All Faith of God is Twofold

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

God says that His faith is always with both substance and evidence.

Like two halves and sides of the same coin, if there is not both sides, then there is no true coin.

The faith that is of God, is both it's substance and it's evidence, that is never one without the other.

The substance is believing God, and the evidence is obeying God.

Both are called the faith of God, because it takes faith to believe that God is, and it takes faith to believe that God can be obeyed.

Therefore, saying we believe there is one true God is good, but until we obey Him, our faith is no more good than that of devils.

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

We can believe that God is, without doing anything, but we cannot possibly believe that we can obey God without doing so.

Faith alone without works is dead, because it is only one half of a gold coin, that is only true with both.

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Like love and repentance, we can believe in it, but until we do it, there is only vain and useless imagination about it:

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Believing in the faith of God is nothing, until we believe in the faith of God to obey Him:

And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The faith of God is always twofold: Believing that God is, and believing that God can be obeyed.

The faith of God that saves, is therefore never alone without the faith of God that justifies by works.

It is no mystery that those who preach only one half of the truth of God's faith, also declare it is not possible to do the other half of faith at all times.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Their faith alone is dead, because it's their own faith alone, and not the faith of Jesus that also believes He can be obeyed in all things.

Like the devils, they believe in half a faith, that He is the true God, but also like the devils, they don't believe in the half of obeying Him as God forever.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a man does not believe he can obey God at all times in this life, how then will he believe he can after the grave?

I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Jesus comes to find His whole faith on earth, not after the grave.

In this is the Scripture fulfilled, that Abraham believed God, and God knew Abraham believed he could obey God in all things, after offering up Isaac.

Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

As with only having one side of the coin and half the truth of God's faith, so is the coin dead and useless without the other half and whole truth of God's faith.

Only the faith with works, is the whole and complete faith of God fulfilled in us.

Without works of faith, the faith we have is half of the truth of God alone, and that half-faith alone can save no man, without the whole faith of works that justifies a man with God.

A grain of mustard seed is nothing, until it takes root to grow.