Absolute must watch...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Revelation 12:17
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Why would the dragon bypass the rest of the sinful world to wage war against a remnant who are keeping the Commandments of God if they weren't going to heaven anyway because they were keeping the Commandments of God?
Dragons do not do anything because they are not real.

Honest injun

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Revelation 12:17
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Why would the dragon bypass the rest of the sinful world to wage war against a remnant who are keeping the Commandments of God if they weren't going to heaven anyway because they were keeping the Commandments of God?
I’m asking if you believe “keeping the commandments of God” is referring to the Mosaic Law?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’m asking if you believe “keeping the commandments of God” is referring to the Mosaic Law?
Keeping the Commandments of God refers to The Commandments of God. And all relevant parts of ...
KJV John 1:45
45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keeping the Commandments of God refers to The Commandments of God. And all relevant parts of ...
KJV John 1:45
45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.
Uh, I’m not finished discussing this issue, and I’m not even sure how to answer your question in your last post to me.

Perhaps I’m not understanding you. Do you believe that Christians must obey ALL laws given through Moses? If so, is this the SDA position?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Uh, I’m not finished discussing this issue, and I’m not even sure how to answer your question in your last post to me.

Perhaps I’m not understanding you. Do you believe that Christians must obey ALL laws given through Moses? If so, is this the SDA position?
The decalogue. The specific hand/finger written Commandments summarised in Leviticus and Deuteronomy in "thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and soul, mind, and body, and thy neighbor as thyself". In these two Commandments (which incorporate the ten) hang all the law and the prophets. That includes all ten. Not nine. And love doesn't set any of them aside... Love is the fulfilling, not the abrogating of the law. And as James says. If you disobey in one you've disobeyed in all. But Revelation says there is a church that keeps all. And does so by the faith of Jesus... The just after all live by faith yes? No-one can keep his Commandments in their own strength... And it can't be done by just imagining your keeping them "through faith". The obedience is real.

Last edited by a moderator:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will say that my SDA bro's and sisters truly have a very interesting take on eschatology. This is what first peeked my interest in truly knowing the Truth, end times.
Cannot say as i understand it all but, I do enjoy and agree to some of what you teach on this subject. Still much on the shelf...and He has made me patient in these areas.
God Bless brother!
Hi Nancy,
The best comprehensive presentation I've ever seen on Adventists' view of history, theology, and eschatology is Pastor Ivor Myers's "Blueprint." :)
To my knowledge there are basically 3 different versions:

The drive-thru version:

The Family Restaurant version:
(Highly Recommended)

And the cruise ship multi-course version:

Reactions: Brakelite and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy,
The best comprehensive presentation I've ever seen on Adventists' view of history, theology, and eschatology is Pastor Ivor Myers's "Blueprint." :)

The drive-thru version:

The Family Restaurant version:
(Highly Recommended)

And the cruise ship multi-course version:

Thanks Barney :) That's allot of watchin! Lol. I will put the "highly recommended" one in my watch later vids.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The decalogue. The specific hand/finger written Commandments summarised I'm Leviticus and Deuteronomy in "thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and liver thy neighbor as thyself". In these two Commandments (which incorporate the ten) hang all the law and the prophets. That includes all ten. Not nine. And love doesn't seem any of them aside... Love is the fulfilling, not the abrogating of the law. And as James says. If you disobey in one you've disobeyed in all. But Revelation says there is a church that keeps all. And does so by the faith of Jesus... The just after all live by faith yes? No-one can keep his Commandments in theory own strength... And it can't be done by just imagining your keeping them "through faith". The obedience is real.

I’m all for obeying God. You mentioned the Decalogue, but do you believe Christians are obligated to keep the over 600 laws listed in the Torah?

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't this the same guy who said he was adopted by a 9-ft alien mother?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’m all for obeying God. You mentioned the Decalogue, but do you believe Christians are obligated to keep the over 600 laws listed in the Torah?
No. However, as a personal choice, for health reasons, I have opted to not eat unclean meats. I do not believe such meats were every intended by God to be a part of the human diet. Science confirms that those meats, (not to be confused with food) are poisonous and depending on what we are talking about, carry dangerous bacteria (carrion)... Carcinogens(swine) ... Dangerous metals such as mercury and arsenic(shellfish,). Those health laws are simply common sense.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Nancy,

The drive-thru version:

This guy makes some pretty huge leaps in his theology. This is man's reasoning loosely based on the Bible, which doesn't cut it. We would be better off just reading the Bible for ourselves.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. However, as a personal choice, for health reasons, I have opted to not eat unclean meats. I do not believe such meats were every intended by God to be a part of the human diet. Science confirms that those meats, (not to be confused with food) are poisonous and depending on what we are talking about, carry dangerous bacteria (carrion)... Carcinogens(swine) ... Dangerous metals such as mercury and arsenic(shellfish,). Those health laws are simply common sense.

Sorry, Backlit, but you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You said, "And as James says. If you disobey in one you've disobeyed in all. But Revelation says there is a church that keeps all."

So...which is it? Is the Church (meaning believers in Jesus Christ) to keep the laws in the Torah or not? God's commandments are not suggestions that we can pick and choose which to keep and which not to keep, for instance, the dietary laws of the Torah. James is quite clear about this! It really is all or nothing, as you have pointed out.

To be clear, I'm asking you if you believe a person's salvation is tied to keeping the laws listed in the Torah?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This guy makes some pretty huge jumps in his theology. This is man's reasoning loosely based on the Bible, which doesn't cut it. We would be better off just reading the Bible for ourselves.
I offered it as a good representation of the Adventist view of history, theology, and eschatology. I'm sorry you don't approve. I don't think the videos discourage personal Bible study.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry, Backlit, but you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You said, "And as James says. If you disobey in one you've disobeyed in all. But Revelation says there is a church that keeps all."

So...which is it? Is the Church (meaning believers in Jesus Christ) to keep the laws in the Torah or not? God's commandments are not suggestions that we can pick and choose which to keep and which not to keep, for instance, the dietary laws of the Torah. James is quite clear about this! It really is all or nothing, as you have pointed out.

To be clear, I'm asking you if a person's salvation is tied to keeping the laws listed in the Torah?
You tell me what law James is quoting here. And he calls it a royal law...a law of liberty. Paul speaks of a law of bondage. So you figure it out. Instead of trying to trap me, study the scriptures for yourself like you said.

KJV James 2:8-12
8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I offered it as a good representation of the Adventist view of history, theology, and eschatology. I'm sorry you don't approve. I don't think the videos discourage personal Bible study.
Lol, I didn't say the video discouraged "personal Bible study."

I simply said that his theology is LOOSELY based on the Bible, which is NOT good theology. I assume his teaching represents SDA doctrine.

Last edited: