Age for first ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I never saw the sense of paying somebody to punch holes in me that I didn't need.
@Bob Carabbio Well this of course shows that you yourself never experienced the wish!

Even for young men, it became a well established trend 40-odd years ago, let alone for young women. If I even remember at all, some 40-odd years ago at local church baptisms some of the young men being baptized by immersion then would have worn earrings; it was already a very well established custom.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
unpierced ears have better hearing!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Nancy FYI.....saw the other thread on minimalism......I think as regards earrings 'minimalism' can mean different things to different ppl, right?

For some ppl, minimalism = zero earrings/holes

For others, minimalism = single pair of tiny earring/ one pair of holes

For others, minimalism = however many pairs /holes, keep them tiny.........

(2c......am I on track? :) )

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For me I would say anywhere from indifferent to 15 or less.
@mailmandan Yes; and for young men and boys also, my 2c also would be that if I had a son and he really wanted to do it, this would be about the right age.

(cc @Prim For young men also who prefer to wear earrings, piercing is probably also the best way, rather than clip ons.)

Last edited: