Age for first ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age for first ear piercings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
@My Dreams FYI...did you see/vote in the poll, above? I think it's done a lot in India, right?

Yes, girls may be after 2nd and erd birthday their ears are puerced. My daughter is 3 and half years will pierce her ears after 6-8 years or later

Reactions: farouk

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ferris Bueller Good question! I think in the Old Testament it was identified with bondservants; Psalm 40 has overtones of this also. I guess it would generally have beed grown men.

So you mean, then, that you waited until 18 to do it?
No, I mean the Bible talks about males bringing the gold of their earrings to Moses to be used in crafting the artifacts of the temple. I may not be remembering all that exactly. I'll scope out the reference later. Sleepy time now.......

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ferris Bueller Are you thinking of Exodus 35.22? "Then all whose hearts moved them, both men and women, came and brought brooches and earrings and signet rings and bracelets, all articles of gold; so did every man who presented an offering of gold to the Lord."
That's it. I mean, I think it is. Is there an earlier account of them bringing their precious metals to the Levites?

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That's it.
@Ferris Bueller It seems that it was something that some men did in Old Testament times. I guess no reason why not today also. So you think it best to wait until 18?

At the small, conservative local church that my wife and I attend, probably a majority of the young men and boys wear earrings, anyway; it's such a widespread custom now (and why not? I guess).

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Heart2Soul Thanks for selecting the vote option. Yes, 16-18 is often a time when it seems suitable to have done, particularly for likely formal occasions; and increasingly young men, too, consider it suitable to have for formal occasions and a lot do it at around that age also. (First earrings usually precede the first tattoo, though, don't they?)

Reactions: Heart2Soul