All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Woe to you free willers hoping in your choice to be saved yet the Christ states with man it is impossible but with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:25-26)!

Prior posted 'woe to you free willers' (in this thread)

Proofs of God's Sovereignty In Man's Salvation and Freewiller's Distortions of Scripture includng the Lord Jesus' words of "you did not choose me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) (in this thread)

The Word of God, quoted in the following links, reveals that freewill is a treacherously rebellious and damnable lie.

These posts of this thread remain true, accurate, legitimate, legal, and Godly:

- "The Righteous Sovereignty Of God Post" (in this thread)

- "The Audience Of Lord Jesus For John 14:16 And John 15:16 Are All Dicsiples In All Time Post" (in this thread)

- "Matthias And Joseph In Exhibit 7 With The Lord Jesus And The Apostles 'All the Time' Post" (in this thread)

- "The Logic Statement (IF/THEN) Eliminating Any Question Of The Audience For The Supper Recorded In John Chapters 13-17 Being All Disciples In All Time Post" (in this thread)

- "(1) The Twelve mentioned in Matthew 26:20 et. al. does not indicate "only" the twelve, (2) Lord Jesus indicates that the content of John chapters 13-17 applies to all His disciples of all time according to His words recorded in John 17:20, and (3) the "you" in John 14:16 as well as the "you" in John 15:16 referring to all the disciples of Jesus in all time because of the about 120 recorded in Acts 1:15 and Acts 2:1-4 being indwelt by the Holy Spirit as well as the people at Cornelius' place recorded in Acts 10:44 being indwelt by the Holy Spirit"

- "The Repentance Is From God Not Conjured Up In Man By Man Post" (in this thread)

- "The Biblical Definition of Disciple Includes More People Than The 12 Apostles Post" (in this thread)

- "The Audience, Salvation, And 'I chose you' Words of Lord Jesus In John 15:16 and John 15:19 Post" (in this thread)

- "The God Chooses/Elects Unto Salvation Post" (in this thread)

- "Lord Jesus Describes Part Of His Essence/Character - God Alone Chooses In Salvation Doctrine Post" (in this thread)

- "The Genesis 1:31, Genesis 2:16-17, and Joshua 24:15 Reveal The Sovereignty Of God In Man's Salvation Post" (in this thread)

- "The Addendum to Genesis 1:31, Genesis 2:16-17 Post Explaining Absence Of Choose Conjugate As Well As IF/THEN Application In Genesis 1-3 Post" (in this thread)

- "The 1 Timothy 2:4 Exposited Truthfully That The Work Is Not Of Man Rather The Work Is Of God Post" (in this thread)

- "Demonstrating 'Whole World' Indicates Multiple Meanings Regarding People In First John Where Two Starkly Differing Uses Of 'World' Occur (1 John 2:2 and 1 John 5:19) Post" (in this thread)

- "The Further Use Of 'World' Exposited Truthfully Demonstrating That Belief/Faith In A Believer Is A Work of God - John 3:16 and John 6:29 and John 15:16 Post" (in this thread)

- "The Intrinsic Quality of Christ Jesus as God Choosing People for Salvation Not Vice Versa Post" (in this thread)

- "The Blessed Assurance of True Godly Worship and Love Post" (in this thread)

- "The Blood of Christ Being The Wedding Garment in Matthew 22:1-14 Post" (in this thread)

- "Both the promise of the Holy Spirit and the declaration by Lord Jesus that God chooses people not people choosing God occur in the self-same supper encounter described by the Apostle John in chapters 13 - 17 Post" (in this thread)

Free-Will Doctrinal Error Amplified By Faulty English Translations And Free-Willian Lust For Glory In Salvation Exposed:

+ "@Taken: Do Not Be Taken Away In Free-will Error By Faulty English Translations (Includes Faulty Change Covenant To Agreement Rebuttal) Post" (in this thread)

+ "@GodsGrace: List of Lies About History Post" (in this thread)

+ "@GodsGrace: Illegally Try To Shoehorn 'Choose' Into John 3:16 Post" (in this thread)

+ "@GodsGrace: The Majesty of God in Matthew 6:13 - God leads, God delivers; God's Power Forever, God's Glory Forever Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: Beholding Greek of 1 Peter 1:21-22 to see "God the souls of you having-purified in the obedience of-the truth" NOT people purifying themselves RATHER God purifying people Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: Vessels Of Mercy Obey God In God's Power Versus Vessels Of Destruction Deny God's Word In Their Own Sin Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: Persists In Denial Of The Word Of God By CNKW3 Trying To Make The Apostle Peter Say Different Than Lord Jesus Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: More About Phrases About God's Control Sandwiching The Free-will Illusion Phrase Of The English Mistranslations of 1 Peter 1:22 Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: More About Verses About The Promise Of The Holy Spirit To All Believers In All Time Presented By Lord Jesus At The Supper Recorded In John Chapters 13-17 With The Implications Of Jesus Saying 'You' In John 15:16 Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: More Proof That The Word 'IF' Does Not Denote Ability Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: Obey Defined Is 'To Fulfill The Command' - There Is No 'Choice' In The Definition With Scriptural Support For 'Believe' Not 'Choose To Believe' Post" (in this thread)

+ "@Enoch111: Fails to Understand 'Receive' Definition While Fails To Understand Acts 2 While Failing To Understand John 3:16 Post" (in this thread)

Returning to more of the Word of God, quoted in the following links, reveals that freewill is a treacherously rebellious and damnable lie.

- "God Blesses Us With Biblical History, And Free Willians/Pelagians/Armenians Fail To Understand History Post" (in this thread)

- "A Command Does Not Convey Ability To Carry Out The Command Post" (in this thread)

God saves by God's grace for God's glory! Praise the Lord Jesus!

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does the word EVER say that man CANNOT choose Jesus? These are your exact words.
You provide a clear expression of your blindness, CNKW3! You ask questions when you think you can trap.

Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). Thus, the Word of God speaking to people following Him expresses that all people in all time who come to follow Him can not choose Him.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Cain killed Abel because God made him do it? According to you we are just pawns in Gods sick little game of chess. This isn’t the God I serve.

Joshua a man of God told the people CHOOSE whom you will serve. Jos 24. This makes no sense if it is God only who does the choosing and we are just pawns. Why would God allow a prophet of his to command that his people CHOOSE whether to serve him or not?
And, why did God give David the choice of punishment that he would deliver in 2 Sam 24? If We are incapable of choice then this action makes no sense. Didn’t God know David didn’t have ability to choose?
Look at prov 1...
10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
He is asking his son to CHOOSE not to follow sinners.

23,24 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
YE REFUSED! “I called and he refused”. This was a choice being made to refuse. The spirit is being poured out and they still refused.

28,29 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:
God will punish them because they DID NOT CHOOSE CORRECTLY! This has been true from the beginning of time. It’s what happened to Adam and Eve and it’s what happens today. If you do not choose correctly you will suffer the consequences.
Prov 3:31, same.

Isaiah 7:14-16 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good. For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.
Refuse evil and CHOOSE the good. Jesus would have that ability. And we are made in his image.

Isa 56:4. Eunuchs told to....”choose the things that please me”.

Choice is a part of mans make up and it always has been.

You wrote "So Cain killed Abel because God made him do it? According to you we are just pawns in Gods sick little game of chess", the problem is, you forgot about the devil, the father of lies.

Let's take a look at your like about Joshua 24 (which has already been covered previously)!

In Joshua 24:15, you attempt to insert "free will" into the text of choosing the YHWH; however, read it more carefully, CNKW3, for the passage reveals:

- choose the evil ("gods") on one side of the river

- or

- choose the evil ("gods") on the other side of the river

Joshua concludes with a declarative statement indicating the power of God with "as for me and my house, we will serve YHWH" (Joshua 24:15 no "free will" for Joshua does not say that anyone chooses YHWH God).

THUS JOSHUA 24:15 IS A PROOF TEXT THAT A PERSON CAN ONLY CHOOSE EVIL AT BEST!

Your appeal to the Old Covenant is wrong-headed. The Old Covenant is replaced with the New Covenant for which Lord Jesus said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). Nonetheless, all your citations do not negate Lord Jesus words.

Proverbs 1:10 is a command not a choice.

Proverbs 1:23-24 is akin what you are doing with Lord Jesus' words of "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16), you are not receiving Lord Jesus words.

Proverbs 1:28-29 does not say they had the ability to choose the fear of the LORD.

Proverbs 3:31 is a command and it does not convey ability.

Isaiah 7:14-16 is prophetic - Immanuel is Lord Jesus. Your citation shows your blindness.

Isaiah 56:4 says "choose what pleases Me" not "choose Me" - and the eunuchs appear to BE FOLLOWING ALREADY.

Your appeal to the Old Covenant is wrong-headed. The Old Covenant is replaced with the New Covenant for which Lord Jesus said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). Nonetheless, all your citations do not negate Lord Jesus words.

Choosing the One True God is NOT a part of man's domain, and the man that thinks he chooses God has not chosen the One True God, no, that man chose a false god because Lord Jesus said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). You, CNKW3, claim that you chose, so you have chosen a false god.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I point you to Rom. 8:9.
Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

What does the above passage have to do with anything?
This passage talks about having the Spirit of God and of Christ. But it doesn’t say how the spirit dwells. How does Christ dwell in us? How does one “have the Spirit of Christ”? I believe the Bible teaches that Christ abides in us when we abide IN HIS WORD. It is not through some divine personal selection.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So everyone here is wrong about God...
ONLY YOU are right.

You should think this over,,,if possible.
Just like you don't understand John 15:16, you also do not understand the rest of scripture.

Now, I must say that I admire @CNKW3 ongoing conversation with you.
Of course, you know that I'm not like him. I can't speak to persons that personally insult me and do not answer my questions but just keep repeating the same nonsense.

In Romans 9:1-3 Paul is expressing more love for his Jewish brethren that YOUR god shows for his creation --- us.

If you don't understand this ... too bad.

Would you be willing to show me where in the entire bible free will is taken away from man?

Since calvinism is based on the absence of free will in man,,,I'd like to know where, how and/or when that free will was taken away.

And have you ever noticed what an angry, mean, lifeless, unhappy person Calvin was?

He must have been projecting.
There you go again, GodsGrace, demonstrating your wrong-headed theology. You insult the Living Lord Jesus Who said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) by applying your misunderstanding.

You wrote "In Romans 9:1-3 Paul is expressing more love for his Jewish brethren that YOUR god shows for his creation --- us." Well, not only did you insult the One True God, Lord Jesus, by using a lower case "g", but the Father sent Lord Jesus to redeem His creatures. Lord Jesus redeems His people.

I proclaim this Lord Jesus, but you deny His words of "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) every single time you say you chose Him.

As I've written before, I am not a Calvinist.

I am a Christian, because I believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Lord Jesus reigns in the affairs of men, and the glory of man's salvation is His alone.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You provide a clear expression of your blindness, CNKW3! You ask questions when you think you can trap.

Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). Thus, the Word of God speaking to people following Him expresses that all people in all time who come to follow Him can not choose Him.
It does NOT NOT say that. Nowhere does it say...man CANNOT choose Christ. You are again proving how corrupt you are with the text. Everyone should dismiss you based on this point alone.

Reactions: Enoch111

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does NOT NOT say that. Nowhere does it say...man CANNOT choose Christ. You are again proving how corrupt you are with the text. Everyone should dismiss you based on this point alone.
You fail to understand the Word of God, CNKW3!

Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). Thus, the Word of God speaking to people following Him expresses that all believers in all time who come to follow Him can not choose Him.

This passage indicates that with man it is impossible to be saved - no choice in the matter because impossible!

When the disciples heard [this], they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?"
And looking at [them] Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
(Matthew 19:25-26)

With God, man can be saved by God's choosing!

Nobody should dismiss the words of Lord Jesus nor His meaning - as you suggest to dismiss His words in John 15:16. Such is an eternally fatal error.

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Instead, by YOUR theology,,,,God specifically chooses to send some persons to hell" wrote @GodsGrace .

Well, it sounds like your god does not create everything because according to your narrative all the people that do not "choose" your god go to hell - that means that your god cannot create everything.

Truly, according to the Apostle John, God creates everything, and according to the Apostle Paul, people apart from God are dead in sin. The next two passages show this Truth.

"All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being" wrote the Apostle John (John 1:3).

"You were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience? among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind" wrote the Apostle Paul (Ephesians 2:1-3).

The temple of the LORD are we believers, and God had Zechariah long ago prophesy that the Branch, Lord Jesus Christ, is the One Who now builds the Temple of the LORD. Builds, builds, builds, the work of Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), born again - God's work (John 3:3, John 3:5), faith/belief - God's work (John 6:29, Matthew 19:25-26), works/obedience/fruit - God's work (Matthew 7:15-27, John 14:16-17, John 15:5, Galatians 5:22-23)!

"Behold, a man whose name is Branch, for He will branch out from where He is; and He will build the temple of the LORD. Yes, it is He who will build the temple of the LORD, and He who will bear the honor and sit and rule on His throne. Thus, He will be a priest on His throne, and the counsel of peace will be between the two offices" (Zechariah 6:12-13).

FYI, GodsGrace, I say scripture indicates that people are dead in sin thus under the wrath of God - apart from the saving act of God converting the wretched sinner in the child of God. You do not understand God, so do not make assertions about myself and theology!

You and all Armenians have a seriously distorted theology where man's choice is the Armenians' savior - because your theology denies the Word of God!

Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16), so you cannot choose Jesus; therefore, you have chosen a false god.

Hosanna ("save I pray") in the highest, praise to the gracious and merciful Lord Jesus Christ!

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

What does the above passage have to do with anything?
This passage talks about having the Spirit of God and of Christ. But it doesn’t say how the spirit dwells. How does Christ dwell in us? How does one “have the Spirit of Christ”? I believe the Bible teaches that Christ abides in us when we abide IN HIS WORD. It is not through some divine personal selection.
So then, according to you, everyone who reads the Bible and retains some memory of the words and the events of it, does abide in Christ.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You fail to understand the Word of God, CNKW3!

Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). Thus, the Word of God speaking to people following Him expresses that all believers in all time who come to follow Him can not choose Him.

This passage indicates that with man it is impossible to be saved - no choice in the matter because impossible!

When the disciples heard [this], they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?"
And looking at [them] Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
(Matthew 19:25-26)

With God, man can be saved by God's choosing!

Nobody should dismiss the words of Lord Jesus nor His meaning - as you suggest to dismiss His words in John 15:16. Such is an eternally fatal error.
It does not say....man can be saved by Gods choosing. You changed the word of God. You do that quite a bit. What does the word say about people like that?
Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Somebody might say....this is just for the book of revelation
Yes, but this principle and prohibition is found in the beginning of the Bible (Deut) the middle (prov) and here at the end. Nobody is to add or take away from what the word says. You seem do it a lot.

Reactions: GodsGrace

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then, according to you, everyone who reads the Bible and retains some memory of the words and the events of it, does abide in Christ.
You wouldn’t even know about Christ if it wasn’t for the book. You wouldn’t even know about the Spirit if it wasn’t for the book. So, YES one must know the book to truly know Christ.

John said...
John 20:30-31 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Why was the book WRITTEN? So you might believe and have eternal life. Without the book you would know none of this.
Let’s look at a parallel passage to see what it means to have the Spirit dwell in you..
Ephesians 5:18-19 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Same passage in Colossians.
Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Same message spoken in a slightly different way. You think Paul is teaching two different things?
No. 1 Cor 4:17 puts that idea to rest.
Paul is explaining that...to be filled with the Spirit is to let the word of Christ dwell in you. This is the beautiful thing about true Bible study. God is going to know who truly loves him by who truly loves to study his word.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wouldn’t even know about Christ if it wasn’t for the book. You wouldn’t even know about the Spirit if it wasn’t for the book. So, YES one must know the book to truly know Christ.

John said...
John 20:30-31 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Why was the book WRITTEN? So you might believe and have eternal life. Without the book you would know none of this.
Let’s look at a parallel passage to see what it means to have the Spirit dwell in you..
Ephesians 5:18-19 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Same message spoken in a slightly different way. You think Paul is teaching two different things?
Paul is explaining that...to be filled with the Spirit is to let the word of Christ dwell in you. This is the beautiful thing about true Bible study. God is going to know who truly loves him by who truly loves to study his word.
Yes! I agree that the testimony of the NT scriptures, are the visible evidence that God the Son was made manifest in the flesh, so that all who DO believe in Him, as being God the Father's only means by which people shall be saved, including the Pope.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John said...

BUT...you forgot to mention Luke 11:13 and John 3:3-8.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not say....man can be saved by Gods choosing. You changed the word of God. You do that quite a bit. What does the word say about people like that?
Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Somebody might say....this is just for the book of revelation
Yes, but this principle and prohibition is found in the beginning of the Bible (Deut) the middle (prov) and here at the end. Nobody is to add or take away from what the word says. You seem do it a lot.
@Enoch111 (liked CNKW3's post 1166) and your false theological basis of WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS leads you to and fro working for yourself not working for God, and I assert this based on your scripturally unsupported adamantly propounded claim to freewill choice of God, for example CNKW3's indication that a person must perform the work of obedience by the person's own volition in order to become God's - volition is a work also known as choice - but God says God does the choosing of man in salvation.

The Apostle Peter disagrees with you when he wrote "God the souls of you having-purified in the obedience of-the truth through Spirit" in "The-ones through Him believing into God the One rousing Him out of-dead-ones and esteem to Him giving as-besides the belief of-you and expectation to-be into God the souls of you having-purified in the obedience of-the truth through Spirit into brotherly-affection unfeigned out of-clean heart one-another love-you earnestly" (1 Peter 1:21-22) thus we believers who believe through Lord Jesus into God are obedient through the Spirit of God. Everyone starts out dead in sins incapable of pleasing God (Ehpesians 2:1, Hebrews 11:6), but God has made us believers alive in Christ (Ephesians 2:5)

The Apostle Paul disagrees with you when he wrote that we believers are saved by God's grace through faith (1) is the gift of God, (2) is not conjured up in we believer, (3) is not a work, (4) the grace of God saves us believers, (6) no one may boast, for example all the free-will claims "I accepted Jesus", "I chose Jesus", and "I opened my heart to Jesus" are boasting in a work of man, and (7) we believers are created in Lord Jesus for good works in other words we believers are born again by the Holy Spirit thus we produce righteous fruit through the Spirit, and here are the words the Apostle Paul wrote verbatim "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them" (Ephesians 2:8-10).

The Apostle John disagrees with you when he wrote "only those whose names are written" "in the book of life from the foundation of the world" in "written in the book of life from the foundation of the world" (Revelation 17:8) and "nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Revelation 21:27) thus God knows the names of God's individuals from the foundation of the world, so there is no surprise for God which persons are elect.

The Apostle Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), disagrees with you when he says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) along with "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word" (John 17:20) thus the Word of God speaking to people currently following Him in the past tense such that all believers hearing His voice recognize the inability to choose Him, so this applies ot all believers in all time; on the other hand, there is the debate that the aorist verb in Greek can be past, present, and future which would still make these words of Lord Jesus applicable to all believers in all time.

Christ Jesus, Lord and God, disagrees with you for He answered "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible" in response to the disciple's question of "Then who can be saved?" (Matthew 19:25-26) because God says God must choose man (John 15:16) after all it is impossible for man to choose, impoosible for man to conjure up belief/faith (John 6:29), impossible for man to cause himself to be born again (John 3:3, John 3:5), impossible for the uncoverted by the Holy Spirit man to please God.

Last edited:

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BUT...you forgot to mention Luke 11:13 and John 3:3-8.
I agree that we receive the HS but the question is HOW? I do not believe we receive a direct and personal indwelling. I believe we today, are indwelled with the Spirit in the same way we are indwelled with the father and the son. Through the word as I demonstrated through EPH 5 and COL 3.
Those in the first century who were personally indwelled with the HS could work the miraculous. That doesn’t happen today.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that we receive the HS but the question is HOW? I do not believe we receive a direct and personal indwelling. I believe we today, are indwelled with the Spirit in the same way we are indwelled with the father and the son. Through the word as I demonstrated through EPH 5 and COL 3.
Those in the first century who were personally indwelled with the HS could work the miraculous. That doesn’t happen today.
Becareful that you don't "short change" God through your personal belief system.
Acts 2
Acts 2[14] But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
[15] For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
[16] But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
[17] And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
[18] And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
[19] And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
[20] The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

[38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
[40] And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Rom. 11[29] For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Becareful that you don't "short change" God through your personal belief system.
Acts 2
Acts 2[14] But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
[15] For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
[16] But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
[17] And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
[18] And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
[19] And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
[20] The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

[38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
[40] And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Rom. 11[29] For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
I’m not short changing anybody.
Paul said...
1 Corinthians 13:8-10 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
These “gifts of the Spirit” have vanished away. You know they have. Only the fakers claim they have anything. I’ve been around “Christians” for years and NOBODY has ever demonstrated anything.
Did they have the gifts of the Spirit in the early church? Yes? Why?
To reveal and confirm the word. Mk 16:20, Heb 2:3,4

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not short changing anybody.
Paul said...
1 Corinthians 13:8-10 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
These “gifts of the Spirit” have vanished away. You know they have. Only the fakers claim they have anything. I’ve been around “Christians” for years and NOBODY has ever demonstrated anything.
Did they have the gifts of the Spirit in the early church? Yes? Why?
To reveal and confirm the word. Mk 16:20, Heb 2:3,4
On the contrary, CNKW3, "when that which is perfect is come" (1 Corinthians 13:10) is referring to Lord Jesus' return prophesied by Him (Matthew 24) - you see, Lord Jesus is perfect!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, CNKW3, "when that which is perfect is come" (1 Corinthians 13:10) is referring to Lord Jesus' return prophesied by Him (Matthew 24) - you see, Lord Jesus is perfect!
Your a Greek scholar...look up the word “perfect” in your lexicon.
It will say this...having reached its end, complete, perfect
So the word really is referring to something that is complete or has reached its end. It’s not talking about sin or sinlessly perfect.

The context is speaking of revelation. That which is in part is the revelation of God that was being preached at the time. So, that which is perfect or complete is ALSO the revelation. When the completed, finished revelation is come the miraculous part will vanish away. It will no longer be needed. Paul did not change thought in mid sentence. He didn’t go from talking about the revealed word to then talking about a sinless Christ. That’s like me saying....this bucket is filled half way with dirt but when I get a full cup of coffee everything will be ok. Makes no sense, just like your false understanding of 1 Cor 13.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your a Greek scholar...look up the word “perfect” in your lexicon.
It will say this...having reached its end, complete, perfect
So the word really is referring to something that is complete or has reached its end. It’s not talking about sin or sinlessly perfect.

The context is speaking of revelation. That which is in part is the revelation of God that was being preached at the time. So, that which is perfect or complete is ALSO the revelation. When the completed, finished revelation is come the miraculous part will vanish away. It will no longer be needed. Paul did not change thought in mid sentence. He didn’t go from talking about the revealed word to then talking about a sinless Christ. That’s like me saying....this bucket is filled half way with dirt but when I get a full cup of coffee everything will be ok. Makes no sense, just like your false understanding of 1 Cor 13.

The context is speaking of Christ's coming in 1 Corinthians 13:10.

Yes, Christ is complete. Christ is perfect! The Word of God is perfect! Jesus Christ is the Word of God (John 1:1, John 1:14)!

Last edited: