1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Altar call

Discussion in 'Praise Forum' started by VictoryinJesus, Feb 15, 2019.

1. VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It was under praise. See... look at what God has done. That is all but then the bickering begins. Isaiah 60:16-18 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. [17] For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. [18] Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.

Waiting on him likes this.
  2. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    there is a contrasting passage using the same language to commend others, i'll see if I can dig it up

3. Waiting on him

Waiting on him Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I agree. I was in the van Friday at work with a coworker. And Vij called me announcing the alter call, and what the Spirit has given. Apon hanging the phone up my pier stated. I have been a Christian for years and never saw this, now I understand my singular body isn’t the temple of God it’s a part of the collective whole. We praised God for the last two hours of the shift.

"ByGrace" likes this.
  4. Waiting on him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    He also says if you love me feed my sheep. It’s both we serve and dine

That’s the way it works with me and VIJ.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    "ByGrace" likes this.
  5. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This is not the issue. The issue is preaching a different gospel from what Paul preached.

6. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You do not understand how God saves people. The gospel Paul preached is effective and he admonishes us not to stray from it.

7. VictoryinJesus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It is the issue because you are asserting it is a different gospel. Do you eat of and partake with the altar of God or not?

Enoch111 and "ByGrace" like this.
  8. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Paul preached Christ's death for our sin, his burial and resurrection along with the present kingdom of God. This actually saves people. Paul said if you preach a different gospel, you are cursed.

9. VictoryinJesus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Then it should be easy to say You do not eat of the altar of God nor do you partake with it because it is a false gospel.

10. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Just that you are straying from Paul's gospel.

11. VictoryinJesus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

No you flat out say it is a curse because it is false. One you imply or charge I’m under. But you can’t or won’t say you do not eat of the altar of God which is and will always be Christ, nor do you partake with the altar and His sufferings. If you would just say you do not because it is false, then you and I can move on and maybe I can ask you what or whom you do eat of.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  12. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    @VictoryinJesus has asked you the same question many times.
    I've just checked back to see just how many times...not once have you answered her. My mother taught us that to not answer someone is very rude.

What are you afraid of...?
    We are all left with the impressing that you cannot or just refuse to answer her.

My personal guess is, you do not understand the 'spiritual language' of the scriptures at all, and you are 'out of your depth' when writing to her, or anyone else come to that...you use worn out clichés in your 'so called' answers.

Answer her question for heavens sake....or be polite enough to tell her that you don't intend to.

Jane_Doe22 and Enoch111 like this.
  13. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    What is the question?

14. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You are not preaching the gospel. You might be drawing parallels using biblical themes to compliment salvation, but it is not the gospel.

15. Waiting on him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    @Dave L ,is the gospel an invitation, if so what’s it an invitation too?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  16. VictoryinJesus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Dave I do value what input you contribute. You are a brother and honestly I can see you are saying to keep the gospel simple and not complicate it. It is a good point made. For another’s sake keep it uncomplicated. Also understand my husband’s input of these things are spiritually discerned and we need His help. I’m not preaching the gospel though on a Christian site, but only wanted to edify brothers and sisters in love.

Leviticus 21:18-23
    [18] For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, [19] Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, [20] Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken; [21] No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God. [22] He shall eat the bread of his God, both of the most holy, and of the holy. [23] Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the Lord do sanctify them.

“...he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come near unto my altar.” All those unclean, blemished, lame things enter through the vail which is His flesh and are able to come near to God’s altar of mercy which is the Son. To me this is edifying in love to say those things listed above ...by His death and resurrection...the lame can come near to the altar of God and be healed. This is the God we serve which calls “come all you who thirst and I will give you living water to drink.”

17. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thanks for clarifying your position. I think the NT makes things a lot simpler. Walking in the Spirit makes more sense to me than OT rituals that saved no body. But to each their own.

18. Waiting on him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The lame take the prey.

VictoryinJesus likes this.
  19. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

Yes, we must be ready with the Word, among our fellow believers.

Waiting on him likes this.