And the truth shall set you free...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You implied it was because you said the average Christian doesn't have access to that information.
No......this is what I said,

The average Christian doesn't have access to that information and has to make a determination of it's interpretation based on how it is written or worded.

I see no implications there of anything being less than the truth.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
oh, there can be quite a difference between the Lex and any translation even. So if you are relying on someone else's wording, go to the Lex or read several versions, right

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14 (NKJV)
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

1 John 2 (NKJV)
27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Matthew 24
23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it.
24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
25 See, I have told you beforehand.
26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it.

I am not pointing to a single person as Christ. Neither am I saying that individual is here or there in the sense of being only in one specific location.
People who tell you he is only in one location or will be returning to only one specific location like Jerusalem, are the ones you need to doubt.
People who preach that he is an individual who is coming in literal clouds are the ones you need to doubt.
People who preach that Christ is in a specific location on Earth and is causing revival there are the ones you need to doubt.

I am saying that the Spirit of LIFE is everywhere in the flesh on Earth at all times and no person needs to go "Here" or "There" or any place to find it/him.
As for false prophets who show signs and wonders to deceive people. You only need to look at the faith healers of the world and all the believers who claim they have supernatural gifts to do physical miracles. They seem to seduce and deceive many people with their so called supernatural gifts.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
The point of the passage is, Jesus is not here walking the earth. So whether she told me to go look for Him or not, her statement is false. Jesus is not here in the flesh.

Who said it was?

The bible says that anyone who denies that Christ IS COME ( Present perfect tense) in the flesh is not of God but is in fact antichrist.
1 John 4:2-3

The present perfect tense describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.

The problem with many believers is that they seem to think Christ is an individual man but they are wrong. They are misled and misinformed. Christ is a SPIRIT not a man.

As for any person named Jesus. There are lots of them on planet Earth but none are the story book Jesus who had supernatural powers. That story book Jesus is a mythical character who merely personifies TRUTH and LIFE. Real people do not have supernatural powers to do physical miracles and heal others by simply telling them to be healed.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
i would ask you to contemplate this "end to sin" that you envision, wherein there is no choice to sin or not, in this place that you think exists called heaven. Everyone would do only right there all the time, because they would have no choice--just like angels--not to. Free will has been removed, and slavery has been instituted. This misrepresents...oh, pretty much every concept in Scripture, from heaven--which is God's domain and you cannot end up there anyway; earth is our domain--to salvation, which is how the kingdom is manifest (um, by gods btw), which can be reliably traced to our status as Ambassadors, the physical representative of any plenipotentiary body, and thus considered literally that person, which is what was being misunderstood a minute ago, to um, where the heck am i lol...

What makes you believe angels have no choice? If angels had no choice to sin or not to sin, how did they manage to sin in heaven in the first place?
Do you believe that Satan is a fallen angel? Do you believe he was cast out of heaven with a third of the angels who also sinned or did they have no choice in the matter?

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I wasn't raised with it.

And I've witnessed it's veracity time and time again over the last forty years. I've either got it right or the Lord's playing a terrible joke on me.

The joke is definitely on you.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 14 (NKJV)
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

1 John 2 (NKJV)
27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

Typical! Take it out of context to make it seem to say something that it didn't.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical! Take it out of context to make it seem to say something that it didn't.
You have no idea why I posted those verses. You think you do but you don't.

Why don't you explain what it is that I'm taking out of context.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That story book Jesus is a mythical character who merely personifies TRUTH and LIFE.
not sure why you go here, seems like you would just alienate people in what is essentially (to you anyway) a moot point, that you have no evidence for, and cannot really refute the evidence against. Unless you have some evidence that changing the calendar was a false flag, for instance, or something like that.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What makes you believe angels have no choice?
well, i could be wrong there, but i think that basically amounts to personifying angels, who are better perceived as manifestations.
If angels had no choice to sin or not to sin, how did they manage to sin in heaven in the first place?
Do you believe that Satan is a fallen angel? Do you believe he was cast out of heaven with a third of the angels who also sinned or did they have no choice in the matter?
tag for later, gotta run right now. I think we are led into anthropomorphizing angels when we read these, and they are saying something else.

edit: also, you are now relying on the same Book that tells us Jesus was an actual historical person, so it is perceived that you rely on Scripture when It suits you, kind of.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rest of the scriptures are the other scriptures.

They both mean the same thing. "The other scriptures" and "the rest of the scripture" simply indicate the presence of other scriptures besides Paul's and that people are twisting Paul's word's just like they do with the rest of the scriptures or the other scriptures.

I use the New King James.
still its quite different, in meaning, one would probably have to go Greek and maybe Latin also to see what the church's though were at the time. as far as "rest of" as opposed to "other", to settle the issue if it should become one, but I've never heard anyone claim what you have on this. that doesn't mean anything but I have been around the block a few times.

"other people" doesn't mean "the rest of the people" does it?
where you get they are the same does not compute, therefore your claim is based on bogus info. I don't see a acknowledgement in what Peter said as though Paul's writing at that time were considered scripture as in "sacred writings". and again Peter is comparing the people's treatment of Paul's writings as the same as they treat scripture, in the case of twisting the meaning of them.

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
not sure why you go here, seems like you would just alienate people in what is essentially (to you anyway) a moot point, that you have no evidence for, and cannot really refute the evidence against. Unless you have some evidence that changing the calendar was a false flag, for instance, or something like that.

It is not a moot point to me at all. It is no more moot than explaining Mother Nature is merely a personification of Nature and is not a real character who ever existed. Does anyone need evidence that Mother Nature never existed?
People who understand anthropomorphism and know that stories about characters with supernatural powers are mythical, are not alienated. Only those who don't want to admit that such characters are mythical, alienate themselves from the fact. They stick their heads in the sand and don't want to even consider that the invisible character they worship and idolise is as mythical as Zeus.

There is no perfectly correct calendar.
There are many different calendars around the world and they are all based around the cycles of the Earth, its seasons and moon phases.
Gregorian calendar - Wikipedia
Ten Facts About The Calendar
Jewish Calendar – Hebrew Calendar. <<< Check all the calendar types on that page.