After 10,000 years in Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T

TravisT

Take a few minutes and try to imagine life in Heaven after being there 10,000 years. Will you ever get bored? Why not? What do you think you will be doing? Lets have a fun discussion about this Wonderful topic that we will all get to experience someday.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Administrator said:
Take a few minutes and try to imagine life in Heaven after being there 10,000 years. Will you ever get bored? Why not? What do you think you will be doing? Lets have a fun discussion about this Wonderful topic that we will all get to experience someday.
There is no life in heaven because it's not the Christian's destination. Our destination is eternal life in the New Jerusalem on the new Earth. No where does the bible say we will be spending eternity in heaven, which is where God resides now.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Administrator said:
This is assuming that time passes or is perceived in the same way in heaven. 10000 years may end up being like nothing at all. I don't think boredom will be a thing, it is an invention of God to prevent idleness and it will not be needed in heaven.

God will continue to do creative works, he won't stay at rest forever. Maybe he will use us for something when that age comes.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think it would be the greatest adventure ever! I couldn't even imagine what life would be like but I know Jesus would be there and so would the Apostles and many, many saints. How awesome would that be! The worship would be outta this world! ;)

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
With millions of other people to meet and get to know, I should think even 10 million years wouldn't be long enough to start getting bored.

StanJ said:
There is no life in heaven because it's not the Christian's destination. Our destination is eternal life in the New Jerusalem on the new Earth. No where does the bible say we will be spending eternity in heaven, which is where God resides now.
I agree - but I'm answering the spirit of the question.

T

TravisT

StanJ said:
Yes, stan you are correct. What do you think you'll be doing in the new earth?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. - Isaiah 65:17

After 10,000 years the planet earth will be a forgotten place for we in heaven.

For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him. - Isaiah 64:4

When we die we must cast the issues of that the next world will be like upon the imagination of God.

T

TravisT

I was really hoping for much more excitment and thought put trying with our limited imaginations to describe what we think Eternity will be like. This is where we will spend forever people.

We get more excited in talking about our next vacation then we do about talking about where we will spend forever.

When i was a new Christian i used to dread the idea of living forever in a place where i would float on a cloud and sing songs all day until i heard John Piper talk about praising God for Eternity. God is infinite and his glory is Infinite and it will take us an eternity to see and wonder and know it all. Think about that for a minute.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

God the Father has the ability to turn mass into plasma, and plasma into mass. Who knows what God has done with the energy and light that make up planet earth in times past? Could it have been dis-associated into plasma and re-associated into mass several times throughout the eternities? Yet it will be dis-associated back into plasma and re-associated into mass yet one more time!

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.- 2 Peter 3:10
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. - Isaiah 65:17

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise. - Luke 23:43
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. - Revelation 2:7

I wish I could get into great detail on what the re-association will be like in the next life... But I have not a clue! David did declare pleasure and joy in the presence of the Lord. So I do not think heaven will be a boring place.

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. - Psalm 16:11

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The children of God that have been saved under the gospel of Grace as taught by Paul are not promised a place on this earth. Our destination is in heaven.

Eph 1:10
10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth — in Him.
NKJV

Eph 3:15
15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
NKJV

Phil 2:9-10
9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
NKJV

Phil 3:17-20 -- Our Citizenship in Heaven
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame — who set their mind on earthly things.
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
NKJV

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Administrator said:
Yes, stan you are correct. What do you think you'll be doing in the new earth?
I really have no idea but it definitely won't be the mundane things we wind up doing in this lifetime. The Bible says 'we will know as we have been known', so I can only assume that life then will be coming from a much different perspective. As a matter of fact the more I think of it the more I have to believe that that life in the new heaven and new Earth will not be governed by time at all but will be outside of time and we'll just exist period.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
H. Richard said:
The children of God that have been saved under the gospel of Grace as taught by Paul are not promised a place on this earth. Our destination is in heaven.
Phil 3:20; For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
NKJV
Yes our citizenship is in heaven... in the Book of life. Rev 20:15
Citizenship is a documented fact. My citizenship is in Ottawa but I live in Calgary. Not the same thing.

T

TravisT

Why do you believe there will be no time on the new earth?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a study that sets up God's plans for each of the following.

1. GOD'S PLAN ON THE EARTH,
2. GOD'S PLAN IN THE HEAVENS,
3. THE FULFILMENT OF GOD'S PLAN.
Written by Tracy Plessinger:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1
God presents his creative act as an act that produced a divided universe, a universe that consists of two parts, the heaven, and the earth. In order to fully understand God's plan we must understand how that plan will be carried out in both of these areas.

If anyone wants to explore this study I will post it in three parts

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Administrator said:
Why do you believe there will be no time on the new earth?
No need for it... at that point God will have accomplished all he wanted to. The reason he created time was to accomplish having a people that would live in worship with him and God didn't live or exist in time when He created time.
Paul addresses that partly in 1st Corinthians 13:8-13

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
No need for it... at that point God will have accomplished all he wanted to. The reason he created time was to accomplish having a people that would live in worship with him and God didn't live or exist in time when He created time.
Worship?? We will love God just as a child loves his/her parents.

Rom 8:15-17
15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out,"Abba, Father."
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, then heirs — heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
NKJV

T

TravisT

StanJ said:
I believe there will be time in the new earth, Mercy and grace new every morning. Worshiping God and singing Songs etc all imply time. Time is the measure of change and we will not be static in our new resurrected bodies. We will not be timeless like God. Time will no longer matter because we will not have a limited amount of it like we do in this life but it will still be there.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
H. Richard said:
Worship?? We will love God just as a child loves his/her parents.
Rom 8:15-17
15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out,"Abba, Father."
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, then heirs — heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
NKJV
This does not deal with our life of immortality, this deals with our walk of salvation which is not quite the same thing.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Administrator said:
I believe there will be time in the new earth, Mercy and grace new every morning. Worshiping God and singing Songs etc all imply time. Time is the measure of change and we will not be static in our new resurrected bodies. We will not be timeless like God. Time will no longer matter because we will not have a limited amount of it like we do in this life but it will still be there.
Part of the reason it will be new is because there will be no seas, and the only water that will be there will be in the River of Life. The other reason it will be new it's because it won't be subject to time or deterioration. It will be at the beginning as it will always be on that in our concept of time and now it will be forever, as we exist then there will be no time as it will be irrelevant. That's why Paul teaches that everything will have it end accept love.