Age for first ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age for first ear piercings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@WaterSong Yes, like that they feel they are really doing it for them, and no one else, right?
I can't say every one of them is doing it solely for themselves. However, I will say, even if they are compelled to pierce their ears, or anything else for that matter, and choose to have the procedure then that in itself is their choice.
Some kids get piercings to be like their friends, etc... It's the individuals choice to go through with the decision that marks the alteration of their flesh from before to after the elective procedure.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I can't say every one of them is doing it solely for themselves. However, I will say, even if they are compelled to pierce their ears, or anything else for that matter, and choose to have the procedure then that in itself is their choice.
Some kids get piercings to be like their friends, etc... It's the individuals choice to go through with the decision that marks the alteration of their flesh from before to after the elective procedure.
@WaterSong I take the point about, for example, teenage girls often doing what other teenage girls do.

And - even insofar as I remember at all - all the boys playing football in my street wore earrings.

So there is such a thing as peer pressure.

But in any case good for them to decide to have it done, and not someone else, I guess...