Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise is a promise; grace is grace. They are entirely different.
No, Grace is Jesus. Promise is Jesus.

Jesus(Holy Ghost), is promise, personified.

That's Bible!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For you Bible students...

The promise beginning at Gen 3:15(Christ), was Grace that Noah later found.

It kept man alive.

Promise was alive until Law.

Promise never ended, but coexisted with the Law.

Promise(Spirit of Christ) was poured out at Pentecost per Acts 2.

Jesus is still being poured out today.(Acts 2...38-39)

Promise will become the Millennial Reign of Christ.

This is what the Biblical term for "the promise" is.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another fact...

Promise become grace...becomes millennial reign.

Law begins in the garden and coexists all the way through to the end of the world.

Both entities are not compatible.

Sinners fall under the ACTIVE Law, right now as we speak.

Only saints under Promise/Grace are free from it.

This is Bible!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another fact...

Obeying Acts 2:38 is the only way to join the Promise to become free from the Law.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe that promise and Grace were simultaneously existing at the same time taught by Paul?

You don't think Jesus is the Holy Ghost promise?

You are a preacher?

Who cares about your deflection? ..start another thread if you want to discuss this stuff...

I am not a Preacher..... I am a “ Free Man in Christ” and the TRUE CHIEF Of SINNERS ( step aside,
Paul, there’s a new kid in town) I am Saved because I Believe Paul’s Gospel to the Point Of RESTING in it as I was Commanded to do in Hebrews 4....I have been Blessed because I don’t ADD to Paul’s Gospel with Anything , thereby “ Falling From Grace” and, depending on who you believe, living either a “ beggarly” Walk Of Faith or being damned....I don’t gamble.....I know the Truth—- it’s “ NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD”...... All of you That Sing this song every other Sunday like mindless hypocrites, do God a Favor and tear it out of your Hymnal.....

That song that says “ Just As I Am Without ONE PLEA, except that Thy Blood was Shed for me?” ......Tear “THAT” one out also.......thanks...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who cares about your deflection? ..start another thread if you want to discuss this stuff...

I am not a Preacher..... I am a “ Free Man in Christ” and the TRUE CHIEF Of SINNERS ( step aside,
Paul, there’s a new kid in town) I am Saved because I Believe Paul’s Gospel to the Point Of RESTING in it as I was Commanded to do in Hebrews 4....I have been Blessed because I don’t ADD to Paul’s Gospel with Anything , thereby “ Falling From Grace” and, depending on who you believe, living either a “ beggarly” Walk Of Faith or being damned....I don’t gamble.....I know the Truth—- it’s “ NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD”...... All of you That Sing this song every other Sunday like mindless hypocrites, do God a Favor and tear it out of your Hymnal.....

That song that says “ Just As I Am Without ONE PLEA, except that Thy Blood was Shed for me?” ......Tear “THAT” one out also.......thanks...
You are an Acts skipper.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts skippers have a long lineage, dating back to the council of Nicea.

They should be proud of their heritage.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are an Acts skipper.

And you are a “ Gospel Skipper” ....The “ Gospel” That God will be asking you about on Judgement Day......Read it for yourself—— lucky for you it’s contained within the first 2 Chapters of Romans.....this doesn’t exceed your normal 2 Chapter limit.....go for it!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are a “ Gospel Skipper” ....The “ Gospel” That God will be asking you about on Judgement Day......Read it for yourself—— lucky for you it’s contained within the first 2 Chapters of Romans.....this doesn’t exceed your normal 2 Chapter limit.....go for it!
You skipped Acts again!!!

Bad habit!

Acts skipper witnessing...."Hey sinner, ignore that Acts thingy and check out the epistle to the churches of Rome"...LOL

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question to all Acts skippers. Who was this epistle written to?...

Rom 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints:...

A...sinners.

B....saints.

Pick one.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unscriptural nonsense.

It just keeps getting better, doesn’t it? The following is not from the Bible , but it is True nonetheless—- “ Give Some people enough rope and they will hang themselves” ....the more that he blathers , the more silliness he reveals....this guy has got problems.....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just keeps getting better, doesn’t it? The following is not from the Bible , but it is True nonetheless—- “ Give Some people enough rope and they will hang themselves” ....the more that he blathers , the more silliness he reveals....this guy has got problems.....
LOL

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question to all Acts skippers, who was this epistle written to?...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

A....sinners.

B...saints.

Pick one.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question for Acts skippers:

When exactly in SCRIPTURAL history did Paul cease to command rebaptism in the name Of Jesus as per this?...

19 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When exactly in SCRIPTURAL history did Paul cease to command rebaptism in the name Of Jesus as per this?...

19 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Paul was asking them if they had received the baptism of the Holy Ghost accompanied with speaking in other tongues.

They said they didn't even know there was a Holy Spirit, then told Paul they were baptized by John the Baptist.

Then Paul knew that they did not understand salvation. He tells them of Jesus, that John's baptism was unto repentance in Christ.

When they understood this they accepted Christ. Then Paul had them water baptized and then laid his hands on them and they received the baptism of the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in other tongues.

Reactions: mailmandan

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another fact...

Obeying Acts 2:38 is the only way to join the Promise to become free from the Law.

Wow! It’s like shooting fish in a barrel ! ( this is gonna be fun....and easy ...)

Paul preached that BELIEVING in his Gospel ALONE ( no mention of water baptism) would cause one to be “ DEAD to the Law!” ( Gal 2:19, Rom 7:4) How “ FREE” is a DEAD MAN to the Law ? 100%.

Want some more ? ( there’s a Ton Of it!)

“ Jesus Christ is *THE END of the LAW* for all of those that * BELIEVE*( Again, no mention of water baptism )

Time to eat....back with more later...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
]LOL

An eloquent defense of your “False and Perverted” Gospel ( Paul’s description, not mine) ....you must be running low on Pablum....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John , as made clear here, baptized those that BELIEVED in the Jesus that would come later and KNEW that they were Sinners that needed this Savior to come (unlike the Pharisees that thought they were “ good enough” and needed no baptism, ) When Jesus actually DID come later These guys did what they “ SHOULD” do.....They Believed in the Jesus That Died for their sins and rose from the Grave —Now That they believed in the REAl Jesus That had arrived and what He accomplished at the Cross , as opposed to the one they were merely looking forward to, they were ready to get water baptized —— done as a public testimony showing on the outside what had now taken place on the inside....

Immersion in water does nothing to Save a person in and of itself if that person is not ALREADY a Saved Believer....The Great Evangelist Oliver Greene tells the Tale Of how HE got water Baptized because he thought it would help him to get into some girls pants! He was not a Christian and did not BECOME a Christian because he got Baptized.....It is the FAITH IN JESUS That *Prompts* the Baptismal Act That Saves—- NOT that Act with a lack of Faith in Jesus....

As I mentioned earlier...Even Hitler got baptized ....you think he us in heaven today?

Last edited: