All eschatological views are correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
All three are as square pegs in round holes.

First these must all be rightly divided as to what is in the world, and what is in the kingdom (heaven).
  1. This, as Jesus said, describes things being "as the days of Noah": while most are unaware. But you have dismissed this one because most put too much thought into "great tribulation." This is unbelief. There is only one tribulation that is greater than all others: The crucifixion of Christ--he took it all upon himself--there is nothing more. As for us experiencing tribulations great and small--such is life in the world. For us who are His, "to live is Christ" in who's sufferings we have our share. In other words, there is no great tribulation event yet to come, thus, people will possibly be caught unaware, eating and drinking, and marrying, etc..
  2. This is a foreshadowing of the coming of Christ upon whom all tribulations result in His blood.
  3. This is Jesus coming to gather the elect--which happens "not by observation", but in spirit, meaning not in the world, but in the presence of God, in heavenly places--in the judgement.
I do think the tribulation of Matthew 24 and the tribulation principle in John 16.33 are distinct, and helpful to remember.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do think the tribulation of Matthew 24 and the tribulation principle in John 16.33 are distinct, and helpful to remember.
Nonetheless, there is no greater tribulation [ever] than that which Christ suffered once for all.

It is also quite amazing that Jesus even said "this time"...and so many just pass right over it and push it off as if some would-be event could somehow be greater than Christ being forsake by the Father to save us all from sin, the sacrifice of the Lamb of God. Just amazing!

"For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be." Matthew 24:21

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rapture is not the same as the return of Jesus.
The catching up IS the rapture.
1 Thess. 4:6 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

That verse proves the second coming and rapture are the same day.

Reactions: ScottA

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had to start a thread because I want to know why they can’t be all correct and my posts in other threads receive only crickets, like what I say is a complete impossibility.

Why can’t pre, mid and post trib gatherings all be correct? Literal harvests are done in three stages. There’s the first pick of what’s ripe, leaving what’s not yet ripe and ready, then there’s the large haul, then there’s a gleaning.

So why do we think all of Gods harvest absolutely must be gathered at one exact time?
You lost me at "crickets." How can they all be correct?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that will be raptured are those born-again believers that are looking for Jesus to return in the clouds and catch them up those that are not looking for Jesus to return will not be caught up.

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and """unto them that look for him shall he appear""" the second time without sin unto salvation.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had to start a thread because I want to know why they can’t be all correct...
Here's your answer. Let's say you are an elementary school teacher and you have given a math test to your students. So here is what you get back after the test is completed:

Student A -- 2 + 2 =3
Student B -- 2 + 2 = 6
Student C -- 2 + 2 = 22
Student D -- 2 + 2 = 4
Now are you going to accept all the answers or only the correct answer?

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I had to start a thread because I want to know why they can’t be all correct and my posts in other threads receive only crickets, like what I say is a complete impossibility.

Why can’t pre, mid and post trib gatherings all be correct? Literal harvests are done in three stages. There’s the first pick of what’s ripe, leaving what’s not yet ripe and ready, then there’s the large haul, then there’s a gleaning.

So why do we think all of Gods harvest absolutely must be gathered at one exact time?
I think this is actually an important question. Not….that I think all views might ALL happen…I’m not sure that’s entirely supportable by scripture. However, I have often…and frequently, thought that the current systems, as they stand, are wanting. Each one has points of strength and validation…but clear weaknesses. What if we are missing the forest for the trees, so to speak? What if the truth will actually turn out to be some of all?
I’m not sure, eschatology and certain prophetic passages being what they are, that we’ll ever really know the truth until it all comes to pass. However…there is, I think, a slight benefit in the muddled mess we have now….it certainly keeps the conversation and topic of Christ’s return on our minds and hearts. Which cannot be a bad thing…unless we let it devolve into nastiness. And I suppose, unfortunately, it often does. Something we need to grow in…or try to.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why can’t pre, mid and post trib gatherings all be correct? Literal harvests are done in three stages.

Sometimes there are many many harvests because some things are ready to be picked one month, but more the next etc so those just can't be used as examples.

The bible says the rapture or harvest of the saints happens all at the same time and both Paul and Christ placed it after the Great Tribulation has ended. I can show the scriptures for that if needed.

The only other harvest (in Revelation 14) is of the unsaved and they receive punishment.

There is no 3rd harvest of people.

Rev 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
Rev 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
Rev 14:16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

First harvest (the rapture)

Rev 14:17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
Rev 14:18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
Rev 14:19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
Rev 14:20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

Second harvest.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's your answer. Let's say you are an elementary school teacher and you have given a math test to your students. So here is what you get back after the test is completed:

Student A -- 2 + 2 =3
Student B -- 2 + 2 = 6
Student C -- 2 + 2 = 22
Student D -- 2 + 2 = 4
Mmmm…unfortunately the bible doesn’t come in convenient numbers that can be added in such black and white ‘wrong and right’ answers. Now…if your numbers were perhaps algebra values…of those weird little squiggles that math nerds can somehow work with…that might be more accurate to what you’re describing. Because first one must decide the value of the ‘number’ (or letter) before they can calculate the correct answer. The problem seeming to be….it depends on ones hermeneutic as to how those values are interpreted.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

All eschatological views are correct?
I don't think so and the reason being is their eschatological construct if faulty ie, the premise is built on misinterpretations.

The rescue mission at a time of much stress ie, Jesus' return is the final event of this age. He will come to give to his people the promise which they have been waiting for for so long ie, eternal life. That is the promise

Daniel 12:1-3 “At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered. 2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.

He will take them to where he is.

Reactions: Brakelite

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Student A -- 2 + 2 =3
Student B -- 2 + 2 = 6
Student C -- 2 + 2 = 22
Student D -- 2 + 2 = 4
They tell the story of a man who was interviewing candidates to be his accountant. The final question in the interview was always, "And what is two plus two?" And the candidates would look at him funny and answer "Four, of course". But one candidate, when asked the final question, "What is two plus two?", looked around to see if anyone was listening, leaned forward and said in a low, conspiratorial voice, "What do you WANT it to be?"

He got the job.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just set aside the harvests for the moment. Eschatology is not complicated and follows a logical sequence. So what are the major future events plaid out in Scripture?

1. The Resurrection/Rapture
2. The reign of the Antichrist
3. The Tribulation
4. The Great Tribulation
5. The Second Coming of Christ
6. The Millennium
7. The Great White Throne Judgment
8. The dissolution of the atmospheric heavens ad the earth
9. The establishment of the New Heavens and the New Earth
10. The eternal and universal Kingdom of God under Christ

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just set aside the harvests for the moment. Eschatology is not complicated and follows a logical sequence. So what are the major future events plaid out in Scripture?

3. The Tribulation
4. The Great Tribulation
6. The Millennium
lol Enoch.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

3. The Tribulation
4. The Great Tribulation
6. The Millennium

1. The Apostasy
3. The Great Tribulation
4. The Second Coming of Christ
5. The Resurrection/Rapture
6. The Millennium

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I had to start a thread because I want to know why they can’t be all correct and my posts in other threads receive only crickets,
Hi stunnedbygrace.
Crickets you say?
I hope you don't kill them. When they come inside we flick them into a cup and cover it then release them outside away from the house.
Crickets.jpg

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi stunnedbygrace.
Crickets you say?
I hope you don't kill them. When they come inside we flick them into a cup and cover it then release them outside away from the house.
View attachment 20455
The bat and ball used in Australia has renown from England to India. There's gotta be something about that in Prophecy. Could it be the King of the South having it out with the King of the North?

I'm sure we could slot it in there somewhere; I mean, it would make it relevant for the 21st century wouldn't it?......just imagine the crowds it would draw. A new Church could be started and just think of the money!....of course we won't mention that, it gives it a bad colouring.