ABOUT BAPTISM

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:6.

PICJAG
Absolutely.
HOWEVER . . .
In the Old Testament, there were three levels of Priests:
1. Aaron, the High Priest
2. The Levitical/Ministerial Priesthood
3. The rest of the people were a general priesthood of believers.

In the New Testament, there are also three levels of Priests:
1. Jesus, our High Priest (1 Tim. 2:5, Heb. 7:22-25),
2. The Ministerial Priests (James 5:14-15)
3. The general priesthood of all Christians (1 Peter 2:5-9).

The Ministerial Priesthood wasn't "done away" with - ANY MORE than the High Priesthood or the General Priesthood.
They were ALL FULFILLED.
There is STILL a Ministerial Priesthood in the New Covenant - just as there is STILL a High Priest ad there s STILL a General Priesthood.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are using OT scriptures to prove a NT point which does violence to both.
Which shows that YOU don't understand Scripture.
ALL NT fulfillments have an OT TYPE - without exception.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are using OT scriptures to prove a NT point which does violence to both.
You are SUPPOSED to use the OT to prove the NT.
That's what the Bereans did - and they were called "Noble-minded" for doing that (Acts 17:11).

You are totally ignorant of the Scriptures . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are trying to replace the New Covenant with the Old and it does violence to both covenants.
SHOW me how I am "replacing" the NT Covenant with the Old, Einstein.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By using OT offices that do not exist in the NT.
They absolutely exist - and I gave you Scriptural support.

What do you have to say to the Scriptural support I gave you?
Be specific - and don't simply deny it . . .

D

Dave L

They absolutely exist - and I gave you Scriptural support.

What do you have to say to the Scriptural support I gave you?
Be specific - and don't simply deny it . . .
You have church dogma and nothing more.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have church dogma and nothing more.
I asked you to be specific about the Scriptural evidence I gave you regarding the 3 types of priesthood in the NT.
Which verses do you have a problem with - and WHY??

CAN you do that - or are you simply incapable??

D

Dave L

I asked you to be specific about the Scriptural evidence I gave you regarding the 3 types of priesthood in the NT.
Which verses do you have a problem with - and WHY??

CAN you do that - or are you simply incapable??
You gave OT definitions the NT knows nothing about.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gave OT definitions the NT knows nothing about.
I will ask you ONE more time to explain yourself because you are dodging my question.
It's really quite simple.

EXPLAIN why you disagree with the verses I gave you to support the Catholic position regarding the THREE types of priesthood on the NT. This isn't rocket science, Dave.
If you have some sort of learning disability - just tell me and I'll back off.
Otherwise - l'll hold you accountable.

NOW - what parts do you disagree with??
What do the verses REALLY say??

D

Dave L

I will ask you ONE more time to explain yourself because you are dodging my question.
It's really quite simple.

EXPLAIN why you disagree with the verses I gave you to support the Catholic position regarding the THREE types of priesthood on the NT. This isn't rocket science, Dave.
If you have some fort of learning disability - just tell me and I'll back off.
Otherwise - l'll hold you accountable.

NOW - what parts do you disagree with??
What do the verses REALLY say??
I think the NT is clear about the priesthood of the believer. And the Catholic position is unscriptural according to the NT.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the NT is clear about the priesthood of the believer. And the Catholic position is unscriptural according to the NT.
So, you won't answer because you have NO educated response.
That's what I thought.

Consider yourself exposed - AND Scripturally-spanked . . .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Revelation 1.6: "hath made us kings and priests unto God...".

Revelation 5.10: "hast made us unto our God kings and priests...".

The Old Testament priesthood was changed: (Hebrews 7.12: "For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.")

Reactions: Dave L

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ten Commandments were only for Israel.

““The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Mount Sinai. The LORD did not make this covenant with our ancestors, but with all of us who are alive today.” (Deuteronomy 5:2–3)

Addressed only to Israel; “I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” (Exodus 20:2–3) (KJV 1900)
no, they were for all of mankind, which in principle is in General. supportive, scripture, Romans 2:14 "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves". basic Rights written or not because they are the basic law that should regulate all of mankind. not just for israel only.

example our basic "Bill of Rights" is for all men, not just Americians only.

now as for covenant, it was with ABRAHAM. see chapter 15, and chapter 17. notice Israel and all Nations was still in his loins.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

no, they were for all of mankind, which in principle is in General. supportive, scripture, Romans 2:14 "For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves". basic Rights written or not because they are the basic law that should regulate all of mankind. not just for israel only.

example our basic "Bill of Rights" is for all men, not just Americians only.

now as for covenant, it was with ABRAHAM. see chapter 15, and chapter 17. notice Israel and all Nations was still in his loins.

PICJAG.
The Ten Commandments were for the people God brought out of Egypt. They begin with that focus.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ten Commandments were for the people God brought out of Egypt. They begin with that focus.
these ten commandment was alway present in NATURE as a whole. from the begining. they are basic moral command which all people should abide by. 1st Love God our creator, or like obey your parents, or don't kill. these are nothing new.

PICJAG

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But, the Ten Commandments were the Old Covenant. They called it the "Ark of the Covenant" wherein the Ten Commandments were kept.

Oh Dave, your understanding is not like God's understanding at all.

When God took Israel out of Egypt, Israel badly needed redemption and salvation. Moses spent 40 years in the desert with his father in-law to learn from Ruel, which means friend of God, about the things of God. Jethro was a descendant of Abraham's through Keturah, his third wife. Just before Abraham died he sent them away from Isaac towards the east, with one family going down to the Sinai Desert to wait for an Israelite who would come out of Egypt. Jethro passed on to Moses all that he had been taught about the things of God which had been passed onto him by his fathers. Moses was brought into Jethro's house around 505 years after Abraham had died. Jethro live a simple life in the desert in communion with God. He was a priest and a teacher. Moses was his student.

The Ten Commandments were a part of the Salvation Covenant which was embedded into the Kingdom of Priest, a Holy Nation and His Possession among the Nations Covenant with the nation of Israel and within this covenant we are also told about the reason for Israel being scattered to the four points of the compass throughout all of the earth in the second commandment of the ten. Because the Ten Commandments existed before God's covenant with the Nation of Israel, the Ten Commandments is applicable to all the inhabitants of the earth, not just Israel. Jacob certainly knew that there should be no idols within his household and so when he returned to the Land of Canaan to be with his father Isaac, Jacob took all of the idols that were at that time held by the members of his household and buried them all under a tree when he entered into the land of Canaan. Jacob did this because he was aware of the relational commandments that are embedded within the Ten Commandment.

God intends when he gathers the nation of Israel to himself once more to make like new His covenant of a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and His Possession among the nations once more with all that is Israel. This gathering will occur around the time of Armageddon. Some 4,000 plus years after the birth of Isaac.

Shalom

D

Dave L

Oh Dave, your understanding is not like God's understanding at all.

When God took Israel out of Egypt, Israel badly needed redemption and salvation. Moses spent 40 years in the desert with his father in-law to learn from Ruel, which means friend of God, about the things of God. Jethro was a descendant of Abraham's through Keturah, his third wife. Just before Abraham died he sent them away from Isaac towards the east, with one family going down to the Sinai Desert to wait for an Israelite who would come out of Egypt. Jethro passed on to Moses all that he had been taught about the things of God which had been passed onto him by his fathers. Moses was brought into Jethro's house around 505 years after Abraham had died. Jethro live a simple life in the desert in communion with God. He was a priest and a teacher. Moses was his student.

The Ten Commandments were a part of the Salvation Covenant which was embedded into the Kingdom of Priest, a Holy Nation and His Possession among the Nations Covenant with the nation of Israel and within this covenant we are also told about the reason for Israel being scattered to the four points of the compass throughout all of the earth in the second commandment of the ten. Because the Ten Commandments existed before God's covenant with the Nation of Israel, the Ten Commandments is applicable to all the inhabitants of the earth, not just Israel. Jacob certainly knew that there should be no idols within his household and so when he returned to the Land of Canaan to be with his father Isaac, Jacob took all of the idols that were at that time held by the members of his household and buried them all under a tree when he entered into the land of Canaan. Jacob did this because he was aware of the relational commandments that are embedded within the Ten Commandment.

God intends when he gathers the nation of Israel to himself once more to make like new His covenant of a Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and His Possession among the nations once more with all that is Israel. This gathering will occur around the time of Armageddon. Some 4,000 plus years after the birth of Isaac.

Shalom
The Ten Commandments were the Old Covenant. Jeremiah said the New Covenant replaced them. You cannot understand scripture apart from this most important detail.