An article of faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Correct - the "RCC" is NOT christ's Church because there is NO such thing as the "RCC".
Denial is a form of lying...
The Catholic Church, however, IS christ's Church. As I already proved to you with actual historucal documentation from Ignatius of Antioch - Christ's Chirch was being called "The Catholic Church" by the end of the first century. You have YET to offer a valid refutation of this fact.
Who is Ignatius to do what the apostles did not do? You seem to be a follower of Ignatius..

As for the rest of your manure . . .
There's NO mention of the United states in Scripture. Does it exist?
There's NO mention of the Paris in Scripture. Does it exist?
There's NO mention of the Disneyland in Scripture. Does it exist?

Your logic is as flawed as your knowledge of Scripture and history . . .
The scripture is not about the United States, Paris or Disneyland, so no one expects those places to be mentioned in them silly.
The scripture however, relates to the church...and there is no mention of the catholic church which is the same Roman Catholic Church.

WRONG.
I only said that you were correct that there is ONE Church - and you're NOT in it, by your own choice.
Then I am correct about the one church...But you belong to another church that is run by the Vatican and the pope...I am not part of that bogus church.
And the original Protedstants came out of the Cathollic church. The bulk of the next 500 years of Protestants, however, were never part of the Catholic Church.
Fringe groups, quasi-Christians and other God-deniers like yourself soon followed.
Of course they are...Have you not read the Athanasian creed?
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;
2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;

Let's ASSUME that you're talking about the Catholic Church - because only an ignoramus uses a moronic term like "RCC".
Ummmm, since YOU claim it was born "after Christ" - WHEN was it born??
Give me a year, please.
How would I know when Jude does not?
Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
And by the way, Einstein - EVERYBODY knows that the Church was born "after Christ" at Pentecost.
After Christ? The church is the congregation of God's saints.
37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.
38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

A multitude BELIEVES it because the Bible TEACHES it, Einbstein . . .

The Father is God
Eph. 4:6, Psalm 68:5, Mal. 2:10, 2 Cor. 1:3-4, John 3:16, John 8:41, 1 Thess. 3:13

The Son is God
Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6, Matt. 4:7, John 1:1, John 1:3, John 8:58, John 10:30, John 14:9, John 20:28, 2 Corinthians 4:4, Phil. 2:6, Col. 2:9, 1 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 1:8, Titus 2:13

The Holy Spirit is God
John 14:16-18, Luke 12:10, 2 Cor. 3:17, 2 Cor. 13:5, John 14:23, Acts 5:3-4

WOW - the fact that you DON"T understand the symbolism used in Revelation just blows me away.

Apostate "Jerusalem" is symbolic for apostate Judaism in general. It's NOT just talking about a "city" - but a PEOPLE that Jerucalem represents.
In Acts 2 - ALL of those Jewish pilgrims from ALL over the world were representatives of Judaism - which was based in Jerusalem.

Do your homework . . .
You just showed three Gods. Then you will deny three Gods as the Athanasian creed instructs you.
19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
20. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say; There are three Gods or three Lords.
Do your homework...

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
800px-Reformation_Wall%2C_Geneva%2C_Switzerland_-_20130715-01.JPG

At the centre of the Wall are statues to William Farel, John Calvin, Theodore Beza, and John Knox.
Reformation Wall - Wikipedia
Worshipped by Protestants since 1903!*

*An example of reductio ad absurdum, a logical fallacy above Behold's comprehension.
Yep The RCC is the mother of harlots and the protestants are the harlots.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Denial is a form of lying...
Who is Ignatius to do what the apostles did not do? You seem to be a follower of Ignatius..

The Letters of Ignatius give us a snapshot of what the Church looked like at the end of the first century - and it certainly DIDN'T look like any Protestant faction. NOR, did it look like any of YOUR quasi-Christian sects.

He was describing (by NAME) the Catholic Church.
YOUR idiotic moniker of "RCC" or "Roman" Catholic Church doesn't exist. Time for yet another lesson, son . . .

"Roman" (Latin) only refers to the Liturgical Rits - of which there are some TWENTY Rites that comprise the ONE "Catholic Church". There are Melkite Catholics, Maronite Catholics, Alexandrian Catholics, Coptic Catholics, Byzantine Catholics - and ALL are in communion with each other and make up the ONE "Catholic Church". I am a Roman Catholic and a Melkite Catholic is a Melkite Catholic - but we BOTH belong to the ONE "Catholic Church".

Now - HOPEFULLY, you won't make that same stupid mistake in the future - but I'm NOT holding my breath. . .
The scripture is not about the United States, Paris or Disneyland, so no one expects those places to be mentioned in them silly.
The scripture however, relates to the church...and there is no mention of the catholic church which is the same Roman Catholic Church.

As to your nonsense about the e "Roman" Catholic Church - scroll up and READ where I schooled you on that blunder . . .

As to the rest of your manure -
Acts 9:31
talks about how the Early Church grew throughout the region. The language used here describes the Catholic Church:
“Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

Here is the phrase in Greek:
η μεν ουν εκκλησια καθ ολης της ιουδαιας

The Catholic Church gets its name from the GREEK for “according to the whole” and “universal” - εκκλησια καθ ολης, which is pronounced “katah-holos.

Εκκλησια (ekklesia) - A gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly; CHURCH
καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely
"ekklesia Kata-holos"
= CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Anythoing else, Einstein??
Then I am correct about the one church...But you belong to another church that is run by the Vatican and the pope...I am not part of that bogus church.
You're not part of the Church - period, because you reject the very nature of God.
Of course they are...Have you not read the Athanasian creed?
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;
2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;
We reecgoznize the Triune Godhead as revealed in Scripture, as I schooled you in my last post.
YOU deny this reality.

That's between YOU aand God.
Good lkuck with that . . .
How would I know when Jude does not?
Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
After Christ? The church is the congregation of God's saints.
37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.
38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
WRONG.
I already educated you about this in an earlier post, sin - so pay attention.

Juse is issuing a WARNING about those who would usurp Church Authority by assuming the ministerial priesthood without the Church’s consent (Jude 1:11). He compares them to the rebellion of Korah and their subsequent punishment (Numbers 16:1-35; 31:16).

Read the Scriptures in CONTEXT
Cherry-picking
only gets you into trouble . . .
You just showed three Gods.
Then you will deny three Gods as the Athanasian creed instructs you.
19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
20. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say; There are three Gods or three Lords.

Do your homework...
WRONG -
I presented the Scriptural revelation of ONE God, manifested in THREE distinct Persons.

THIS is the Christian faith - and HAS been for 2000 years.
What YOU have is something - but it's NOT Christian . . .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Luther was no apostle? By that logic, once the last of the original apostles died, nobody else could lead the church. All your "church fathers" and popes are therefore phonies!

Martin Luther and others rescued the body of Christ from the lies, false doctrines, distortions, inquisitions, murders, etc. of the Catholic denomination. He is the equivalent of Moses, who rescued the Hebrews from the slavery of Egypt.

Martin Luther saved Christianity!

moses was a mediator
Luther an excommunicated heretic!

he was also a rosa crucian occultist

He attacked Christ and His church

only a small part of satans great rebellion

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep The RCC is the mother of harlots and the protestants are the harlots.
And the fact that YOU adhere to the NT Canon of Scripture declared by the Catholic Church - means that even quasi-Christians like yourself would be numbered among the "Harlots".

You cannot reject the Catholic Church as a "false religion" if YOU follow their Canon of Scripture . . . . .

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what are you saint of god?

a fundamentalist heretic???
No.
Fundamentalists belive in God's triune nature, as revealed in Scripture.
This person rejects the God of Scripture.

And, whereas, those outside the church can espouse heretical beliefs - they cannot be "heretics" by definition.
You can't repudiate something you don't believe in the first poace.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If what you said is true, then every Christian denomination on the planet would be observing the Sabbath on the 7th day. But no, nearly all follow the Catholic tradition which overshadowed scripture.
Hey Brakelite,

Jesus made it clear that there will be "some that are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd."

You are welcome to join the flock!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey Brakelite,

Jesus made it clear that there will be "some that are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd."

You are welcome to join the flock!
I used to be a part of that flock, but the only voice I was hearing was that of man's words and ideas, not Jesus. I discovered later the reason why I wasn't attracted to those voices... They were discordant, contradictory, and disagreed with scripture.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to be a part of that flock, but the only voice I was hearing was that of man's words and ideas, not Jesus. I discovered later the reason why I wasn't attracted to those voices... They were discordant, contradictory, and disagreed with scripture.
Lol....and now you are hearing the voice of ONE man....your own. But YOU will never be discordant, contradictory or disagree with scripture or yourself...Will you?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lol....and now you are hearing the voice of ONE man....your own
Why do you doubt the testimony of others who declare their relationship with their God, and the grace shown them by the holy Spirit on communicating with them through the scriptures? I agree, ones own 'voice' , his own thoughts and ideas, must be in subjection to the Spirit... But is such a relationship so impossible for you to contemplate that your autopilot goes into a negative overdrive at the mere suggestion of such a state on affairs?
Eternal life depends on such a relationship.
KJV John 17:3
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Don't you know Jesus?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you doubt the testimony of others who declare their relationship with their God, and the grace shown them by the holy Spirit on communicating with them through the scriptures? I agree, ones own 'voice' , his own thoughts and ideas, must be in subjection to the Spirit... But is such a relationship so impossible for you to contemplate that your autopilot goes into a negative overdrive at the mere suggestion of such a state on affairs?
Eternal life depends on such a relationship.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Don't you know Jesus?
Brakelite,

Why do I doubt the testimony (voices) of others? Is that a serious question? Read your own words Braklite: I discovered the reason why I wasn't attracted to those voices... They were discordant, contradictory, and disagreed with scripture.

I stopped listening to the voices of people like you who have falsely convinced themselves that 'the Holy Spirit is communicating with them through the scriptures'. That theory (false belief) has destroyed Christianity. That is why since the Protestant revolution we now have thousands of different denominations with hundreds of different salvific doctrines. All of those denominations (and men like you) think that the Holy Spirit is communicating through them.

And to answer your 2nd question: YES, such a relationship IS impossible for me to contemplate because if I were to accept your theory that means that the Holy Spirit is confused since all of you Protestants are discordant, contradictory, and disagree with scripture AND each other.....even though all of you are sure the Holy Spirit is talking to or through YOU!

If you want to read the writings of men you should read the writings of the Apostolic Fathers instead of the writings of your Protestant men.....

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Brakelite,
If you want to read the writings of men you should read the writings of the Apostolic Fathers instead of the writings of your Protestant men.....
Brakelite is SDA, who oppose all of Protestantism as harlots of the whore. They see harlots and whores everywhere. So Brokelight accepts the 18th century occult writings of Ellen White, and dismisses the Apostolic Fathers as meaningless.

Christian writers of the first and second centuries who are known, or are considered, to have had personal relations with some of the Apostles, or to have been so influenced by them that their writings may be held as echoes of genuine Apostolic teaching. Though restricted by some to those who were actually disciples of the Apostles, the term applies by extension to certain writers who were previously believed to have been such, and virtually embraces all the remains of primitive Christian literature antedating the great apologies of the second century, and forming the link of tradition that binds these latter writings to those of the New Testament.
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Apostolic Fathers

Last edited:
Reactions: Marymog

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Brakelite,

Why do I doubt the testimony (voices) of others? Is that a serious question? Read your own words Braklite: I discovered the reason why I wasn't attracted to those voices... They were discordant, contradictory, and disagreed with scripture.

I stopped listening to the voices of people like you who have falsely convinced themselves that 'the Holy Spirit is communicating with them through the scriptures'. That theory (false belief) has destroyed Christianity. That is why since the Protestant revolution we now have thousands of different denominations with hundreds of different salvific doctrines. All of those denominations (and men like you) think that the Holy Spirit is communicating through them.

And to answer your 2nd question: YES, such a relationship IS impossible for me to contemplate because if I were to accept your theory that means that the Holy Spirit is confused since all of you Protestants are discordant, contradictory, and disagree with scripture AND each other.....even though all of you are sure the Holy Spirit is talking to or through YOU!

Don't you know Jesus?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In order to be believed (without error) an article of faith must be proposed by holy mother church! Matt 28:19

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1. Articles of beliefs (not faith) are unimportant compared to how we act.
2. The verse you quoted was corrupted by the Roman church early on. Eusebius quotes an very early copy of Matthew that reads..."baptizing them in My name."

3. The reason why the ecclesiastics wanted to change God into a trinity is so that they could control the Holy Spirit...or at least try to. This strategy is SO successful that even the reformers saw the value in it....to control the beliefs of others. Why seek to control beliefs? For the sake of a quick unity based on dogmatic beliefs.
If the Holy Spirit is in name only and not in power...well, you get a dead church perhaps...but one that can be controlled by men.

That is what this is about. Who controls things. Men want power. And God lets them play church.

I, for one, prefer having God in control even if He may be hard to hear from...it's well worth our effort to seek the face of the Lord. That is how it was always done....even in the OT. So we have gone backward not forward.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Articles of beliefs (not faith) are unimportant compared to how we act.
2. The verse you quoted was corrupted by the Roman church early on. Eusebius quotes an very early copy of Matthew that reads..."baptizing them in My name."

3. The reason why the ecclesiastics wanted to change God into a trinity is so that they could control the Holy Spirit...or at least try to. This strategy is SO successful that even the reformers saw the value in it....to control the beliefs of others. Why seek to control beliefs? For the sake of a quick unity based on dogmatic beliefs.
If the Holy Spirit is in name only and not in power...well, you get a dead church perhaps...but one that can be controlled by men.

That is what this is about. Who controls things. Men want power. And God lets them play church.

I, for one, prefer having God in control even if He may be hard to hear from...it's well worth our effort to seek the face of the Lord. That is how it was always done....even in the OT. So we have gone backward not forward.

the revelation of Jesus Christ is going backwards???

Lk 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Brakelite,

Let me quote Jesus...
KJV Luke 11:5-13
5 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
7 And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
8 I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Are you suggesting that Jesus was
A. Lying or
B. Telling the truth or
C. Speaking only to those in front of Him and therefore His promise only to them?

You are correct that there are thousands of denominations teaching some widely disparate doctrines, and all claiming to have the holy Spirit guiding them. Obviously, they aren't all correct right, and the conclusion therefore that they cannot all have the holy Spirit guiding them send quite logical. Or does it? Are those denominations all static in their understanding of doctrine? Is it possible that in many major beliefs, they share a common fabric of understanding based on scripture, but in some doctrines are coming closer together over time through the leading of that same Spirit that inspired the scriptures?
The one denomination that adamantly claims to cleave to that which she has always believed is your own. But that would be incorrect. Through what is also claimed to be the guidance of the holy Spirit has not even your church over time, gathered to itself numerous highly provocative and contraversial doctrines even among your own members, that are not even found in scripture? At least the protestants seek to move closer to biblical truth and are suspicious of 'revelation' that either contradicts or confuses biblical truth.