All the fulness of Deity dwells in Him Bodily !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, JESUS said only the Spirit God is good.

Do you doubt Jesus' own words?...

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. ...
God knows you implied that Jesus isn't good in our previous conversation!

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stick to the KJV, not commentary.

Huh ? The name of the Bible is not the issue here - at the moment .. its the books one uses ... as in if I want to know what Jesus thought .. the first place I look is in the Gospels where Jesus is speaking .. not to some book written by someone pretending to be Paul .. or Peter..

If you want this as back up .. OK .. but first one should look to the man himself don't you think ?

BTW .. as far Translations go .. the KJV is horrible in many places .. and universally recognized as such within legitimate Biblical Scholarship .. least the old version .. perhaps the new is better.. but this has no bearing on the above.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knows you implied that Jesus isn't good in our previous conversation!
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

No, I just figured out what Jesus was implying.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh ? The name of the Bible is not the issue here - at the moment .. its the books one uses ... as in if I want to know what Jesus thought .. the first place I look is in the Gospels where Jesus is speaking .. not to some book written by someone pretending to be Paul .. or Peter..

If you want this as back up .. OK .. but first one should look to the man himself don't you think ?

BTW .. as far Translations go .. the KJV is horrible in many places .. and universally recognized as such within legitimate Biblical Scholarship .. least the old version .. perhaps the new is better.. but this has no bearing on the above.
You are in translational no-man's land.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, JESUS said only the Spirit God is good.

Do you doubt Jesus' own words?...

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. ...

It is an interesting passage .. first off .. because Jesus tells the fellow to do good works to get into heaven ..

Why call me good ? Second .. because this is yet another place where Jesus denies the Trinity .. clearly distinguishing himself from God ..while emphasizing his human nature.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is an interesting passage .. first off .. because Jesus tells the fellow to do good works to get into heaven ..

Why call me good ? Second .. because this is yet another place where Jesus denies the Trinity .. clearly distinguishing himself from God ..while emphasizing his human nature.
Actually, the man was pretending he was good and called Jesus good too.

Then, Jesus said only God was good, shooting down his comparison with Jesus.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Misconception 1: Jesus Set Aside His Deity
This view holds that Jesus ceased to be God when He came to earth. He gave up His essential attributes of Deity when He became a human. In other words, Jesus was a mere human when He was on the earth and nothing more.

No, that is not what I believe. Just because He emptied Himself of His glory (omnipotence, omnipresence, and omniscience) He was still spawned with the SEED of God from conception. So He couldn't sin. 1 John 3:9. And when He was about to start His ministry He was filled with the Holy Spirit to be able to do miracles. And I know you won't believe this, but the second release of power (after Acts 2) of the Holy Spirit allows US to do the same.

Acts 4:
29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”

31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason Jesus said only God(Holy Ghost) is good is he was saying he had the ABILITY to sin, but the Holy Ghost helped him to not sin.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
exegete Colossians 2:9 for us are you up for the challenge ?
The quintessence of eisegesis is isolating passages in order to substantiate a position. This is indicative of trinitarian hermeneutics, they are unable to find a paragraph, that in its entirety, asserts that Jesus is God. All any trinitarian has ever been able to produce, are remote and truncated verses, that context-wise, and intelligence wise, have absolutely no merit whatsoever.
Having the '...fullness of deity dwell within him...' juxtaposed with verse 12 '... having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead....'

This, clearly does not denote a deity of essence, but of character and purpose. We are all created in God's image, each of us have the potential for perfection, and reflecting the full image of God. Jesus loved God with all his heart, mind and soul, thus he attained perfection. ...an act that would be pathetically absurd if Christ were God. You're not getting the point. God's Atonement does not require that He comes to earth first, to love Himself, and therefore, to propitiate Himself. You trinitarians blaspheme the wisdom of God with your narrow minded eisegesis.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually, the man was pretending he was good and called Jesus good too.

Then, Jesus said only God was good, shooting down his comparison with Jesus.

Clearly distinguishes himself from "The Father" and not sure why you are trying to defend this position because it is not like Jesus does not do this a gazillion other times in Mark ? The Jesus of Mark is not "The Father" Full Stop.

Don't build your foundation on sand.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I think you're trashing Jesus, saying He isn't good.
No, Jesus is trashing your thinking.

He was saying he had the ability to sin, but the Holy Ghost(God) he had and was led by per Luke 4:1 helped him not sin.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly distinguishes himself from "The Father" and not sure why you are trying to defend this position because it is not like Jesus does not do this a gazillion other times in Mark ? The Jesus of Mark is not "The Father" Full Stop.

Don't build your foundation on sand.
I don't teach Jesus as the Father, nor do I teach he is God incarnate.

I teach he was made God after the resurrection by the Col 2:9 effect on his quickening spirit body.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is not what I believe. Just because He emptied Himself of His glory (omnipotence, omnipresence, and omniscience) He was still spawned with the SEED of God from conception. So He couldn't sin. 1 John 3:9. And when He was about to start His ministry He was filled with the Holy Spirit to be able to do miracles. And I know you won't believe this, but the second release of power (after Acts 2) of the Holy Spirit allows US to do the same.

Acts 4:
29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”

31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.
God cannot stop being God for the Lord is Immutable. For the Son to not have the Omni Attributes would make Him not God which is the Kenosis heresy I referenced.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus is trashing your thinking.

He was saying he had the ability to sin, but the Holy Ghost(God) he had and was led by per Luke 4:1 helped him not sin.
You're saying Jesus is a sinner! You need to repent!

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The reason Jesus said only God(Holy Ghost) is good is he was saying he had the ABILITY to sin, but the Holy Ghost helped him to not sin.

Give me a break .. you have no idea what the rational of Jesus was .. but in any case .. this is a losing position .. as he is clearly distinguishing himself from "The Father" regardless of how he has avoided sin .. or how good he is .. and what the meaning of that part is.

Satan .. remember him .. Do you seriously think Satan would ask God to bow down to him ? .. and even if you do .. or can mind bend your way around that one .. there is no way the Mark or any of Christianity at the time would have accepted this .. they would have burned the book outright .. Mark would never have wrote such a thing .. and he didn't .. because neither the author nor the audience believed that Jesus was God .. and Satan Didn't either .. nor did Jesus apparently for not bitch slapping Satan for asking the Father to Bow to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.