And the truth shall set you free...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, #1 you don't know that for a fact,
Actually I do. My faith in the Lord gives me confidence that His Word is true. He says He's not here and I believe Him. And if Jesus was actually walking the earth, it wouldn't be such a secret and His existence wouldn't be in question.

and #2 if you are the Body of Christ, then yes, He is.
This is a part of the watered down new age gospel. The body of Christ does not make you Jesus. You do not become Jesus simply because you believe in Him.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Actually I do. My faith in the Lord gives me confidence that His Word is true. He says He's not here and I believe Him. And if Jesus was actually walking the earth, it wouldn't be such a secret and His existence wouldn't be in question.
?
funny, because there was a question about that even when Jesus walked the earth, from His closest adherents...and you seem to be implying that it would be impossible for Christ to walk among people unobserved, when He also did this (in a passage rife with symbology btw) among His closest adherents.

i mean, i could go dig up the refs if they aren't coming to mind, but...um, ya.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
He says He's not here and I believe Him.
maybe if you quoted the passage for this it might help, but i'm already pretty sure that you are going to assert that Christ cannot be both at the right hand of God and any"where" else? Something like that?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Matthew 24
23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it.
24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
25 See, I have told you beforehand.
26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it.

but if i tell you that you are the Body of Christ, therefore Christ does indeed walk the earth, possessed of the Spirit, the whole shebang, your quote maybe sounds more like those who keep pointing to the near future, or exclaim some special coming event than any kind of response to "you are the Body of Christ."

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but if i tell you that you are the Body of Christ, therefore Christ does indeed walk the earth, possessed of the Spirit, the whole shebang, your quote maybe sounds more like those who keep pointing to the near future, or exclaim some special coming event than any kind of response to "you are the Body of Christ."
I know what you're saying but that's not what was asked.

And just so you know, I don't buy into what you're saying. Being a part of the Body of Christ doesn't make us Jesus. We are not little gods.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
at some point you will meet Him in the air, and your perspective will shift. You will hear/find/see some Word--albeit granted God only knows when--and in an instant you will see that if Christ does not walk the earth, it is only because you are not doing your job. So to speak. 'Job' is a bad way to put it.

Woe to you, who wait for Jesus to come and do something further so that you might have what you desire.
You did not learn this from Scripture.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You mean like put an end to sin?

Woe to me for waiting for that.
i would ask you to contemplate this "end to sin" that you envision, wherein there is no choice to sin or not, in this place that you think exists called heaven. Everyone would do only right there all the time, because they would have no choice--just like angels--not to. Free will has been removed, and slavery has been instituted. This misrepresents...oh, pretty much every concept in Scripture, from heaven--which is God's domain and you cannot end up there anyway; earth is our domain--to salvation, which is how the kingdom is manifest (um, by gods btw), which can be reliably traced to our status as Ambassadors, the physical representative of any plenipotentiary body, and thus considered literally that person, which is what was being misunderstood a minute ago, to um, where the heck am i lol...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
oh ya, Gehenna of course must also be misrepresented, and an "us" and a "them" has to be installed, even though the "them" does not have to be strictly defined. um let's see...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
you cannot really believe that heaven is coming to earth if you are convinced that if someone you trust deems you "saved" then you will go to heaven when you die, and that that is what is meant by "I came that you might have life, more abundantly."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and yes folks, you can manifest Christ from right where you are, right now. Doesn't matter if you've ever gone to "church," or call yourself a Muslim, or are homeless and semi alcoholic. How will you know them? Don't be deceived; you will know them by their fruit.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No offense, but this is what comes to mind when I read your posts.

2 Corinthians 11
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth said:
I am saying at this time Paul's letters were not in the cannon of scriptures, they were instructions to gentiles who were unstable and unlearned in the scriptures that Paul knew word for word.

I understand what you're saying, but that's not what the bible says.

but that's what the bible shows, isn't it?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No offense, but this is what comes to mind when I read your posts.

2 Corinthians 11
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!
i understand, but i would reflect on the possibility that it is your gospel, gotten from wolves, that is corrupted. Maybe not entirely, maybe just a little bit, just enough to convince people that Jesus has more work to do, or that life will start someday in the future, after some big worldwide event that even the world suggests is going to happen, like 100 different ways every day.

After all if you have been raised with it, how might you determine its veracity?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but i would reflect on the possibility that it is your gospel, gotten from wolves, that is corrupted....After all if you have been raised with it, how might you determine its veracity?
I wasn't raised with it.

And I've witnessed it's veracity time and time again over the last forty years. I've either got it right or the Lord's playing a terrible joke on me.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I wasn't raised with it.

And I've witnessed it's veracity time and time again over the last forty years. I've either got it right or the Lord's playing a terrible joke on me.
imo it is at least prudent to assume that we do not get much right, and at least be open to the possibility that God will not manifest the desires of the wide path, which as i mentioned can be seen to be aligned with what the world is saying too.

If you have witnessed 40 years of veracity, then you have also witnessed 40 years of no rapture, yes? Do you, too, need to be at your deathbed before you see that whether there will be a rapture--which is a completely satanic warping of Scripture imo--or not, practically speaking, your chances of rapture fall to zero when you die?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo it is at least prudent to assume that we do not get much right, and at least be open to the possibility that God will not manifest the desires of the wide path, which as i mentioned can be seen to be aligned with what the world is saying too.

If you have witnessed 40 years of veracity, then you have also witnessed 40 years of no rapture, yes? Do you, too, need to be at your deathbed before you see that whether there will be a rapture--which is a completely satanic warping of Scripture imo--or not, practically speaking, your chances of rapture fall to zero when you die?
Who said anything about a rapture?