Age for first ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age for first ear piercings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@April_Rose Thanks for your vote!

Yes, it's so often viewed as worthwhile doing it at that age you voted for, right?

Anyway, at the small, conservative local church that my wife and I attend, probably a majority of the young men and boys wear earrings, anyway; it's such a widespread custom now (and why not? I guess).

Reactions: April_Rose

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't think there is an ideal age for ear piercings.
PS: @TLHKAJ In actual fact, all ages seem to have them now, in some families. Remember when in the late 70s teen girls (and their moms) would get double piercings? now, someone aged 19 in 1979 would be 60 and her mom - say aged 49 then - would now be 90.

For those that want them at what ever age it's pretty widespread now, I guess, even doubles...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was first grade I believe. Lorena's were pierced at 10 months. Sort of a tradition in my family for our ears (ladies) to be pierced young. I hardly wear earrings anymore, but glad I have the holes. Lorena can choose to let the holes grow back together if she desires to when she is older.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Christophany PS: It's so widespread now; I would never give a Christian young man a hard time because he happened to wear ear-studs; it should be recognized just how widespread it is.