Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nope...for the remission of sins.

Also, if the name of Jesus was not spoken over you upon your baptism your sins remain unto this day.

Obey Acts 2:38....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

sorry but you are spouting legalistic rubbish! :confused:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope...for the remission of sins.

Also, if the name of Jesus was not spoken over you upon your baptism your sins remain unto this day.

Obey Acts 2:38....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
As I proved yesterday the word for can be used multiple ways

1. I went to the pharmacy for medicine (in order to recieve) you use this interpretation
2. I called the doctor for my sickness (because I was sick) My interpretation

This is not just in english, but also in the greek the word EIS.

It is not in black and white like you claim it is..

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, but NO ONE will come to faith unless they repent, until they repent they will remain in unbelief.

Really ... is that so? lets take a look:

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Now then, according to YOUR testimony, this should read...

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing(repentance), and hearing by the word of God.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God(repentance) is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really ... is that so? lets take a look:

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Now then, according to YOUR testimony, this should read...

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing(repentance), and hearing by the word of God.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God(repentance) is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Dude whatever

you can’t hear a word I say because you just want to see what you can do to poke holes in it

this post is in deep error. I never made any such comment or suggestion. You sir have issues

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry but you are spouting legalistic rubbish! :confused:
You are spouting seminarian, anti Acts 2:38 rubbish.

The term "legalism" is a modern term coined by scripture twisting seminarians.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I proved yesterday the word for can be used multiple ways

1. I went to the pharmacy for medicine (in order to recieve) you use this interpretation
2. I called the doctor for my sickness (because I was sick) My interpretation

This is not just in english, but also in the greek the word EIS.

It is not in black and white like you claim it is..
What you just said does not debunk Acts 2:38.

Nice try.

Obey Acts 2:38.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nice try.

I did

I repented. and received the gift of the spirit
I was baptized because I received remission of sin

Peter did not tell anyone to be baptized to get the gift of the spirit.

Thats where your in error

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Nice try.

maybe not …but you can’t take one verse and build a binding doctrine upon it !
The word of God is built upon THE WHOLE of the word of God ….

you have polarized on just one …and made it law.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Acts 2:38 spans the salvation doctrine.

Luke 13:3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved...

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:38 encapsulates all of the above:

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart(they now believe), and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did

I repented. and received the gift of the spirit
I was baptized because I received remission of sin

Peter did not tell anyone to be baptized to get the gift of the spirit.

Thats where your in error
Was the name of Jesus Christ spoken over you when you were baptized?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wait.

Peter spoke Acts 2:38 and the Apostles built their doctrine on it all the way through Acts 19.

Why can't I?

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait.

Peter spoke Acts 2:38 and the Apostles built their doctrine on it all the way through Acts 19.

Why can't I?

The Acts skippers claim to not have skipped anything, but still go to the epistles for salvation.
Whom do you suppose the epistles were originally written to?

Romans 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Galatians 1:2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Colossians 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

How did they become saints?
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Acts skippers claim to not have skipped anything, but still go to the epistles for salvation.

Romans 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Galatians 1:2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Philippians 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Colossians 1:2 To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

You are exactly correct.

The only way you can debunk what you wrote is to go to a full 8 years of seminary brainwashing, then your finals is having to write 1000 times on a chalkboard "I hate Acts, I will skip Acts, I hate Acts, I will skip......".

Reactions: user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are exactly correct.

The only way you can debunk what you wrote is to go to a full 8 years of seminary brainwashing, then your finals is having to write 1000 times on a chalkboard "I hate Acts, I will skip Acts, I hate Acts, I will skip......".

There were never to be any divisions (denominations) in the church. Now there are THOUSANDS!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You slanders preach obedience to God while continuing to break one of the commands.

how can we look to you as people of God when you continually bear false witness against others (ie the term acts skipper). Do you think that looks good? Does it help you feel better about yourself? I mean why do you have to lie about others in order to make your point, you and truths there. “Truth?.”

no one skips acts, we just do not interpret it as you do

in act 2 Peter told NO ONE to be baptized in order to receive the spirit, period, the word baptize and gift of the spirit are not related. They are different types and forms. Gift of the Holy Spirit only matches in form and type repent. Peter told everyone to repent,

this also keeps acts and John and the rest of scripture I. Alignment by not adding works to the gospel of grace, if it is grace it is no longer works

water baptism is a work of righteousness. Commanded by God, yet God commanded many works of righteousness and the new creation was created to do the, (Eph 2: 10). But they are done because one is saved, not to be saved

if you have any question paul put it to rest in titus 3

NOT by works of righteousness which we have done (ie, not by circumcision works of the law.communion giving, feeding the poor serving in the church, etc etc, insert any good deed which God commanded us in scripture). But by HIS MERCY he SAVED US

you give mercy to the undeserving and someone who can not pay their debt, not to someone who works to earn it,

By the washing and renews of the Hs

it is the HS who does the washing and new birth. Not a priest, not a pastor. Not a church leader, not a pope, a deacon, a bishop or anyone else. God does the work it’s time to render to God the credit for what he has done is doing and will do, and stop giving it to men

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were never to be any divisions (denominations) in the church. Now there are THOUSANDS!
Isn't that amazing....and every one of them think they are the truth...thousands of little unique individual truth's.:eek:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't that amazing....and every one of them think they are the truth...thousands of little unique individual truth's.:eek:
And how is it that anyone is able to do better? Not by brain power, certainly!

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how is it that anyone is able to do better? Not by brain power, certainly!

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26
Only the church founded in Acts 2 is the true church.

For anyone to be part of that church they must have the identical doctrine and experience of the church, starting with Acts 2:38(1st command from the Apostles).

The rest are counterfeits of the original, Acts 2 church.