Age for first ear piercings?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age for first ear piercings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
long time ago..
and they don't work anymore lol
used to get infections and lots of scabbing behind the ears.
@Ziggy PS: Sometimes getting them re-pierced is a solution that works - assuming of course that the person is interested enough to do it, which may not be the case...

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy In any case, double piercing ears has been widespread and popular for over 40 years since teen girls - and their moms - started doing it: those that were interested, that is...
farouk.... o_O

:D

God Bless you brother..
I suppose for those who are interested, that is, ...

Hugs :D

Reactions: farouk

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Many are not interested; and many indeed are...right?
It's 6:30 am where I am. We have severe wind warnings. I'm watching branches of trees whisk across the lawn.
I haven't slept all night, the roof is rattling terribly. They say it will be rough until aour 4PM today.
If I should lose power, and I don't reply.....
I'm not ignoring you..
I'm just letting you know..ok..

Now, pierced earings..
Some people go to stores just to buy them. They give them as gifts. Some are real pretty and some not so much. But I guess it depends on one's taste.
I prefer the smaller, tiny ones like studs or the little diamonds. Or little butterfys. I'm not much for the big loopy ones. They always kind of got caught on my sweaters or turtlenecks.

Sadly, I found out that my skin don't like jewelry of any kind. Not even plastic bracelets.
Even certain scarfs made with rough material makes my skin rash.
I guess I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to stuff.

I wear sweat pants and T-shirts or sweatshirts most the time. Now they are my dad's. Because when I left my last home in florida, I had to take 10 cats a dog and my mother in law on a 3 day trip to maine. So I didn't have much room for suitcases. I had a small plastic bag filled with underwear and socks though. At least those are mine.

My income from SS is such that I have to choose sometimes between maybe a pair of boots for winter or windshield washer for my car.
So I don't even have the luxery of contemplating things like pierced earings.
Even though, I suppose it could be an interesting topic for some people that can afford such things.

So what is interesting about pierced ears for you?

Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's 6:30 am where I am. We have severe wind warnings. I'm watching branches of trees whisk across the lawn.
I haven't slept all night, the roof is rattling terribly. They say it will be rough until aour 4PM today.
If I should lose power, and I don't reply.....
I'm not ignoring you..
I'm just letting you know..ok..

Now, pierced earings..
Some people go to stores just to buy them. They give them as gifts. Some are real pretty and some not so much. But I guess it depends on one's taste.
I prefer the smaller, tiny ones like studs or the little diamonds. Or little butterfys. I'm not much for the big loopy ones. They always kind of got caught on my sweaters or turtlenecks.

Sadly, I found out that my skin don't like jewelry of any kind. Not even plastic bracelets.
Even certain scarfs made with rough material makes my skin rash.
I guess I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to stuff.

I wear sweat pants and T-shirts or sweatshirts most the time. Now they are my dad's. Because when I left my last home in florida, I had to take 10 cats a dog and my mother in law on a 3 day trip to maine. So I didn't have much room for suitcases. I had a small plastic bag filled with underwear and socks though. At least those are mine.

My income from SS is such that I have to choose sometimes between maybe a pair of boots for winter or windshield washer for my car.
So I don't even have the luxery of contemplating things like pierced earings.
Even though, I suppose it could be an interesting topic for some people that can afford such things.

So what is interesting about pierced ears for you?

Hugs
@Ziggy It's topical; some men do it as well as women; and the studs ("I prefer the smaller, tiny ones like studs") make for good Christmas/b-day gifts, don't they? suitable for granddaughters/grandsons, etc.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Ziggy Some ppl do really like the shoulder huggers; they do move, of course, while the studs by definition stay still. For a guy studs are particularly suitable. I imagine at Christmas a lot of guys will be getting studs.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy PS: Maybe not your grandson, though...but who knows? :)
I tell you what,
My Grandson is 18, he is autistic.
He is over 6 feet tall and big..
You ask him if he would like you to put a needle in his ear....
ummmm...
He has the mind of a 5 year old. And 5 year olds don't like needles much, if I remember right.
My daughter has all she can do to give him hair cuts. She has to use scissors because the buzzer scares him.
I don't see him getting pierced ears in the future....
but if he knew it would drive his mom crazy..
he might.. LOL

Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I tell you what,
My Grandson is 18, he is autistic.
He is over 6 feet tall and big..
You ask him if he would like you to put a needle in his ear....
ummmm...
He has the mind of a 5 year old. And 5 year olds don't like needles much, if I remember right.
My daughter has all she can do to give him hair cuts. She has to use scissors because the buzzer scares him.
I don't see him getting pierced ears in the future....
but if he knew it would drive his mom crazy..
he might.. LOL

Hugs
@Ziggy Well, you must know, anyway... Or, rather, he must know... :)

For a young man it can actually be quite a classy acquisition to have studs put in one or both earlobes. I have a male cousin - and he's not young - and he has had an earring for years and years; decades, in fact. Everyone in the family knows it's there; no one says anything; it's just there...it's what a lot of men do, now, and have done for decades. It's for the young man himself to decide in the end whether a classy acquisition like such studs are for him, though.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Well, you must know, anyway... Or, rather, he must know... :)

For a young man it can actually be quite a classy acquisition to have studs put in one or both earlobes. I have a male cousin - and he's not young - and he has had an earring for years and years; decades, in fact. Everyone in the family knows it's there; no one says anything; it's just there...it's what a lot of men do, now, and have done for decades. It's for the young man himself to decide in the end whether a classy acquisition like such studs are for him, though.

Quote: " Well, you must know, anyway... "

What I do know, is I wouldn't be the one doing it..
:cool:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Quote: " Well, you must know, anyway... "

What I do know, is I wouldn't be the one doing it..
:cool:
@Ziggy What I meant was, you know him far better.

Anyway, rather than at home, it may work best if the lady at the mall jeweler does it (even though a young person's mom or grandma could in theory do it at home).

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy What I meant was, you know him far better.

Anyway, rather than at home, it may work best if the lady at the mall jeweler does it (even though a young person's mom or grandma could in theory do it at home).
I thought it was funny.. :p

My grandsom broke his teachers nose once. Not on purpose. He got angry and was wailing around and her face came in contact with his head.
My daughter took him to a psychologist to check his recognition of pictures.
He got impatient and told the doctor to go F himself. My daughter almost climbed in a whole to hide.
They were at a police station on some frivilous video tape thing and she had to go and sign some papers.
While they was there Nick picked up the officers pen and put it in his pocket.
Of course the question she was there for, was Blockbuster video had accused her of not returning a video (theft)
but she had proof she had, and that's why they was there..
And then when Nick took the pen...
LOL

LOL

LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I glad she's his mom.. LOL
Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I thought it was funny.. :p

My grandsom broke his teachers nose once. Not on purpose. He got angry and was wailing around and her face came in contact with his head.
My daughter took him to a psychologist to check his recognition of pictures.
He got impatient and told the doctor to go F himself. My daughter almost climbed in a whole to hide.
They were at a police station on some frivilous video tape thing and she had to go and sign some papers.
While they was there Nick picked up the officers pen and put it in his pocket.
Of course the question she was there for, was Blockbuster video had accused her of not returning a video (theft)
but she had proof she had, and that's why they was there..
And then when Nick took the pen...
LOL

LOL

LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I glad she's his mom.. LOL
Hugs
@Ziggy Memories, right? :)

Anyway, so he hasn't had his ears pierced yet, then...