All the fulness of Deity dwells in Him Bodily !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And Jesus is God! So He ALWAYS was good. lol
John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh ...

Do you not ever read the for context the passages that you quote ? - or do you just cherry pick out a phrase or two - with no context attached - hoping to prop up your narrative.

"4 Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. 15 You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. 16 But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. 17 In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. 18 I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”

25 “Who are you?” they asked.

“Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied. 26 “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.”

What part of "The other" .. that other fellow over there .. do you not understand .. the one who sent Jesus is clearly not Jesus.

Why does Jesus need to hear God's word from the Father - if he is "the Father"

27 They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. 28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.”

What part of "Jesus is not the Father" in this passage ... do you not understand ? If Jesus is "the Father" then why did The Father need to teach Jesus things ?

54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word

What part of "I do know him and obey his word" do you not understand ? Jesus is subordinate to the Father ...

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
speaking of the flesh

So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 who have departed from the truth.

Paul is saying in this passage that works are part of the salvation formulation.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not ever read the for context the passages that you quote ? - or do you just cherry pick out a phrase or two - with no context attached - hoping to prop up your narrative.
You don't like my Scriptures?
Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.
Gen 1 In the beginning God created ...
Jesus is God.
"4 Jesus answered, “Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. 15 You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. 16 But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. 17 In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. 18 I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”
John 3:13 (NKJV)
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

“Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied. 26 “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.”

What part of "The other" .. that other fellow over there .. do you not understand .. the one who sent Jesus is clearly not Jesus.

JW? SDA? Unity?
Isaiah 48:12-17 (NKJV)
12 "Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last. 13 Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, And My right hand has stretched out the heavens; When I call to them, They stand up together. 14 "All of you, assemble yourselves, and hear! Who among them has declared these things? The LORD loves him; He shall do His pleasure on Babylon, And His arm shall be against the Chaldeans. 15 I, even I, have spoken; Yes, I have called him, I have brought him, and his way will prosper. 16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord GOD and His Spirit Have sent Me." 17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.
27 They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. 28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.”

What part of "Jesus is not the Father" in this passage ... do you not understand ? If Jesus is "the Father" then why did The Father need to teach Jesus things ?

54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word

What part of "I do know him and obey his word" do you not understand ? Jesus is subordinate to the Father ...
Gen 1 God said let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness.
Father, Son and Holy Spirit!

Jesus is God!
John 1 The Word was God.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't like my Scriptures?
Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.
Gen 1 In the beginning God created ...
Jesus is God.

John 3:13 (NKJV)
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

JW? SDA? Unity?
Isaiah 48:12-17 (NKJV)
12 "Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last. 13 Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, And My right hand has stretched out the heavens; When I call to them, They stand up together. 14 "All of you, assemble yourselves, and hear! Who among them has declared these things? The LORD loves him; He shall do His pleasure on Babylon, And His arm shall be against the Chaldeans. 15 I, even I, have spoken; Yes, I have called him, I have brought him, and his way will prosper. 16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord GOD and His Spirit Have sent Me." 17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go.

Gen 1 God said let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness.
Father, Son and Holy Spirit!

Jesus is God!
John 1 The Word was God.

Not sure what you are trying to say here mate .. none of what you posted supports your claim that Jesus is "The Father.

This is not surprising as there nowhere in scripture does Jesus claim to be "the Father".. on the contrary - Jesus constantly is referring to the "Father" as someone other than himself and from this scripture you run - in a desperate attempt to avoid the Teachings of Jesus.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you are trying to say here mate .. none of what you posted supports your claim that Jesus is "The Father.

This is not surprising as there nowhere in scripture does Jesus claim to be "the Father".. on the contrary - Jesus constantly is referring to the "Father" as someone other than himself and from this scripture you run - in a desperate attempt to avoid the Teachings of Jesus.
I didn't say Jesus is the Father. Father, Son and Holy Spirit make up the ONE True God of the Bible.

But then Jesus did say: John 14:9 (NKJV)
9 He who has seen Me has seen the Father;

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
my guess zues is a jdub ie JW- watchtower bible tract society

While I invite them in - for the sheer enjoyment of messing with them .. I myself am not one of them .. nor do I share their beliefs.

The JW's are pathetic losers who seek to demonize those who have a different perspective on scripture ... when they have no good arguments to back up their claims.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I didn't say Jesus is the Father. Father, Son and Holy Spirit make up the ONE True God of the Bible.

But then Jesus did say: John 14:9 (NKJV)
9 He who has seen Me has seen the Father;

1) Context matters
2) John 14 .. right .. but this does not mean that Jesus is claiming to be the Father.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I invite them in - for the sheer enjoyment of messing with them .. I myself am not one of them .. nor do I share their beliefs.

The JW's are pathetic losers who seek to demonize those who have a different perspective on scripture ... when they have no good arguments to back up their claims.
but you are a unitarian correct ?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Philippians 2 says that Christ Jesus 'though it not robbery to be equal with God'.

Reactions: kcnalp

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a stupid question ... Which God ?
Then you are a unitarian by default since you deny the Deity of Christ. Its as simple as that. The facts are the facts.

And I thought you claimed to understand the trinity(which you do not) and now have no clue what a unitarian is lol.

I love the irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.