All the fulness of Deity dwells in Him Bodily !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're saying Jesus is a sinner! You need to repent!
You must sin to be a sinner.

Jesus did not sin, thanks to the assistance of his inner God(Holy Ghost).

To make sure, he was given the Holy Ghost without measure, unlike us.

The last Adam(redo of the 1st Adam) had assistance.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give me a break .. you have no idea what the rational of Jesus was .. but in any case .. this is a losing position .. as he is clearly distinguishing himself from "The Father" regardless of how he has avoided sin .. or how good he is .. and what the meaning of that part is.

Satan .. remember him .. Do you seriously think Satan would ask God to bow down to him ? .. and even if you do .. or can mind bend your way around that one .. there is no way the Mark or any of Christianity at the time would have accepted this .. they would have burned the book outright .. Mark would never have wrote such a thing .. and he didn't .. because neither the author nor the audience believed that Jesus was God .. and Satan Didn't either .. nor did Jesus apparently for not bitch slapping Satan for asking the Father to Bow to him.
Satan tempted Jesus. This means Jesus had the ability to obey him, yet willingly refused.

This is how Jesus says we must overcome sin like he did.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God cannot stop being God for the Lord is Immutable. For the Son to not have the Omni Attributes would make Him not God which is the Kenosis heresy I referenced.

Can God die? This is why the Word had to empty Himself, so that He could die. He is now 100% human and 100% God because His glory was restored.

Don't get me wrong, I believe Jesus was God while on earth, but without His power until He was baptized with the Spirit at His baptism in water.

Reactions: kcnalp

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hypostatic Union

1. Jesus is a person. (1 Tim 2:5)

2. Jesus, the Person, has two natures- Divine and human (John 1:1, 14, 1 Timothy 3:16): Divine and human. This is the Hypostatic Union.( Col 2:9, Heb 1:3,2:16)

3. The Communicatio Idiomatum (Communication of the Properties) states that the attributes of His Divine nature and human nature are both ascribed to the one Person of Jesus. So Jesus can exhibit attributes of Divinity (Omnipresence, Omniscience, Omnipotence, . John 2:23, 3:13, 8:58, He was prayed to in Acts 7:59, John 14:13, He was is worshiped Matt 2:2:11, Rev 5:13-14) and at the same time exhibit attributes of His humanity( He was tempted, ate, prayed, wept, grew in wisdom and stature, was anointed, was baptized, the Father was greater, didn’t know the day or the hour of His Return, He cried My God my God why has Thou forsaken Me, He died etc.). The communicatio idiomatum does not mean that any part of the Divine nature was communicated to the human nature.

4. The Man(anthropos) Jesus is what we perceive (if we were there 2000 years ago in Israel) and through the Man we encounter the Divine nature (Jesus knowing all things, is on earth while in heaven, answers prayer, forgiving sins, etc.).

5. The Person of Jesus will always be both Divine and human. (John 1:1,14,20:28, 1 John 5:20, 1 Timothy 2:5) Those who deny this fact are the spirit of antichrist. (1 John 4:1-4,2 John 7)

6. The Divine Nature is within the Trinity.(Father, Son and Holy Spirit)

7. Since the Person of Jesus claims the attributes of Divinity(John 3:13,8:58,Matthew 9:2,12:8), then the Person of Jesus is a member of the Trinity.( John 14-16, Math 28:19)

Anything said of either of Christ's two natures applies to the one Person of Christ, so that is how it is said that Christ died on the cross. The term "hypostatic union" refers to the two natures united in the one Person, so anything said of those two natures in the one Person applies to the whole Person. So we see that the Person of Christ is both God and man. The phrase hypostatic union was adopted by the fifth general council at Constantinople, 533 AD. That council declared that the union of two natures is real (against Arius), not a mere indwelling of God in a man (against Nestorius), with a rational soul (against Apollinaris), and that in Christ’s Divine nature remains unchanged (against Eutyches).

hope this helps !!!
You sound completely misguided, Christophany. You continuously made your appeal towards, and quoted, non-Biblical nor authorized; literature, terminology , principles and councils. You have audaciously and defiantly employed a pagan syncretism into your theology, by endorsing uninspired decrees, uninspired councils and nomenclature, that is entirely foreign to Scripture, in both translation and function.
You showed your true colours and incompetency by making an appeal to the Communicatio Idiomatum, and the Council of Constantinople.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heyzeus

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Satan tempted Jesus. This means Jesus had the ability to obey him, yet willingly refused.

This is how Jesus says we must overcome sin like he did.

No .. You are claiming that Satan Tempted "GOD" - AKA - The Father ... the Big Cheese

and then asked God to Bow down before him.

Question - How is it possible for Satan to Tempt God ... this is both ridiculous and absurd - Obviously Mark did not mean this .. as everyone would have thought him crazy .. Telling the Creator of the Universe .. Ohh .. here .. I will give you this and that. What nonsense is this.

Look .. just because there is no Trinity in Mark .. does not mean there is no Trinity .. but it is not in Mark .. and no one believed this at the time nor for another 150 years. .. what part of his is not sinking in... This is not what the early Church believed.. and it is not a secret .. every Church Historian knows this .. Every preacher who has gone to a reputable Seminary knows this ..

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason Jesus said only God(Holy Ghost) is good is he was saying he had the ABILITY to sin, but the Holy Ghost helped him to not sin.

Actually, He was conceived with the seed of the Holy Spirit from before He was born, so He couldn't sin. 1 John 3:9

This is the New Covenant of the gospel. Giving us the ability to also be children of God with the power to not sin, because of being born again of the Spirit. Romans 8:29-30. 1 John 3:5

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has no human nature.

Just the opposite, humans are partakers of His divine nature per Peter.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No .. You are claiming that Satan Tempted "GOD" - AKA - The Father ... the Big Cheese

and then asked God to Bow down before him.

Question - How is it possible for Satan to Tempt God ... this is both ridiculous and absurd - Obviously Mark did not mean this .. as everyone would have thought him crazy .. Telling the Creator of the Universe .. Ohh .. here .. I will give you this and that. What nonsense is this.

Look .. just because there is no Trinity in Mark .. does not mean there is no Trinity .. but it is not in Mark .. and no one believed this at the time nor for another 150 years. .. what part of his is not sinking in... This is not what the early Church believed.. and it is not a secret .. every Church Historian knows this .. Every preacher who has gone to a reputable Seminary knows this ..
The Father was in Jesus' body per John 14:10.

When Satan tempted Jesus, the Father inside Jesus spoke through Jesus per John 14(the words I speak are not mine but the Father's), rebuking Satan.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has no human nature.

Just the opposite, humans are partakers of His divine nature per Peter.

Only humans that have repented of their weakness to sin does Jesus give us His baptism of fire to kill our desire to sin, and make us partakers of the divine nature. I'm sure that's what you meant, but just in case someone didn't understand.

Reactions: Truther

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't get me wrong, I believe Jesus was God while on earth, but without His power until He was baptized with the Spirit at His baptism in water.

How can he be God without his power ? - like God came down to earth .. and the rest of his activities the Universe stopped because God no longer had his power ..

Question .. if God gave up all his power .. how did he get this power back . ? Oh .. yeah .. he must have set a time delay spell .. that's it.

Cept the time delay malfunctioned .. it was supposed to kick in prior to Jesus hanging on the Cross - hence why Jesus last words were "MY God MY God .. why have you forsaken me"

It all makes perfect sense to me now ! Good one.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father was in Jesus' body per John 14:10.

When Satan tempted Jesus, the Father inside Jesus spoke through Jesus per John 14(the words I speak are not mine but the Father's), rebuking Satan.

I agree. The way I see the Trinity that separates the One into three is:

Jesus in the body of flesh, including a brain.
The Father is in the mind inside the brain, showing Jesus things in heaven.
The Spirit is the life force and power.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, He was conceived with the seed of the Holy Spirit from before He was born, so He couldn't sin. 1 John 3:9

This is the New Covenant of the gospel. Giving us the ability to also be children of God with the power to not sin, because of being born again of the Spirit. Romans 8:29-30. 1 John 3:5
Not true.

He was the biological seed of the sinner Mary.

He could have sinned, but overcame it entirely.

The perfect lamb slain earned his title in more ways than the cross.

He is our hero for that.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can he be God without his power ? - like God came down to earth .. and the rest of his activities the Universe stopped because God no longer had his power ..

Question .. if God gave up all his power .. how did he get this power back . ? Oh .. yeah .. he must have set a time delay spell .. that's it.

Cept the time delay malfunctioned .. it was supposed to kick in prior to Jesus hanging on the Cross - hence why Jesus last words were "MY God MY God .. why have you forsaken me"

It all makes perfect sense to me now ! Good one.

Only the Word emptied Himself of the omni powers.

Reactions: kcnalp

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only humans that have repented of their weakness to sin does Jesus give us His baptism of fire to kill our desire to sin, and make us partakers of the divine nature. I'm sure that's what you meant, but just in case someone didn't understand.
Amen

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true.

He was the biological seed of the sinner Mary.

He could have sinned, but overcame it entirely.

The perfect lamb slain earned his title in more ways than the cross.

He is our hero for that.

We'll have to disagree on that one. :) Jesus never had a desire to sin.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. The way I see the Trinity that separates the One into three is:

Jesus in the body of flesh, including a brain.
The Father is in the mind inside the brain, showing Jesus things in heaven.
The Spirit is the life force and power.
That is 4 entities.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We'll have to disagree on that one. :)
That's okay too.

Just think about this though.

Paul called Jesus the last Adam.

This means he was an "Adam".

This means the 1st Adam was perfect, yet fell.

This means the last Adam was perfect, but chose to not fall.

Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.