Acts 2:17-19 can anyone share their visions in the last days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
speaking of global warming
i had this recently not really sure if it was a dream or a vision but i ignored it because i seem to be in a state of half awake half unconscious

now i have forgotten what i saw but the message seems to be

change now because in the coming days it will grow harder and harder to live a life

and as i remember it
it's not a vision but a message in a dream while 50-50 awake and asleep

Reactions: dev553344

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
you know why it said that because i still think that i am still young to die meaning i still have time that's just how foolish i am

and you know why i ignored it because it might just me so they say my inner thoughts because someone recently said that it might not be a message from God but it was just from me and that just what it always is he said we keep dreaming the things what we have in mind deep in our mind

Reactions: Heart2Soul

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@stredaleve The three tornados have hit, one in michigan, one in texas and one possible in Virginia. Those are the three I saw on the news. The one in texas was massive. Global warming problems me thinks. The last one I saw was near the east coast, so I'm assuming that's virginia:
Homes Damaged by Possible Tornado in Virginia - Videos from The Weather Channel | weather.com

I get that sometimes. God shows me things like fires, tornados, hurricanes and earthquakes. Sometimes I see them happen, sometimes I don't. Why God shows me things like this I'm not sure. Sometimes it scares me too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Acts 2:17-20 "’In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

Greetings, Stredaleve.

Not sure if anyone pointed this out to you yet, but your translation is a little off here. In the original, it is not "I will pour out My Spirit upon all people," but "I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh," and by flesh He did not mean upon all mankind. He was speaking specifically about all believers from the youngest to the oldest.

As to your question, there are a number of visions that have already been given to the church over the last 40 years or so, if not longer. If you want a list, let me know and I will send you one.

God bless,
- H

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a quote from Joel's prophecy, one which is generally misunderstood because of the way it is written in order to hide its true meaning from the worldly wise, the church nominal.

Please see the following blog post on this forum for more on this prophecy here.
“The Spirit Poured upon All Flesh”

Hello Harvest, and hope you are well.

I read through your piece, and I assume you are basing the following from your link on the interpretation that God will one day "pour out His Spirit upon all people" like the OP's translation suggests.

The fact is, is that there is to be another future (Verse 28) outpouring of God's Spirit, accompanied by remarkable and demonstrating gifts. But this will not be the same as the previous outpouring in all respects. The baptisms and gifts at the beginning of this age were indications that those who received them were sons of God on the spiritual plane—new creatures. The next outpouring will be a sign of relationship to God as human sons, not as "new" or spiritual ones.

It is God's design, through Christ, in the coming age, to restore the entire human race that are willing, from the condition of human sinners, back to the condition of human sons--the position occupied by Adam before he sinned. (Luke 3:38)--This is the great Restitution mentioned by Peter, in Acts 3:21. But we have seen that before thus restoring the human sons to their proper position and glory, as such on earth, God is now taking out a number of sons who change their nature, and in the resurrection will become perfect spiritual beings, no longer earthly.

I would respectfully urge you to reconsider that maybe the phrase actually just refers to believers of all different age groups, as the context seems to suggest.

Just food for thought. I struggled to understand what your teaching was here, until it dawned on me how you were likely interpreting that verse.

God bless,
- H

MrBebe

Sep 8, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
There God poured out his Spirit upon his servants and handmaidens; but did he pour it out upon ALL flesh? Certainly not; only on those who received Jesus and became sons of God by consecration.

did the word of God lied then?
why would it say all flesh if it's not all flesh
Good day,

Adam Clarke's comment on Joel 2:28:

"And the Spirit was poured out then upon all flesh, that is, on people of different countries, speaking the languages of almost all the people of the earth; which intimated that these were the first-fruits of the conversion of all the nations of the world. For there was scarcely a tongue in the universe that was not to be found among the Parthians, Medes, Elamites, Mesopotamians, Jews, Cappadocians, people of Pontus, of Asia, Phrygia, Pamphylia, Egypt, Libya, Cyrene, Rome, Crete, and Arabia, who were residents at Jerusalem at that time; and on whom this mighty gift was poured out, each hearing and apprehending the truths of the Gospel, in his own language wherein he was born. Thus we have Divine authority for saying, that was the fulfillment of this prophecy by Joel."

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Acts 2:17-20 "’In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.

Israel was called of God, and stood as a nation of God for awhile. But nations always fall, and Israel was no different. And so, with the increase of wickedness, God's judgment came in the form of a locust plague. This was an indication that God was displeased with the nation, and prepared to destroy it...or so it seemed.

But God indicated that at the end of history Israel will not be ashamed. And so, after this locust plague, and indeed after many judgments, Israel received a pledge of her final restoration in the form of Christianity. He brought the Spirit of grace not just upon those in Israel who repent but also upon those in every nation who choose to repent.

The granting of gifts to see this hope, or "vision," is now given to those from all nations who serve Christ. They either have visions or see dreams, indicating their hope and faith in a final salvation for nations of God and for individuals who trust in Christ.

Don't get me wrong. I do believe there are individuals with particular spiritual gifts. But I think this passage is speaking, generally, of God's gifts to *all* who call upon the Lord.

Please allow me to be a little more specific and a little more precise. At the time of this prophecy, only Israel was the people of God. And so, God is promising something that is usually reserved only for prophets and great men in Israel.

But in this case, grace is extended to all in Israel, regardless of rank. And so, in the Early Church the gift of the Spirit was also extended to all in Israel who repented.

In principle this also applies to the Gentiles, since the promise is no longer based on rank or position, but rather on individual repentance. The idea is that if judgment came to Israel, and the Spirit of grace still came to all in Israel who repent, then the same thing could happen for Gentiles who repent, regardless of position or rank, and regardless of the fact they had lived like pagans. The same had been true of Israel.

The signs in the heavens of smoke and darkness indicate, to me, signs of warfare. When enemies burned up fields, the smoke darkened the light of the sun. Warfare is a sign of the approach of divine judgment, which is coming not just upon Israel but upon all nations who refuse to serve the Lord. But the idea is that those who repent will have visions of salvation out of this dark time of trouble and judgment.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live in WA--where specifically in WA State? You've got my attention! ;)
Here in washington we just call it the peninsula so I'm not sure what cities are there. Washington has a shape around water and the peninsula is the area that matches a peninsula. It is the west tip of washington that is surrounded by ocean.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here in washington we just call it the peninsula so I'm not sure what cities are there. Washington has a shape around water and the peninsula is the area that matches a peninsula. It is the west tip of washington that is surrounded by ocean.

Well yea, I know WA State--I was born here. But I'm familiar with the term "Olympic Peninsula," instead of just "peninsula." Is that what you're referring to? I grew up on a mini-peninsula within the Olympic Peninsula, and used to live across Hood Canal from the Olympics. So I imagine you're talking about one of the mountains in the Olympics blowing up? On Kitsap Peninsula there are only two small mountains.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well yea, I know WA State--I was born here. But I'm familiar with the term "Olympic Peninsula," instead of just "peninsula." Is that what you're referring to? I grew up on a mini-peninsula within the Olympic Peninsula, and used to live across Hood Canal from the Olympics. So I imagine you're talking about one of the mountains in the Olympics blowing up? On Kitsap Peninsula there are only two small mountains.
I was an angel floating over the peninsula. I saw a volcano erupt out of the water and partially on land. It was the area of the Olympic peninsula that is in between washington and Victoria Canada near Seattle.

But I must have already died so I assume if it does happen it won't be for a long time.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was an angel floating over the peninsula. I saw a volcano erupt out of the water and partially on land. It was the area of the Olympic peninsula that is in between washington and Victoria Canada near Seattle.

But I must have already died so I assume if it does happen it won't be for a long time.

Wow, that's close to home for me!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which makes me wonder if you have had any dreams or visions that relate somehow?

No, you're blessed to be able to see these things, assuming they're true and they're from God? I'm not skeptical--I just don't know you. But I appreciate your sharing.

We're all different, and God gives gifts as He wills--not as we will. So take your gifts and use them accordingly. Thanks! :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you're blessed to be able to see these things, assuming they're true and they're from God? I'm not skeptical--I just don't know you. But I appreciate your sharing.

We're all different, and God gives gifts as He wills--not as we will. So take your gifts and use them accordingly. Thanks! :)
There's also the possibility that the memory is not to be taken literally. It could be symbolic of something else.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's also the possibility that the memory is not to be taken literally. It could be symbolic of something else.

I don't know. Close friends of mine have moved out of WA State because of its liberalism/progressivism. Close relatives of mine are considering doing the same right now. But I and my relatives love this area, and don't really want to move. I don't think the land belongs to anybody but God. Abusive govt. will eventually pay the price for being poor stewards both of the land and of the people.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mt. Rainier erupted, or a tsunami blew in and down the Straight of Juan de Fuca. And we may get that great earthquake along the seismic zone that's been predicted as far back as I can remember.

The conservatives tend to live on the East side of the State, where the Seattle-Tacoma metropolitan region is heavily dominated by the Left--people who I believe are ruining our society. But I'm happy to be over on the Kitsap Peninsula. I've taken boats on the Sound all my life, and have whale watched up by Victoria, B.C. One forum I'm on is led by a pastor up in B.C., but he won't say anything bad about Canadian govt.

I think the world is getting worse, and it fits into my view of biblical eschatology. I'm a Premillennialist who believes that Antichrist precedes the coming of Christ and the establishment of his Kingdom on earth.

In the meantime, the Gospel continues to reach out to all nations, even though afterwards they fall into apostasy and debauchery. God continues to reach out a hand of grace for those who are willing in these fallen nations. So we should keep on standing up for the truth.

These are the kinds of "visions" and "dreams" I have, which is more of a perspective than a real vision. But if God gives you visions, I think He'll make it plain to you ultimately. Thanks for sharing!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
a little off here.
who can prove it?
when we are always right in our own eyes?
but God sees the heart only can God can prove it
As to your question, there are a number of visions that have already been given to the church over the last 40 years or so, if not longer. If you want a list, let me know and I will send you one.
send me one
i am not aware but i've heard the others