Absolute must watch...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You tell me what law James is quoting here. And he calls it a royal law...a law of liberty. Paul speaks of a law of bondage. So you figure it out. Instead of trying to trap me, study the scriptures for yourself like you said.

KJV James 2:8-12
8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
LOL!!!! I'm not trying to trap you. Are you really Backlit, or is someone else using Backlit's account??

I'm trying to find out WHAT YOU BELIEVE. You are answering my yes/no questions with riddles.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, I didn't say the video discouraged "personal Bible study."

I simply said that his theology is LOOSELY based on the Bible, which is NOT good theology. I assume his teaching represents SDA doctrine.
I have not watched it . But if its SDA .................RUN and never look back .

Reactions: TLHKAJ

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply said that his theology is LOOSELY based on the Bible, which is NOT good theology. I assume his teaching represents SDA doctrine.
You did not simply say that. You also said that it makes some pretty huge leaps in theology. You added that we would be better off reading the Bible for ourselves, which implies that teaching or at least the teaching contained in the video is unsound. But you didn't give any examples or corrections. Why don't we be honest about what we've said?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not simply say that. You also said that it makes some pretty huge leaps in theology. You added that we would be better off reading the Bible for ourselves, which implies that teaching or at least the teaching contained in the video is unsound. But you didn't give any examples or corrections. Why don't we be honest about what we've said?
You said this: "I don't think the videos discourage personal Bible study." This implied that i said the video discouraged personal Bible study. I did not say or imply this, now quit wasting my time!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Backlit , you said that you don't believe Christians are obligated to keep the 600+ laws in the Torah.

Okay, that's good now answer this other question I asked, if you don't mind.

"To be clear, I'm asking you if you believe a person's salvation is tied to keeping the laws listed in the Torah."

Sadly, I don't think i will get a straight answer from you because SDA teaches adherence to the law.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll second that. The all-or-nothing logical fallacy is readily tailorable for those who need a quick argument.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said this: "I don't think the videos discourage personal Bible study." This implied that i said the video discouraged personal Bible study. I did not say or imply this, now quit wasting my time!
I disagree. I don't think it implied that at all. As far as your time goes. You're free to spend your time doing anything you please. Don't let me keep you. In any case, I already have a boss, so barking orders will avail you nothing.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let us put this in perspective. Christian churches generally condemn Adventists for observing Sabbath. They will claim to honor the other nine commandments, but reject Sabbath keeping. How tightly based to the Bible is the concept of rejection of the 4th Commandment when the other 9 are upheld?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us put this in perspective. Christian churches generally condemn Adventists for observing Sabbath. They will claim to honor the other nine commandments, but reject Sabbath keeping. How tightly based to the Bible is the concept of rejection of the 4th Commandment when the other 9 are upheld?
You still didn't answer my question.

Does SDA teach that a person's salvation depends on keeping the Sabbath???

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Backlit , you said that you don't believe Christians are obligated to keep the 600+ laws in the Torah.

Okay, that's good now answer this other question I asked, if you don't mind.

"To be clear, I'm asking you if you believe a person's salvation is tied to keeping the laws listed in the Torah."

Sadly, I don't think i will get a straight answer from you because SDA teaches adherence to the law.
What laws?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does SDA teach that a person's salvation depends on keeping the Sabbath???
Define "depends on."

Does the keeping of the sabbath or any other law contain any merit toward salvation? Absolutely not.

But the believer in God delights in the law of God.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. (Psalms 1:2)

Reactions: amadeus