Adam and Eve Did Not Have Free Will!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh? I got the quote from you! Did you not say "the tree had no unusual power?" That's you that said that! All the other quotes are from the Bible (I realize it ain't CS Lewis, or Augustine.... But they will have to do!).

All the verses I provided are about the tree actually having something special about it. God said the tree was special. Eve said it too, and even the Serpent did. The only one denying that the tree was special... Well, is you. But there I go being "anti-intellectual" again! I'm countering your opinions with the Bible! Shame on me!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh? I got the quote from you! Did you not say "the tree had no unusual power?" That's you that said that! All the other quotes are from the Bible (I realize it ain't CS Lewis, or Augustine.... But they will have to do!).

All the verses I provided are about the tree actually having something special about it. God said the tree was special. Eve said it too, and even the Serpent did. The only one denying that the tree was special... Well, is you. But there I go being "anti-intellectual" again! I'm countering your opinions with the Bible! Shame on me!

I know you were quoting me, you added my name - I said that I do not know where (on the board) you got that quote from, not who wrote it.

None of the verses you provided say anything about the tree being any different from anything else growing in the Garden. It was their action/behavior that opened their eyes, not a magical property of the tree. The serpent lied about what would happen when they ate the fruit:

1. They would not die
2. They would be like gods
3. They would know the difference between Good and Evil.

None of these promises are true.

1. They experienced a spiritual and physical death
2. They were less divine after eating the fruit
3. They did not know the difference between good and evil apart from God.