Amillennialism versus Dispensationalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Laughing?

I will say again:

"But He was speaking of the temple of His body." John 2:21

LOL == Jesus's body has no stones to be overturned!!!

Daniel 9:27
And he will confirm a covenant with many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the ""wing of the temple"" will come the abomination that causes desolation, until the decreed destruction is poured out upon him."

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is at the gates of heaven, waiting for His Father to say, "Go, and get Your Bride." When that happens, a trumpet will sound and He will burst forth to gather His elect from the four corners of the earth. In the twinkling of an eye, we will be caught up to meet Him in the air. Our mortal bodies will instantly be changed into glorified, imperishable bodies just like Jesus had after His resurrection. And we will return to heaven with our Bridegroom to enjoy the marriage feast of the Lamb.

It's one thing to intellectually accept the truth of those promises. But it's another thing to have the anticipation of their fulfillment overflow our heart and mind and spirit. L&LM

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. John 6:56

The OT teaches that you can't eat or drink blood.
So, Jesus is not going to tell you to literally drink Blood...>Not His, not anyones.

So, the "drinking and eating", is symbolic of BELIEVING IN...

Its FAITH.... Its to do this.....is to eat and drink, .......>"The work of God is that you believe on Jesus whom God sent".

When you do that, God gives you the New Birth, which causes you to become "ONE WITH GOD".... Spiritually.
That is how you ABIDE in Christ......You join Him by being Born again Spiritually.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Jesus is not going to tell you to literally drink Blood...>Not His, not anyones.

Its FAITH.... Its to do this.....is to eat and drink, .......>"The work of God is that you believe on Jesus whom God sent".

When you do that, God gives you the New Birth, which causes you to become "ONE WITH GOD".... Spiritually.
That is how you ABIDE in Christ......You join Him by being Born again Spiritually.

LOL===Lost in the fog???
18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
The physical temple was destroyed later in 70AD As all the stones were overturned!!! We must think and pray for understanding when we read His Word.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes i would say you are lost in the fog.
We can agree.
Again!!! Jesus was talking about the Jewish temple which would be torn down in 70AD and then about the temple of His body that Jesus said He would raise in three days== the physical temple has not been raised up but will soon be rebuilt!!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Again!!! Jesus was talking about the Jewish temple which would be torn down in 70AD and then about the temple of His body that Jesus said He would raise in three days== the physical temple has not been raised up but will soon be rebuilt!!

I think you confused my post with another.
I have not talked about AD70 when the Temple was destroyed.
i was talking about a verse that says "eat my flesh and drink my blood".

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL == Jesus's body has no stones to be overturned!!!

Daniel 9:27
And he will confirm a covenant with many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the ""wing of the temple"" will come the abomination that causes desolation, until the decreed destruction is poured out upon him."
The quote from Daniel is perfect! But where we all once had hearts of stone, now become living stones.

Jesus is at the gates of heaven, waiting for His Father to say, "Go, and get Your Bride." When that happens, a trumpet will sound and He will burst forth to gather His elect from the four corners of the earth. In the twinkling of an eye, we will be caught up to meet Him in the air. Our mortal bodies will instantly be changed into glorified, imperishable bodies just like Jesus had after His resurrection. And we will return to heaven with our Bridegroom to enjoy the marriage feast of the Lamb.

It's one thing to intellectually accept the truth of those promises. But it's another thing to have the anticipation of their fulfillment overflow our heart and mind and spirit. L&LM
Since we have come to discuss the "body", it is not correct to say that as Christ and the Father are One, and we One as they are One...if we then add to that, that the Father is no longer spirit when as such He was and is perfect. No, but we in our bodies do not change God--but it is He who changes us.

"We shall all be changed"—not Him.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It actually means the reading, and believing, of His Word.

Take another look at John chapter 6 and notice how He speaks of being the Bread of Life and how we should eat of it (Him). Without doing so, you have no Life in you. Then He says that His 'Words' are spirit and Life. And Peter restates that Jesus has the Words of Eternal Life.
John 6:35
John 6:48
John 6:50-51
John 6:53
John 6:58
John 6:63
John 6:68

Reactions: Philip James

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I understand.

My reference of John 6:56 was not to suggest eating and drinking as that hard saying of Christ was also taken even immediately after He said it, but rather that it was part of the body analogy which has many components, including marriage and the two becoming one flesh, etc..

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
the physical temple has not been raised up but will soon be rebuilt!!

You realize, if the temple was destroyed, the abomination of desolation had to stand in the Holy Place before it's destruction?

The temple of His body has nothing to do with this, because it resurrected 3 days later and is in Heaven. If you want to compare the two then it is not "soon" as you say, but is 3000 years after Christ, so you have a lot of waiting to do, but don't mind because it exceeds the 7000 years "Great Week" so it does not fit.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
...if we then add to that, that the Father is no longer spirit when as such He was and is perfect.

"We shall all be changed"—not Him.

If you say that The Father is not a Spirit, then you are lying, like the Devil.

John 4:24

Also, "we shall all be changed", is a reference to getting a new "body".

See, the born again, have a Born Again Spirit, that is "One with Gods' Spirit. "In Christ".
However, thy have a dying body that is not redeemed.
They are waiting for the heavenly "inheritance", and that includes, the "twinkling of an eye"...... where the born again receive their new body.
THe new body is the same as the one that Jesus has, which walked out of the Tomb, and flew off the earth in full view of the Apostles.
The born again get a "new body", just like that one that Jesus has..... now.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer me: Are there survivors? Do the elect survive? Or will all stones be thrown down?
That is not what is being said. Being "thrown down" is a reference to God having sent us out of the garden...at His feet, down to His "footstool."

But, yes, not only are there survivors--the rescued are as numerous as the sand on the seashore. Hallelujah!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read slowly==Israel is ready now to ""rebuild their temple"" that Rome destroyed.
1. All of God's land promises to Israel have been completely fulfilled. They have all come to pass.

Joshua 21:43-45
Joshua 23:14-15

2. God no longer recognizes a physical race of Israel.

Exodus 4:22
"They which are of the flesh are not the Children of God."
Romans 9:8

With no land promises left, and no special election for the physical race of Israel, there is no grounds for a special dispensation to the physical residents of the current state of Israel, nor to any physical race of people upon the earth.

God is a spirit.
John 4:24

As such, He is only concerned with those who worship and honor Him in 'spirit' and in Truth. He has no need whatsoever to extend time a thousand years beyond Christ's return and the Bible makes clear that will not happen.
Matthew 24:29-31
Isaiah 13:9-11
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you say that The Father is not a Spirit, then you are lying, like the Devil.
I was not speaking of myself, but of him who I was replying to.
Also, "we shall all be changed", is a reference to getting a new "body".
And here is the error: many take that to mean a body of flesh glorified--which is not at all what is meant by us becoming One with God, nor could it be. God is the same and remains the same, but it is we who are changed.
See, the born again, have a Born Again Spirit, that is "One with Gods' Spirit. "In Christ".
However, thy have a dying body that is not redeemed.
They are waiting for the heavenly "inheritance", and that includes, the "twinkling of an eye"...... where the born again receive their new body.
THe new body is the same as the one that Jesus has, which walked out of the Tomb, and flew off the earth in full view of the Apostles.
The born again get a "new body", just like that one that Jesus has..... now.
This is another point commonly confused. It was not one event but two. His resurrection and His ascension were two different events ["forty days"] apart. This was the burial of Jacob!

So, yes, Jesus was buried and rose again from the dead in the flesh proving His victory over death for the salvation of Israel, to whom He was sent. And, yes, He was raised up in the spirit and had overcome the curses of this world in His flesh.

But that was not what occurred at His ascension. Both events are presented, but both must be rightly divided. This is why after raising from the dead He instructed Mary, saying, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father." But also for those who doubt, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” Nonetheless, His ascension was the actual event of Him going to be with (and One with) the Father, whom is spirit. It is as He said:

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:6

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I was not speaking of myself, but of him who I was replying to.

And here is the error: many take that to mean a body of flesh glorified-
This is another point commonly confused. Thus His resurrection and His ascension
But that was not what occurred at His ascension.

You are confused.

Let me just address the confusion.

The NEW BODY that the born again receive, is not a body of Flesh as we have now...Its spiritual that is a "new" body.
Its spiritual, because it will never die.
It is exactly the same body that Adam had, before he rebelled and this brought death to his body.
Prior to that, His body would have never died, in the Tomb.
So, we get a new body, untainted by sin, exactly like the one Adam had before he "fell", and his body was corrupted by sin, and later died.

Also..

The Resurrection, is Christ being raised from the Dead.
The Ascension, is Christ flying off the earth, in front of eyewitness, who saw him go up into the Sky.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confused.

Let me just address the confusion.

The NEW BODY that the born again receive, is not a body of Flesh as we have now...Its spiritual that is a "new" body.
Its spiritual, because it will never die.
It is exactly the same body that Adam had, before he rebelled and this brought death to his body.
Prior to that, His body would have never died, in the Tomb.
So, we get a new body, untainted by sin, exactly like the one Adam had before he "fell", and his body was corrupted by sin, and later died.

Also..

The Resurrection, is Christ being raised from the Dead.
The Ascension, is Christ flying off the earth, in front of eyewitness, who saw him go up into the Sky.

LOL!!! Spiritual body does not eat and drink.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I
So, yes, Jesus was buried and rose again from the dead in the flesh proving His victory over death for the salvation of Israel,

ScottA,

would you tell us what Cult teaches that Jesus's resurrection is only for the House of Israel's salvation?

As this Cross denying lie, contradicts John 3:16, as well as almost everything that Paul ever wrote, and that is most of the New Testament.​