And who is part of or is to be a part of the Body of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had just found ezekiel 23 when I got busy with customers. I have some things to say about it that I saw. But didn't have time to look for the verse I WAS actually searching for.

I will definitely be back here tonight!
We can find all of the verses and put them together. :)

BTW-that Ezekiel chapter is pretty, Song of Solomon - like. Lot's to chew on there! Hmmm...do I sense a study coming up??!!! :)

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is interesting to note that Jacob was also Tam...as it says in the Genesis. He wrestled with the angel and came out Shalem...having an intimate acquaintance with God. But he had to struggle with his tamim to get there. So then for him the struggle was successful. But for many it isn't. Jacob persevered in his faith in God until he was blessed...like Abel and the sacrifice he offered to God that was likewise accepted.

As the Lord declares. You will seek Me and find Me because you will have sought me with all your hearts.
Amen. Interesting fact about Jacob. I love the story of him wrestling with the angel...or was it God? The place they wrestled is called "The Face Of God" and...“I will not let you go unless you bless me” (Genesis 32:26) would Jacob really have asked an angel to bless him?
I'm not so sure I could "wrestle" like this with God, unless I KNEW what I was asking a blessing for was indeed His will. God seemingly is good with this as He did bless Jacob, concerning Esau.
So much to feast on in His word ♥

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who or what is it that prunes or burns up the excessive baggage that we each carry in order to prepare us so that we might be fitly joined together with other parts of the Body? Do none of us as parts have any role to play in accomplishing that?
Among other things, our afflictions perform this chore. And do any of us have parts to play in that?

I think so, my friend!

;)

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not so sure I could "wrestle" like this with God, unless I KNEW what I was asking a blessing for was indeed His will.

How desparate are you? I think God is completely good with this, just, get ready!

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How desparate are you? I think God is completely good with this, just, get ready!

Much love!
Lol...not saying I have not BEEN there, because I certainly have... just that some might think they can wrestle with God over things that might NOT be in His will. My prayers are ALL answered and He has never left me wanting for one single thing. Yes, "just get ready" cause He is...
xo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...not saying I have not BEEN there, because I certainly have... just that some might think they can wrestle with God over things that might NOT be in His will. My prayers are ALL answered and He has never left me wanting for one single thing. Yes, "just get ready" cause He is...
xo
Not God's will? Don't even bother!

Just the same . . . in the new man, everything I want He wants for me.

Much love!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than trying to express here all of the details and verses of scripture read through this other thread that addresses it more specifically:
If all of the Church is the Bride of Christ who are the guests?
The parable of Matthew suggests it is not actually the wedding feast of the Son, the Lamb. It is the Father's inspection and preparatory assembly of all called guests - both the wheat and the tares.

Once these guests are chosen by the Father, they become part of the Bride and attend the marriage feast with the Lamb. IMO...

So in this sense, NOT all the guests become the Bride.

(Mat 22:14) For many (guests) are called but few chosen (to be the Bride).

Bless you,

APAK

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

illini1959

May 21, 2019
Central IL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than trying to express here all of the details and verses of scripture read through this other thread that addresses it more specifically:
If all of the Church is the Bride of Christ who are the guests?

Well, 10 pages is a lot to dig through...

In case this applies, let me just say that the Song of Solomon doesn't have anything to do with the NT church, so any comparisons are like apples and oranges.

Like I said in my other post, the church is the 'bride of Christ'; all believers. You can't separate the two.

The parable of the Marriage Feast is the King (God) preparing a marriage feast for his son (Jesus) the guests were Israel who refused the invitation and murdered the messengers (prophets) so the King (God) said since those who were invited (Israel) weren't worthy, go out and invite as many as you can find; they gathered all they could find - good and bad (Gentiles) the one not properly dressed for the wedding is someone who didn't properly prepare for the invitation he received. Many called; few chosen (salvation is offered to all, but the way to Christ is narrow and few find it)

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing" Matt 23:37

"And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, “It was necessary that the word of God be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it aside and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles." Acts 13:46

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14

So, basically the invitation to salvation is offered to all, but many refuse. Some want it, but want it on their terms and not God's.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

In case this applies, let me just say that the Song of Solomon doesn't have anything to do with the NT church, so any comparisons are like apples and oranges.

Like I said in my other post, the church is the 'bride of Christ'; all believers. You can't separate the two.

The parable of the Marriage Feast is the King (God) preparing a marriage feast for his son (Jesus) the guests were Israel who refused the invitation and murdered the messengers (prophets) so the King (God) said since those who were invited (Israel) weren't worthy, go out and invite as many as you can find; they gathered all they could find - good and bad (Gentiles) the one not properly dressed for the wedding is someone who didn't properly prepare for the invitation he received. Many called; few chosen (salvation is offered to all, but the way to Christ is narrow and few find it)

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing" Matt 23:37

"And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, “It was necessary that the word of God be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it aside and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles." Acts 13:46

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14

So, basically the invitation to salvation is offered to all, but many refuse. Some want it, but want it on their terms and not God's.
I agree; I don't see the church in the Old Testament, even though a lot of allegorization about the church is made in relation to the Song of Solomon. Some God-glorifying applications can be made as regards to the church, but I don't see the church as the primary interpretation of the Song of Solomon.

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As you will. I referred you to the other thread because that is the topic there. I won't discuss the Bride any more here and further derail this thread. Peace!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree; I don't see the church in the Old Testament, even though a lot of allegorization about the church is made in relation to the Song of Solomon. Some God-glorifying applications can be made as regards to the church, but I don't see the church as the primary interpretation of the Song of Solomon.
Like they say, It preaches well, right? But that doesn't mean it's what God was really saying.

I suspect the Song of Solomon will be correctly understood by the chosen in the wilderness, nourished, with Elijah.

Much love!

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who or what is it that prunes or burns up the excessive baggage that we each carry in order to prepare us so that we might be fitly joined together with other parts of the Body?
The answer is found in Hebrews 12 and James 5.

HEBREWS 12 -- GOD'S CHASTENING
3 For consider him [Christ] that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

JAMES 5:19,20 -- CHRISTIAN CORRECTION
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope as I read down this thread that you do some of your 'wondering' out loud. :)

Sometimes you HAVE to do your wondering out loud so others can help. They may have a verse we aren't considering or some knowledge from God that will help us.

I know some are afraid to wonder out loud because of those who would come in with the attitude of YOU CALL YOURSRLF A CHRISTIAN AND YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THIS??! But...we can just ignore those people and get help. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is found in Hebrews 12 and James 5.

HEBREWS 12 -- GOD'S CHASTENING
3 For consider him [Christ] that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

JAMES 5:19,20 -- CHRISTIAN CORRECTION
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
Thank you!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had just found ezekiel 23 when I got busy with customers. I have some things to say about it that I saw. But didn't have time to look for the verse I WAS actually searching for.

I will definitely be back here tonight!
We can find all of the verses and put them together. :)

Lol. It was not chapter 23 I was looking at earlier...I will find it and be right back.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, it was chapter 22. Verses 18 and 26

22:18. Son of man, the people of Israel are the worthless slag that remains after silver is smelted. They are the dross that is left over—a useless mixture of copper, tin, iron, and lead.

22:26 Your priests have violated my instructions and defiled my holy things. They make no distinction between what is holy and what is not. And they do not teach my people the difference between what is ceremonially clean and unclean.

The first verse tells what a useless mixture Gods people have become. The next verse blames the priests - teachers and leaders. They make no distinction between what is holy and what is not holy. And between what is clean and what is filthy.

And what I see is that, for the most part, we could overlay ourselves and not even be able to tell the difference between what Israel was in these verses and what we are currently. A useless mixture of the teachings of men and with teachers who don't make any distinction between what is holy and what isn't.

As for the other verses I was wondering about, I found them in Haggai 2, but they still don't make much sense to me. Although I did see that to touch a dead body defiled the sacrifice a priest was carrying in his robes and it seemed to fit together with: come out of her my people, do not share in her sins. But I might be the only one who sees a connection, I don't know.

Reactions: Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Stunned!
Not sure what you mean here?
"The whole losing some sort of "unspecified rewards" isn't something I really find in the bible. And to be told, we won't know what rewards we've lost until we get there is scary, its like....lets pass this thing so we can see what's in it! No thanks Nancy! "

Oh...haha! I was talking about Nancy Pelosi when she said of the Obama care bill, well lets just pass it so we can see what's in it!

So it sounded to me like when people say, we'll just lose some rewards, but no one seems to know what those mysterious rewards we could lose are.

Oh lolol. You said hmmm....MY name's Nancy...:D

Reactions: Nancy