Age for first ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age for first ear piercings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Actually — or ideally — what would be or has been the preferred age for the first ear piercings?

(I guess this thread would be described as containing relative trivia questions/poll options...)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm putting 15 or less. I don't exactly remember.
My mom wanted to get hers done but was scared. I told her if she wanted I would get mine done too and I would go first.
I remember that..
Maybe 14/15.. long time ago..
and they don't work anymore lol
used to get infections and lots of scabbing behind the ears.
No matter how much I alcohol them, they just ooze and get red raw.
I stopped wearing earings about a 3-4 years after I got them pierced.
I'm not a jewelry person.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My mom wanted to get hers done but was scared. I told her if she wanted I would get mine done too and I would go first.
I remember that..
@Ziggy Yes, well, mother-daughter bonding - so to speak - by doing it together (sometimes mother doing her 2nds when daughter gets her first) is quite widespread. (Today, there is even father-son bonding with ear piercings: Men's Ear Piercing: Fathers and Sons)

So did your mom keep wearing hers, even though you had to stop wearing yours? :)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As usual, one question has been left off the poll. If "Never" was a poll option, I wonder how many people would tick that box?

Reactions: farouk

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember that..
I voted "15 years or less" but then removed my vote because it seems @farouk is asking our opinion on the ideal or best age for getting ears pierced.

I was age 8, but only got them done because my aunt and uncle wanted to get my sister her ears pierced for her 10th birthday. She wouldn't do it unless I got mine done too. I regret it because somehow mine ended up severely ripped. By the time I was 12, I couldn't wear earrings anymore. So I just have scars.

I don't think there is an ideal age for ear piercings. And I cringe at seeing babies with pierced ears because it's completely unnecessary and that baby didn't have a choice. When I see babies with pierced ears, I see selfish and vain parents.

Each person is different and it should be left up to them to decide. I wouldn't encourage it under age 12.