AI Trolls?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we being trolled by AI bots? It seems like it to me. Shallow and incomplete knowledge of Scripture? Simplistic arguments? Inability to answer appropriately to more nuanced responses?

I get AI robo-calls at my work now on a regular basis. It seems the same kinds of responses that stump the robo-callers also seem to shut down suspected AI bots.

What do you think?

Much love!

Reactions: Lizbeth and TLHKAJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this is true, engaging with AI bots only makes them more devious.

Much love!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's quite possible. Have you noticed all the AI-generated videos on YT? Pay close attention. They'll throw content out to your YT feed based on what you've been watching and searching, and based on your conversations that they listen in on.

I think it's a good idea for us to find ways to do things without and away from our electronics for chunks of time during the days. Time doing yard work, gardening, taking walks, sitting in the sun and listening to nature, etc ....outside with our Bibles, maybe an "old fashioned" CD or MP3 player (with no wifi or Bluetooth capabilities) listening to worship music while we work ....things like that.

Reactions: marks

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's quite possible. Have you noticed all the AI-generated videos on YT? Pay close attention. They'll throw content out to your YT feed based on what you've been watching and searching, and based on your conversations that they listen in on. I think it's a good idea for us to find ways to do things without and away from our electronics for chunks of time during the days.
Also, if you like a video or have a YT account and save.

I think it would explain the number of Trolls and their focus. Notice when the Israel Hamas war started, Trolls supporting Hamas,or striving to make Judaism look bad under an account that claimed to be Jewish,even in their screen name,started to join?

Would there be something in their IP address that would show they're a bot?

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's quite possible. Have you noticed all the AI-generated videos on YT? Pay close attention. They'll throw content out to your YT feed based on what you've been watching and searching, and based on your conversations that they listen in on. I think it's a good idea for us to find ways to do things without and away from our electronics for chunks of time during the days.
I don't do too much on YouTube beyond my hymns and sermons from known sources, and all those cat vids, "workers that are at totally higher level", the newest air car, stuff like that.

But I expect you are fully correct!

I don't have a smart phone, I don't have home internet, my wife feels exactly like I do about this, so we have real limits to our online access. I agree on that part too!

Much love!

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we being trolled by AI bots? It seems like it to me. Shallow and incomplete knowledge of Scripture? Simplistic arguments? Inability to answer appropriately to more nuanced responses?

I get AI robo-calls at my work now on a regular basis. It seems the same kinds of responses that stump the robo-callers also seem to shut down suspected AI bots.

What do you think?

Much love!
I thought of your thread here when I opened an old thread posted by a new member months ago.
It was just revived after being dormant for nearly a month.

Read the OP. Does that sound like a language style a bot would use? It just doesn't ring true to how a human communicates.

Then scroll down to the reply by TomKBrown. He's another new member who joined the month following the new member who wrote that OP. Both he and Fred have very few posts. And Tom's language style is similar to Fred's.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought of your thread here when I opened an old thread posted by a new member months ago.
It was just revived after being dormant for nearly a month.

Read the OP. Does that sound like a language style a bot would use? It just doesn't ring true to how a human communicates.

Then scroll down to the reply by TomKBrown. He's another new member who joined the month following the new member who wrote that OP. Both he and Fred have very few posts. And Tom's language style is similar to Fred's.
Tom has much better grammar and punctuation than Fred. I certainly see what you mean just the same! Tom is very formal and oddly succinct.

It's an interesting thing to think about for me, that we will be, and probibly are now, interacting unknowingly with AI impersonating humans.

Much love!

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

What do you think?

Much love!
I've been suspecting it....wonder if there is any way to know for sure.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been suspecting it....wonder if there is any way to know for sure.
I don't know, but I'm going with, "If it quacks like a duck . . ." I'm not going to be the one to sharpen them up. I think this is a great time to double down on ignoring ignorant questions.

What always seems to confound AI when I'm engaging it are questions that are not directly responsive to their topic, while still in line with it, but that require a more thoughtful answer, or knowledge not part of their discussion as of yet. But as they get better, that won't work as well.

Much love!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know, but I'm going with, "If it quacks like a duck . . ." I'm not going to be the one to sharpen them up. I think this is a great time to double down on ignoring ignorant questions.

What always seems to confound AI when I'm engaging it are questions that are not directly responsive to their topic, while still in line with it, but that require a more thoughtful answer, or knowledge not part of their discussion as of yet. But as they get better, that won't work as well.

Much love!
They have developed AI far beyond what most people realize.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have developed AI far beyond what most people realize.
I can believe that. I saw an advertisement a few months ago that featured a beautiful woman as the spokesperson.
Turns out she doesn't actually exist. She's AI.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AI "people" is referred to as Deepfake.
Just ask Keanu Reeves.

ModelScope is also out there in the meme sphere. It claims to be able to take any sentence and create a video from it.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Much love!
Think it should be illegal to use AI without clearly identifying it as such. It seems fraudulent otherwise.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think it should be illegal to use AI without clearly identifying it as such. It seems fraudulent otherwise.
Just the same, there's a lot of it going around. Universities are starting to wonder how they will know if a student actually wrote a paper.

Much love!

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lizbeth