"And I Will Profess Unto Them, I Never Knew...Who, Exactly?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are we to do then against the prophets of Baal and the doctrine of the devil.

My grand is studying in college about the Puritans and the propaganda distributed during the witch trials in Salem.

At one time in our history there was a great power and influence among religions rather than politics. Now politics is the fore-runner and religion comes second.
But what about TRUE BELIEVERS ?
What are we to do or can we do anything to change the streams flow to another direction ?
If the word of God and his Spirit can't reach them , can we ?

Seems as though on here, we give the TRUTH of the word, yet they continue to hold to teachings by J. Smith, Mohammed, E.G.White, J. Calvin, the Watchtower, or whatever A MAN comes up with !

Has the Word of God lost its effectiveness or have the children of God not utilized their POWER THROUGH THE HOLY GHOST to spread the word?
"And one said to the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long will it be until the end of these wonders?” I heard the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, as he raised his right hand and his left toward heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time; and as soon as they finish shattering the power of the holy people, all these events will be completed." Daniel 12:6-7

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
OSAS is ridiculous! What did Jesus say? 'Take up your cross and follow me.' That's the point of him dying on the cross and the point of the whole bible. Also, that scripture, 'Many will come in my name but I will say I never knew you! When you saw the thirsty you did not do this when you saw the.. you didn't do that.. '

The scriptures also say, 'Repent and be baptized!'
Romans 8.38-39 contains a precious promise to those who do truly believe.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is he talking about,to?

Nominal ,name only,Christians.

''never knew'' you. Jesus was the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world .
Before the fall.Before sin entered the world by one man, Adam. Interesting isn't it? When Eve disobeyed God,sinned,first.

The Lamb's Book of Eternal Life containing the names of all whom God would save was written before the foundation of the world too.

Jesus ] '' I never knew you...''
Is referring to those whose names are not in his Book of Eternal life.
Never knew. Not, I don't know you. Never, God is aware in terms of eternity, never knew you.
Exodus 32:32
Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written

Psalms 69:28
May they be blotted out of the book of life and not be listed with the righteous

Revelation 3:5
Like them, he who overcomes will be dressed in white. And I will never blot out his name from the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and His angels.

Revelation 22:19
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can be seen that, Jesus sacrificial death plays a vital part in human salvation, but this is by no means all that is involved in ‘putting faith in the name of Jesus.’ (Acts 10:43) Following his resurrection, Jesus informed his disciples, “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth,” thereby showing that he heads a government of universal domain. (Matthew 28:18) The apostle Paul made clear that Jesus’ Father has “left nothing that is not subject to him [Jesus],” with the evident exception of “the one who subjected all things to him,” that is, Jesus Father and God YHWH. (1 Corinthians 15:27; Hebrew 1:1-14; 2:8) Jesus Christ’s “name,” therefore, is more excellent than that of God’s angels, in that his name embraces or stands for the vast executive authority that YHWH God has placed in him. (Hebrew 1:3, 4) Only those who willingly recognize that “name” and bow to it, subjecting themselves to the authority it represents, will gain life eternal. (Acts 4:12; Ephesians 1:19-23; Philippians 2:9-11) They must, sincerely and without hypocrisy, line up with the standards Jesus exemplified and, in faith, obey the commands he gave.(Matthew 7:21-23; Romans 1:5; 1 John 3:23)

Illustrating this other aspect of Jesus’ “name” is his prophetic warning that his followers would be “objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name.” (Matthew 24:9; also Matthew 10:22; John 15:20, 21; Acts 9:15, 16) Clearly, this would be, not because his name represented that of a Ransomer or Redeemer, but because it represented God’s appointed Ruler, the King of kings, to whom all nations should bow in submission or experience destruction.(Revelations 19:11-16; Psalm 2:7-12)

So, too, it is certain that when demons gave in to Jesus’ command to get out of persons they possessed, they did so, not on the basis of Jesus’ being a sacrificial Lamb of God, but on account of the authority for which his name stood as the anointed representative of the Kingdom, the one with authority to call for, not merely one legion, but a dozen legions of angels, capable of expelling any demons who might stubbornly resist the order to leave. (Mark 5:1-13; 9:25-29; Matthew 12:28, 29; 26:53; Daniel 10:5, 6, 12, 13.) Jesus’ faithful apostles were authorized to use his name to expel demons, both before and after his death. (Luke 9:1; 10:17; Acts 16:16-18) But when the sons of Jewish priest Sceva tried to use Jesus’ name in this way, the wicked spirit challenged their right to appeal to the authority the name represented and caused the possessed man to attack and maul them.(Acts 19:13-17)

When Jesus’ followers referred to his “name” they frequently employed the expression “the Lord Jesus” or “our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Acts 8:16; 15:26; 19:5, 13, 17; 1 Cor. 1:2, 10; Ephesians 5:20; Colossians 3:17) They recognized him as their Lord, not only because he was their divinely appointed Repurchaser and Owner by virtue of his ransom sacrifice (1 Corinthians 6:20; 7:22, 23; 1 Peter 1:18, 19; Jude 4), but also because of his kingly position and authority. It was in the full regal, as well as priestly, authority represented by Jesus’ name that his followers preached (Acts 5:29-32, 40-42), baptized disciples (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 1:13-15), disfellowshiped immoral persons (1 Corinthians 5:4, 5), and exhorted and instructed the Christian congregations they shepherded. (1 Corinthians 1:10; 2 Thessalonians 3:6) It follows, then, that those approved for life by Jesus could never put faith in, or render allegiance to, some other “name” as representing God’s authority to rule but must show unbreakable loyalty to the “name” of this divinely commissioned King, the Lord Jesus Christ.(Matthew 12:18, 21; Revelations 2:13; 3:8)

So the main focus of Jesus followers should be on doing the work that Jesus commanded them to do. (Matt. 28:19, 20) Never should they become distracted by the political and social issues of this world, which is something too many people who call themselves Christians do today. True Christians love people and care about their problems, but they know that the best way to assist their neighbors is by teaching them about God’s Kingdom and by helping them to develop a friendship with the Father and God of Jesus.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:21-23 KJV is considered by the Once Saved Always Saved crowd to be among their strongest "proof texts". It's claimed, "Those who are saved but continue to work iniquity will not be lost because only those Jesus never knew will be told to depart from Him."

Matthew 7 KJV
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The reason they conclude "only" those Jesus never knew will be told to depart is because they indeed read the word "many" but unconsciously interpret it as "all". Did Jesus say "all" who hear Him say to depart will be unknown by Him? No. He said "many" - "many" is not the same thing as "all".

Yes, there will be many in that day Jesus never knew to whom He will command to depart. However, there will also be those He knew full well but they allowed widespread iniquity to kill their agape cold and dead, leaving them unable to endure to the end and be saved, according to Matthew 24:12-13 KJV - they, too, will hear those same tragic words of Jesus.

So, who only will enter the kingdom of heaven? "He that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 7:21 KJV). Iniquity workers are not doing the will of the Father, no matter how high they raise their praise hands in church. Let's all strive to be among those who "do His commandments, that they may have a right to the Tree of Life and may enter into the gates to the city" (Revelation 22:14 KJV).
How do you become known by God? That's the question, and the answer is quite simple. You have to be HIS, and how is that accomplished? You have to become part of the body of Christ which is his church. And how is that accomplished? You're baptized into Christ, and the Lord adds you to the church which he purchased with his own blood (Acts 20:28) and Acts 2:38-47.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you become known by God? That's the question, and the answer is quite simple. You have to be HIS, and how is that accomplished? You have to become part of the body of Christ which is his church. And how is that accomplished? You're baptized into Christ, and the Lord adds you to the church which he purchased with his own blood (Acts 20:28) and Acts 2:38-47.
Yes, we become "known" by God through our choice to cease from being "apart from Christ" and be "in Christ" and "belong to Christ" by grace through faith. Amazing grace! One inspired writer says "salvation will be the science and the song of the redeemed for all eternity" and will ever study it and find new revelation of God's love as well as ever sing of it and never grow weary.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
quitetthinker

All are not in Christ ! Only those Chosen in Him before the foundation. His Church.

Wrong, God made them goats, so they live like goats, they have no choice.
1668339532158.png

Would you say this accurately portrays God's mindset?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 13:22-24 ( cxt 21-27 )
And he went through the cities and villages, teaching,and journeying toward Jerusalem.
THEN SAID ONE UNTO HIM,LORD ARE THERE FEW THAT BE SAVED?
And he said unto them,
Strive to enter in at the STRAIT GATE: for many I say unto you,will seek to enter in, and shall NOT be able.

JESUS is telling them,all that will listen, that a little LEAVEN ( little sin ) will leaven the WHOLE loaf.
He also goes on to tell any that WILL LISTEN, once the MASTER hath shut the DOOR, IT IS CLOSED.

There will be those whose hearts were not true and saved who will say ,but I was a good person, I read your word every day, I was kind, I helped ppl ect.ect.

He will tell them, no matter what doctrines they believed outside of Gods word nor what books they read, nor the church they attended.......I NEVER KNEW YOU, I KNOW NOT WHENCE YE ARE. DEPART FROM ME ,ALL YE WORKERS OF INIQUITY.

This says I NEVER knew you, Jesus is not their saviour, Lord and Master. They have NEVER accepted his free gift of salvation from the wages of sin. UNBELIEF

He doesnt know where they came from for there was no rebirth into the family of God.

They are all workers of sin as their true father the devil, who rebelled against God and rejected his authority!
The point of the OP: To show Christians need to stop using Matthew 7:21-23 KJV to "prove" this popular but flawed notion -"only those Jesus never knew will be told to depart, which means those Jesus knows are OSAS".

Jesus didn't say "all" unknown to Him will be commanded to depart - He said "many".......which allows for that crowd of unknown "many" to contain many others known full well by Him but told to depart just the same - because "many" is not the same as "all".

Now, instead of this verse being "self evident truth for OSAS" which the OSAS desperately desires it to be, it's shown to be nothing of the kind.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, there will be many in that day Jesus never knew to whom He will command to depart. However, there will also be those He knew full well but they allowed widespread iniquity to kill their agape cold and dead, leaving them unable to endure to the end and be saved,

Heretics teach that you can lose your salvation, because they do not trust in CHRIST to keep them saved.
Its very likely that people who teach this lie, are not truly born again.

Also, Jesus taught that in the Great TRIB, those who are here, who were not born again in "the time of the Gentiles' according to Paul's Gospel of the Grace of GOD, that ENDS when the Trib starts..... so, those who are here, and obey the "gospel of the Kingdom" that is preached by the 144,000 Jews,) have to "endure to the end" of the Great Trib also, to be "saved".
This is what Jesus Teaches in Matthew 24.

Heretics who do not read a bible, nor do they understand the verses in a New Testament, always teach the heresy of "salvation can be lost", to try to destroy the REAL FAITH of REAL Born again Believers.

Notice who these people are, and mark them down, and do not listen to their devil led deception.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
View attachment 27164

Would you say this accurately portrays God's mindset?
My position is; all mankind are 'in Christ' unless they choose to be out.
Choosing to be out often appears as choosing to be in; that is the deception we are to be mindful of.
God's affection is toward all men in real terms, ie he gave his life for them.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heretics teach that you can lose your salvation, because they do not trust in CHRIST to keep them saved.
Its very likely that people who teach this lie, are not truly born again.
It's not heresy to teach from Scripture grace is not a OSAS License to Sin, but is the means by which Jesus becomes our Savior from sin and our Lord who commands we sin no more.
Also, Jesus taught that in the Great TRIB, those who are here, who were not born again in "the time of the Gentiles' according to Paul's Gospel of the Grace of GOD, that ENDS when the Trib starts..... so, those who are here, and obey the "gospel of the Kingdom" that is preached by the 144,000 Jews,) have to "endure to the end" of the Great Trib also, to be "saved".
This is what Jesus Teaches in Matthew 24.
What can you say about the man who's absolutely certain the Jesuit Futurist Matrix into which he's plugged is the only reality that exists? Bro, take a red pill for a change and get to know Protestant Historicism which completely overthrows Jesuit ideas about a 7 year tribulation that supposedly follows the Second Coming.

Do you really think it's fair for God to subject the rest of us to 6,000 years of having to walk by faith and the eternal consequences for failing to do so, only to grant those living in your "last 7 years of tribulation" the ultimate advantage of walking by sight?
Heretics who do not read a bible, nor do they understand the verses in a New Testament, always teach the heresy of "salvation can be lost", to try to destroy the REAL FAITH of REAL Born again Believers.

Notice who these people are, and mark them down, and do not listen to their devil led deception.
OSAS is the heretical idea that teaches we may by dead faith obtain that which can only be obtained by living faith: eternal life.

Refuse to believe it.
Pray against it.
Expose the unBiblical nature of it.
Teach from Scripture the outward evidence of our inward choice to accept Christ is always an obedient life.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Do you really think it's fair for God to subject the rest of us to 6,000 years of having to walk by faith

Heretics believe that their "walk of faith" ....their SELF EFFORT in this regard, saves them and keeps them saved.
This is LEGALISM, or "self..... righteousness", pretending to be Christianity.
Its not.

Real born again Believers, understand that being BORN AGAIN, is why they are saved, and is why they remain so...

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heretics believe that their "walk of faith" ....their SELF EFFORT in this regard, saves them and keeps them saved.
This is LEGALISM, or "self..... righteousness", pretending to be Christianity.
Its not.

Real born again Believers, understand that being BORN AGAIN, is why they are saved, and is why they remain so...
I'll ask you again:

Do you really think it's fair for God to subject the rest of us to 6,000 years of walking by faith alone and the eternal consequences for failing to do so -- only to grant the ultimate advantage of walking by sight to those living during your supposed "last 7 years of tribulation"?

Is He fair in doing that? See how unBiblical your Jesuit doctrines are? "The just shall live by faith, not by sight".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'll ask you again:

Do you really think it's fair for God to subject the rest of us to 6,000 years of walking by faith alone and the eternal consequences for failing to do so -- only to grant the ultimate advantage of walking by sight to those living during your supposed "last 7 years of tribulation"?

Is He fair in doing that?

I say, NO, which is why it's not the case. "The just shall live by faith, not by sight".

Unbelievers, who are found in the Trib, then the Grt Trib (last 3.5 yrs), will not "see" Jesus, so, they will have to BELIEVE what the 144,000 Jews are preaching,, AND they have to endure to the END of this entire tribulation.
Most will be Martyr'd .
That's not an "ultimate advantage"...
That is literally the consequence of not having believed "by GRACE through faith", when they had this chance, BEFORE the Trib started and the offer of Salvation became a very strict and difficult situation.

See, right now......in the "time of the Gentiles"< we have the Grace of God, that is the FREE "gift of Salvation".
Christ has done all the work on the Cross so that we can receive this GRACE of God..."by FAITH".

However, in the TRIB, and Grt TRIB, this same offer of "the gift of Salvation" is GONE.

Notice reader, that there are no Preachers from the church age preaching in the Trib.
This is because they are GONE. = Raptured.
Who is preaching? = the 144,000 JEWS.. and their Gospel, is not the one that was REMOVED with the Body of Christ, when it leaves this earth, just before the Trib starts, and the 144,000 Jews begin THEIR ministry.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelievers, who are found in the Trib, then the Grt Trib (last 3.5 yrs), will not "see" Jesus, so, they will have to BELIEVE what the 144,000 Jews are preaching,, AND they have to endure to the END of this entire tribulation.
Most will be Martyr'd .
That's not an "ultimate advantage"...
That is literally the consequence of not having believed "by GRACE through faith", when they had this chance, BEFORE the Trib started and the offer of Salvation became a very strict and difficult situation.

See, right now......in the "time of the Gentiles"< we have the Grace of God, that is the FREE "gift of Salvation".
Christ has done all the work on the Cross so that we can receive this GRACE of God..."by FAITH".

However, in the TRIB, and Grt TRIB, this same offer of "the gift of Salvation" is GONE.

Notice reader, that there are no Preachers from the church age preaching in the Trib.
This is because they are GONE. = Raptured.
Who is preaching? = the 144,000 JEWS.. and their Gospel, is not the one that was REMOVED with the Body of Christ, when it leaves this earth, just before the Trib starts, and the 144,000 Jews begin THEIR ministry.
When the saints are "taken in the secret rapture" nobody is going to be walking by faith because the evidence that the Bible is true will be everywhere in plain sight: crashed trains, planes, automobiles, piles of clothes and jewelry where Christians disappeared.

Understand?

There won't be any need to walk by faith anymore,
because the the evidence will be everywhere in plain sight.

Got it?

The evidence will be everywhere in plain sight.

Understand?

In plain sight.

Did I mention the evidence will be everywhere in plain sight?

Should I say it in Espanol?

Ino plaino sighto, lo entiendes?

IN PLAIN SIGHT, GOT IT?

For the first time in the history, evidence that the Word of God is true will be everywhere IN PLAIN SIGHT.

My God is not going to demand the rest of us walk by faith for 6,000 years and face eternal damnation for failing to do so, only to grant to those during the "last 7 years of tribulation" the ultimate advantage of walking by sight because of all the evidence lying around everywhere in plain sight.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When the saints are "taken in the secret rapture" nobody is going to be walking by faith

The born again wont be walking by faith, in the Rapture, as They'll be looking at Jesus, face to face.
No faith required.

If you are born again, you are not going to have to deal with the Trib and the Grt Trib.
If you are not, and the Rapture happens soon, and its going to, then you will have to both believe and endure to the end of the entire Trib, to go to heaven.
You'll be martyr'd, and you'll suffer a lot before that happens.

Its best to believe NOW, and be born again NOW, and miss all that misery.