Abiding In Christ Necessary for Eternal Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did God forget to mention that in Psalm 37:28? What God said about His saints being preserved forever is crystal clear in Psalm 37:28 - For the Lord loves justice and does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.

Show me where God said "anyone who is cut off is no longer accounted among His saints" in Psalm 37:28. That's your eisegesis.

Romans 9:6 - But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel; 7 nor are they all children because they are Abraham’s descendants, but: “through Isaac your descendants will be named.” 8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.
When it says He preserves His saints forever who do you think that's talking about? It's talking about Israel, His people where His presence dwells (Ex 33:15)--and yet people can be cut off from Israel and grafted in to it as well.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Did God forget to mention that in Psalm 37:28? What God said about His saints being preserved forever is crystal clear in Psalm 37:28 - For the Lord loves justice and does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.

Show me where God said "anyone who is cut off is no longer accounted among His saints" in Psalm 37:28. That's your eisegesis.

Romans 9:6 - But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel; 7 nor are they all children because they are Abraham’s descendants, but: “through Isaac your descendants will be named.” 8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.
What he said is true. Your repeated use of the word "eisegesis" does not veil your eisegesis, IMO, though you may think it does.

There is no life for anyone - Jew or Gentile - except in Christ, and it comes through faith in Him.

Next eisegetical misinterpretation of scripture from you will come soon, I imagine.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things. 21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

See the difference, the people who left NEVER had the anointing., they were NEVER SAVED
He's just saying their defense against the people trying to deceive them is for them to listen to the anointing which leads you into all truth.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your eisegesis is not consistent. There are those who hold the view that the book of the living and the Lamb's book of life are two separate books while others believe they are the same book and contain the names of every person who has physical life upon the earth.

Revelation 13:8 indicates that names have been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world. In Psalm 69:28, we read - May they be blotted out of the book of life and not be listed with the righteous.

Revelation 3:5 - "He who overcomes I will never blot out his name from the book of life." The "overcomer" mentioned in this letter to Sardis is the Believer/Christian. Compare this with 1 John 5:4: "Everyone who is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.

Certain people read Revelation 3:5 as if God’s pen is poised and ready to strike out the name of any Christian who does not measure up to their personal standards. They read their pre-conceived beliefs into it like this: "If you don't overcome and win the victory through sinless perfection, then you’re going to lose your salvation! But that is NOT what the verse says. Jesus is giving a promise here, not a warning.
they can not comprehend Gods standard.

The lower the standard of the law.. let alone Gods perfect standard

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. It's the fruit of the Spirit you are describing and the fruit of the Spirit is not bound to Mosaic law because it fulfills the law.

The fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness, self-control; against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:23).

"Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For: "Do not commit adultery; do not murder; do not steal; do not bear false witness; do not lust;" and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love works no ill to its neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." (Romans 13:8-10).​
Yes,

But this is not a means to salvation. It is a result f salvation

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they can not comprehend Gods standard.

The lower the standard of the law.. let alone Gods perfect standard
You admitted that all you do is stumble and merit death, whereas Paul said "my conscience is clear"--he didn't live in sin as you admit you do. You obviously don't follow his teaching since you don't live the way he did.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it says He preserves His saints forever who do you think that's talking about? It's talking about Israel, His people where His presence dwells (Ex 33:15)--and yet people can be cut off from Israel and grafted in to it as well.
Unbelievers are not His saints, whether Jews or Gentiles or the body of Christ made up of Jews and Gentiles. Romans 11 is speaking of collective ecclesiology and not individual soteriology in regard to Jews and Gentiles.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are blotted out, thus accounted as having never been saved--I don't pick and choose, I believe it all.
It does nto say they were blotted out

it says they were NEVER OF US.

So you are picking and choosing, to add to the word of God.. if it does not fit your narrative, you add things not written..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Getting thrown in the fire and burned isn't a salvific issue."

Weird version of Christianity you got there.
The bad parts of us are burned in the fire..

Salvation is a gift. Not a reward.

so much for recieving a gift.. when you have to earn it.

Salvation is not a down payment for you to do good works, and if you do you can keep it.

It is the gift of God who gives life to people who can not earn it. Because they are guilty

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, have been saved, are being saved, will be saved--all three tenses are in Scripture.
I have been saved from the penalty of sin - Justification

I am being saved from the power of sin - Sanctification

I will be saved from the ability to sin. - Glorification

Learn the difference..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is about being conformed to the image of Christ. It starts with being born again, it's not "about" being born again. Birth brings life through the Spirit.

You've failed the theory. Try practice rather, through faith in Christ.
Salvation is about being born again. We who are dead in tresspasses and sin have been made alive.

Being conformed to the image of God is Gods work. Not ours. He who began a good work WILL COMPLETE IT.

You have failed in truth.. try reading harder so you can understand. and ask God to help you

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does nto say they were blotted out

it says they were NEVER OF US.

So you are picking and choosing, to add to the word of God.. if it does not fit your narrative, you add things not written..
Eisegesis - the process of interpreting a text in such a way as to introduce one's own presuppositions, agendas or biases.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been saved from the penalty of sin - Justification

I am being saved from the power of sin - Sanctification

I will be saved from the ability to sin. - Glorification

Learn the difference..
Yes, we have been saved from the PENALTY of sin (justification) we are being saved from the POWER of sin (ongoing sanctification) and we will be saved from the PRESENCE of sin (glorification) These 3 tenses of salvation often get mixed up by works-salvationists.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know alot of people want to insert gnosticism into johns writing. This may be true. But I think we can take that too far.

John said they, who are they..

1. They departed from us
2. They deny Christ.

now if these are Gnostics. or just everyday people who came to the meetings. I do not think we can know for sure
Like I said... we don't know. Here's my guess...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What he said is true. Your repeated use of the word "eisegesis" does not veil your eisegesis, IMO, though you may think it does.

There is no life for anyone - Jew or Gentile - except in Christ, and it comes through faith in Him.

Next eisegetical misinterpretation of scripture from you will come soon, I imagine.
Yes. and what do those who receive Christ get

1. They will never die (john 3, 6 among others)
2. They have eternal life (john 3, 4, 5 and 6 among others)
3. They have the seal of the spirit which is Gods pledge until ressurection day (eph 1 and others)
4. They have passed from life to death
5. they have been given every spiritual blessing under heaven

I can go on and on and on

Status
Not open for further replies.