in Christ Jesus/Yeshua

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
By then it'll be too late. Why risk it?

Matt 24:37-39 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
but have we not already been promised that no more floods will occur? I suggest that you have been raised to think logically, and this has trapped you into a pov, and led you to assumptions about the future--known as "seeing" or "divining"--that are not true, and will not serve you.

But again, this convo might best be had then, and all i can really say now is that i will not be faulting you even then, ok. New believers have been led into these assumptions for thousands of years, and i guess they will be for many more. This pov is discussed in many places in Scripture; i would say that you are being talked about behind your back, so to speak, but the same passages that i read you can read also.
False wheat certainly do not preach Grace salvation and the finished work of the cross. :rolleyes:
are you sure? How do you know? Understand that when you do not appear here Sept 25th, yet it is obvious that no one else has been taken up--to make an assumption, for now--then you will be demonstrating imo why this pov of "finished work" is not adequate, and why James is. And should you appear then, you will also demonstrate it; either Grace, or the lack of it.
Not all believers look forward to the rapture? Well they should, it's their eternal state. Jesus talks about those who are asleep to His coming..

Matt 24:37-39 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

1 Thess 5:1-8 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 7For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

Rev 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
well, all i can tell you is that you are literally interpreting passages meant to be taken spiritually, and there are other, more personally applicable interpretations.

Of course He does. Believing is having faith. They are the same thing bbyrd. What are we believing in??
well, i suggest to you that "belief" and "faith" are two different things, that i have already given the Greek words for, and Scripture disagrees with you in more than one place.
1 John 5 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
The words "belief" and "faith" are translations of the Greek, and i would let Lex be your guide in understanding what is being discussed imo. Satan also believes, God can make believers from rocks, etc.

I would think those who deny and are asleep to the Rev 12 sign need to put their affairs in order, no? It's a dangerous place to be in, not knowing if you have eternal life?
no one knows if they have "eternal life," Heb, you can only have the "hope of salvation," "13 He who holds out to the end is saved," wherein you might get another reflection of "left behind" in that link if you will but see it.

However this is an ancient division, it split the Anabaptists into Amish and Mennonite, etc, so i am not suggesting that my word is the final one here by any means. But i can suggest that automatically including yourself in some group of "We" that can claim to be saved, and thus somehow different from others, is quite self-serving at least, and comes dangerously close to the Pharisee's Prayer, and other illuminations of hypocrisy in the Book, at least imo. It is a source of pride, which should be a red flag.

The passage in Rev 12 is a wonderful exposition, full of symbology, that may be spiritually applied to one's walk, or misused to divine some prognosticated future that will not occur at the herd level. It is about the Revelation of Christ in a seeker who overcomes, and not a "soft landing" for people who have no desire to do the hard thing, as imo Sept 25th is going to clarify for us. Have a good afternoon.

Last edited:

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
but have we not already been promised that no more floods will occur? I suggest that you have been raised to think logically, and this has trapped you into a pov, and led you to assumptions about the future--known as "seeing" or "divining"--that are not true, and will not serve you.

God is describing what it'll be like at His second coming, how it'll be business as usual upon rapture and how everyone ignores the watchmen on the wall and does not repent.

i would say that you are being talked about behind your back, so to speak,

lol, good.

Understand that when you do not appear here Sept 25th, yet it is obvious that no one else has been taken up

As of 5/11/17, I rather be awake and wrong then asleep and right.

The words "belief" and "faith" are translations of the Greek, and i would let Lex be your guide in understanding what is being discussed imo. Satan also believes, God can make believers from rocks, etc.

But we're not talking about rocks, we're talking about salvation through Christ. Belief and faith are synonyms.

no one knows if they have "eternal life," Heb, you can only have the "hope of salvation,

Oh really. :rolleyes:

1 John 5:9-14 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

Heb 6:16-20 People swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. 17Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

"13 He who holds out to the end is saved," wherein you might get another reflection of "left behind" in that link if you will but see it.

Matt 24:13 is referring to tribulation saints who make it to the end of the 70th week. It has nothing to do with the church age.

But i can suggest that automatically including yourself in some group of "We" that can claim to be saved, and thus somehow different from others, is quite self-serving at least, and comes dangerously close to the Pharisee's Prayer, and other illuminations of hypocrisy in the Book, at least imo. It is a source of pride, which should be a red flag.

Well, let's all thank God that our testimonies don't depend on what man thinks of them. :rolleyes:

The passage in Rev 12 is a wonderful exposition, full of symbology, that may be spiritually applied to one's walk, or misused to divine some prognosticated future that will not occur at the herd level.

Well, it's actually being fulfilled and occurring as we speak. Virgo is pregnant with Jupiter right now. It's time to wake up bbyrd.

It is about the Revelation of Christ in a seeker who overcomes, and not a "soft landing" for people who have no desire to do the hard thing,

and who is it that overcomes? There's that word "believe" again....

1 John 5:4-5 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Faith in what? what is the commison and how do you do the commision on a daily basis?
And what has been the sucsees rate?

Faith in the Good News
Faith in Jesus Christ and his ransom of us from sin and death.
Faith that God will soon act in our behalf.
Faith that doing Gods Will and living by his laws is the best thing for us.
Faith that Gods Sovereignty is the most superior and only Sovereignty we need to live happy fulfilling lives.

And we put this faith into practice by remaining no part of Satans world, upholding Gods laws and standards in our life and carrying on the work the Christ started in preaching the Good news of the Kingdom...ie, speaking to others about our faith and helping them to come to God through his word the bible.

The success will be seen after Armageddon when 'the great crowd' of Revelation 7:9-10 survive the coming great tribulation and
live on into Gods new world of righteousness.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
So I am still looking for what that looks like today in your life? What are you doing with the good news that requires faith?

I guess its seen in the decisions I make in my life. How I apply Gods laws when I'm behind closed doors and when no one can see what i'm doing. If we truly believe in what we read in the bible, we should apply it. We should have love of neighbour and that should be seen in how we treat people. God is watching how we apply his laws in our life. And he is watching for how we respond to what we read in the bible. When we read Jesus words to his disciples to 'Go and teach and make disciples of people of all the nations' how far are we willing to follow that instruction? Helping others come to know God is very important...but you can't help others come to know and practice if you don't do it yourself. So practising Christianity, walking the in the footsteps of Jesus is the way we prove what we are.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Faith in the Good News
Faith in Jesus Christ and his ransom of us from sin and death.
Faith that God will soon act in our behalf.
Faith that doing Gods Will and living by his laws is the best thing for us.
Faith that Gods Sovereignty is the most superior and only Sovereignty we need to live happy fulfilling lives.

And we put this faith into practice by remaining no part of Satans world, upholding Gods laws and standards in our life and carrying on the work the Christ started in preaching the Good news of the Kingdom...ie, speaking to others about our faith and helping them to come to God through his word the bible.

The success will be seen after Armageddon when 'the great crowd' of Revelation 7:9-10 survive the coming great tribulation and
live on into Gods new world of righteousness.
You lnpw for the forst time in a long tome I am drunk in my house. And what ever you think of that. I dont know. But tell you what i do know. you never answerd my question. Faith in Jesus is good.
Faith that God will act on our behalf is redundent. we already know that.
Gods will yada yada what is that? Come on. God has two laws You know that. It not about us now we are savwed. It about the unsaved. eh? He loves us what more you need,?
Gods soverinyty We all as cHRISTIANS KNOW WHAT gOD IS .

I CANT BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE CALLING FAITH. Sorry caps drunk here.

Hmmmm. Jesus told you to do the things I do. He said you will do greater things than I do. I can clearly see you dont really know much about that. I really would like to show you AND AL OTERS WHAT i HAVE SEEN AND DONE. I cant reaallty

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
HOW WILL THEY KNOW LEAST SOMEONE TELLS THEM? That would be YOU unless you were not called to that either?
A lot of christians have being told, and right now I can gaurantee they are far from heaven, whats it say

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

teh other thing

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Who does teh sending, have you being sent??

I doubt there would be too many Christians who would not speak of teh things of God given teh oportunity, as I have many times, but not unless He opens the door, We have big mouth and big feet, and have a habit ou putting our feet in it.

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God is describing what it'll be like at His second coming, how it'll be business as usual upon rapture and how everyone ignores the watchmen on the wall and does not repent.
it strikes me that the average man is virtually consumed, obsessed with, and possessed by the same spirit that you are propagating wadr. "Nibiru" just went down in flames, what, May 1 i think. I cannot impress upon you enough how much you are revealing your heart in this, and you reinforce your position every time you try to interpret a Passage for me.

I know you are sincere, so i guess all i can say is that you do not know, yet you post as if you did, and you did not get this spirit from God. It is painful to read your interpretations, which make perfect sense to the natural man, but will have no basis in truth, as you are going to be made aware in a most painful manner, when everything you have been saying is exposed as untruth.

What would even compel you to such a position, other than false pride? I will tell you this; come Sept 25th, i still will not know whether some actual, fleshly, physical manifestation of "meet Him in the air" might or might not occur in some future--assuming that i am here Sept 25th, of course. I do not know.

You, however, seem to be completely certain, and seem to entertain no doubts whatsoever. Does this characterize where your heart is on this matter pretty accurately, or not? Are you determined to be the Poster Boy for a religious person who claims to know Christ, yet will not be able to appear here Sept 25th to manifest Grace, as Christ will require of you?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If these evil ones were all "taken away," pray tell how you came to believe that the evil will somehow now be "left behind?" Don't you see that your position does not even make logical sense?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But we're not talking about rocks, we're talking about salvation through Christ. Belief and faith are synonyms.
well, they might be to you at the moment, but i have already given the Greek words that differentiate them, and even common sense might tell you that you can believe things without necessarily having faith in them. We actually are talking about rocks, as a reference to a heart of stone. And this is illustrated in many different ways in the Book, even while "belief" and "faith" are often conflated in English translations, to apparently very effective results! I would ask how you resolve "satan also believes" with your pov here, but i see that you cannot even consider it at the moment.

i really am going into the field now, be gone for a while, but i wish you the best, ok? I hope you know that when God fails to perform as you expect Him to, that He still loves you, and fwiw i would be tickled pink to see a "Rapture" come September. And the physical descends from the spiritual, so who knows? It would not affect my faith one bit. Can you say the same is true for the opposite?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, let's all thank God that our testimonies don't depend on what man thinks of them. :rolleyes:
see that you have completely avoided the point once again, however. you cannot even see the point there, can you? I bet you cannot even fake making a pertinent reply to that post. Are you Pentecostal? Are you Mike F Bloom?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello I have been involved in a debate in the testimony forum. Testimonial Forum

Its getting out of hand and like most disccussions it has grown all out of proportion.

This is the heart of the discussion,

Are tounges for all its really simple yes or no question if you know the scriptures in reguard to tounges.

We Have one side of the debate saying God Does Not Want All Speaking In Tounges. And uses this verse as proof.

Proof being that clearly all dont have these gifts

1Cor 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

The other side quotes this verse

1Cor 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues,

Proof being clearly stated what God/Paul wants for all.

So I would like to ask the learned people the leaders Or at the very least the staff who run the site.forum. The people who are prepared to stand on the day of Judgement and face God. James 3:1/ My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
This is for misteaching Gods word.

This is not about who right and whos wrong. This is about truth of Gods word.

Thank you

day of Pentecost when Peter spoke to many and they heard in their own language. to the point they thought Peter drunk therefore they, believes or not could recognize what they were hearing. very simple Spirit of God speaks, and the many hear no matter the language they understand.

this also affirms to Peter and the rest of the apostles what Jesus told them that they would bring the Gospel to the world, not just their fellow Israelis.

hence the purpose of "speaking in tongues" its not bla bla bla mumbo jumbo like many tv preacher like to do. its the preacher speaking and someone that understands another language understands. it happens as the apostles did it, not as the dog and pony show preachers portray it.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and who is it that overcomes? There's that word "believe" again....

1 John 5:4-5 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome...

ok, whatevs, sounds like an action verb to me though. We can pick this concept back up once one of us has been overcome, lol.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
orry caps
A lot of christians have being told, and right now I can gaurantee they are far from heaven, whats it say

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

teh other thing

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Who does teh sending, have you being sent??

I doubt there would be too many Christians who would not speak of teh things of God given teh oportunity, as I have many times, but not unless He opens the door, We have big mouth and big feet, and have a habit ou putting our feet in it.

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

As I have said if you dont feel the need to go and tell the good news something is wrong for sure. We are all sent, ni ifs and s and buts.
Its just seems a very shallow road you are follomng not to mention lonely.
The sending is in the commision. Go tell them all thing I told you. And we do like wise. laying hands on the sick raising the dead casting out demons as we go. These signs shall follow the believer. Guesds whats up if the signs dont follow you? Unbelief will follow you. and many others in here clearly.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are all sent, ni ifs and s and buts.
Its just seems a very shallow road you are follomng not to mention lonely
Jesus sent 12 men not teh world. Even today He sends people.How can one go in one has not being sent.?? Its disobedience,

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Lonely yes, but always have Christ so we are never alone.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How can you have a relationship with Him if you cant hear what He has said?

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
it strikes me that the average man is virtually consumed, obsessed with, and possessed

Why would a christian not be consumed with rapture. It's our eternal state and our blessed hope.

You, however, seem to be completely certain, and seem to entertain no doubts whatsoever.

and so are many other christians..
HEAVENLY SIGN 2017
A Thought About Feast of Trumpets

i really am going into the field now, be gone for a while, but i wish you the best, ok?

Back atcha.

ok, whatevs, sounds like an action verb to me though. We can pick this concept back up once one of us has been overcome, lol.

bbyrd, do you believe Jesus died for past, present and future sins?