Altar call

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only The Holy Spirt can discern this

It was under praise. See... look at what God has done. That is all but then the bickering begins. Isaiah 60:16-18 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. [17] For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. [18] Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.

Reactions: Waiting on him

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not sure I understand. ‘We ate at your table’ sounds similar to Matthew 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
there is a contrasting passage using the same language to commend others, i'll see if I can dig it up

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both. Much insight came via the Holy Spirit..little by little, step by step, back in the 60's ..then when young in the faith it came fast and almost daily...now, at 77 I still expect to learn new things from the Lord...I don't think we will ever stop 'dining upon Him' until our last breath.

Our first old pastor taught us , way back then, that once we are in a living relationship with the Lord...to must always keep our spiritual ears and eyes open to hear and see what He is doing and where He is leading.

"My sheep know My voice..."

So, since the sixties, I always expect to hear my Masters voice. :)
I agree. I was in the van Friday at work with a coworker. And Vij called me announcing the alter call, and what the Spirit has given. Apon hanging the phone up my pier stated. I have been a Christian for years and never saw this, now I understand my singular body isn’t the temple of God it’s a part of the collective whole. We praised God for the last two hours of the shift.

Reactions: Helen
D

Dave L

You didn’t answer the question...Do you have an altar to eat of? do you eat of it?

Revelation 6:9
[9] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
This is not the issue. The issue is preaching a different gospel from what Paul preached.

D

Dave L

Look in the mirror brother...who is creating what here!!!

Gospel means Good News...you have nothing but gloom and and short sighted vision when it comes to seeing "the things which are invisible"... You do not 'see' into , the kingdom. You live in the realm of touch and feel. You have no wings...or maybe you once did, but now they have been clipped by someone.
" Come up higher brother..."

"Moses endured, by seeing HIM who is invisible.
You are living in the realm of the first Adam..."his eyes were opened"..
to THIS realm...he lost his vision of the glorious realm he could one see and experience.

I'm sad for you...and for all the fears which bind you.
You do not understand how God saves people. The gospel Paul preached is effective and he admonishes us not to stray from it.

D

Dave L

It is the issue because you are asserting it is a different gospel. Do you eat of and partake with the altar of God or not?
Paul preached Christ's death for our sin, his burial and resurrection along with the present kingdom of God. This actually saves people. Paul said if you preach a different gospel, you are cursed.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul preached Christ's death for our sin, his burial and resurrection along with the present kingdom of God. This actually saves people. Paul said if you preach a different gospel, you are cursed.

Then it should be easy to say You do not eat of the altar of God nor do you partake with it because it is a false gospel.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just that you are straying from Paul's gospel.

No you flat out say it is a curse because it is false. One you imply or charge I’m under. But you can’t or won’t say you do not eat of the altar of God which is and will always be Christ, nor do you partake with the altar and His sufferings. If you would just say you do not because it is false, then you and I can move on and maybe I can ask you what or whom you do eat of.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

@VictoryinJesus has asked you the same question many times.
I've just checked back to see just how many times...not once have you answered her. My mother taught us that to not answer someone is very rude.

What are you afraid of...?
We are all left with the impressing that you cannot or just refuse to answer her.

My personal guess is, you do not understand the 'spiritual language' of the scriptures at all, and you are 'out of your depth' when writing to her, or anyone else come to that...you use worn out clichés in your 'so called' answers.

Answer her question for heavens sake....or be polite enough to tell her that you don't intend to.

D

Dave L

@VictoryinJesus has asked you the same question many times.
I've just checked back to see just how many times...not once have you answered her. My mother taught us that to not answer someone is very rude.

What are you afraid of...?
We are all left with the impressing that you cannot or just refuse to answer her.

My personal guess is, you do not understand the 'spiritual language' of the scriptures at all, and you are 'out of your depth' when writing to her, or anyone else come to that...you use worn out clichés in your 'so called' answers.

Answer her question for heavens sake....or be polite enough to tell her that you don't intend to.
What is the question?

D

Dave L

No you flat out say it is a curse because it is false. One you imply or charge I’m under. But you can’t or won’t say you do not eat of the altar of God which is and will always be Christ, nor do you partake with the altar and His sufferings. If you would just say you do not because it is false, then you and I can move on and maybe I can ask you what or whom you do eat of.
You are not preaching the gospel. You might be drawing parallels using biblical themes to compliment salvation, but it is not the gospel.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not preaching the gospel. You might be drawing parallels using biblical themes to compliment salvation, but it is not the gospel.

Dave I do value what input you contribute. You are a brother and honestly I can see you are saying to keep the gospel simple and not complicate it. It is a good point made. For another’s sake keep it uncomplicated. Also understand my husband’s input of these things are spiritually discerned and we need His help. I’m not preaching the gospel though on a Christian site, but only wanted to edify brothers and sisters in love.

Leviticus 21:18-23
[18] For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, [19] Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, [20] Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken; [21] No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God. [22] He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy. [23] Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the Lord do sanctify them.

“...he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come near unto my altar.” All those unclean, blemished, lame things enter through the vail which is His flesh and are able to come near to God’s altar of mercy which is the Son. To me this is edifying in love to say those things listed above ...by His death and resurrection...the lame can come near to the altar of God and be healed. This is the God we serve which calls “come all you who thirst and I will give you living water to drink.”

D

Dave L

Dave I do value what input you contribute. You are a brother and honestly I can see you are saying to keep the gospel simple and not complicate it. It is a good point made. For another’s sake keep it uncomplicated. Also understand my husband’s input of these things are spiritually discerned and we need His help. I’m not preaching the gospel though on a Christian site, but only wanted to edify brothers and sisters in love.

[18] For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, [19] Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, [20] Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken; [21] No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God. [22] He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy. [23] Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the Lord do sanctify them.

“...he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come near unto my altar.” All those unclean, blemished, lame things enter through the vail which is His flesh and are able to come near to God’s altar of mercy which is the Son. To me this is edifying in love to say those things listed above ...by His death and resurrection...the lame can come near to the altar of God and be healed. This is the God we serve which calls “come all you who thirst and I will give you living water to drink.”
Thanks for clarifying your position. I think the NT makes things a lot simpler. Walking in the Spirit makes more sense to me than OT rituals that saved no body. But to each their own.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The lame take the prey.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus