"And I Will Profess Unto Them, I Never Knew...Who, Exactly?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
phoneman777

The question I have is this: Does the verse eliminate the possibility that there will be others with which He did have a spiritual union who will be told to depart?

Never, impossible. You wont and cant say that to part of yourself. Its His Church, Bride and Body that has this spiritual union with Him Eph 5:23-32

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

That word joined emphasizes the union Christ has with them He knows ! They are part of Himself

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

IOW, will those who take the walk of shame include both some of the previously known along with the unknown?

Nope !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh but he did and does love them and this was shown in Salvations gift. FREE to all & whosoever will, let him come and partake. Yes I'm know your strictly Calvinist or should I say RESTRICTED Calvinist !

This they ,we and many forget at times, is a reasoning contract between man and God. We follow all his commands under this liberty of grace.We accept every IF clause inspired to reward our walk as we meet its conditions.

Discipleship is where many leave the straight way and narrow gate, for man has HIS own ideas about what God wants instead of DOING EXACTLY WHAT GOD HAS SAID IN HIS WORD !
Sorry He never Loved them. You can oppose it all you want, call it Calvinism if you want, changes nothing !

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Self esteem yourself way past your mental and theological abilities.
Believe it.

Here is the reality.
If you do not believe that Jesus keeps you saved, then you have not even begun to understand the Blood Atonement, or the Cross of Christ.

Most Hyper Calvinist's like you, never will.
I'm not a Calvinist, you can be sure of that.

Look, there's no discovery of truth unless we weigh the evidence for or against it, right or wrong?

Therefore:

are those Jesus commands to depart only those Jesus never knew (thus, Matt. 7:23 supports OSAS)

-- OR --

are those Jesus never knew that are told to depart just "many" among a crowd which includes those He knew full well but will have to take the walk of shame (thus, Matthew 7:21-23 KJV is no evidence for OSAS at all)?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a Calvinist, you can be sure of that.

Look, there's no discovery of truth unless we weigh the evidence for or against it, right or wrong?

Therefore:

are those Jesus commands to depart only those Jesus never knew (thus, Matt. 7:23 supports OSAS)

-- OR --

are those Jesus never knew that are told to depart just "many" among a crowd which includes those He knew full well but will have to take the walk of shame (thus, Matthew 7:21-23 KJV is no evidence for OSAS at all)?
So friend do you have a conviction on this important issue?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
okay but do you have a conviction on osas ? Does the bible teach it ? If so what scripture do you use to witness it, and if not, why not ! Thanks
I can't find a single verse that says salvation is never lost once it's obtained because the promise of it, unlike the unconditional love of God, is most certainly conditional: on condition we repent.

The OSAS crowd seeks to have salvation cover willful, deliberate, habitual, presumptuous, impenitent sin, which no where in Scripture is promised.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"And I Will Profess Unto Them, I Never Knew...Who, Exactly?"
I daren't go there....its not my call!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't find a single verse that says salvation is never lost once it's obtained because the promise of it, unlike the unconditional love of God, is most certainly conditional: on condition we repent.

The OSAS crowd seeks to have salvation cover willful, deliberate, habitual, presumptuous, impenitent sin, which no where in Scripture is promised.
Okay, I see you condition final salvation on man. Gotcha

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know Jesus. I met him about fifteen/twenty years ago. I had a supernatural experience where Jesus spoke to me and the most profound part of the experience is that we knew each other. He won’t be able to say to me “I never knew you”. The whole experience lined up with John 10:27 exactly as I later found in the Bible. So it gives me great comfort when I hear or read John 10:27 and it reminds that me he loves me.

I have doubt all the time whether I will endure until the end as my life is just physical and mental pain day after day after day. I guess we have to go through some Hell on Earth to be worthy of pleasures forevermore with Jesus in eternity.

I have never found anyone else that has had an experience like mine as I figured this must be a normal Christian experience for new believers because but I guess it is not. It has led me to believe that Jesus communicates with everyone in a different way.

I think the people that Jesus never knew will be people who just never really believed even though they may have been raised in a Christian home etc. they may just go through the motions but never really believed.
@Mantis It's such a blessing that we have Scripture and the work of the Holy Spirit in granting us understanding of it in order to authenticate what we learn of Him.

Reactions: Mantis

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Although the noise is 'show me in the scripture' and 'where is it in the bible' there is no intention of changing anything let alone seeing from another angle. These are religious noises attempting to project piety.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I see you condition final salvation on man. Gotcha
Not the actions of man, but the CHOICES of man. Calvinists claim we're incapable of choice, and the OSAS crowd thinks choice = works, when in reality choice = thought. I believe the Bible fully teaches our outward actions are merely the evidence of our chosen inward spiritual condition, by virtue of verses like 1 John 2:3-4 KJV and the like. Peace.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although the noise is 'show me in the scripture' and 'where is it in the bible' there is no intention of changing anything let alone seeing from another angle. These are religious noises attempting to project piety.
Piety? No. Flesh out which verses are being misused in order to substantiate false doctrine? Absolutely.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Piety? No. Flesh out which verses are being misused in order to substantiate false doctrine? Absolutely.
'false doctrine' is a subjective statement. Any donkey can make the claim. Any ass bray loudly.
Arguing truth with those who do not see is pointless exercise. Little wonder Jesus was silent when Pilate asked him 'what is truth'

Truth is there to liberate....that's its fruit. If you have truth you will know the nature of liberation and you can savour it yourself and share it with the thirsty.

One can not 'jemmy' truth into those who think it consists of theological correctness....whatever that means.

Liberation is a gift....it is not something one can get any other way.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'false doctrine' is a subjective statement.
Not after it's shown to be such.
Any donkey can make the claim. Any ass bray loudly.
And watchmen on the wall that refuse to sound the warning will go to hell just the same as those who attack the truth over which he stands guard.
Arguing truth with those who do not see is pointless exercise. Little wonder Jesus was silent when Pilate asked him 'what is truth'
Who are you to judge what another sees? We owe a debt of gratitude to one of the most notoriously stubborn men who ever lived for teaching us the way of salvation - Paul.
Truth is there to liberate....that's its fruit. If you have truth you will know the nature of liberation and you can savour it yourself and share it with the thirsty. One can not 'jemmy' truth into those who think it consists of theological correctness....whatever that means. Liberation is a gift....it is not something one can get any other way.
"Know the truth and the truth shall set you free". Unfortunately, some people prefer the familiar bondage of error rather than the uncertainty of freedom, and I don't think God appreciates those who give up too quickly or make no attempt at all to help them find it.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not after it's shown to be such.
And watchmen on the wall that refuse to sound the warning will go to hell just the same as those who attack the truth over which he stands guard.
Who are you to judge what another sees? We owe a debt of gratitude to one of the most notoriously stubborn men who ever lived for teaching us the way of salvation - Paul.
"Know the truth and the truth shall set you free". Unfortunately, some people prefer the familiar bondage of error rather than the uncertainty of freedom, and I don't think God appreciates those who give up too quickly or make no attempt at all to help them find it.
do you find my comments personal, Phoneman?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
phonemen

Not the actions of man, but the CHOICES of man.

lol same thing fellow, choices we make are actions of ours ! So again, you condition Salvation on man. Thats not good friend