Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the church founded in Acts 2 is the true church.

For anyone to be part of that church they must have the identical doctrine and experience of the church, starting with Acts 2:38(1st command from the Apostles).

The rest are counterfeits of the original, Acts 2 church.
That then makes your church false, because you twist acts 2 to say something it was never meant to say

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 never meant what it said?

What else did Acts 2:38 mean that it inadvertently says?
Acts 2: 38 does not say what you think it said

and you have been told what it said numerous times. Yet you act as if you never heard.

peter never told anyone to be baptized to recieve the gift of the spirit the words are not related in the greek

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2: 38 does not say what you think it said

and you have been told what it said numerous times. Yet you act as if you never heard.

peter never told anyone to be baptized to recieve the gift of the spirit the words are not related in the greek
What did Peter "really" say, like, "between the lines", which I can't find in Acts 2:38?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the church founded in Acts 2 is the true church.
If I am there within it, does that also make me automatically knowledgeable about the condition of every other believer? I will say that without the lead of the Holy Spirit, how can anyone move toward the Light? Can we stand still and grow closer to Him?

For anyone to be part of that church they must have the identical doctrine and experience of the church, starting with Acts 2:38(1st command from the Apostles).
Your language is too strong for me.

I can speak to my own experience, but I won't cast anyone out saying they are Not part of the Church or the Body of Christ based on my incomplete knowledge. We do live for God by faith and as we are led by the Holy Spirit... not by knowledge.

The rest are counterfeits of the original, Acts 2 church.
Are they? Well I am no expert on counterfeiters and God has never given me the job of condemning anyone else. I leave that in His capable hands and for myself work while it is day. Tomorrow is another day.

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am there within it, does that also make me automatically knowledgeable about the condition of every other believer? I will say that without the lead of the Holy Spirit, how can anyone move toward the Light? Can we stand still and grow closer to Him?

Your language is too strong for me.

I can speak to my own experience, but I won't cast anyone out saying they are Not part of the Church or the Body of Christ based on my incomplete knowledge. We do live for God by faith and as we are led by the Holy Spirit... not by knowledge.

Are they? Well I am no expert on counterfeiters and God has never given me the job of condemning anyone else. I leave that in His capable hands and for myself work while it is day. Tomorrow is another day.

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34
I cannot cast anyone out, but I can show them the only way to get in the original church...by obeying Acts 2:38.

Folks keep themselves out.

Acts 2:38 is set in stone, so it is up to the individual to accept or reject it.

They would rather have some seminarian talk them out of obeying it.

I would never trust a man over the Bible per my salvation(regarding the remission of my sins).

I fear God too much.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot cast anyone out, but I can show them the only way to get in the original church...by obeying Acts 2:38.
By obedience to the Word of God. Without the Holy Spirit, what you may say or what I may say would accomplish nothing. Give God the glory and the credit!
Folks keep themselves out.
Without any doubt. People are their own worst enemies! We also are people!

Acts 2:38 is set in stone, so it is up to the individual to accept or reject it.
In the sense you mean is not all of the Word of God set in stone? So then if a person truly seeks first as per the following verse will not everything else needed be added? Is not God the one who does the adding? Should we decide for Him what He will or will not add?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

They would rather have some seminarian talk them out of obeying it.
Like very true for some people, but when we have obeyed each point, what do we have?

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38

The gift of the Holy Ghost!

What is that? What does it mean when a person has received that gift? What happens to a person who having received the gift does Not allow himself to be led by the Spirit?

I would never trust a man over the Bible per my salvation(regarding the remission of my sins).

I fear God too much.
Amen! But how can you or I or anyone really understand what is written in the Bible without the Holy Ghost? As I see it, we cannot!

Reactions: Truther and Azim

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Peter "really" say, like, "between the lines", which I can't find in Acts 2:38?

I guess according to some...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent(accept Jesus as your personal savior), and be baptized(immersed not in H20 but into his doctrine - except you illiterate and handicapped) every one of you (except those of other divisions/denominations) in the name of Jesus Christ (by the authority of his NAME = "SON") for the remission of sins (because you have been forgiven already, so lets make this optional), and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost(which you have already received due to the above amendments).

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent(accept Jesus as your personal savior), and be baptized(immersed not in H20 but into his doctrine - except you illiterate and handicapped) every one of you (except those of other divisions/denominations) in the name of Jesus Christ (by the authority of his NAME = "SON") for the remission of sins (because you have been forgiven already, so lets make this optional), and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost(which you have already received due to the above amendments).
Boy, you hit the nail on the head.

This is exactly what they did to the plan of salvation.

They play right into the great deceivers' hands.

Reactions: user

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a phenomenon that cannot be explained.

One explanation would be todays very popular outlook on what the bible says:

"If we can twist the scripture into an easier way, we will do it." Or

"If we change it, they will come"

Not needing to repent, changes everything, and a new gospel that includes repenting of sin is not necessary, will not only bring hoards of people into one's church to fill those plates, the fact that we no longer must repent, is the only way some will bother getting saved, as they never were interested in Gods true way.

Satan is ecstatic with the new gospel, and dearly loves those who teach it. Satan loves them so much, he has set things up to where he will be with those false teachers forever.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not needing to repent, changes everything, and a new gospel that includes repenting of sin is not necessary, will not only bring hoards of people into one's church to fill those plates, the fact that we no longer must repent, is the only way some will bother getting saved, as they never were interested in Gods true way.

Satan is ecstatic with the new gospel, and dearly loves those who teach it. Satan loves them so much, he has set things up to where he will be with those false teachers forever.
OH, SO TRUE!

Reactions: TheslightestID

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who teaches a person does not need to repent? No one would or could come to true saving faith without repentance. Thats why the command to repent is so prevalent in scripture.

I think you all make these things up because when it comes to facts. you have really nothing to hang your hat on.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually this is not true either

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent (Change you thinking to match Gods, so you can come to true saving faith in Christ), and and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (As you will receive the washing (baptism) and renewal (new birth) of the HS titus 3: 5 as by one spirit (the HS) you are baptized into Christ (1 cor 12) and have been baptized into his burial and death where your sins were washed away (rom 6)) and let every one of you be Baptized (Immersed in water) in the Name of Jesus Christ for (on account of the fact you have received) remission of sin

if your going to mock people. At least learn what they believe. otherwise it just makes you look bad.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who teaches a person does not need to repent? No one would or could come to true saving faith without repentance. Thats why the command to repent is so prevalent in scripture.

I think you all make these things up because when it comes to facts. you have really nothing to hang your hat on.
New age Christendom teaches one is saved before repentance via a confession of faith.

They dismiss Acts 2:38 and call themselves saved.

They would have been unthinkable to Peter and the rest.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New age Christendom teaches one is saved before repentance via a confession of faith.

New age? Licentiousness has been taught since the time of Christ. Its not new. They are no more saved than a legalist is

They dismiss Acts 2:38 and call themselves saved.

They would have been unthinkable to Peter and the rest.

Peter would be horrified if he thought people add water baptism because people interpreted his words wrong.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My friend, you are mistaken, I have seen more than one , either on this or another board, tell us repenting is not necessary.