Altar call

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Luke 22:19-21
[19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it , and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you. [21] But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.

Is it Spiritual or literal?
That is actually brought out imo in a couple of other passages, the ones that go "we ate at your table," "and then you will begin to say 'we ate at your table.'"

The second one first,
Luke 13:26 Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.'
for the protesters, with the literal altar, using virtually the same language as that used to express acceptance of those who eat at the spiritual altar elsewhere, which I can't find bc I'm on an iPad lol

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Wich is greater to sit at the table, or to serve the table?
Well, might be a trick Q, if serving at the table = sitting at the table, plus imo it is easy to get into making invalid self-testimonies there? I would reflect on Martha serving, with Lazarus and Mary reclining at table with Jesus for that maybe; why is Martha presented like she is in these do you think?
@mjrhealth

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, might be a trick Q, if serving at the table = sitting at the table, plus imo it is easy to get into making invalid self-testimonies there? I would reflect on Martha serving, with Lazarus and Mary reclining at table with Jesus for that maybe; why is Martha presented like she is in these do you think?
@mjrhealth
I don’t know, there’s a lot of table talk going on, this implies there is a table indeed. It is implied that the lame tKes the prey

Reactions: tabletalk

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is actually brought out imo in a couple of other passages, the ones that go "we ate at your table," "and then you will begin to say 'we ate at your table.'"

The second one first,
Luke 13:26 Then you will say, 'We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.'
for the protesters, with the literal altar, using virtually the same language as that used to express acceptance of those who eat at the spiritual altar elsewhere, which I can't find bc I'm on an iPad lol

Not sure I understand. ‘We ate at your table’ sounds similar to Matthew 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Reactions: bbyrd009
D

Dave L

God gives the increase. Yes. Spiritual increase of children from spiritual seed(Christ) sown. As in asking for bread (Christ) to set before a friend. It is God who multiples the bread(Christ) James 3:17-18 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. [18] And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

John 7:16-18
[16] Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. [17] If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. [18] He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Hebrews 13:10
[10] We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

Do you have an altar to eat of?
Yes or no.
Do we evangelize with it? Is it part of the gospel Paul says we are not to preach differently from?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How seriously do you take the truth? Or creating false gospels out of thin air?

Look in the mirror brother...who is creating what here!!!

Gospel means Good News...you have nothing but gloom and and short sighted vision when it comes to seeing "the things which are invisible"... You do not 'see' into , the kingdom. You live in the realm of touch and feel. You have no wings...or maybe you once did, but now they have been clipped by someone.
" Come up higher brother..."

"Moses endured, by seeing HIM who is invisible.
You are living in the realm of the first Adam..."his eyes were opened"..
to THIS realm...he lost his vision of the glorious realm he could one see and experience.

I'm sad for you...and for all the fears which bind you.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wich is greater to sit at the table, or to serve the table?

A time and season for both. :)
Depending on what the Lord is speaking at the time.
We must be in a hearing relationship , and be at the right place at the right time! No good serving if He has called us to sit, no good sitting if He has spoken for us to serve.

12 "Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord."

As VictoryinJesus has shown...He is not only the altar, table, He also IS The Feast...it is Him we dine upon daily.
" Oh taste and see that the Lord is good...."

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we evangelize with it? Is it part of the gospel Paul says we are not to preach differently from?

You didn’t answer the question...Do you have an altar to eat of? do you eat of it?

Revelation 6:9
[9] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beware of putting things in boxes. The gospel is not "over here" and something else "over there".

'Christ is the sum of ALL spiritual things..'
So did you understand all of this at the moment you received The Holy Ghost,or is this something the Holy Ghost has revealed to you?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:2 KJV
[2] For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Tecarta Bible

“Come to Christ.” Eat! John 6:51
[51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Is Christ, and him crucified?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So did you understand all of this at the moment you received The Holy Ghost,or is this something the Holy Ghost has revealed to you?

Both. Much insight came via the Holy Spirit..little by little, step by step, back in the 60's ..then when young in the faith it came fast and almost daily...now, at 77 I still expect to learn new things from the Lord...I don't think we will ever stop 'dining upon Him' until our last breath.

Our first old pastor taught us , way back then, that once we are in a living relationship with the Lord...to must always keep our spiritual ears and eyes open to hear and see what He is doing and where He is leading.

"My sheep know My voice..."

So, since the sixties, I always expect to hear my Masters voice. :)

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Come to Christ.” Eat! John 6:51
[51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Is Christ, and him crucified?
Only The Holy Spirt can discern this