All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Woe to willpower believers because you claim to be the "way" because you claim that your choice "binds" the Father to do your will which wickedly opposes Lord Jesus' words of "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me" and "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 14:6, 1 Timothy 2:5, John 15:16)!

Prior posted 'woe to you free willers' (in this thread)

Proofs of God's Sovereignty In Man's Salvation and Freewiller's Distortions of Scripture includng the Lord Jesus' words of "you did not choose me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) (in this thread)

The Word of God, quoted in the following links, reveals that freewill is a treacherously rebellious and damnable lie.

These posts of this thread remain true, accurate, legitimate, legal, and Godly:

- "The Righteous Sovereignty Of God Post" (in this thread)

- "The Audience Of Lord Jesus For John 14:16 And John 15:16 Are All Dicsiples In All Time Post" (in this thread)

- "Matthias And Joseph In Exhibit 7 With The Lord Jesus And The Apostles 'All the Time' Post" (in this thread)

- "The Logic Statement (IF/THEN) Eliminating Any Question Of The Audience For The Supper Recorded In John Chapters 13-17 Being All Disciples In All Time Post" (in this thread)

- "(1) The Twelve mentioned in Matthew 26:20 et. al. does not indicate "only" the twelve, (2) Lord Jesus indicates that the content of John chapters 13-17 applies to all His disciples of all time according to His words recorded in John 17:20, and (3) the "you" in John 14:16 as well as the "you" in John 15:16 referring to all the disciples of Jesus in all time because of the about 120 recorded in Acts 1:15 and Acts 2:1-4 being indwelt by the Holy Spirit as well as the people at Cornelius' place recorded in Acts 10:44 being indwelt by the Holy Spirit"

- "The Repentance Is From God Not Conjured Up In Man By Man Post" (in this thread)

- "The Biblical Definition of Disciple Includes More People Than The 12 Apostles Post" (in this thread)

- "The Audience, Salvation, And 'I chose you' Words of Lord Jesus In John 15:16 and John 15:19 Post" (in this thread)

- "The God Chooses/Elects Unto Salvation Post" (in this thread)

- "Lord Jesus Describes Part Of His Essence/Character - God Alone Chooses In Salvation Doctrine Post" (in this thread)

- "The Genesis 1:31, Genesis 2:16-17, and Joshua 24:15 Reveal The Sovereignty Of God In Man's Salvation Post" (in this thread)

- "The Addendum to Genesis 1:31, Genesis 2:16-17 Post Explaining Absence Of Choose Conjugate As Well As IF/THEN Application In Genesis 1-3 Post" (in this thread)

- "The 1 Timothy 2:4 Exposited Truthfully That The Work Is Not Of Man Rather The Work Is Of God Post" (in this thread)

- "Demonstrating 'Whole World' Indicates Multiple Meanings Regarding People In First John Where Two Starkly Differing Uses Of 'World' Occur (1 John 2:2 and 1 John 5:19) Post" (in this thread)

- "The Further Use Of 'World' Exposited Truthfully Demonstrating That Belief/Faith In A Believer Is A Work of God - John 3:16 and John 6:29 and John 15:16 Post" (in this thread)

- "The Intrinsic Quality of Christ Jesus as God Choosing People for Salvation Not Vice Versa Post" (in this thread)

- "The Blessed Assurance of True Godly Worship and Love Post" (in this thread)

- "The Blood of Christ Being The Wedding Garment in Matthew 22:1-14 Post" (in this thread)

- "Both the promise of the Holy Spirit and the declaration by Lord Jesus that God chooses people not people choosing God occur in the self-same supper encounter described by the Apostle John in chapters 13 - 17 Post" (in this thread)

Free-Will Doctrinal Error Amplified By Faulty English Translations And Free-Willian Lust For Glory In Salvation Exposed:

+ "@Taken: Do Not Be Taken Away In Free-will Error By Faulty English Translations (Includes Faulty Change Covenant To Agreement Rebuttal) Post" (in this thread)

+ "@GodsGrace: List of Lies About History Post" (in this thread)

+ "@GodsGrace: Illegally Try To Shoehorn 'Choose' Into John 3:16 Post" (in this thread)

+ "@GodsGrace: The Majesty of God in Matthew 6:13 - God leads, God delivers; God's Power Forever, God's Glory Forever Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: Beholding Greek of 1 Peter 1:21-22 to see "God the souls of you having-purified in the obedience of-the truth" NOT people purifying themselves RATHER God purifying people Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: Vessels Of Mercy Obey God In God's Power Versus Vessels Of Destruction Deny God's Word In Their Own Sin Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: Persists In Denial Of The Word Of God By CNKW3 Trying To Make The Apostle Peter Say Different Than Lord Jesus Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: More About Phrases About God's Control Sandwiching The Free-will Illusion Phrase Of The English Mistranslations of 1 Peter 1:22 Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: More About Verses About The Promise Of The Holy Spirit To All Believers In All Time Presented By Lord Jesus At The Supper Recorded In John Chapters 13-17 With The Implications Of Jesus Saying 'You' In John 15:16 Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: More Proof That The Word 'IF' Does Not Denote Ability Post" (in this thread)

+ "@CNKW3: Obey Defined Is 'To Fulfill The Command' - There Is No 'Choice' In The Definition With Scriptural Support For 'Believe' Not 'Choose To Believe' Post" (in this thread)

+ "@Enoch111: Fails to Understand 'Receive' Definition While Fails To Understand Acts 2 While Failing To Understand John 3:16 Post" (in this thread)

Returning to more of the Word of God, quoted in the following links, reveals that freewill is a treacherously rebellious and damnable lie.

- "God Blesses Us With Biblical History, And Free Willians/Pelagians/Armenians Fail To Understand History Post" (in this thread)

- "A Command Does Not Convey Ability To Carry Out The Command Post" (in this thread)

God saves by God's grace for God's glory! Praise the Lord Jesus!

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Why didn’t God give Adam and Eve a heart to obey? They were the most perfect creation in all the world. Everything else was good but Adam and Eve were “very good”. But according to you and your people God’s “very good” was not good enough. Nice one.. I’d hate to have to defend this doctrine.
Great point.
I guess it's because this god they worship is a real MONSTER of a god.
He creates lots of people and then sends the majority of them to hell without even giving them a chance to be saved.

SADISTIC god he is.
This certainly is not the God of the bible.

GLORY TO GOD ONLY
ALL GLORY AND HONOR TO YOU LORD.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You continue to harp on a Scripture which you keep on misapplying. And to claim that non-Calvinisitic Christians *chose a false god* is slander and blasphemy. Is there no end to your Calvinistic nonsense?
I am a Christian because I believe in Christ Jesus, Lord and God.

I am not a Calvinist.

And your persist in your error of claiming to choose Jesus Who said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16).

The truth is not slander. Enoch111 and @CNKW3, your claim to works righteousness is your attempted theft from God's glory. You lay claim to God's grace, but God's grace is God's. Behold, works righteousness is blasphemy.

Pelagius taught wrong. Armenius taught wrong. Enoch111 teaches wrong. @CNKW3 teaches wrong.

Lord Jesus teaches rightly! Lord Jesus said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16).

THERE IS NO LEVEL THAT A PERSON CAN CHOOSE LORD JESUS BECAUSE HE SAID "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME, BUT I CHOSE YOU" (JOHN 15:16) - JESUS, BEING GOD, DID NOT PROVIDE ANY EXCEPTION FOR CHOOSING TOWARD JESUS.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great point.
I guess it's because this god they worship is a real MONSTER of a god.
He creates lots of people and then sends the majority of them to hell without even giving them a chance to be saved.

SADISTIC god he is.
This certainly is not the God of the bible.

GLORY TO GOD ONLY
ALL GLORY AND HONOR TO YOU LORD.
You cry out wickedly "MONSTER" at the revealed in scripture One True God, Jesus Christ, Who said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). Your disdain for the Word of God is very evident by your fruit - the treasure of your heart claiming to choose Jesus but Jesus said you cannot. Lord Jesus said:

43 "For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit.
44 "For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush.
45 "The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil [man] out of the evil [treasure] brings forth what is evil;
for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.
46 "Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?
47 "Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like:
48 he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built.
49 "But the one who has heard and has not acted [accordingly], is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great."
(Luke 7:43-49)

People are saved by God's grace, for God's glory. Praise be to the Living Lord Jesus Christ!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GodsGrace, God is not a monster. God is good (Matthew 19:17), and God is love (1 John 4:8). God has me here making my 163rd post in this thread. God has me here to proclaim the Truth (John 14:6). God has me proclaiming the Word of God which clearly states that God is in control (John 15:16). God has me doing other time intensive things, but God has me here, yet God has not left you without a witness about the revealed One True God, Lord Jesus Christ, and His manifest glory. God is not a monster. God is good (Matthew 19:17), and God is love (1 John 4:8).

"Give glory to the LORD your God, Before He brings darkness And before your feet stumble On the dusky mountains, And while you are hoping for light He makes it into deep darkness, [And] turns [it] into gloom" (Jeremiah 13:16).

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@GodsGrace, God is not a monster. God is good (Matthew 19:17), and God is love (1 John 4:8). God has me here making my 163rd post in this thread. God has me here to proclaim the Truth (John 14:6). God has me proclaiming the Word of God which clearly states that God is in control (John 15:16). God has me doing other time intensive things, but God has me here, yet God has not left you without a witness about the revealed One True God, Lord Jesus Christ, and His manifest glory. God is not a monster. God is good (Matthew 19:17), and God is love (1 John 4:8).

"Give glory to the LORD your God, Before He brings darkness And before your feet stumble On the dusky mountains, And while you are hoping for light He makes it into deep darkness, [And] turns [it] into gloom" (Jeremiah 13:16).
God is NOT GOOD,,,,
unless He brings EVERYONE OF HIS CREATION to heaven,,,,
IF it is HE who chooses, as you believe.

See what Paul says in

Romans 9:1-3
1I am telling the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit, 2that I have great sorrow and unceasing grief in my heart. 3For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh,

Sounds to me that Paul loves his brethren more than God does.
Paul wishes HE was accursed INSTEAD OF THEM....

Instead, by YOUR theology,,,,God specifically chooses to send some persons to hell.

Where is the love in that? Maybe Paul should have been God instead of God?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) "Who by him do believe in God" is the Apostle Peter giving glory to God for the faith/belief of believers (1 Peter 1:21).

2) "Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth" the mistranslated English of the Apostle Peter which is a free-will illusion phrase (1 Peter 1:22).

3) "through the Spirit" the Apostle Peter's phrase immediately following the free-will illusion phrase.

CNKW3, even with your faulty translation of 1 Peter 1:22, the free-will illusion phrase is sandwiched between two phrases that clearly give the glory to God. The first being number (1) above revealing belief being the work of God as in John 6:29. The second being number (3) revealing that obedience is fruit of the Spirit.

You need to look an ancient manuscript in Greek of 1 Peter 1:21-22. You need to use a good Greek/English interlinear of 1 Peter 1:21-22. Write out the two verses in a single line, word by word, and that which I presented is revealed.

Now, back to the word for word Greek to English proper translation of the Apostle Peter "The-ones through Him believing into God the One rousing Him out of-dead-ones and esteem to Him giving as-besides the belief of-you and expectation to-be into God the souls of you having-purified in the obedience of-the truth through Spirit into brotherly-affection unfeigned out of-clean heart one-another love-you earnestly" (1 Peter 1:21-22).

Here we find that number (2) above is wrongly translated into English because it is truly a third instance in this short passage about God's control with "God the souls of you having-purified in the obedience of-the truth through Spirit" (1 Peter 1:21-22).

The Apostle Peter is in accord with the Lord Jesus when He said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16).

You remain out of accord with the Lord Jesus when He said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). This means that you chose a false god.
I didn’t think you had any Greek scholarship. Mounce is a Greek scholar and I posted his translation.
Since you have purified · your souls by · obedience to the truth

Let’s look at Jn 6...
You post 29 but I’ve never seen you add 27 and 28 to it. Let’s look at it in context.
John 6:27-28 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus is commanding them to LABOUR or to WORK for that which endureth to everlasting life. He is not making them do this. They in turn ask....what shall WE DO, WE DO, WE DO, that WE might WORK the works of God.
Yes belief is a work of God, but why is it that way?
Is it because it is GOD who does it for you
or
is it a work of God because it is God who has commanded it as a condition of salvation?
There is no faith. There is no salvation without obedience to the conditions God has commanded. Heb 5:9
Rom 10:17. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
Baptism is a work of God. Col 2:12. Why is it so??
Because is it God who has commanded it as a condition of sin removal. When one is baptized God works on them by remitting their sins ac 2:38, blotting out their sins ac 3:19, forgiving their sins Rom 6:17,18, washing away their sins ac 22:16, cutting away their sins with the circumcision made without hands Col 2:11-13.
Whenever you post a passage I show how you misapply and use it out of context. I know you will never change but I do this in hoping that other more reasonable people will see the error in your doctrine and exegesis.

Reactions: GodsGrace

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
- John 14:16-17
- John 14:26
Why didn’t you include vs 25?
John 14:25-26 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Have you ever been present with Christ? Of course not! Only if you are 2000 years old. Then this promise was not made to you. It was made to those he was speaking to, those he was present with.

- John 15:26-27
Already dealt with this one. You haven’t been with Christ from the beginning.

- John 16:7-11
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Did Christ ever go away from you? He would first have to be with you before he could go away from you. Whomever he left is who he sent the comforter to. This is in perfect harmony with acts 1: 4,8

- John 16:13-15
Vs 10. YOU see me no more
Vs 12 I have many more things to say to YOU (same “you” as in vs 10)
You left out 16. How convenient.
16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
Did you ever see Jesus both before and after resurrection? Your exegesis is pathetic. I sure hope you didn’t go to a seminary. It needs to be closed down.

And, Ive already dealt with this but the 120 DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT receive the baptism of the HS in acts 2. It was “men from Galilee”.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
John answers this very point in his letter

14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death.
15 Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.
16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
1 John 3

John is so concerned people get discouraged about their election in the people of God he tells them, rejoice, you know Jesus
because you love His people, have love flowing from you and you obey His commands

2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,
4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
1 John 5

Rest assured if you love His people you love Jesus, for in His people is He revealed.
John's First Epistle is so encouraging about both the believer's vertical - Godward - relationship and the believer's horizontal - manward - relations.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The analogies work perfectly to demonstrate the truth as God has me present.

Let's just have a look-see at Genesis 4:7 - which is the Old Testament - Lord Jesus said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) in the New Testament.

"If you do well, will not [your countenance] be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it." (Genesis 4:7)

1) God did not say "you have the ability to choose to do well"

2) God said "If you do well", that premise does not imply choice, no. That premise can be proven out by ACTION.

3) God said "if you do not do well", that premise does not imply choice, no. That premise can be proven out by ACTION.

4) Cain killed Abel; therefore, Cain did not do well.

5) Thus Cain did an action, there is NO mention of choice.

The word "if" does not denote ability.

The word "if" is a premise presentation construct.

Here is the typical logic structure for "if" statements:
IF <premise> THEN <conclusion>

The <premise> resolves to either TRUE or FALSE. The <premise> denotes a state of being (that is true or false), yet the <premise> does not inherently denote choice nor ability unless explicitly stated within the <premise>.

For example, "if you walk on the moon tomorrow night then I will eat a whole apple pie the next day". Neither the "if" nor the <premise> convey ability nor choice for you to walk on the moon; moreover, the <premise> can only be TRUE by ACTION or FALSE by INACTION. This describes action or inaction not choice.

Free will proponents confuse and conflate this point because persons are either a slave of righteousness (Romans 6:18) or a slave of sin (John 8:24). Apart from an act of God, the sinner acts evilly in sin; therefore, the sinner cannot choose God. Thus, we are right back to the words of Lord Jesus "you did not choose Me, but I chose you (John 15:16).

YOU ARE WRONG, CNKW3, you fail to understand this fundamental grammatical construct - the word IF does not convey ability to choose.
So Cain killed Abel because God made him do it? According to you we are just pawns in Gods sick little game of chess. This isn’t the God I serve.

Joshua a man of God told the people CHOOSE whom you will serve. Jos 24. This makes no sense if it is God only who does the choosing and we are just pawns. Why would God allow a prophet of his to command that his people CHOOSE whether to serve him or not?
And, why did God give David the choice of punishment that he would deliver in 2 Sam 24? If We are incapable of choice then this action makes no sense. Didn’t God know David didn’t have ability to choose?
Look at prov 1...
10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
He is asking his son to CHOOSE not to follow sinners.

23,24 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
YE REFUSED! “I called and he refused”. This was a choice being made to refuse. The spirit is being poured out and they still refused.

28,29 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:
God will punish them because they DID NOT CHOOSE CORRECTLY! This has been true from the beginning of time. It’s what happened to Adam and Eve and it’s what happens today. If you do not choose correctly you will suffer the consequences.
Prov 3:31, same.

Isaiah 7:14-16 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good. For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.
Refuse evil and CHOOSE the good. Jesus would have that ability. And we are made in his image.

Isa 56:4. Eunuchs told to....”choose the things that please me”.

Choice is a part of mans make up and it always has been.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You write "Nowhere does the Bible say this. I notice you are not citing scriptural support for this nonsense", but I cited John 3:3 as scriptural proof. I also cited John 3:16 that states "believe" not "choose to believe" along with John 6:29 that defines belief. I also provided accurate word for word Greek to English of 1 Peter 1:21-22 which supports born again coming before obedience ("through the Spirit" in 1 Peter 1:22). Here are all of these verses:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

"The-ones through Him believing into God the One rousing Him out of-dead-ones and esteem to Him giving as-besides the belief of-you and expectation to-be into God the souls of you having-purified in the obedience of-the truth through Spirit into brotherly-affection unfeigned out of-clean heart one-another love-you earnestly" (1 Peter 1:21-22)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:16)

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29)
Nowhere in these passages does it say that God does the all work and you do none of it.

OBEDIENCE DEFINED

Choice is not the definition of obey. The definition of obey is "to fulfill the command" - there is no "choice" in that definition. Obedience does not imply choice. Obedience is action. OBEDIENCE TO GOD IS A FUNCTION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT WITH RESUTLS FROM A BORN AGAIN BELIEVER GETTING THE HOLY SPIRIT AT THE NEW BIRTH FROM GOD ABOVE.
Do you CHOOSE to fulfill the command or does God make you? God gave Adam and Eve the command to abstain from eating from a certain tree. Did God then turn around and make them eat from the very tree he just commanded them to abstain from? You really believe this nonsense?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
So Cain killed Abel because God made him do it? According to you we are just pawns in Gods sick little game of chess. This isn’t the God I serve.

Joshua a man of God told the people CHOOSE whom you will serve. Jos 24. This makes no sense if it is God only who does the choosing and we are just pawns. Why would God allow a prophet of his to command that his people CHOOSE whether to serve him or not?
And, why did God give David the choice of punishment that he would deliver in 2 Sam 24? If We are incapable of choice then this action makes no sense. Didn’t God know David didn’t have ability to choose?
Look at prov 1...
10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
He is asking his son to CHOOSE not to follow sinners.

23,24 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
YE REFUSED! “I called and he refused”. This was a choice being made to refuse. The spirit is being poured out and they still refused.

28,29 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:
God will punish them because they DID NOT CHOOSE CORRECTLY! This has been true from the beginning of time. It’s what happened to Adam and Eve and it’s what happens today. If you do not choose correctly you will suffer the consequences.
Prov 3:31, same.

Isaiah 7:14-16 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good. For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.
Refuse evil and CHOOSE the good. Jesus would have that ability. And we are made in his image.

Isa 56:4. Eunuchs told to....”choose the things that please me”.

Choice is a part of mans make up and it always has been.
Great posts.
clap.gif

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your disdain for the Word of God is very evident by your fruit - the treasure of your heart claiming to choose Jesus but Jesus said you cannot.
Where does the word EVER say that man CANNOT choose Jesus? These are your exact words.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i get tired of this idea that God selects individuals for salvation. These are called “the elect”.
There is not a person on here that can PROVE they are one of the elect. You can’t demonstrate anything physically. You can’t point to anything in the Bible that proves that you personally have been selected. You can only point to generic passages talking about election. And in those passages there is NOTHING that points directly to you.
So, I want ALL those who think God chose you for election to please stand up and PROVE IT!!!
I point you to Rom. 8:9.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 1
[10] Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
> ALL are called to believe in Jesus, but only few have received the Gift of His Holy Spirit.
"Many are called but few chosen".

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
2 Peter 1
[10] Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
> ALL are called to believe in Jesus, but only few have received the Gift of His Holy Spirit.
"Many are called but few chosen".
Calvinists believe the called are the chosen are the elect.

YOU say ALL are called to believe in Jesus, but only few have received the Holy Spirit.
YOU say the calling refers to everyone.

You can't have it both ways...which is it?
WHO ARE THE CALLED?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is NOT GOOD,,,,
unless He brings EVERYONE OF HIS CREATION to heaven,,,,
IF it is HE who chooses, as you believe.

See what Paul says in

Romans 9:1-3
1I am telling the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience testifies with me in the Holy Spirit, 2that I have great sorrow and unceasing grief in my heart. 3For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh,

Sounds to me that Paul loves his brethren more than God does.
Paul wishes HE was accursed INSTEAD OF THEM....

Instead, by YOUR theology,,,,God specifically chooses to send some persons to hell.

Where is the love in that? Maybe Paul should have been God instead of God?
You theology is so far off, GodsGrace, that you say "God is NOT GOOD" unless God meets YOUR conditions. Right there is another indicator of your false god.

Paul also wrote:

"But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned" (Galatians 2:11).

and

"Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm; the Lord will repay him according to his deeds. Be on guard against him yourself, for he vigorously opposed our teaching. At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me; may it not be counted against them. But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was rescued out of the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him [be] the glory forever and ever. Amen." (2 Timothy 4:14-18)

Behold, GodsGrace, the Apostle Paul opposes WRONG TEACHING.

In Romans 9:1-3, Paul is expressing his desire for the lost to be saved, specifically the Jewish people.

Your theology is so far off, GodsGrace, because you say that you chose Jesus, but Lord Jesus said "you did not choose Me" (John 15:16).

Lord Jesus expression of His being is His control with the words "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16), and this is the Christian theology!

The world is already heading to hell, and nobody can come ot Lord Jesus apart from the Lord Jesus (John 15:5).

It is love to tell people that those people are under delusion, that some might be saved (1 Corinthians 9:22).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t think you had any Greek scholarship. Mounce is a Greek scholar and I posted his translation.
Since you have purified · your souls by · obedience to the truth

Let’s look at Jn 6...
You post 29 but I’ve never seen you add 27 and 28 to it. Let’s look at it in context.
John 6:27-28 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus is commanding them to LABOUR or to WORK for that which endureth to everlasting life. He is not making them do this. They in turn ask....what shall WE DO, WE DO, WE DO, that WE might WORK the works of God.
Yes belief is a work of God, but why is it that way?
Is it because it is GOD who does it for you
or
is it a work of God because it is God who has commanded it as a condition of salvation?
There is no faith. There is no salvation without obedience to the conditions God has commanded. Heb 5:9
Rom 10:17. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
Baptism is a work of God. Col 2:12. Why is it so??
Because is it God who has commanded it as a condition of sin removal. When one is baptized God works on them by remitting their sins ac 2:38, blotting out their sins ac 3:19, forgiving their sins Rom 6:17,18, washing away their sins ac 22:16, cutting away their sins with the circumcision made without hands Col 2:11-13.
Whenever you post a passage I show how you misapply and use it out of context. I know you will never change but I do this in hoping that other more reasonable people will see the error in your doctrine and exegesis.
What you think of me does not matter. Your wrong conception of God is entirely another matter of eternal consequence.

The Apostle Peter "The-ones through Him believing into God the One rousing Him out of-dead-ones and esteem to Him giving as-besides the belief of-you and expectation to-be into God the souls of you having-purified in the obedience of-the truth through Spirit into brotherly-affection unfeigned out of-clean heart one-another love-you earnestly" (1 Peter 1:21-22) according to a word for word translation from Greek to English.

Behold God's control with "God the souls of you having-purified in the obedience of-the truth through Spirit" (1 Peter 1:21-22)!

The Apostle Peter is in accord with the Lord Jesus when He said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16).

You remain out of accord with the Lord Jesus when He said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16). This means that you chose a false god.

In John 6:28 you missed "which the Son of Man will give to you", and this ties very nicely with Lord Jesus' words defining faith/belief as God's work in man when He said "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

The Spirit produces fruit including obedience in the believer (John 3:3, 1 Peter 1:22, Galations 5:22-23).

You still deny the words of Lord Jesus where He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16), so these words of Lord Jesus have much bearing for you "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48).

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You theology is so far off, GodsGrace, that you say "God is NOT GOOD" unless God meets YOUR conditions. Right there is another indicator of your false god.

Paul also wrote:

"But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned" (Galatians 2:11).

and

"Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm; the Lord will repay him according to his deeds. Be on guard against him yourself, for he vigorously opposed our teaching. At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me; may it not be counted against them. But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was rescued out of the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him [be] the glory forever and ever. Amen." (2 Timothy 4:14-18)

Behold, GodsGrace, the Apostle Paul opposes WRONG TEACHING.

In Romans 9:1-3, Paul is expressing his desire for the lost to be saved, specifically the Jewish people.

Your theology is so far off, GodsGrace, because you say that you chose Jesus, but Lord Jesus said "you did not choose Me" (John 15:16).

Lord Jesus expression of His being is His control with the words "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16), and this is the Christian theology!

The world is already heading to hell, and nobody can come ot Lord Jesus apart from the Lord Jesus (John 15:5).

It is love to tell people that those people are under delusion, that some might be saved (1 Corinthians 9:22).
So everyone here is wrong about God...
ONLY YOU are right.

You should think this over,,,if possible.
Just like you don't understand John 15:16, you also do not understand the rest of scripture.

Now, I must say that I admire @CNKW3 ongoing conversation with you.
Of course, you know that I'm not like him. I can't speak to persons that personally insult me and do not answer my questions but just keep repeating the same nonsense.

In Romans 9:1-3 Paul is expressing more love for his Jewish brethren that YOUR god shows for his creation --- us.

If you don't understand this ... too bad.

Would you be willing to show me where in the entire bible free will is taken away from man?

Since calvinism is based on the absence of free will in man,,,I'd like to know where, how and/or when that free will was taken away.

And have you ever noticed what an angry, mean, lifeless, unhappy person Calvin was?

He must have been projecting.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn’t you include vs 25?
John 14:25-26 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Have you ever been present with Christ? Of course not! Only if you are 2000 years old. Then this promise was not made to you. It was made to those he was speaking to, those he was present with.

Already dealt with this one. You haven’t been with Christ from the beginning.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Did Christ ever go away from you? He would first have to be with you before he could go away from you. Whomever he left is who he sent the comforter to. This is in perfect harmony with acts 1: 4,8

Vs 10. YOU see me no more
Vs 12 I have many more things to say to YOU (same “you” as in vs 10)
You left out 16. How convenient.
16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
Did you ever see Jesus both before and after resurrection? Your exegesis is pathetic. I sure hope you didn’t go to a seminary. It needs to be closed down.

And, Ive already dealt with this but the 120 DID NOT, I repeat, DID NOT receive the baptism of the HS in acts 2. It was “men from Galilee”.
Well, now, Lord Jesus says:

25 "These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you."
(John 14:25-26)

So, the promise of the Holy Spirit is to all believers in all time - that is the "you" - the Apostle John under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit included this passage for all believers in all time.

BTW, John 14:25 does not have the "being yet present with you" phrase, you really need to check a Greek manuscript and consult a Greek/English Interlinear.

Much of the rest of your wrong-headed theology has been addressed already, please see the first post on this page 58, including the scriptural truth exposing your delusional lie about the 120 in Acts 2 not receiving the Holy Spirit.

Since the "you" in John 14:25-26 and the "you" in John 15:16 apply to all believers in all time, the Lord Jesus is in control of who gets saved. You say Lord Jesus is not. Lord Jesus says He is in control.