Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I replied to BloodBought's post to me, which stated the following...

"the reply from Paul ? “ BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be Saved” If Water Baptism is the “ end all and be all” of Salvation, I wonder why Paul made * NO MENTION” of it"

I proved him to be in error with the following examination of that scripture...

Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
[31] And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

BloodBought had stopped here. But if we continue, this is revealed...

[32] And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
[33] And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

In preaching Jesus, water baptism is preached. Here is another example...

Acts 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
[35] Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
[36] And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I don’t have the problem with this that you think that I do...
If Peter says to do something in order to receive “ the remissions Of Sins, I don’t care if he says to go juggle ten running chain saws —- YOU *DO* IT ! YOU DO WHAT GOD’S MAN SAYS !

If Paul comes along later and shows how people got that same “ remissions Of Sins” By Simply Believing the Gospel That He received Personally from Jesus and the juggling of chain saws is proven “ Not” to be necessary —— YOU “ DO” IT ! YOU DO WHAT GOD’S MAN SAYS! Even if it involves a change of Plan ......

It was a change of plan to go from the cutting of the throats Of sheep to get your sins remitted to going to water baptism to get that Accomplished ......it was another change of plan to go from water baptism to simple Belief.....

Make sure that you get the Baptism that COUNTS for today’s Believer that lives in this Wondrous Age Of Grace... get “ baptized” into the “ Body Of Christ”...... you do that by Believing Paul’s Gospel That is Found In 1cor15:1-4.....the Gospel That was Given to Paul by Jesus Personally....

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends on where the heart is. I have seen some make that turn and find the light.

And once again, as in the case of Lydia, the seller of purple, whose story is told in Acts....” God OPENED HER * HEART* to Receiving the Gospel That Paul preached...some in here may not have had their Hearts “ Opened” Yet......If they try to Supplant the Gospel with anything else...they may find themselves in BIG jeopardy .....

Reactions: Charlie24

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once again, as in the case of Lydia, the seller of purple, whose story is told in Acts....” God OPENED HER * HEART* to Receiving the Gospel That Paul preached...some in here may not have had their Hearts “ Opened” Yet......If they try to Supplant the Gospel with anything else...they may find themselves in BIG jeopardy .....

Yes, I'm sure that is also true in many cases.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been unknowingly living a life “ Severed from Christ” and you have “ Fallen From Grace “ By ADDing to Paul’s Gospel Of Faith in His Gospel Plus NOTHING in order to get Saved....You have never read Beyond Acts2:38 so this is probably all News to you....Read Galatians and discover your true status before God as you teach a False and Perverted “ Gospel” That makes you “ Accursed.....and you had better pray to God that “ falling from Grace” does not equate to being damned......because you * Are * Fallen From Grace......and I would wager that you don’t even know what it means ....Read Gal 5....

Also brush up on Gal1:8 ......it reveals the Fate of those that Teach a different Gospel than what Paul did.....His Gospel never even mentions Water Baptism and he even goes on to say that he “ Was NOT sent to Baptize” .....don’t you think that is strange? He wanted to get people Saved and he made a choice....go around baptizing people with Water or giving them the Gospel that lead to the only baptism that Counted fir Salvation—— Being *BAPTIZED* into *The Body Of Christ*..... if you don't have “THAT” Baptism , all the water at Niagara Falls ain't gonna do you any good!
Acts 2:38 severed me from Christ?

Were the 3000 at Pentecost also severed from Christ for obeying it?

Acts 2:38 is a counterfeit salvation?

I am accursed for obeying Acts 2:38?

Acts 2:38 is false and perverted gospel?

Acts 2:38 causes us to fall from Grace?

Wow, Christendom is getting wild these days.

One question, precisely what year(AD) did all this occur, or did it gradually happen?

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would NEVER skip Acts ....it’s a great Transitional Book....you just have to Read it to the End to understand it.....I think that I will go through the Four Gospel Books and stop reading Matthew , Mark, etc at Chapters 2, verse 28 in each Book! I am sure that you would give me a hearty” AMEN!” On that, wouldn’t you, “Mr. ‘Paul and his Saving Gospel’ Skipper?”
If you have not been personally baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins per Acts 2:38, and you think you are saved, you are an Acts skipper, and have yet to "transition" into the epistles.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They had their sins remitted the same second That they Simply Believed that Jesus died for their suns and rose from the Grave....Ever Hear about the Gospel in 1Cor15:1-4 that God will use to determine your Eternal Fate? You are correct in a kind of round- about way .....BAPTISM is EVERYTHING! There are seven types of “ Baptisms” In Scripture and most of them are Dry.....The only type of “ Baptism “ That will count when you stand before God is THIS one —— The “Baptism into the Body Of Christ”...... if you lack “That” Baptism you are Lost.....
Not a word of what you said is scriptural.

There is no verse that teaches we can believe to find the remission of our sins.

It says this is the way to obtain remission of our sins...

....be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...

...which includes you.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody denies your “ Zeal”.....

Even the Unbelieving Jews had a “ Zeal” for God , but it was “ Not based on Knowledge” .....you need some Knowledge ....Why Do you take one verse Of Scripture that was Preached to a Jewish audience before the “ Mystery “ Of The Gospel Of Grace was Given to Paul by Jesus personally to be delivered to Jews And Gentiles alike and EXALT it over verses that supplant it? Obeying Acts2:38 was the Wise thing to do if you were in Peter’s audience that day....Its not our Doctrine for today....If Jesus wanted Peter’s Message Of “ Repent and Be Baptized” to continue to dominate, why did He give a Different Doctrine to Paul? That “Doctrine” is to Believe that Jesus Died for your Sins and rose from the Grave....

Jesus never said “ Follow Peter” —— Jesus said “ Follow Paul” ......let me know when that changes....meanwhile, our “ Doctrine” for this Dispensation Of Grace comes from the writings Of Paul.....Romans thru Philemon....and even Peter agreed.....he declared the Writings Of Paul as “ the Equal Of Anything else in Scripture”......
Why, because that one verse is the only way to join the church of the 3000 at Pentecost.

...Unless you want to be in a "different" church.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't been water-baptised because it simply never crossed my mind to do so, but if it makes people feel closer to God, good for them..:)
But they shouldn't then think "Yippee I'm saved and home free" and drop their guard against satan, or he'll have them for breakfast.
They should remember that there's no cast-iron guarantee that comes with baptism-
"The holy spirit hadn't come upon the Samaritans as they'd simply been baptised" (Acts of the Apostles 8:15-16)
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Reactions: user

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a Promise That one could say “ stems” from Grace......Grace is at the Root Of Anything That results in a man’s Salvation..... “ By GRACE you are Saved...”
Did you know the Promise is Grace?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why, because that one verse is the only way to join the church of the 3000 at Pentecost.

...Unless you want to be in a "different" church.

There is no basis for claiming that one verse out of 31,102 is the "only way" to do anything. It is clearly eisegesis: the process of interpreting text in such a way as to introduce one's own presuppositions, agendas or biases. It is commonly referred to as reading into the text.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no basis for claiming that one verse out of 31,102 is the "only way" to do anything. It is clearly eisegesis: the process of interpreting text in such a way as to introduce one's own presuppositions, agendas or biases. It is commonly referred to as reading into the text.
Boring

LOL

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL

I can only hope he doesn't grow up to be an Acts skipper.

Worse yet, he could be like you and be a “ Paul/ Gospel Skipper”—- Skip the Gospel Of Paul,Found In 1Cor15:1-4 ....the one that actually SAVES a person who RESTS in it, and you got a REAL Problem.....as does your poor grandchild, if he falls for your Hog Wash and “ False and Perverted” so- called “ gospel” .....

If you are able to go Past Hebrews 2:8 , try to make it to Hebrews 3 and 4......There , God warns all those that refuse to “REST” in Paul’s Gospel Of Grace that they are not only being “ disobedient” , they are Guilty Of “ Unbelief”....... very serious stuff....He says nothing about “ Resting” in your Baptism, btw..... A wise man would take a lesson from that....

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know the Promise is Grace?

What does this mean? The promise is the promise; grace is grace.

Promise: a declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen.
Grace: the spontaneous, unmerited gift of the divine favor in the salvation of sinners, and the divine influence operating in individuals for their regeneration and sanctification.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worse yet, he could be like you and be a “ Paul/ Gospel Skipper”—- Skip the Gospel Of Paul,Found In 1Cor15:1-4 ....the one that actually SAVES a person who RESTS in it, and you got a REAL Problem.....as does your poor grandchild, if he falls for your Hog Wash and “ False and Perverted” so- called “ gospel” .....

If you are able to go Past Hebrews 2:8 , try to make it to Hebrews 3 and 4......There , God warns all those that refuse to “REST” in Paul’s Gospel Of Grace that they are not only being “ disobedient” , they are Guilty Of “ Unbelief”....... very serious stuff....He says nothing about “ Resting” in your Baptism, btw..... A wise man would take a lesson from that....
Did Paul's gospel include this?...

19 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

....rebaptism in the name of Jesus Christ?

Not necessary?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Great post!